Create Account

Buying out of CW

08-24-2022, 10:00 PMlespoils Wrote:
08-24-2022, 04:40 PMAnthique Wrote: Yeah me too I like doing it!

Oh you sweet summer child

[Image: fadbef42-d741-4b1a-ab14-d615fa3f6775-pro...00x300.png]

I'm fine either way honestly, just figure the end goal (I think?) is to get users engaged and if they're earning enough money to buy out of CW it's kind of a win-win because they're getting involved in ways they enjoy to get that money anyhow. For me it just happens to be a pile of draft renders right around-ish CW time lol

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

eat the rich

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

08-24-2022, 05:45 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Can't say it's in the cards for us at this time.

Yeah, this would require some thought to avoid unforeseen ramifications becoming less unforeseen.  Or something to that effect.  Biggrin

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

08-24-2022, 10:00 PMlespoils Wrote:
08-24-2022, 04:40 PMAnthique Wrote: Yeah me too I like doing it!

Oh you sweet summer child

Yeah, I understand that for those who have done it a couple of times it may become more than a simple task, but get those fingers moving and use that big brain to create something.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

08-25-2022, 09:09 AMAnthique Wrote: Yeah, I understand that for those who have done it a couple of times it may become more than a simple task, but get those fingers moving and use that big brain to create something.

Maybe I could borrow your big brain to create something. Mine's kinda pooped out.  Tongue

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

- - - - - - -

08-25-2022, 09:09 AMAnthique Wrote: Yeah, I understand that for those who have done it a couple of times it may become more than a simple task, but get those fingers moving and use that big brain to create something.

I have no horse in this race I have a CW pass Wink

[Image: lespoils.gif]

@lespoils
Good for you mate haha! But if you did not have it, would you have fun doing it or you would pay to get it done?
@jumpSeat
Well we can't trade tpe so I can't really do it for you Tongue
You still have a week do it so take your time, you can do it Wink

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

I'd probably do one or two and buy the rest out tbh

I guess we could offer the buy out for those wanting to but leave CW as it is for those who wants to put in the time.
Or maybe have less to do but for more TPEs or something.
I don't mind it because we do it once a season.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 07:30 PM by NJBadApple. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm just glad this turned into some sort of discussion and engaged people. I would honestly propose buyout per tpe for CW. For example, $1M per 1tpe, for a total of $16M to bypass CW entirely. Steep enough to deter most people from doing all 16, but reasonable enough to pass on one or two prompts if only a couple interest you.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Write 900 words or draw 25

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

08-25-2022, 07:29 PMNJBadApple Wrote: I'm just glad this turned into some sort of discussion and engaged people.

Absolutely, positive engagement is always great to see, as it's almost always an indication that people feel strongly enough about something to actively consider and suggest modifications. So if there is an ongoing  point of friction, (which there certainly seems to be with CW), it's never a bad idea to air out ways of potentially smoothing it out.

Personally it was my first time doing CW so I didn't have any issues with it. That said, I can easily understand how some people might feel overwhelmed with so many tasks all at once. In other words, the sheer number of simultaneous tasks could seem quite daunting. When you look at the CW page, there's a lot going on there, but IIRC, there's nothing over 150 words and/or 3 TPE for each assignment. (At least for the J).

My suggestion would be: Reduce the number of assignments but increase the word requirements and the TPE rewards.

So keep the total maximum TPE the same at 16, (so as to avoid inflation), but increase the number of words to say 250 for a return of 5 TPE each. That way you'd only have to do a maximum of three assignments, (good for 15 TPE), plus say a bonus of one for feedback. IMO, a change along these lines would make CW far less of a mountain to climb and much more doable.

- - - - - - -

08-26-2022, 05:15 AMjumpSeat Wrote: My suggestion would be: Reduce the number of assignments but increase the word requirements and the TPE rewards.

ISFL and PBE both have this in some kind of way. ISFL has prompts with different word requirements (not talking 100 or 150 here, more like 250, 500, 1000) and there's a big step in TPE from one tier to the other. PBE iirc is just looking at the total number of words of the CW no matter how many prompts/words by promt (there's still a minimum for each prompt, but if you do triple that because that prompt inspires you more your CW is graded accordingly).

I could see something like that + a 1M$ per TPE buyout giving much more flexibility to users to fulfill CW