Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2 - The Upcoming Draft
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 10:16 AM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

Oh my goodness is it that time again? Yup, as a rookie you can't help but see the upcoming draft as just a ball of wonder. So I am going to break down a few things about this draft in this deep dive.

I think the biggest thing about this for me personally is the chance to do better than Jon Forty-One. I got taken 23rd overall and ended up being the best attacking player in my draft class and one of the best overall by the end of our careers. I will be looking to do the same for an organisation that needs long term defence. Now the key thing here is who actually needs defence? Well, by the looks of it. A good number of teams can always use more defenders as it seems to be one of the more unpopular positions in the league. I personally think it is going to be the most fun.

Rebuilding teams will need both but I believe defenders in my draft class, if not in most draft classes, end up going pretty high so I am actually looking forward to talking to GMs about long term goals for the org, what they think to the new engine, how they would probably like to build me (Which is super exciting I think for rookies cause you discover how you will be used or building in the future) and just see how they vibe.

By the looks of it, or at least as of writing, the Edmonton Blizzard will have 1st overall. My old franchise. Honestly, I would love to become a defender for them as I know how fun that locker room can be and would love to play for them again. I do not really think a team exists past Philly that I would not love to play for as I get on with most normal SHL people.

I actually think the steal of the draft will be Aneeq. I have zero hope of spelling his player's first name but Zopf is going to be a steal. He joined late to this season but is max earning, enjoying the league and will be a great long term asset to any team. If he can survive on Outer Banks Aviators being one of the worst teams in the PBE right now with ease he can survive being in rebuild in SHL very easily. He most likely drops cause I doubt every SHL team has discovered scouting still but the ones that do get him will probably have one of the strongest draft overall.

I am unsure how strong this draft class really is or will be overall but I think the recreates are going to be great pickups overall. Evok, myself, Bruins, etc all are insane earners and have had good previous careers and you know we are all going to earn very well. I fear it may be a little top heavy but hopefully some more of the new blood are just as great when we look back in like Season 80 or something,

The point is, the draft is always hype and I am hoping the draft goes well and strong!

[534 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Approved, +5 TPE to @C9Van

[Image: CptSquall.gif]