Create Account

S66 PT #3: Breakaway Challenge

THIS IS US CHEERING AS EVIL ALL BRAN SCORES A SHOOTOUT GOAL. WHAT YOU CANT SEE HERE IS MY EAR KISS THAT I USUALLY DO TO MY TEAMMATE NEXT TO ME WHENEVER ANYONE ON OUR TEAM SCORES.

[Image: hC3Y1zT.jpg]

[Image: gurbs.gif]

This is not, the greatest breakaway attempt in the world, no! This is just a tribute. Couldn't remember, the greatest penalty shot in the world, no! This is just a tribute. Angus McFife is lined up with the center ice dot, ready for his first career penalty shot the Inferno subreddit will meme about for years to come. He has to score. When all of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon, in the middle, of the offensive zone. And he said: Score the best breakaway goal in the world, or I'll eat your soul.

I looked down at coach @hotdog and I said, OKAY. and I put up the first feint and dangles that came to my mind, just so happened to be the best goal in the world, yeah it was the best goal in the world. It was destiny.

Needless to say, the beast was stunned. Whip-crack went his whippy tail, and the beast was done. He asked me, be you angel? and I said NAY, I am Agnes mcpiep. ROCK ONNNN!

Too bad every tapes were lost and the presence of the devils himself made all cameras unable to record the shot. Only the players on the ice can remember it. Not even I angus can actually recall what it went like, it doesn't go anything like this shot i'm attempting right now, this is just a tribute to the best goal in the world. You gotta believe me, and I wish you were there, it's not a matter of opinion.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Shootouts to end hockey games are an atrocity. For a team game to come down to a one versus one skill competition type activity takes all of the fun out of what is an incredible sport. Hockey players, especially professional hockey players, are competitors. And while the leagues and front offices are trying to protect their assets from games that go to multiple overtimes and cause potential risk for injury they zap away some of the best fanfare that you can get in regular season hockey. Look, there is simply nothing better than sudden death, next goal wins, type of competition. There just isn’t. It’s what makes overtime in the Stanley Cup or Challenge Cup playoff so incredibly compelling. We want to hang on the edge of our seats. We want to see 20 men go to war for an extra 20, 40, 60 minutes to decide the game. And sure, the 4 on 4 and 3 on 3 are fine alternatives because at their core, they’re still hockey. But please don’t tell me the shootout resembles anything like a real hockey competition.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

HOCKEY PROMPT

Personally, I'm fine with shootouts being used, at least for regular season games. You can't really have infinite overtime when there are back-to-backs on the schedule, just imagine two teams that play a triple OT banger only to have to play again the next day, it would put too much stress on the players' bodies. Ties fucking suck, and I say this as a European. It's the worst possible ending to a game, it leaves both teams feeling like fucking losers and it leaves the fans feeling unsatisfied, like we were robbed of a proper ending. It's like if at the end of a superhero movie the heroes and the villains were in the middle of the big battle and then they just abruptly stopped and said "fuck this let's go home". I think shootouts are a fine way to end a game, though I will say that one slight adjustment that could be made would be to have regular season OT last 10 minutes instead of 5. Having the game end in overtime is more satisfying, so I think extending OT would be an improvement - but other than that, I think the current format is fine.

PBE Affiliate

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

Using the shootout to end games in the NHL after overtime didn’t bring up a winner is not ideal, but going on and on until there is a winner is not something you’d want in a pretty heavy schedule the NHL has. With the 3 on 3 overtime has become a lot more decisive already, but perhaps the length could be increased to 10 minutes. Honestly I think it’s fine the way it is right now and don’t want anything to be changed.

Shoot outs are also fun to watch sometimes. Teams are guaranteed a point already and some players can show off their amazing skills head to head against the leagues best goaltenders. We’ve seen amazing skills over the years by players such as Kucherov, Oshie, Kane, Datsyuk and I’m probably forgetting a bunch of good players too that should have been in this list as well. But yeah in the end I think it’s fine right now.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I think the addition of the shootout to decide games is one of the worst things the NHL has done in recent memory. Why would you want to decide the outcome of a team game by an individual event? It doesn't make any sense, it's like trying to decide the outcome of a basketball game by a slam dunk contest. Or a baseball game by a homerun derby. However, the addition of 3-on-3 overtime was one of the BEST things the NHL has done for the game recently; it's completely electrifying. Almost every OT game keeps people out of their seats, why wouldn't you just do that until someone scores? That would absolutely be my solution to replacing the shootout. You could even take it a step further and remove off-sides and icing to make the game more "arcade" and chaotic. This would also increase scoring chances, so it doesn't last forever.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

