Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

Just who IS the Most Valuable Player in the minors? At first glance I believed without a shadow of a doubt it was Aksel Fiske, but then she was so good that they banned her from QCC, forcing her onto the Manhattan Rage. So that is a very big shame cause otherwise she is the MVP. Next, I thought my waifu Skoomina Hulk A votto the 2nd was in the running, but alas ...Still no update page which slightly hurts player progression. Aneeq's character (I dont know, Zopf or some shit) wanted a shout out, but alas! He is a bozo. Does this even count at this point as a shoutout? Who knows!

So my MVP is Evan Winters! Oh my goodness! The Colorado Raptors have gotten the Most Valuable Player for the minors this season! He has everything you would want in your MVP.

Stats, great potential for the future, good stats and better stats than other people. Yeah, great job Evan! Hopefully he can continue this performance into the playoffs!

[173 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

This season in the SMJHL has been an exciting look for fans at what the future for the SHL may hold, with plenty of up and coming studs showing incredible scoring prowess and skills with the puck. So far in the season, my personal favorite pick for this season's MVP would have to be Oles Kobliska from the Yukon Malamutes. Currently leading the league in points on an offensively hot Yukon team, Oles has proven himself to be a true, scoring prodigy. With over 50 assists already with just 58 games played, his offensive consistency has made him out to be what is arguably the most important piece of the great Yukon roster, and he will only look to be getting even better over the next couple of seasons that he will have to work in the Juniors before getting called up. Edmonton Blizzard fans have a lot to look forward to, with a player such as Kobliska coming up in the pipeline.

164 werdz

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

There are plenty of great players in the SMJHL this season all vying for the title of Most Valuable Player. Of course you got your top goal scorer Shylo Moxii from QCC going on a scoring tear with their league leading 40 goals. This puts him a way ahead of his next highest scoring teammate by 14 goals. The only downside seems to be his relatively low assist numbers at 28. There’s also a fairly strong argument to be made for Yukon Malamutes center Oles Kobliska with 29 goals and 51 assists putting him atop the league at 80 points. For defensemen we have a close battle with Seamus O’Slapahan leading defensemen with 53 points and second in takeaways with 82. Binko Koivu is very close behind with just 2 less points and is the league leader in takeaways at 90. All that being said a real MVP has to be a player who truly knows how to compete hard and get in their enemies heads. So of course Bojack Calhoun will be winning the Ideen Fallah trophy.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png]  [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

It's a shame for MVP all everyone really looks at are the big point guys and the goalies never seem to get any love. I believe that even players on bad teams can have someone who is literally carrying their team. In this case my vote would go to Toms Zile of the Detroit Falcons. At 21-26-5 you may wonder how he could be MVP? Well obviously the team has a losing record. Zile is 2nd in the league in goals saved above average. He's 3rd in total number of saves and 4th in save percent. But the big key is he has 8 shutouts. Over 1/3 of his wins have been shutouts. That and the fact that he makes a ton of saves above average means he's standing on his head for a bad team and literally almost has to shut out the other guys for his team to win. To me this is what the MVP should be about.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

There is one clear cut MVP this season for the SMJHL. They aren't on the Kelowna Knights, so we don't give a fuck about them. Now, on the Kelowna Knights there is only one clear MVP for the team. That person is Mito Chondria, self proclaimed powerhouse of the SMJHL. He shoots, he skates, he scores, he hits, he takes penalties, he steals the puck, and he takes quick shifts. He's a fucking stud, the fans love him, the team loves him, and you mom loves him. He creates momentum, he creates energy, he is a fucking powerhouse. I mean just look at his fucking legs, like fucking tree trunks. That's not the only fucking thing that's the size of a tree trunk, either. On the ice he sounds like a rhinoceros running. He's loud, he's fast, and he'll whoop your fucking ass. Mito Chondria is the MVP of Kelowna, and next season he'll be the MVP of the SMJHL, and then the season after that the MVP of the fucking SHL.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 12:55 AM by vbottas17. Edited 1 time in total.)

