Create Account

S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

CREATIVE PROMPT - We're back baby! It's S66 and your organization wants to kick it off with a bang! You've got a big budget, a whole team of arena staff, and the owner's green light to do anything you please-- as long as it's a night to remember. 

Written Task: What incredible spectacle do you plan for your team's opening night? Fireworks? Live music? Live animals? Your only goal is to make the most exciting and memorable opening night you can. Go as crazy as you like, but try to incorporate at least some elements of your team's branding or culture! (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Depict your player coming out on to the ice during this enormous event.

PLAYER PROMPT- The start of a new season is no doubt an incredibly exciting time for a player. Anything can happen in a new season, and this might be your year. After weeks of hard work and training, you're finally standing on the blue line, helmet off for the national anthem, staring up at the spot lights-- your first game back is just moments away. 

Written Task:  Tell me what's going through your players head at this last moment, seconds before their first shift after a long off-season. Are they nervous? Excited? Maybe stressed? Are there specific people or moments that come to their mind? Do they need to settle down in a moment like this to play their best? If so, how? Or are you the type of player with ice in your veins that thrives in exciting moments like this? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your team lined up on the blueline for the start of the season. Make sure the arena includes some branding or features unique to your team.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, July 24th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

pt pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Code:
Written Task: What incredible spectacle do you plan for your team's opening night? Fireworks? Live music? Live animals? Your only goal is to make the most exciting and memorable opening night you can. Go as crazy as you like, but try to incorporate at least some elements of your team's branding or culture! (150+ words)

Opening night is upon us for the S66 season and this season Ben Jammin has been chosen as the head for all the wonderful festivities that will take place in Chicago that evening! 

There will be a 50% off all Syndicate merch, 50% off all concession food and snacks (including beverages). DJ Ben Jammin will also be responsible for all the music that will be played during the game that night as well (it will mostly contain K-Pop songs as a spoiler). The opening ceremony will have player and staff introductions as per usual for every season. However, for this season since Ben Jammin is in charge each player will have their own "walk-out" music where each player got to choose what song they would like to come onto the ice with. For Ben Jammin, his song would be Blackpink's "How You Like That". 

At the end of the game, every fan leaving the arena will receive a limited edition small plushie of "DJ Ben Jammin" to remember all the festivities that took place for Chicago's S66 opening night. 

(179 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 11:07 AM by Valpix. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt (164 words)

As I take to the ice for opening night, all I can think about is how this is the beginning of the end of my career in Quebec City, and I think about everything myself and my teammates have been through, and how much it drives us to be our very best this coming season. From the Game 7 OT heartbreak in Maine in my rookie year, or the Finals loss in my second, or last year's loss to Detroit. These are experiences that sucked in the moment, but we're using them to fuel us onward and upward. In the next 60 minutes, and every 60 minutes for the rest of the season, it will be nothing less than one hundred percent effort. Having won with Switzerland in Salzburg, I remember that winning feeling, and I want to deliver it - to my teammates, our fans, our organization, everyone who's been a part of this. This is not just for me, it is for them.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

pt pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Season 66 opening night is upon us. After a horrible previous season the expectations are high again. Propera Place is packed and fans have received a free bobble head of Rikkert Biemans, Kelowna's 8th overall pick last season. Outside of the arena there was a fan market with lot's of merchandise, activities and food to enjoy. Inside the arena there are multiple musicians playing at center ice before the season opening video is displayed on the freshly created ice. Kelowna's rich history is the main story in this video with the message that it's time to extend that history. The rivalry with Vancouver is also an item even though we are in seperate divisions this season. After the video ends there's some fireworks going off in and outside of the arena. The players come on the ice, the national anthem is played, the puck is dropped and another season is on it's way!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2022, 02:56 AM by Carpy48. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt - Graphic Task

[Image: ZqvOD5r.jpg]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

07-18-2022, 12:33 AMleviadan Wrote: Written Task: What incredible spectacle do you plan for your team's opening night? Fireworks? Live music? Live animals? Your only goal is to make the most exciting and memorable opening night you can. Go as crazy as you like, but try to incorporate at least some elements of your team's branding or culture! (150+ words)

This seasons home opener is probably the biggest one that Winnipeg has had since the re-branding to Aurora. The team believes it is coming out of a long re-build and all of the pieces are there to start competing. This means that we really have to amp up the crowd to get everyone excited.