PBE Affiliate

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

Hockey prompt
The shootout is a necessary evil in the NHL. It is an exciting way to end a game, but it is also a very flawed way to do so. I think that the shootout should be used to decide games in the regular season, but not in the playoffs. The shootout is a Skills Competition, and it should be treated as such. In the playoffs, the game should be decided by the players on the ice, not by a skills competition. I think that the shootout is an exciting way to end a game, but it is also a very flawed way to do so. I think that the shootout should be used to decide games in the regular season, but not in the playoffs. The shootout is a Skills Competition, and it should be treated as such. In the playoffs, the game should be decided by the players on the ice, not by a skills competition.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

The breakaway is one of the harder spot for Brandon's game. I know you are probably like, "why you are a scorer, shouldn't this be your bread and butter?". Well not really, Brandon would be considered a sniper. This is set to be more of a shooter than a dangler. Brandon is set to take shots from farther out and pick his spots rather than make the moves to get the goalie to give more space. I feel if Brandon were to have this breakaway challenge he would set it up like this. He would come out in a Uncle Sam costume and have a prop cannon at center ice. Then he would skate in, stop, and pretend to take a slap shot. As he fakes the slap shot the cannon shoots a toy cannonball at the goalie distracts him while Branon puts the puck in the net. This would keep some fan fare and fun while still holding on to that sniper brand.

164 words

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

Creative Prompt:

Welcome to The Breakaway Challenge. The lights dim. The whole arena goes silent. Slowly, a red, white and blue flag descends from the ceiling. Nope, not that one. As the Union Jack is lowered, "God Save the Queen" begins to fill the ears of everyone watching in-person and at home. When the flag reaches the ice, it falls to the ground and Jay Sink emerges from it. The crowd gasp, and he takes a moment to drink it in. Then, Jay taps the Atlanta Inferno logo on his jersey and fire shoots out of each corner of the rink. Having learned sword-swallowing over the offseason, Jay Sink seemingly reaches into his throat and pulls out a hockey stick. He taps his stick on the ground, fire shooting out from the rink again. Finally, with a grin he takes the puck into his possession and begins to dribble towards the goalie. The goalie takes a step towards him to narrow the angle, and Jay Sink blows him a kiss before stroking the puck past him - triggering another set of fire to be launched into the air. (185 words)

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

smjhl simmer pt pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

As someone who does not come from North America I do not really see the reason for not having ties in sport. It works in pretty much every other sport on the planet without issue. Obviously it will not work in the playoffs but across a normal regular season spliting the points evenly does not have any repreccussions other than the nebulous argument that people "dont like it" or dont feel satisfied by a split result. One side effect from it may be that you would have to re evaluate the number of points handed out for a win. Such as in football where the winner takes home three points for a win but in the event of a drawn game both teams only get one point which is used as a way to encourage teams to chase the win rather than just settle for the draw. Overall I think there are bigger issues facing hockey that this one but I also think that shoot outs are a lame way to finish games off.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Written Task: You've got one breakaway attempt on national television with no holds barred. You have to pull off the most fun, exciting, theatrical breakaway attempt in SHL history. Costumes? Sure. Wires from the ceiling that help you fly? Why not. Fireworks on your skates? Absolutely! This barely even has to be a hockey moment. As long as you put the puck on net and entertain the fans, you're doing your job. (150+ words)

Grogu has a special breakaway move in which he starts the puck skimming very slowly towards the net. He then skates up right close to the goalie, and delves into his jedi training. Just like when he made the rancor fall asleep in Book of Boba Fett - he does his little magic hand-wavy thing and the opposing goalie has no choice! No matter how hard they fight to stay awake, the power of Grogu's force nap is too strong, and the goalie finds themselves unable to keep their eyes open, and start sliding into a deep slumber. Peaceful and blissfully unaware that the puck is continuing it's slow trajectory towards the net, the goalie goes and lies down and falls into a deep sleep. A few seconds later, the puck crosses the goal line and Grogu gets the goal! Not super fancy, but highly effective! If this move can work on a rampaging rancor hellbent on destroying everyone and everything around it, it can surely work on fat lazy goalies!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies