Create Account

S65 Awards Ceremony Announcement

written recap is on the way

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

A heartfelt congratulations to all the winners!! Yay

Truly hope you enjoy your new bobbles, and best of luck finding the perfect spot in the trophy case!   Biggrin

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 07:07 AM by RomanesEuntDomus. Edited 1 time in total.)

Thank you for the show Shylo and HFFO! Here are your Winners in written form:

Challenge Cup: Awarded to the SHL Champions

Los Angeles Panthers Panthers

Cole Reinhart Trophy: Awarded to the West playoff champions

Mathias Chouinard Trophy: Awarded to the East playoff champions

Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda

Presidents' Trophy: Awarded to the top regular season team

Sergei Karpotsov Trophy: Awarded to the player with the most points in the season.

Gudmundur Kristjansson syndicate

Jay McDonald Trophy: Awarded to the player with the most goals in the season.

Burlok Sulfurgold Inferno

Turd Ferguson Trophy: Awarded to the player with the most penalty minutes in the season.

Daniel Laforest Monarchs

Mike Honcho Trophy: Awarded to the goalie who gives up the least goals in one season.

Mat Smith / Lord Skrolk syndicate

Ron Mexico Award (League MVP) - At least 3, no more than 5
Aleksander Kozlov Barracuda - Winner
Jimmy Larkin-Conway Stars
Chimkin Wing Stampede

John McBride Award (Best Goaltender) - At least 3, no more than 5
Nicolae Antonescu pride - Winner
Strom Chamberlain Barracuda
Rebecca Montagne Aurora

Scott Stevens Award (Best Defenceman) - At least 3, no more than 5
Rikard Bjerg pride
Colin Lambert Barracuda
Puddles O’Duck Inferno - Winner

Ryan Jesster Award (Best Rookie) - At least 3, no more than 5
Shoyo Hinata Inferno
Jaeger Jones Aurora
Rebecca Montagne Aurora - Winner

Jeff Dar Award (Best Two-Way Forward) - At least 3, no more than 5
Jonathan Granstrom Rage
Theo Kondos syndicate
Gudmundur Kristjansson syndicate - Winner

Bojo Biscuit Award (Best Defensive Defenseman) - At least 3, no more than 5
Rikard Bjerg pride - Winner
Disisde Dayudie syndicate
Arsene Leclerc Monarchs

Aidan Richan Award (Most Improved Player) - At least 3, no more than 5
Evil AllBran Forge
Makrus The Tater Jager Blizzard
Jimmy Larkin-Conway Stars - Winner

Lance Uppercut Award (Best General Manager) - At least 3, no more than 5
Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard
Los Angeles Panthers Panthers - Winner
Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Joe McKeil Award (Best Coach) - At least 3, no more than 5
Chicago Syndicate syndicate - Winner
Hamilton Steelhawks Steelhawks
Tampa Bay Barracuda Barracuda

Damian Littleton Award (Most Dedicated Member) - At least 3, no more than 5
Rangerjase
skölpaddor
Zoone - Winner

Anton Razov Trophy (Playoff MVP) - At least 3, no more than 5
Grape Fruit Panthers
Olof Karsikko Panthers - Winner
Chimkin Wing Stampede

Sarmad Khan Trophy (MVP as voted by the players)
Gudmundur Kristjansson syndicate

Congratulations everyone.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Jets got robbed

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Wow, I'm so thankful for the recognition of Jimmy's amazing season. Hats off to all the other winners, and runners up for that matter!

