Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

I woke up again, eyes shooting open wide, red and wet from another night of "the screams". The screams come everytime I realize there is a chance I get to play against Bobby McGinnis of the Great Falls Grizzles ( Grizzlies ). I've been waiting my entire life to dominate Bobby, He slapped the hell out of me when we were in grade 4, now I cant keep my eyes of his insane OGR numbers. Since Ive arrived in the SMJHL as a free agent I've been waiting for my chance to get revenge on Bob and that night has finally come, Its circled on the calendar and when Bobby comes gliding across the trolly tracks with his head down I'm going to leave my feet and get suspended. Id like to formally pre-apologize to my D partner Antontio Flusso but my screaming at night in the hotel room is not coming to an end anytime soon!

Whalers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: vj4u3El.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2022, 01:20 AM by diacope. Edited 2 times in total.)

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?

"I'm still very new but from what I'm hearing in the locker room it seems like the Anchorage Armada are always being brought up the most out of any other team in the league and saying it's a rivalry is an understatement, I'd share some of the details but I'll spare the handfuls of ugly words and plans for our next match. Whenever both teams meet on the ice it's all about blood, nobody seems to care about shots and hits are heavily focused on until the final buzzer like they are competing for the amount of blood spilled.. Eventually wearing themselves out and refueling an already heated rivalry. For now it doesn't seem like things will change and because many of the players know each other from past ventures.. One positive thing taken out of this is a hell of a show for the fans, especially the ones who enjoy horror sports flicks" Rabinov

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...0&mobile=1 - PBE

I don't know too much of the long long history of the Vancouver Whalers to be quite honest. I think its a pretty safe bet to say the current top rival should be Kelowna. This season probably does not do the history justice to be quite honest. Kelowna has eliminated Vancouver from playoffs three times at least in the last 7/8 seasons alone, not to mention both teams have a long history in the league itself and are located very close to one another. This season it is a little bit hard to see it, as Vancouver is performing well in the league, solidifying their place in the top 3/4 teams this season, while Kelowna are bottom of the league, but I am not sure there is a better-fit rival really that I can see. I am sure another team that could have a more recent history of bad sentiment from Vancouver are something like Newfoundland from early 60s playoffs, or one of the northern teams in Anchorage or YUM.