Create Account

Small Index Bug

The ratings tab on the index doesn't reflect the base stamina changes from this season. Just looking at a couple random players, my own has 1992 TPE applied on my player page and in the player builder but 2009 TPE applied in the index, Luc Blouin has 1924 applied but 1941 in the index, Chimkin Wing has 1778 applied but 1795 in the index, and Luukas Lilja has 1911 applied but 1928 in the index. Don't know how quick of a fix it is but it will keep showing players with more TPE than they actually have otherwise.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Could that be related to FHM sometimes randomly raising player's attributes by 1 and there isn't anything we could do about it? I think we had that in FHM6, but I might be wrong.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

08-03-2022, 01:18 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Could that be related to FHM sometimes randomly raising player's attributes by 1 and there isn't anything we could do about it? I think we had that in FHM6, but I might be wrong.

Yeah, I've run into this 'bug' numerous times myself. Apparently the official explanation is that it's not actually random at all. Though it certainly appears that way. When player attributes inexplicably (and seemingly out of the blue) go up by one, it's because the engine has made a hidden adjustment to the internal scouting. The theory being, that your own scouts previously appraised the player slightly lower than they should have, (human error - not that great at their job), particularly in relation to their ranking according to central scouting. So the numbers you see displayed may not actually be the real numbers. (As they're all filtered through the internal scouting mechanism).

Then suddenly out of nowhere,  your scouts have an epiphany and the engine adjusts the stats accordingly. Now, if you ask me, I wish it wasn't designed like this, but it is. So the best way to try and mitigate this from happening is to increase all scouting abilities to 20/20 in both Ability and Potential. Theoretically, that should stop it from occurring and as far as I know, without having any negative impact on the league's usage of the sim. (i.e. There should still be a level playing field for everyone involved).

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

Its gotta be the stamina adjustment. Every 425 capped player in the J has 442 applied TPE, 17 more than they should.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

It’s from the stamina adjustment and Teddy has been working on the fix. Believe it just needs to be deployed on the server.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2022, 03:01 PM by grok.)

08-03-2022, 05:07 AMjumpSeat Wrote:
08-03-2022, 01:18 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Could that be related to FHM sometimes randomly raising player's attributes by 1 and there isn't anything we could do about it? I think we had that in FHM6, but I might be wrong.

Yeah, I've run into this 'bug' numerous times myself. Apparently the official explanation is that it's not actually random at all. Though it certainly appears that way. When player attributes inexplicably (and seemingly out of the blue) go up by one, it's because the engine has made a hidden adjustment to the internal scouting. The theory being, that your own scouts previously appraised the player slightly lower than they should have, (human error - not that great at their job), particularly in relation to their ranking according to central scouting. So the numbers you see displayed may not actually be the real numbers. (As they're all filtered through the internal scouting mechanism).

Then suddenly out of nowhere,  your scouts have an epiphany and the engine adjusts the stats accordingly. Now, if you ask me, I wish it wasn't designed like this, but it is. So the best way to try and mitigate this from happening is to increase all scouting abilities to 20/20 in both Ability and Potential. Theoretically, that should stop it from occurring and as far as I know, without having any negative impact on the league's usage of the sim. (i.e. There should still be a level playing field for everyone involved).

we correct for scouting changes in the index as much as possible. there actually is a bug with the stamina calculation right now that hasn't been pushed to prod yet.

08-03-2022, 12:11 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: It’s from the stamina adjustment and Teddy has been working on the fix. Believe it just needs to be deployed on the server.
I just deployed it.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]