Create Account

S66 PT #2: Freaky Friday

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

If Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts of the Simulation Hockey league could have an outside job besides being a hockey player for the Seattle Argonauts of the Simulation Hockey League would have to be a simulated house designer. Liam Slate loves to play Simulation type games and loves to design and build stuff. Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts of the Simulation Hockey League would be a professional simulation house designer specializing in the game house flipper. Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts would design peoples houses via the house flipper game and send them the plans. Then he would coordinated with his team and get those plans to be reality. Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts would not be that successful because he is known for not finishing games and just stopping after it gets too hard. Liam Slate likely has many projects on the go for this job, and likely would be getting sued for the deposit that would be given. Thankfully so far Liam Slate of the Seattle Argonauts does not need this second job because he would be in trouble because he got no talent, sad.

191 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

PLAYER PROMPT
It's canonical in the SHL universe that pretty much anything can be a famed hockey player from moose to turtle to anime character so Jay's job would be as mad scientist making all of these pro hockey abominations. Physically he would of course look like a mad scientist with the crazy and messy grey hair and would work hard on perfecting his evil laugh. He works in the lab all day figuring out what weird animal or obscure reference he can bring to life and can get some ice skates strapped to it so it can be good enough play professional hockey. His life is very different because playing God like this is actually very illegal in the SHL universe so he has to constantly change locations to escape the simulation FBI. He is certainly not rich, turning a cartoon character into a skilled professional hockey player is quite expensive but he is certainly famous due to his many creations being in the league and many people following him to know what he might make next.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

PLAYER PROMPT

If Adelie needed another career outside of hockey, I think it would be pretty easy for him to go into acting and become the new action hero of the modern era. He is plenty athletic from playing both football and hockey and has built himself up as a star. People already know his name, so he would draw massive crowds and we already know there is a market for penguin action heroes. After all, people absolutely adore the Penguins of Madagascar. He could take what they do to the next level and even bring awareness about penguin endangerment in the process. That is Adelie's whole goal in life after all. Simply to bring focus on penguins and get them as much help as possible. As he converts to the big screen as the strongest, most badass penguin to ever exist he could use that platform to his advantage and even maybe get to meet his heroes from Madagascar in the process.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

If Matthew Mayhem were to wake up with a job besides being a professional hockey player he would probably be a dentist or a circus clown. Mayhem loves to juggle, due to the fact that his parents were circus freaks, so becoming a juggling circus clown would be a natural move for him. If that didn't work out being a dentist could be another option. If he were to become a dentist, he'd likely still juggle though. Most people are nervous when they visit the dentist, and what better way to relax than for your dentist to juggle the sharp tools in front of you while you're sitting in the chair waiting to have your teeth cleaned? He would also perform dental procedures dressed as a clown, and patients could honk his clown nose anytime they are nervous. While these may seem like unconventional jobs, Mayhem is an unconventional guy, and he would be the best circus clown dentist the world has ever seen.

Code:
167 words
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 10:47 PM by Marcul_le_depanneur.)

Player prompt / written task

Since I woke up after getting hit with that puck, I’ve been a professional golf player. My daily routine honestly is pretty similar to what it was while I was playing hockey. I wake up early to do some physical training then I go the golf course to work on my skills. I’ve got an awesome drive but putting is my main weakness. I’ve worked on it a lot lately, so I don’t 5 putts anymore like I use to (I still find it way easier to do a hole in one than putting)![/font][/size][/color][/align]

The main difference in my new life is that the season is organised according to different tournaments, so I have a lot of time between short burst of playing whereas I played a little bit every week when I was playing hockey. The other more noticeable difference is that I’ m making WAY more money then when I was playing hockey. Between the prize from winning tournaments and the endorsements, I was able to buy myself a mansion in Boston and to buy myself a sailboat which I use in my free time to travel.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

ISFL affiliate +3

Quote:
Citadelles

i would be a plumber and i'm really well suited for this job because of my body type primarily. plumbers often have to deal with complicated drains and need to use tools like long sticky snakes to get down there. i am an eel so i have the body type to go down there and clear out plenty of clogs and blockages. the immediate thought that comes to mind here though would be "well then philippe eko eel formerly of the atlanta inferno and now of Plumbing, wouldn't you then go facefirst into a lot of poop and pee and crud and grime and gunk and goo and all the nasty things that cause those drain blockages and clogs in the first place?" well, that's right, but i'm a nasty little dirty little freak so i don't mind it! plus i can charge good money because my willingness to get in the mix makes my work extremely efficient and i will make so much money to spend on eel stuff. @goldenglutes @leviadan

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

[Image: unknown.png?width=990&height=662]

Pablo Salvatici enjoying his new career as an influencer/youtuber

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Written Task:  Now that you're a big time hockey tactician, tell me about your plans! If you got to coach a pro team, what kind of things would you want to explore? Do you feel like there's a facet of the game that isn't being exploited by current coaches? Weird plays you'd like to try? Something like running five forwards on the power play? Sky's the limit! I want to hear what interesting or fun ideas you'd have if you got to be the bench boss. (150+ words)

Ya, life as a professional hockey coach.  Not one I would necessarily chose due to its precarious job security.  Its either win or no job....a tough life !!  But, nevertheless, here I am.  I believe strongly in analytics.  By this, I mean advanced statistics such as Corsi or Fenwick ratings.  If one examines the roster and is able to ice a team with a high rating in both of these areas, that team should generate more scoring chances than perhaps your opponent.  I stress speed in a "run-and-gun" context.  If you turn the puck over, turn, put your head down and get back to defend.  Short shifts are required to play this system effectively, so you have to be in the game, even while on the bench.  A welcome consequence of this type of high energy play is that it is very exciting for the fans.  And we can all use more fans to fill all those seats, right ?

On the other hand, it is likely better to stick with being a player !!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Player prompt

Ever since Lilja was a little guy back in his hometown in Finland he had always had a thing for trucks. Nobody knows why, probably cause they were so radical and big which had a proper impact on him when he was still very young. If a truck would go by him, he would always ask the driver to honk his horn, if they ended up doing it Luukas would be more than thrilled every time. After his career in the SHL he would most likely pick up a truck driving job in Euro Truck Simulator 2. What could be better in life than driving a truck all over the european continent and visit many countries while at it. All in all, his life long goal would be to inspire other children in the game with his truck the way he was inspired when he was young, and to highlight that truckers arent always gross perverts who have sex with every hitch hiker they see in sight.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Player Prompt

If hockey were suddenly not my passion, I would have to pivot towards teaching; it may even be something I pursue after my career is over. One of life's great joys is helping people learn and seeing that spark go off in their eyes as comprehension dawns on them. When I was a wee lad, one of my teachers said that she truly enjoyed teaching me because she could see that flare and it made her feel gratified. I had no idea what she meant at the time but now that I am the captain of the Berserkers and the young players look to me for answers, I get it. When someone struggles to hear something from the coach and they come to me and I can make it make sense to them, it fills me with pride. I don't know if I would want to be a coach but rather I would like to work with children and help set them up for the future.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Prompt 1:

For GK had he not been in the SHL, he had one likely planned out career path. During his youth he spent a lot of time on his fathers fishing boat, and learned how to fish in the Icelandic waters, as well as operate the fishing trawler. GK really has a passion for fishing outside of hockey, and may take up the activity full time once he retires, however guaranteed had he not gotten into hockey he would have been a career fisherman.

GK’s father runs his own fleet of fishing vessels, and GK would have learned how to operate/commmand the fleet, run the administrative side of things, as well as operate the fishing vessels. GK really feels at home when at sea, and in this case he would not really be famous. GK would live the rest of his life in his home of Iceland, settling down and raising a family of future fishermen, from the comfort of his Icelandic coastal home.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PT pass because I would not let my noggin get bonked.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

If Donair chose a different career path, or if there was some sort of alternate timeline a bonk on the head would send him to, he would most likely be working for a non-profit organization in Milwaukee somewhere, surrounded by his family and friends as well as the low-income communities he hopped in and out of as a child. There are a lot of issues that plague places like Milwaukee that aren't necessarily talked about on a grand scale - things like redlining, food deserts, a lack of comprehensive bus routes, skyrocketing rent floors across low income housing, and more. There are plenty of organizations out there who are trying to handle what the public CAN help with, like simple donation/food drives or initiatives to start gardens and markets in places without them at present. At the end of the day, John Donair has always been a roleplayer on and off the ice. A big part of his personality is helping those in need and making sure people who have it all understand that there are plenty of people who have nothing. It would be a pretty fulfilling career in either universe!