Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?
Written Task: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S66 SMJHL Rookies (S67 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, August 14th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Hockey is more than just scoring goals. It's about defensive play, it's about playmaking, and it's about helping your team in anyway possible. And scoring of course! Of course lots of people think they deserve to win MVP like I would absolutely love to get an MVP under my belt but I'm far from it this season. 

Heres just a two people I think are in the running for MVP.

1. Malamutes Oles Kobliska  Even though they're not on the Scoring leaders list Oles is a top of the points lists with 69 hehe points and also leads the J in assists with 45! Plus minus at 30 being ranked number 10 currently on the leaders list!  And  13 Power play goals!
  2.   Citadelles Shylo Moxii  Shylo is a top of the Goals category, Now thats not the only thing that matters but I've said this sentence on this forum probably one hundred times, "They dont ask how they ask how many" and Shylo seems to be burying the puck in the net frequently! Can they keep a top of the goal category for the remainder of the season? 

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

At this moment in time, I'm very happy to not be on the awards committee, as choosing the MVP of the J seems like a very difficult decision. There are so many worthy candidates, and no matter how many you shortlist, there'll always be a number of good players left out. So with apologies to those I don't name, and speaking from my rather limited perspective, my best quick evaluation would go as follows...

Rather than go the traditional route of goals, assists and points, just for fun, I'll look at this question from a slightly different perspective. For this evaluation 'Most Valuable' shall be equated to the simple sum of Game Winning Goals (GWG) plus overall Game Rating (GR).

On this somewhat limited basis, the top five are as follows:

[Image: sshot-1.png]

* Sorry if it looks like I rigged this to have my own teammate come out on top, but when I started this, I had no idea how it would turn out. Biggrin

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

Fileworker PT pass.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

PBE affiliate

There are quite a few stand out players this season with each making a case why they should be in the running for MVP consideration. Here are two that I feel deserve the most attention:

1. Oles Kobliska - Normally I wouldn't just look at point totals and cast my vote for the Raymond Lindsay or Sarmad Khan, and even though Kobliska is building quite the lead in points there is more to it. This is a player who is only in their second season and still capped at 350 TPE! Despite the handicap the J throws on players, Kobliska is lighting the league up and has the fewest games played out of any player in the top 5

2. Shylo Moxii - Now I certainly might be biased but I believe Shylo has a real good chance at winning the Ideen Fallah, especially if he can keep up the torrid pace his has been on lately. I like to look at how a player is doing in particular to his teammates and its no question the value Moxii brings to his team. He not only leads the league by an ever widening margin, but also has 18 goals over Sophie Bordeleau who is the next leading scorer for the Citadelles. Moxii is doing all this despite having a first year bum on his line. Quebec City has been on a surge lately and a lot of it is thanks to this mans play.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Shylo Moxii (@Shylo_Moxii) of the Quebec City Citadelles Citadelles, Oles Kobliska (@The__Y-man__100) of the Yukon Malamutes Malamutes, and Shiny Shuckle (@_Blitz_) of the Colorado Raptors Raptors would be my three finalist if the season ended today.

Starting with Moxii, he's put up 38 goals at the time of writing. That is 8 better than the player in second place and almost double the next best goal scorer on his team. He's improved on his career best from last year and is dragging QCC up the standings in his final junior season. Goal scoring alone might not win the trophy, but he's given himself a great case as we head towards playoffs.

Oles Kobliska is leading the SMJHL in assists and points and has most recently played some of his best hockey during the season during the last few games, although his team has started to drop some games from their torrid pace to start the season. Sure, Kobliska might have a bit more firepower on his team in comparison to QCC but that doesn't put a damper on this MVP like season from the centerman. The fact that he's only in his second season in the SMJHL makes his rise even more impressive than people realize. Hopefully we get another two seasons from him in the future.