Evan Winter, Raptors

This shouldn't be a surprise to anybody, Winter is a veteran of the league now and comes from a very prestigious background. Winter is lighting up the scoring sheet and has proven to be one of the most dangerous offensive players in the SMJHL. Winter has spearheaded a dangerous Colorado Raptors attack, with 34 goals and 82 points on the season at the time of this writing. It's no surprise that the Raptors are among the leagues best teams with Winter leading the charge.

Seamus O'Slapahan Battleborn

A huge reason that the Battleborn sit at the top of the leagues standings has been the teams incredible defensive play from O'Slapahan & Chad Nickelback. (Among other standout performances)
O'Slapahan leads all defenseman with 57 points on the season so far, providing much needed support from the blueline for Nevadas 5 player attack. Seamus has been very strong defensively as well registering an incredible +48 plus/minus. Providing solid defense is extremely important with a pair of young centers, Paul Peterson & Alexi Piastri on the teams top 2 lines. O'Slapahan gives the team confidence to let these two young centers learn on the fly.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

The two front runners this season seem to be Shylo Moxii from Quebec and Oles Kobliska from Yukon. Both are leaders in goals and assists respectively, but Oles also leads in total points so they can definitely score as well. These two will likely get a lot of attention from the rest of the league as they are leaders in their respective areas. However, I'd like to offer up a third option. Just below Oles in the points race is Evan Winter, forward from Colorado, who has produced almost an even number of goals and assists. Whats almost more impressive is the six shorthanded goals Evan has accumulated this season. If the MVP is supposed to go to a standout player who has a significant impact on the game I feel like these six goals speak volumes. These six shorties would have either shifted the tide of some of these games or acted as a final nail in the coffin. Either way they should not be underestimated.

I think for me, which agrees with everyone else. Oles Kobliska is definitely the front runner for MVP. Being the league leader in points for a top 3 three team definitely goes a long way. While he is 11 goals off of the goal lead. He does lead the league in assists to go along with his lead league in points. He is definitely a factor as to why YUM is on top.

The other competitor that he has who could still catch him is Evan Winter. Winter is a little more balanced between goal scoring and assists where is a top goal scorer in the league tied for 7th with 34 goals and third in assists with 48. So while he doesn't get as many assists, he still helps by putting the puck in the net, even if it is him doing it. With a bunch of games left to go, I expect to see their leads flip flop a lot bunch.

My dark horse would be Shiny Shuckle because goalies need love too

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

I'll preface with the obligatory fact that i am not a member of the J Awards Committee and, as such, may have a different criteria for MVP. That being said. Lets take a look at my top 3.

Evan Winter Raptors Evan has a tendency to freeze out his opposition whenever he is on the ice. His 82 points are currently 2nd overall but only by 1. His advanced stats are a little on the soft side. Fenwick of .9 and Corsi of...0 like dead even. I am no analytics nerd, but to me this says he is able to do all this without controlling the play more than average. His 154 hits show that he does all of this playing a complete game. Finally, while not a centerman, Winter here has a 53.4% Win rate in the dot in his 118 faceoffs. Mans makes the most of it when needed.

Oles Kobliska Malamutes Oles is your points leader with 83 points. His Fenwick and Corsi are both sitting at 4.6%, showing that Yukon definitely has control of the game more often because of him. His 87 hits show that he isn't the most physical player per say, though that number may be deflated simply by how much more often he and his team mates have the puck. As a center, you expect good faceoffs and Oles delivers a 58.3% Win rate With over 550 wins in the dot. Game 7 overtime, i want him in it.

Aleksandr Iskandrov Whalers Is my last but not least candidate. He is the only other to top 80 points at 80. Fenwick is sitting at 2.1% and Corsi at 1.9%. Positives to be sure. Landing just shy of 100 hits at 97, mans is another complete player and i like the numbers. Also boasting a 52.3% Win rate at Faceoffs and over 580 wins. The wins are important as the more chances you take in the dot, the closer to about 50% you are likely to be and getting that close to 600 wins is no small feat.