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Also, let me draw your attention again to these beautiful Awards Graphics courtesy of @jackkmart Smile

[Image: AWARDSCREENsergeikarpostov.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENjaymcdonald.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENmikehoncho.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENturdferguson.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENronmexico.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENscottstevens.png]
[Image: BojoBiscuitS66.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENjeffdar.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENaidanrichan.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENsarmadkhan.png]

Also, the final results have now been added to the OP, so congratulations again to all the Nominees & Winners Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

07-16-2022, 05:15 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Also, let me draw your attention again to these beautiful Awards Graphics courtesy of @jackkmart Smile

[Image: AWARDSCREENsergeikarpostov.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENjaymcdonald.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENmikehoncho.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENturdferguson.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENronmexico.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENscottstevens.png]
[Image: BojoBiscuitS66.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENjeffdar.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENaidanrichan.png]
[Image: AWARDSCREENsarmadkhan.png]

Also, the final results have now been added to the OP, so congratulations again to all the Nominees & Winners Smile

I uh.  I didn’t win the Honcho.

07-16-2022, 05:40 PMChevy Wrote: I uh.  I didn’t win the Honcho.

Sorry, I assume there was some confusion around the fact that Chicago was the team with the fewest goals against while you were the starter with the fewest. As you already assumed the OP is correct in this case though and the graphic isn't the tandem of the team with the fewest GA wins so that would indeed be Smith and Skrolk.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

07-16-2022, 06:35 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
07-16-2022, 05:40 PMChevy Wrote: I uh.  I didn’t win the Honcho.

Sorry, I assume there was some confusion around the fact that Chicago was the team with the fewest goals against while you were the starter with the fewest. As you already assumed the OP is correct in this case though and the graphic isn't the tandem of the team with the fewest GA wins so that would indeed be Smith and Skrolk.

so my question is, has it always been goalie tandems?

according to the award histories and the description of the award it’s goalie. Not goalies.

07-16-2022, 07:32 PMChevy Wrote:
07-16-2022, 06:35 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Sorry, I assume there was some confusion around the fact that Chicago was the team with the fewest goals against while you were the starter with the fewest. As you already assumed the OP is correct in this case though and the graphic isn't the tandem of the team with the fewest GA wins so that would indeed be Smith and Skrolk.

so my question is, has it always been goalie tandems?

according to the award histories and the description of the award it’s goalie. Not goalies.

Last time I checked that was the agreed upon definition, not sure since when it has been like that though. You are right in that the Award description is inaccurate at this point.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2022, 08:17 PM by Chevy. Edited 2 times in total.)

07-16-2022, 07:52 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
07-16-2022, 07:32 PMChevy Wrote: so my question is, has it always been goalie tandems?

Last time I checked that was the agreed upon definition, not sure since when it has been like that though. You are right in that the Award description is inaccurate at this point.

inaccurate and confusing.  

*EDIT*

It would seem the OP is inaccurate then as the stream shows the following

[Image: IMG_2792.png]

I would still like to see this, it it is actually intended to be for goalie tandems, to be updated to reflect it as we definitely have enough active goalies that both contributions should be recognized

I suggest we just copy what the NHL does for the Jennings:

"An annual award given to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it, selected based on regular-season play."

Could change the games played to be 12 to match the BUG min. Could also have it only awarded to active goalies.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

now no one mention that every single graphic says Season 66 in the top right lol

oopsie

07-16-2022, 09:08 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: I suggest we just copy what the NHL does for the Jennings:

"An annual award given to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it, selected based on regular-season play."

Could change the games played to be 12 to match the BUG min. Could also have it only awarded to active goalies.

That's actually the definition that we've been using for years now (with 30 games as the most recent cut-off), it just never got updated in the Awards Description. I should have corrected that now, my apologies to Strom, the Barracuda and everyone else affected for the confusion surrounding this Award!

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

07-19-2022, 05:29 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
07-16-2022, 09:08 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: I suggest we just copy what the NHL does for the Jennings:

That's actually the definition that we've been using for years now (with 30 games as the most recent cut-off), it just never got updated in the Awards Description. I should have corrected that now, my apologies to Strom, the Barracuda and everyone else affected for the confusion surrounding this Award!
30 games seems ridiculously high when the season is only 66 games long. Even teams with active BUGS won't hit 30 starts.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]