Finally Shiny Shuckle is the last on our list, and our only goalie. Colorado is second in the SMJHL at the time of writing and it's largely due to the brick wall that Shuckle has thrown up this year. With a 24.73 goals saved above average, that is unbelievably massive. Without his performance Colorado would have dropped many more points and wouldn't be in the mix for first right now. The workhorse for the team, he's played almost every game he could and his stats really speak for themselves. Top three in SAV % is nothing to dismiss either.

If the season ended today we could see one of them win the award, or it could be someone else. That's the best thing about the SMJHL, so much talent to go around and pick from.

Code:
Words: 352

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 03:53 PM by erikvm.)

Right now, currently the only person I'm even considering for this award is Shylo Moxii of the Quebec City Citadelles  Citadelles, although I have no real knowledge of how the awards are given out in the smjhl, based on real life comparables, they are the Auston Matthews of this season. The difference between first and second in goals is nowhere close, and Shylo has enough assists to make it into the top 10 in points. Goals are worth more than assists pretty much anyway you slice it, and Shylo being 8 points behind the leader in total points doesn’t matter nearly enough to make up for what is an insane 8 goal lead over anyone else. 

Honorable Mentions are Oles Kobliska of the Yukon Malamutes  Malamutes for leading the league in points so far and Aleksandr Iskandrov of the Vancouver Whalers  Whalers for the dramatic swing in the standings Vancouver has had this season, and a lot of it is thanks to him.

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

The early favorite for the SMJHL Most Valuable Player (MVP) has to be Shylo Moxii. He is a dominating 8 goals ahead for the next 3 players that are tied for second. There really isn’t anyone close to Shylo Moxii in terms of value to their team. Moxii is 10 points clear of his closest teammate and another 5 points clear of the 2nd highest and is the only player on the team that is above 21 goals. He’s also getting it done from the playmaking side with 23 assists. The only honorable mention that could challenge Moxii for the trophy would be goalie, Toms Zile. He leads the league with 8 shutouts, 3 clear of the next goalie. He also leads the league in Goals Saved Above Average. His 0.906 Save Percentage and 2.80 Goals Against Average may not lead the league, but Zile is getting it done when it matters most and is stealing wins for a middle of the pack team.

[Image: ADOQcvG.png]
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: wu5MVvy.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

My top three, in no order, MVP candidates for this season are:
-OLES KOBLISKA of YUM Malamutes : Leading the league in points at 72, this center has also won 58% of their 812 faceoffs. Followed up by an impressive +/- of 30. Sitting dead even at 35 give/takeaways. Kobliska can handle responsibilities on both sides of the ice.
-JOLMI KOIVU of COL Raptors : This tall and lanky winger hold an impressive 66 points and a +/- of 36. A stable PIMs of 18. Another highlight of this season is nearly all points have come at even strength. Koivu also is not far from the league lead in game winners with 8, only behind another MVP candidate.
-SHYLO MOXII of QCC Citadelles : Sitting as the league leader in goals (38) this center also leads the league in clutch game winning goals at 9. The main thing holding them back is the +/- of 8 which looks rough next to 63 total points. One mark that may separate them from others is a rough 53 giveaways to 39 takeaways this season.  

[Image: 2KXWbXN.png]

There are definitely a lot of options for MVP across the board, especially with quite a few skaters up there in points fighting for the lead in the league. However, looking at the goalies none really stand out too much to be in consideration sadly. Lots of wins for some but not too great of save percentages to make me consider it. So of those skaters the 2 that stand out above the rest to me are Oles Kobliska from Yukon and Aleksandr Iskandrov from Vancouver. Obviously Oles is going to stand out above the rest since he at the current moment of this writing is the points leader in the league. Aleksandr is only 7 point behind and has a few more goals overall to help his case. The big thing for both of these players over some others in the top 5 or so in points is that they're the only ones from their respective teams up there. Maine and Colorado have a ton as the teams 1st lines are killing it but Yukon squeaks one barely into the top 10 and Vancouver has no others for a bit.

