Create Account

FHM Player Icons - Powers that be, please see!

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I hope this forum is okay. (If not, feel free to move).

I just finished watching the first preseason stream, (and while I certainly enjoyed scoring my first ever goal in my first ever game - WooHoo)!! Yay -  there's a fairly simple way to make the game appear much better. As I've said in other threads, I've been playing FHM 8 since its release, so I've had a pretty good opportunity to look under the hood. What I'm talking about here is the 2D graphic display. I'd like to post two screen shots so you can compare them side-by-side. The first is from today's preseason stream and it looks like this:

[Image: sshot-1.png]

Now don't get me wrong, the sim engine itself is great in eight, but I was never happy with the visual presentation. So after looking into it a bit, we came up with this:

[Image: Canucks-Kings-Ice-17.png]

So I invite you to look at both and judge for yourself which looks better. For me the answer's pretty simple, (and no it's not the first one).  Tongue I just want the league to be as good as it can be, plus for selfish reasons, I want to enjoy watching the streams and those boring boxes drive me crazy! So please, please, please let's put a little character into the visuals.

Here's a YouTube link showing the player icons in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXy-k5O7L0

And please do click the link, it's only a few seconds long and these screenshots are not HD, (still trying to figure out the attachment thing), so to get a true appreciation for the graphic upgrade, you really need to see the video. (And no it's not monetized, and there's no link baiting going on here). Biggrin

Now as for the specifics, it's pretty straight forward. From what I've seen in my short time here, you've got a fantastic collection of incredibly talented Photoshop people in the house, and this only requires intermediate skills. (If that). Nothing has to be made from scratch. I've got Photoshop templates where all that has to be done is color swap to get the icons to match the SHL team colors. It's really as simple as that.

So I'm just throwing this out there, for the powers that be to consider, although I'm really hoping the league embraces this so I don't have to go bonkers watching those boring boxes in the regular season and beyond!

Thanks for reading and I hope you're enjoying the games as much as I am!!  Cheers

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

Oh that’s sick

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

07-15-2022, 06:05 AMluke Wrote: Oh that’s sick

You can add custom goal horns, national anthems and various sound effects too!

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

- - - - - - -

Love it! Any way the player names could be a bit bigger?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

This is awesome! I'd love to see us make that happen here!

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

That's awesome, great suggestion

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

I am 100% in favour of this change. HO make it so.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

07-15-2022, 09:15 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: Love it! Any way the player names could be a bit bigger?

Not at the moment no, they're hard coded in this version. The devs have been playing around with them a bit, but they haven't quite found the sweet spot yet.   Timber

- - - - - - -

That will be so much more fun to watch!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]