Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2022, 01:37 PM by vbottas17. Edited 1 time in total.)

You can usually find me in a dark corner of the locker room listening to metal..

1. Slayer - Seasons of the Abyss - A great album as a whole but the title track really gets me going before games. The intro is an incredible build up to the fast pace guitar riffs of Jeff Hanneman & Kerry King before Tom Araya's vocals blast through the epic chorus.

2. Pantera - Domination - A great song through & through but what separates this song is the insanity that the world's heaviest, simplest, breakdown tends to create. The build-up slows while Dimebag's guitar squells before re-entering moments later with a high paced solo accompanied by destructive low background riffs.

3. Rage Against the Machine - No Shelter - A simple song with Tom Morellos signature wah pedal sound comprising the main guitar riff, the song explodes into a finale that leaves me ready to hit the ice everytime.

4. Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark - an epic masterpiece of a song, as you can tell I tend to like slower songs that lead to intense fast guitar riffs.

5. King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Lord of Lightning / Vommit Coffin - A band from my native Australia, these guys don't fit in with the rest of my list in most ways, however, their live shows are epic and they blend countless genres of music together.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Good Morning by Martin Garrix and Matisse and Sadko.

Garrix has been reigning as one of the world's top DJ's for half a decade or more by now. He closes the biggest festivals in the world and this song is usually his opener because of the insane energy.

JAJA DING DONG from Eurovision

I don't know if I really need to explain this one given the insane lore that it has in the juniors, but I think this song has become synonymous with Newfoundland and it's hard not to sing along when you hear it. Really gets the team going.

Fat Lip by Sum 41

We ain't going anywhere without some punk rock and there'll be more to come. STORMIN THRU THE PARTY LIKE MY NAME WAS EL NINO

Dancing Queen by ABBA

Another song that has a lot of history in Newfoundland and who doesn't love a little more ABBA in their lives???

Beeg Yoshi's Lounge

Uh... banger alert? Have you heard it? I don't know why I'm explaining this ones - the vibes speak for themselves.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2022, 03:11 PM by bbjygm. Edited 1 time in total.)

Have you ever listened to music and thought, "boy would I love to shove the nearest letter opener as far up my ear canal as possible!" No? Well never fear, if you feel left out then this Regina Elk album is for you! It includes hearing-disabled hits such as:
- We Will Elk You: from the hit tribute band, Queen Freddie and the Mercuries, comes this classic version of We Will Rock You. Every home game the stadium passes out preserved elk hooves to make the stomping and clapping more authentic.
- Come On Regine(a): a spoof of Come On Eileen, this song is a love message from the fans to the team.
- Darude Elkstorm: this song honors the original by staying as close to the same music and lyrics as possible while giving it an elk spin.
- Star Wars: Rise of Elkwalker OST: can you believe there's an entire Regina-themed Star Wars movie? You better, because this track is the entire OST in one.
- I Will Always Love You (Hodor): this is a beautiful rendition of the classic song by Whitney Houston, cleverly reimagined by the Regina Elk player Hodor himself.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

PBE - https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=485887

1. Its Only Me - Barenaked Ladies
NHL 2002 soundtrack specifically the pregame/warmup animations. More of a nostalgia pick but I stand by it.

2. Fat Lip - Sum 41
On the same soundtrack as the first but this one is a more universally beloved pregame banger.

3. Nine to Five - Dolly Parton
A little reminder to the everyone that while were paid to play it should still be fun

4. Rella - Odd Future
Lyrically aggressive and a little weird but when played loud it is a crucial shift from dolly as the team gets back into that winning mindset.

5. Duel of the Fates - John Williams
Hard not to be jazzed up by this point and this is the finale, fitting for a group of knights headed off to battle.

Honorable mention The Riders of Rohan - Howard Shore
Swapped out for Duel of the Fates on occasion depending on how people are feeling.

1.Lose Yourself - Eminem
How can you not play this banger when you live in Detroit. Honestly would be hard pressed not to list 5 songs by him

2. Kickstart my Heart- Motley Crew
This song just gets the room going. Really gets your legs going right out the gate

3. Good Ol Hockey Game- Stompin Tom Connors
This song goes without saying. Classic hockey song to enjoy.

4. Sandstorm- Darude
Who says you need lyrics for a hype song. This is a classic pregame ritual for the boys, and by the boys I mean me.

5 In to Deep- Sum 41
This song hits hard. This was my pump up song from when I was growing up, my dad would always throw this song on before we hit the rink.

6 Anything AC/DC
Classic rock band, one of the best all time. Their music just gets you into that kind of mood where the pedal is touching the ground.

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Well, the 5 songs I would have listed under my Simulation Hockey League pre-game playlist for the Colorado Raptors are pretty obvious. In fact, all the songs on this pre-game playlist are from one artist and I feel that my name would be a dead set giveaway on what the artist would be. Carly Rae Jepsen, the pop star sensation would be the entire pre-game playlist. Now, let me go ahead and go through all 5 songs.

This Kiss: I mean, this is an absolute banger and the best song on the Kiss album by Carly Rae Jepsen. Plus it goes on about dancing and going out all night. Perfect for a hockey night!

I Didn't Just Come Here To Dance: If you know what I mean....Hockey! Of course, what else could she mean by the song lyrics?

Good Time: I mean, this is self explanatory. It's always a good time at the Colorado Raptors

Higher: Because that's where the Colorado Raptors are going! Higher and to the end!

Beach House: The newest hit! Let's dance on a beach house and celebrate/party in the arena!

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

Quebec city clearly has some great jam that play in the locker room before every game. We have some great music that can pump us up and get us going. Here's the top 5.

La machine a Scorer by Bob Bissonnette
- The song literally talk about goal scorer and is also the goal horn of the team, so for me it's a clear winner in the locker room, it crank up the forwards to get us some great goals.

Chris Chelios be Bob Bissonette
- This one is literally dedicated to all the defenseman of the team, signing a great hymn to one of the best defenseman of the National Hockey league.

Giants by True Damage
- This song really represent how we are doing something bigger than ourselves and that together, the team can reach new height.

Die For You by VCT Ft. Grabbitz
- Everyone on this team would sacrifice themselves on the ice for the one standing next to them.

Venom by Eminem
- It's always funny to encourage our little dirty side even on the ice.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Let's take a look into the dept of the Regina Elks pregame playlist.

-  Saskatchewan - Les Trois Accords
That's an obvious one, with how many french canadians we have in the locker room and where Regina is situated.

- Pingu: NOOT NOOT Theme Song but it's DARK SOULS BOSS MUSIC - carameii
If you know this one, you know exactly why it's a must to hype a team in a pre-game locker room. If you don't know, then what are you waiting? Go listen to that master piece right now.

- Hooked on a feeling - Daniel Hasselhoff
A good pre-game list cannot be complete without the Hoff himself. Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga Ooga-Chaka Ooga-Ooga

- I'm the Boss - Big Bad Bosses
Bowser ("Big Bow"), Dr. Eggman ("Ronik"), Sephiroth ("Sephy"), and Ganondorf ("G-Cash") all together to form a boy band. Do I really need to add something else?

- Sea Shanty 2 - Runescape
I don't care what everyone else think, I've put that one on the playlist and I'll put it back every time anyone remove it. BRING BACK THE RAIDERS! Raiders  Raiders  Raiders  Raiders  Raiders  Raiders  Raiders

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

Lose Yourself by Eminem - “A classic pump up song that everyone knows and can sing along to. I swear this one has been on my pre-game list since primary school..”
Party Hard by Andrew W.K - “Let’s get the party going! This one really gets the boys bouncing along.”
Freaks by Timmy Trumpets - “The beat in this song is only trumped by the trumpets. This is a song I had never heard of before it was played in the room but now I have to play before every workout.”
Numb/Encore by Blink 182 ft. Jayz - “A very cool blend of rap and rock. Can I get a encore, do you want more?”
Rumble by Zayde Wolfe “This is my personal favorite. I found it as it was an intro from one of my favorite streamers. I love when this one plays before we go out as the “here to rumble” really sets the tone.”

1. Mother Lover - The Lonely Island
This song perfectly explains the bond the team has, as we're always there to support each other. Even if things get a little weird.
2. Take over the World - Your Favorite Martian
This song gets the crowd moving as we cruise our way to the playoffs, completely unstoppable in their hearts.
3. S.O.A.R. - Devour the Day
This song keeps the team moving in the hard games where we're falling behind and brings up the energy to keep fighting as hard as we can for the win.
4.  Fast Lane - Bad Meets Evil
This song keeps the team moving on the ice. It ensures our victory as we run circles around our opposition. 
5. Smooth (feat. Rob Thomas) - Santana 
This song is for after the game to set the team and the fans in the right swinging mood on the way to the post game party. Where I will of course be the center of everyone's attention.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2022, 11:58 PM by diacope. Edited 4 times in total.)

On my Seattle Kraken's pregame playlist you would have to have a theme and to start things off you need a banger right away to get you into things

1. DMX Ruff Ryders Anthem

Next up is one of my old favorite songs that should help bring back old memories and strengthen my mind

2. Tupac Lil Homies

My third song would have to be something very new so I can get my thoughts open and be able to focus on better opportunities on the ice while remembering the basics

3. Teejay3K Ain't Safe

Who doesn't love another banger? Next up I would throw on a song somebody showed me to create a better bond with line mates during the game

4. 50 Cent, Justin Timberlake Ayo Technology

Lastly to end things I'm listening to one of my newer favorites and will probably never stop listening to

5. MBNel Man in the Mirror

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

I have to be honest, I tend to listen to my own music on the day of the game, but when I get a chance to listen to the locker room speaker and pick some tunes to play my top five is pretty easy.

1. Blur - Song 2, classic hype track that used to be pretty cringe but has been coming back with a nice vintage feel lately and definitely is one to look out for when wanting to pump it up.

2. Pump up the Jam - Technotronic, another classic to really get the blood pumping and feet moving on a late night in Vancouver.

3. Ace of Spades - Motorhead, a pure adrenaline junkies anthem really. Nothing really matches this one in terms of just getting in the right mood to go out and battles to be honest.

4. Lose Yourself - Eminem, another real classic song just to groove too to be honest. This one is more of the fun of it.

5. The Canadian Anthem, nothing really beats the mental trigger of hearing that anthem going off before the game. Maybe getting it in a little early too can't hurt.