Where i would put them in a ranked ballot is hard to say. I like them all and there is still a little more left to be played.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Oles Kobliska - Kobliska is the easy 1st choice for MVP as he currently leads the league in points with 32 goals, 54 assists for 86 points. He also carries an impressive +38. He also has a face-off percentage of 58.6% which is good to be sitting in the top 10. Yukon sit 3rd in the league with a record of 44-18-2 and Kobliska is a huge part of that success.

Shiny Shuckle - Shuckle sits 1st in wins for goalies with 39 wins, 1st for save percentage at .907%, and 4th in goals against average. He only has 3 shutouts all season which makes his stats even more impressive. It shows he's been consistent all season and someone Colorado has been able to rely on without a doubt.

Iam Downski - Downski is having a tremendous season. He currently has 38 goals, 40 assists, for 78 points. This places him 2nd for goals and 6th for points. The reason he gets a nomination for me is because he isn't on a jacked team like the other guys. He is the key piece and the main reason Maine are sniffing the playoffs and competing for 1st in their division.

Falcons Canada

I can only name the one most valuable player in the league that is closest to me. I have seen them work hard day-in-day-out in order to help improve my team as much as possible in one season. Aleksandr Iskandrov may not be leading the league in points outright, or goals, but he is solidly the most VALUABLE to his team, with him being a HUGE reason why Vancouver has become a contending team in 1 short season from being near the bottom. Yes there are a lot of improvements through the whole team, but his individual contributions are what really is helping the team move to the top of the league standings, and to me that fits the award perfectly. Aleksandr Iskandrov does it all, and he is also a great mentor to myself playing in the same position. Where Meta Knight can be the best defensive support player I can be this season down the middle, Aleksandr is the core of our offensive momentum leading the team down the middle at 5 on 5 and on the powerplay, he is the key.

I think the two obvious players that are in the running for MVP in the SMJHL are Oles Kobliska and Reed Kobo. These Yukon teammates are ranked one and two in total points, Kobliska is the leading the league in assists but Kobo is the better scorer so I'd give the edge to him if the season ended today. The best goalie throughout the season has been Shiny Shuckle, he leads the league in wins and is third in save percentage. He's also first in goals saved above averaged by 13! I'm not sure how often goalies win MVP but there is an argument that he is the most valuable player on his team. My personal dark horse for MVP this year is Benjamin Devito. While his stats may not stand out at all, he's first in the league in the only stat that matters, fights won. Leading the league with three fights won Devito has established himself as the best fighter, and doesn't that make him the most valuable?

This league clearly needs a major change as the players that should win the MVP should always be goalies as ya know we are the ones who win or lose the games in the end just saying.

B.Jobin looks like a great candidate carrying his team to a fantastic 41 wins for sure not something to shake a stick at.
Shiny Shuckle just a game behind keeping the record close at 40 wins perhaps a better OA score as far as goalies go.

Valérian Sauveterre however sports quite a heafty GAA not to mention an absolutly oppresive .908 Sav% Caleb Hayden a mere 1 point behind rocking a Sav% .907.

if you really wanted to stretch for a third in terms of a special situation the very best of goalies in some eyes may be Toms Zile with a amazing 8 shutouts trumping even Justin time who has had quite the run this season i must say.

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

I think when you look at who the MVP is for the season, there's only one player that should come to everyone's minds and that's Brennan Kennedy III. The 3rd of his lineage came out in his Rookie season and put up 40 points, 25 of which were goals in his first outing of the league. Doing that on a basement dwelling team is that much more impressive. He took the league by storm and if you ignore the stats of all the players in front of him, he is the highest scoring skater this season. He's got it all, a shot that can kill, Positioning that is out of this world, skating that has professional skaters salivating, not to mention how humble he is. When the committee comes together and decides for MVP this season, it will be an absolute travesty if BK3 doesn't come home with the award.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]