191 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

The most valuable player, easily the most coveted player award in any league, as it fully establishes your hard work on countless point tasks to become better than your peers, it's a truly exhilerating feeling, the ultimate trump card. Having won one in the SHL and SMJHL, I can say it's worth the grind. This season I think there are a few good candidates, no clear winner yet, so let's dive in.

#1 | Oles Kobliska- Centre- Yukon Malamutes
Stats: 26 G, 46 A, 72 P, +30, 14 PPG
- Kobliska has been a dominant force for Yukon all season, leading not only Yukon, but the entire league in points. Kobliska also leads the SMJHL in powerplay goals, and rocks a stout 58% win rate in the faceoff circle. Kobliska has all the makings of a top tier centerman in the SHL some day, and his elite play this season is keeping Yukon firmly in the hunt for the 4 star cup.

The other two candidates:

#2 | Shylo Moxii- Centre- Quebec City Citadelles
Stats: 38 G, 25 A, 63 P, +8, 10 PPG

#3 | Outdoor Truck- Right Wing- St. Louis Scarecrows
Stats: 15 G, 49 A, 64 P, +13, 168 Hits

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

Well well well, The time has come for MVP voting and since jacked Bobby Mcginnis dominators like myself (dmen) don't win the MVP voting regardless of how much creatine and TRT is shoot into my neck (purchased from Bobby McGinnis Grizzlies). The player I personally would nominate is: Nino Di Giuseppe!!!

Nino Di Giuseppe, Hes Italian, strong, handsome and only a -4 in 24gp for an absolutely terrible Great Falls team. I was personally shocked and horrified to realize that someone might actually be able to maintain a +/- above -15 on such a terrible team, please for the love of god remove Bobby Mcginnis from the league he is an absolute menace and has more than once gone through my shit, Actually I am about to take matters into my own hands and start german suplexing Bobby Mcginnis on the ice, suspension or not that pencil necked hoser is about to be screaming in pain, and not the good kind of "screams".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: vj4u3El.png]

Right now there are a good number of skaters near the top of the point leaders that could be in contention for MVP. My personal favorite of all the forwards would be Colorado's Evan Winter. At 68 points he's in the scoring race, but more impressive is his all around game. 148 hits and some good defensive numbers tell the story for him. On the defensive side, not to overlook some good defenders, the likely MVP candidates would be Binko Koivu and Seamus O'Slapahan. These two are neck and neck for the scoring lead among dmen, but more impressively, play outstanding defense and have some truly incredible takeaway numbers at 87 and 78, respectively. Not to overlook Colorado's third positional player in the running for MVP, Shiny Shuckle is having an impressive season, but the goalie I'd have in the MVP race is B Jobin, for Vancouver. Vancouver being a team on the rise is having some unexpected quick success after a rebuilding year, in no small part thanks to some incredible goaltending from Jobin.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Oles Kobliska: I think any list without the current top point producer wouldn’t be right. He is currently tied for the lead in the league with 50 assists, and has 27 goals to add to it. He has a 4 point lead on Evan Winter (will be discussed below) and is also 58.4% in the faceoff dot. Perhaps the only thing going against Kobliska is the fact that Yukon has 4 players in the top 10 in points, 3 of which are in the top 4.

Evan Winter: The second highest point producer right now, Winter is on a tear. He is not far behind Kobliska, but the big thing is he doesn’t have as many teammates producing as many points as Yukon does. Colorado still has a lot of high producing forwards, but there is a little bit more of a gap between Winter and his teammates.

Shiny Shuckle: How about some goalie love? Shuckle has one of the highest GP in the league thus far and leads the SMJHL in wins with 35. His overall 35-12-3 record is incredible, and has a 2.62 GAA to add to it. Probably one of the more impressive stats for Shuckle would be his 0.907 SV%. While some may think that’s not that high, he is only 1 of 4 goalies with a SV% above 0.900. Not to mention, all the others with 0.900 or better have played 21 games or less.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]