Create Account

Rink Factory for FHM8
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 05:05 PM by DrunkenTeddy. Edited 8 times in total.)

As people likely have seen the fhm6 rink images don't work on 8, so I wanted to give some direction on how to make rinks for fhm8. There's a program that was created by a community member on the fhm forums for creating rinks, it's definitely quite helpful in making them. Not using this program is fine too, but then you'd have to deal with trying to make your images look under the surface, which gets more scratched up as the period goes on.

Before you download Rink Factory, there is a pre-requisite application that needs to be installed called ImageMagick, it can be found here:
https://imagemagick.org/script/download.php#windows

Once that is installed you can download Rink Factory here, I picked the portable version, so nothing had to be installed, but if you prefer to install it you can download the full setup:
https://github.com/eriqjaffe/FHM-Rink-Factory/releases

You will get some warnings running this software because it isn't a known publisher, I can't say with 100% certainty that it is safe, but when the source code is fully available and no one has complained about it, I'm pretty sure it's okay.

Here is what the software looks like:
[Image: EcVJnvC.png]

A couple things to note:
1. Type the team name in all lowercase, this is used to create the file names so they work in fhm and for some reason it didn't work with capitals for me.
2. When inserting an image sometimes you won't be able to see the adjustments for it, so you may struggle to make it smaller, if you click on the image then click on "Make Center Ice Logo" it will shrink it down and make that easier for you.
3. When you save the rink it will save as a zip file, there will be 4 images that are used by the sim and a .rink file, which can be used to reopen and further edit the rink in Rink Factory later.

If you have made a rink you want used in the sim you can send the zip containing all 4 png images to the sim team (assuming you have the authority of that team to replace the rink of course). Feel free to post any questions you might have, or if you have any tips and tricks.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I thought it looked pretty cool

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

You are doing the lords (Zoltan of course) work Teddy

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Thanks Teddy!!

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Definitely a nice app! Comes in handy for streamlining the process. Big thumbs up for this one! Cheers

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!