Create Account

S65 Awards Ceremony Announcement

07-19-2022, 06:28 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
07-19-2022, 05:29 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: That's actually the definition that we've been using for years now (with 30 games as the most recent cut-off), it just never got updated in the Awards Description. I should have corrected that now, my apologies to Strom, the Barracuda and everyone else affected for the confusion surrounding this Award!
30 games seems ridiculously high when the season is only 66 games long. Even teams with active BUGS won't hit 30 starts.

Yeah that could warrant some adjusting for sure. I think they originally came up with that number because the only wanted to cover 1A/1B scenarios and not just regular backups, but I agree that they should probably be included as well if we define the Award like that.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

07-19-2022, 08:52 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
07-19-2022, 06:28 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: 30 games seems ridiculously high when the season is only 66 games long. Even teams with active BUGS won't hit 30 starts.

Yeah that could warrant some adjusting for sure. I think they originally came up with that number because the only wanted to cover 1A/1B scenarios and not just regular backups, but I agree that they should probably be included as well if we define the Award like that.
I definitely agree that backup goalies deserve some love too, as long as they're active. Anything that rewards active players is good for the league in my book.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

07-19-2022, 09:18 PMRAmenAmen Wrote:
07-19-2022, 08:52 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Yeah that could warrant some adjusting for sure. I think they originally came up with that number because the only wanted to cover 1A/1B scenarios and not just regular backups, but I agree that they should probably be included as well if we define the Award like that.
I definitely agree that backup goalies deserve some love too, as long as they're active. Anything that rewards active players is good for the league in my book.
That’s what I said