Winnipeg management, in perhaps a questionable move, put Jarrow in charge of these festivities with a directive to spare no expense. What ended up happening was what could only be described as in the local paper as "An absolute calamity".

First 15 thousand tons of sand was brought in and placed above the ice surface. The fans were instructed to show up 2 hours in advance at which point a production of "Gladiator" played out on the rink of sand by a band of 75 actors. Once the play finally finished, everyone had to wait while a crew of over 600 men emptied the sand so the game could begin.

Ultimately, the sand warmed the ice up and the game had to be cancelled but about 200 fans showed up to watch the play. Perhaps some oversight would have been appropriate when giving Jarrow such broad powers.

[ 201 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

Player task:

Moments before puck drop, Salming just tries to enjoy his time. He knows that gamedays are like holidays. You have done all the hard work on the summer trainings and now you get the reward which is playing ice-hockey in front of the full house. That means you need to try to enjoy every moment on ice when you get to compete against other best players in the global universe. So, Salming just reminds himself how lucky he is to play in the National Simulation Hockey League and be one of the leaders in Seattle Argonauts. Salming doesn't sing national anthem because he is Finnish born player instead of North America so he uses that time to meditation. He closes his eyes, takes five deep breaths in and out and after that he is ready to battle hard when the song has ended and lights are bright. And just second before puck drop on ice, he also shouts once for himself "VAMOS" and after that he is ready to score.

[Image: salming.png]

Our team is called the Atlanta Inferno. So i guess you can already see where i am going with this. Opening night, bring your best fire protected suit, call you fireman friends, check if the arena water supply is working properly... because it is going to be hot.
Fire everywhere! Players getting into the ice? Flamethrowers going crazy, 10 feet in the air. Behind the goal, also some flames constantly working for the entire game, non stop.
But now you might be thinking, "this sounds pretty unsafe, that is a lot of flames and flammable gases in a closed arena in Atlanta... Do i really want to bring my kids and family to something like this??"

So just do not come. If you do not have what it takes, if you do not like to take some risks in your life that involve fire, you are not the type of fan we are looking for. Stay at home.

(158 words)

player task

as a hardened simulation hockey league veteran, not much goes through mitchell van der heijden's head before the beginning of a new season. sure, he is excited to begin play in a new simulation hockey league season as most simulation hockey league players are, but as his simulation hockey league career winds down and he prepares to retire in the near future, he has had no trouble refinding the absolute joy for the game he has had his entire life, but especially when he was a younger player in the simulation major junior hockey league all those years ago. it is easy for him to maintain focus towards a successful season; after all, he is looking to perform better than he did last season and help the philadelphia forge finally win a playoff series for the first time in franchise history. but he is as excited as ever to play a new season and get wins.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Biggest show on ice!
[Image: MJDMU5R.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

PT pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

PLAYER PROMPT Written Task: It’s a great feeling for me to start the regular season on opening day. I don’t think it’s just great for me; it’s great for everyone in the SHL and Chicago Syndicate. I think it’s a sign to show what we’ve been through up to this point through offseason workouts, training camp and the preseason and is the next step in completing the ultimate and most difficult goal of winning a Challenge Cup. There are a lot of young new faces on the team this season with Stephan Gill, Dave Heinrich, Adelie de Pengu, Melvin Majestik Moose and Pasta the Turtle who are going to be stepping in to create the next generation of Syndicate superstars after Chicago legends like Disisde Dayudie, Martijn Westbroek, and Daniel Smeb retired while SHL leading point scorer and first line forward Guðmundur Kristjánsson left Chicago via free agency. Overall with the western conference getting a lot stronger this season it should make for an exciting season.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars