Create Account

EDM Sopath Punishment
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2022, 11:31 AM by GCool. Edited 1 time in total.)

07-25-2022, 11:16 AMPatty Wrote:
07-25-2022, 10:42 AMGCool Wrote: Just trying to make sense of the middle part there

Is the onus on the GMs to confirm the updaters saw the change, or is that just supplemental information and this is their punishment for a regression done more than 5 days late?

Because if it's the former, I can understand the reduced sentence - and if it's the latter, I don't quite understand.
Since updates go into the fhm file on Sundays. Monday is the first day of the new cycle and the update team wouldn't see it/ it wouldn't go into the file until the following Sunday. So EDM tried to avoid that delay by letting the Sim team know about the attributes that needed to be changed to make Sopaths build legal / regressed. That did not end up getting done by the sim team.  So it's mostly supplemental but potentially relevant to an appeal.

Ah, I see. I also see I flipped my former/latter by accident and this makes sense. Thank you for clarifying! Smile

I have nothing to add except Wheel of Time was a good book but nothing too special

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

07-25-2022, 11:55 AMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: I have nothing to add except Wheel of Time was a good book but nothing too special
Emotional Damage

[Image: sig-goldblum.png]
Former Player

GOOD ONE BEN LULW

[Image: rotti.gif]

How does this effect the Hamilton Steelhawk legacy

[Image: izzy.PNG]

07-25-2022, 01:22 PMRotticusScott Wrote: GOOD ONE BEN LULW
Too far man

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Thats my fantasy pick

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

At least Waters has that 35M salary as a player or whatever it was

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

07-25-2022, 10:29 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: I'm bringing ham into this

fuck @Nhamlet

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

"Five Days Late: Dismissal of General Managers, forfeiture of the team’s next available (own) 3rd round draft pick (2nd round pick is retained) and $2,000,000 fine to the coming season’s Salary Cap."
Straight from the rule book is a different punishment, why? And if we have new rules, please update the rule bookSmile
Additionally who in Head Office was supposed to check GM tasks to ensure their completion on time?

Thanks,
Krash

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

07-25-2022, 10:05 PMCementHands Wrote: "Five Days Late: Dismissal of General Managers, forfeiture of the team’s next available (own) 3rd round draft pick (2nd round pick is retained) and $2,000,000 fine to the coming season’s Salary Cap."
Straight from the rule  book is a different punishment, why? And if we have new rules, please update the rule bookSmile
Additionally who in Head Office was supposed to check GM tasks to ensure their completion on time?

Thanks,
Krash

I don’t think firing the GMs here is the right call, rulebook or not. Canning the GMs over a fuck up that may not be entirely their fault won’t encourage more people to want to GM

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Isn't it punishment enough for the Edmonton players to have Waters as their co-GM? Probably should remove the lost pick.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-25-2022, 10:36 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
07-25-2022, 10:05 PMCementHands Wrote: "Five Days Late: Dismissal of General Managers, forfeiture of the team’s next available (own) 3rd round draft pick (2nd round pick is retained) and $2,000,000 fine to the coming season’s Salary Cap."
Straight from the rule  book is a different punishment, why? And if we have new rules, please update the rule bookSmile

Thanks,
Krash

I don’t think firing the GMs here is the right call, rulebook or not. Canning the GMs over a fuck up that may not be entirely their fault won’t encourage more people to want to GM

Oh don't get me wrong, me either. My complaint is with the consistency in the rule book, and the fact that this appears to show no one is double checking gm tasks, so there's no chance to catch these things earlier.
I think the rule needs to be re written, and clearely so does ho because they have a rule in place they could follow, but explicitly decided not to. My impression was head office levies punishment based on the rules, the appeals group is there to handle situations that seem too harsh and the rules get re written as appropriate. Why was this 10 days late without anyone else knowing about it?

If head office isn't double checking GM tasks, what exactly are they being paid for?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

07-25-2022, 10:58 PMCementHands Wrote:
07-25-2022, 10:36 PMCampinKiller Wrote: I don’t think firing the GMs here is the right call, rulebook or not. Canning the GMs over a fuck up that may not be entirely their fault won’t encourage more people to want to GM

Oh don't get me wrong, me either. My complaint is with the consistency in the rule book, and the fact that this appears to show no one is double checking gm tasks, so there's no chance to catch these things earlier.
I think the rule needs to be re written, and clearely so does ho because they have a rule in place they could follow, but explicitly decided not to. My impression was head office levies punishment based on the rules, the appeals group is there to handle situations that seem too harsh and the rules get re written as appropriate. Why was this 10 days late without anyone else knowing about it?

If head office isn't double checking GM tasks, what exactly are they being paid for?

Without commenting on the rest Head Office does a lot of behind the scenes shit like put up with my 1 million budget questions.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

07-25-2022, 10:58 PMCementHands Wrote:
07-25-2022, 10:36 PMCampinKiller Wrote: I don’t think firing the GMs here is the right call, rulebook or not. Canning the GMs over a fuck up that may not be entirely their fault won’t encourage more people to want to GM

To address this quickly we removed most instances of auto firing from the rulebook a while back.  This one just got missed

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]