Create Account

Buying out of CW

Basically the title. Weekly PT's aren't that bad, even for the very casual users, but CW can be pretty laborious for people who spend minimal time on here per week. Why not add the option of buying out of doing it? The price can be whatever, probably expensive I would imagine.

Just wanted to float it out there.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

I imagine the time it would take to make the money to buy out of CW (assuming it was something very high like 8 or 10 million to prevent just anyone from doing it) would be better spent on just doing CW lol

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 12:31 PM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just get rid of CW altogether. The fact that we've started handing out CW passes and are now also apparently looking for additional ways to get out of it is a clear sign that the activity itself is broken and just not fun anymore.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

07-06-2022, 12:30 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Just get rid of CW altogether. The fact that we've started handing out CW passes and are now also apparently looking for additional ways to get out of it is a clear sign that the activity itself is broken and just not fun anymore.

Where does that TPE go? Or do we axe that 16 per season completely?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 12:49 PM by jackkmart. Edited 1 time in total.)

07-06-2022, 12:38 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
07-06-2022, 12:30 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Just get rid of CW altogether. The fact that we've started handing out CW passes and are now also apparently looking for additional ways to get out of it is a clear sign that the activity itself is broken and just not fun anymore.

Maybe reduce the TPE for CW to like 8 generally reducing the time commitment needed (cutting it half roughly) and increasing activity checks to 3 TPE? Just an idea of the top of my head to keep the same amnt of TPE, I'm sure there are reasons why ACs are worth what they are that I'm not aware of though.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 12:54 PM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 1 time in total.)

07-06-2022, 12:38 PMCampinKiller Wrote:

I'd say finding alternative ways to spend these TPE is the least of our problems. There are so many options, from actual new and exciting activities to adding them on to existing Point Tasks or essentially handing them out for free by adding them to Activity Checks or Training Camp. This would actually be a rare opportunity for us as a league to be able to hand out TPE in new ways without having to be worried about inflation.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 09:43 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 1 time in total.)

Just here to bump this suggestion cuz I like it and it seems to work fine in ISFL/PBE (although I will add they tie it to league jobs instead of opening to all)

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

07-06-2022, 12:46 PMjackkmart Wrote:
07-06-2022, 12:38 PMCampinKiller Wrote: Where does that TPE go? Or do we axe that 16 per season completely?

Maybe reduce the TPE for CW to like 8 generally reducing the time commitment needed (cutting it half roughly) and increasing activity checks to 3 TPE? Just an idea of the top of my head to keep the same amnt of TPE, I'm sure there are reasons why ACs are worth what they are that I'm not aware of though.

Or even just attaching 8 TPE to the CW Activity Check for a +10.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Just don't do it if you don't want to do it. Of course you'll miss out on the tpe but at the end of the day that's the pay off.

As for this. CW passes are only given out to HO, simmers, fileworkers and GMs. Aka the people that spend considerable amounts of their own time running the league so that people can enjoy it for free.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

i like cw

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Yeah me too I like doing it!
It's fun and you can be creative so for 16 tpe you need to put a little bit of work Wink

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Can't say it's in the cards for us at this time.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

08-24-2022, 05:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Can't say it's in the cards for us at this time.

Can I have McGriddle's GM pass as well?

[Image: Wally.png]

08-24-2022, 04:40 PMAnthique Wrote: Yeah me too I like doing it!

Oh you sweet summer child

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Yes

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.