Create Account

EDM Sopath Punishment

07-26-2022, 01:48 PMCementHands Wrote:
07-26-2022, 08:15 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: I'm confused, do you want HO to check every single team roster to see if every single player has been regressed properly? Because that's crazy. 

They should update the rulebook, though. JHO had too harsh of penalties for GM tasks as well, so when we issued less severe punishment, we did so with an update to the rulebook.

Yes, I do. You can check the regression post to see if the players have been done and direct link to the regression post. Also work with the regression team to communicate. For me, I think it's completely pointless having the range of days, but to not double check it so there's a chance to catch it earlier.
I know it's work, I did it for 3 seasons. Part of the reason I burned out and stepped down from HO in the first place. Head Office is supposed to be work.
This isn't about an incorrect regression, it's straight up a regression was not done for 10 + days past the due date. What then is the point of having a scaling punishment if it won't be used. Again, I'm not advocating for the 5+ day punishment to be applied, I'm saying fix the rule book, because we aren't punishing by it, so it should not be written in that we will.

As patty already stated, we are aware that this change was missed in the rulebook when we removed all of the other "auto-fired" punishments. This was an oversight on our part, but we have already acknowledged that, and it will be fixed.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

07-26-2022, 10:22 AMAgentSmith630 Wrote:
07-26-2022, 09:29 AMgrok Wrote: For these reasons, the Appeals Committee has chosen to uphold the GM pay fine and the 3rd round pick penalty

III.

the Appeals Committee has voted to reduce Bas O’Bigbers’s suspension to 9 games.

I like these decisions and the reasonings behind them. Thanks to the appeal committee for doing such quick and effective work!

As a relative newcomer, I find myself quite neutral on this subject, (in that I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other). What I will say is this thread has been fascinating to follow, if for no other reason than to observe a bit of an open window into some of the inner workings around here. From what I've seen, you appear to have organized and developed a very interesting system of governance, and I feel as though I should commend you on the uniqueness (and seeming) effectiveness of what you've managed to build. Cheers! Cheers

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

quirky shl government uwu

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

07-25-2022, 11:55 AMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: I have nothing to add except Wheel of Time was a good book but nothing too special

That's really uncalled for

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

07-26-2022, 01:48 PMCementHands Wrote:
07-26-2022, 08:15 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: I'm confused, do you want HO to check every single team roster to see if every single player has been regressed properly? Because that's crazy. 

They should update the rulebook, though. JHO had too harsh of penalties for GM tasks as well, so when we issued less severe punishment, we did so with an update to the rulebook.

Yes, I do. You can check the regression post to see if the players have been done and direct link to the regression post. Also work with the regression team to communicate. For me, I think it's completely pointless having the range of days, but to not double check it so there's a chance to catch it earlier.
I know it's work, I did it for 3 seasons. Part of the reason I burned out and stepped down from HO in the first place. Head Office is supposed to be work.
This isn't about an incorrect regression, it's straight up a regression was not done for 10 + days past the due date. What then is the point of having a scaling punishment if it won't be used. Again, I'm not advocating for the 5+ day punishment to be applied, I'm saying fix the rule book, because we aren't punishing by it, so it should not be written in that we will.

In the past I know Eggy and then Corey personally checked that regression was completed with the list posted on site. Idk how it's supposed to be handled now, if it's a team thing or not but it was commish responsibility back then.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

07-27-2022, 12:29 PMSopath Wrote:
07-25-2022, 11:55 AMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: I have nothing to add except Wheel of Time was a good book but nothing too special

That's really uncalled for

If u wanna fight me: Dennys parking lot, 4AM, shirtless

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2022, 04:10 PM by ZootTX. Edited 1 time in total.)

I always knew Sopath was toxic smh

I guess I'll add something that (maybe) is constructive. In another league there is a separate 'regression' department with a head and minions. The teams are divided among the minions and they check both that the regressions are done on time and correctly. I hate to be all 'another league does it this way' but from my short time as an updater here I always thought that would be a good idea to implement here.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

07-27-2022, 04:07 PMZootTX Wrote: I always knew Sopath was toxic smh

I guess I'll add something that (maybe) is constructive. In another league there is a separate 'regression' department with a head and minions. The teams are divided among the minions and they check both that the regressions are done on time and correctly. I hate to be all 'another league does it this way' but from my short time as an updater here I always thought that would be a good idea to implement here.
We dont talk about Bruno ISFL

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpeg]

07-27-2022, 03:55 PMRenoJacksonHS Wrote:
07-27-2022, 12:29 PMSopath Wrote: That's really uncalled for

If u wanna fight me: Dennys parking lot, 4AM, shirtless

I don't wear shirts.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

07-27-2022, 04:07 PMZootTX Wrote: I always knew Sopath was toxic smh

I would like to just say that I am always open to recommendations based on the experiences of another league. I think it's good that we do some things differently, because every league is unique, but I also think that experience is a really underrated resource and I think all of the leagues would be better off if we were all a little more open to learning from the successes and failures of the other leagues (especially considering the amount of overlap we all have in membership). So imo, don't worry about being the "in my OTHER league" guy if you have an idea that you've seen be really successful somewhere else - I can't speak for the rest of HO but I'm always open to that stuff even if we take a look at it and it turns out it wouldn't work for us.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

07-27-2022, 04:07 PMZootTX Wrote: In another league there is a separate 'regression' department with a head and minions. The teams are divided among the minions and they check both that the regressions are done on time and correctly.

I'd like to apply for one of the nameless, faceless minion positions, as I sincerely believe this is my true calling in life. Thank you. Biggrin

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

07-28-2022, 05:00 AMjumpSeat Wrote:
07-27-2022, 04:07 PMZootTX Wrote: In another league there is a separate 'regression' department with a head and minions. The teams are divided among the minions and they check both that the regressions are done on time and correctly.

I'd like to apply for one of the nameless, faceless minion positions, as I sincerely believe this is my true calling in life. Thank you. Biggrin

[Image: Minions_characters.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

07-28-2022, 09:02 AMEvok Wrote:
07-28-2022, 05:00 AMjumpSeat Wrote: I'd like to apply for one of the nameless, faceless minion positions, as I sincerely believe this is my true calling in life. Thank you. Biggrin

[Image: Minions_characters.png]

No Evok these guys definitely have faces smh my head

[Image: lespoils.gif]

07-28-2022, 10:53 AMlespoils Wrote:
07-28-2022, 09:02 AMEvok Wrote: [Image: Minions_characters.png]

No Evok these guys definitely have faces smh my head

[Image: 30e.jpg]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

07-28-2022, 11:25 AMEvok Wrote: [Image: 30e.jpg]

bin épeurant ça tbnk

[Image: lespoils.gif]