Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP

The MVP votes always are controversial. Do you take the person that had the best numbers? Do you take the person who has done the most for their team? Sometimes you'll take the obvious front runner for points (mainly goals). If we were to go on that premise, Shylo Moxii would win by a landslide. He is currently 8 goals ahead of any other player this season. I think you could also consider position to be a factor as well. Seamus O'Slapahan is a defenseman who currently has 61 points this season leading the defense in points. Personally seeing a goalie win would be a lot of fun. This award is extremely rare for a goalie to win. I think if someone had some good odds to bet on I would take Shiny Shuckle. Second in wins, First in Goals saved above average. Third in save percentage, this keeper has been the rock for their team this year. (Toms Zile deserved better, probably the best goalie).

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Points are cool and all, but you know what's cooler? goals. And this morning when I sorted by goals, i found the league MVP. Mostly because of the goals. Shylo Moxii is near 50 goals on the season, an impressive feat on its own. But whats more impressive is how no one in QCC is even close to that tally. Most of the time, you look at the league leaders, you see a few teams represented 3 times or so. The whalers top line represented in points, the yukon doggies represented 4 times, colorado and newfs represented a few times. But QCC? One lone player. If that doesnt make a player more inherently valuable than I dont know what does. Shylo not only is scoring nearly 50 times in a season, but is seemingly doing it without any help. The next player down is 11 points behind, another center, conceivably on the 2nd line. So not even helping shylo. If the "Lines" tab is to believed, shylo's linemates are Ace (37 pts) and Clair (43). Shylo's success is of course due to a very strong power play. It's clear that their top 5 in PP time are basically the only people getting pp time (i love pp time), over 2 minutes a piece with under 40 seconds for everyone else. So there's a faux line out there helping shylo, but shylo still has the bulk of his goals at even strength with 34.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I guess when we look at MVP we have to look at the different leaders and how they did it. The one that sticks out like a sore thumb is definitely Shylo Moxii with 48 goals, 8 more than the next guy in line. And he did that all without one of his teammates being in the top 10 for assists. The only player that is in the assist category from the Citadelle is a defenseman and hes still only ranked 8th in assists.
When looking at other players though, it makes it very tough to choose one. There is Shiny Shuckle and B Jobin who are fighting for being better than one another in every category. That goaltender MVP race is super tight and I am excited to see which one of those two win the best goaltender award, unfortunately I do not know if they would be in the running for the league MVP running.
The other player that sticks out, not because of his unique name, but just because he is pretty much at the top of every category in the defenseman leaders, is Seamus O'Slapahan. With being in the top for Assists and Points, 6th in defensive goals and also 2nd in plus minus, ranking up 197 shots for 2nd aswell, and also having top 10 numbers for hits, he makes a serious case for being the best defenseman in the league and maybe even the MVP for all.

The question becomes, what will the other individuals decide? There are several names who all have cases for the famous award.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

The MVP award is always one of the tricker awards to hand out. Do you reward high scoring players on good teams, or are star players on bad teams inherently “more valuable” to that team? It’s a hard award to handle, but I’ll give you my two cents on the matter based on 3 categories:

The Scorers:
Sniper  Citadelles Shylo Moxii is one of the clear choices in this category, leading the league with an impressive 48 goals while also finishing 7th in points. Whalers Aleksandr Iskandrov and  Malamutes Oles Kobliska tied to lead the league with 88 points, both finishing north of 50 assists. All three players mentioned here were big offensive drivers, and all have a strong case for the MVP.

The 2-Ways
This category is reserved for players who may not have the highest point totals, but who also went above and beyond in their defensive duties. Scarecrows Outdoor Truck is a great example of this, leading the league in assists and finishing second in hits. They only scored 18 goals, but their playmaking ability and physical play should put them in contention. Other candidates here include Battleborn Seamus O’Slapahan who led all defensemen in points, and finished with a solid 133 hits. Whalers Mirsoslav Ketil didn’t quite put up the same points totals as O’Slapahan but led all defenseman with 175 hits. These 3 players may not be as flashy as the those in the first category, but each has other strengths.

The walls
This category I reserve for elite defensive players who provide little to no offense but who lock up the opposing team in a way that exceeds expectations. I also include goalies in this category, and our first player is just that. Goalie Raptors Shiny Shuckle is a big one in this category, finishing first in the league with a whopping 38.16 Goals Saved Above Average, and the 3rd best save percentage in the league at .906%. Shuckle is the only player in this category who I think has a shot of winning MVP.

All that said, my vote is for Outdoor Truck. They’re a force on both ends of the ice, and although maybe not the flashiest player on the list I think their contributions on both ends make them the most valuable player.

I think we will have a race between 3 forward this season for the most valuable player of the simulated major junior hockey league. We will first see Aleksandr Iskandrov from the Vancouver Whalers being nominated, as the highest point total of the league with 88. However, he's tied with Oles Kobliska, where the main difference is that Kobliska is more of a playmaker, with 55 assists while Iskandrov only has 51. However, it's quite a small difference between the two where it will be difficult to decide who should get the nod. It will more than likely go by the advanced stats. The top Trio would be completed by Shylo Moxii, due to the goal scoring ability of this player. While Moxii have 6 points less than the leaders, he does have 8 goals more than the 2nd best goal scorer of the league, with 48 total for the quebec forward. I'd give a nod to defenseman Seamus O'Slapahan and goalie Valerian Sauveterre.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

[Image: kLdfopR.jpg]

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

[Image: AUONwDM.jpg]

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

PBE - https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=488674

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 11:28 PM by bbjygm. Edited 1 time in total.)

Oles Kobliska: tied for top points out of everyone in the SMJHL, this Malamute center eeks out the top player spot with just barely more +/- than the next player. They're also just 1 assist away from getting top assist in the league.

Aleksandr Iskandrov: tied for top player spot with Oles, Aleksandr is also a center but for the Whalers.

Shylo Moxii: the Quebec center is the top goal scorer of the league by a large margin, ahead of the second highest by 20%. Shylo undoubtedly was a major contributor to the Citadels' success in the standings.

Hodor: probably the most lovable player. This is absolutely an unbiased addition, he's definitely not my player.

Holden Steady: this hockey lover leads the league in games played. I suspect his trade to Regina was requested purely to play more games.

Benjamin Devito: this Maine defenseman has won the most fights of anyone. Their abysmal face off record of 31.3% may be a contributing factor...

Foxy: this player deserves MVP for being the most successful slacker. They played the entire season with the lowest average time on ice as anyone in the entire league. You can't say they didn't try. You could, but not really... but maybe. They certainly made it hard to argue for one side or the other.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

PBE Affiliate

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

PBE affiliate
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 11:59 PM by diacope. Edited 1 time in total.)

My MVP would have to be Evan Winter. Not only does he carry his weight on the offensive side scoring 36 total times to be at the top of the leaderboard in that regard, he also has put in work with assists accumulating 49 of them and just like scoring he sits in the group with the leagues best play making forwards. Looking a little deeper into his stats I see a huge upside in the plus and minus department which has only helped boost his team and teammates around him to be even better in any zone of the rink. Definitely has undeniable MVP qualities.

My runner up would have to be the leader himself Oles Kobliska because he also has dominating numbers but being part of a team with so many skills it's hard to say the work isn't being shared, props to him for being on ever play though and having the second most assists!

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

There are quite a few contenders for The Ideen Fallah Trophy representing the league's most valuable player. Oles Kobliska has to the favorite as he finished with a league leading 88 points. Kobliska's best asset is generating offense. His goals for per 60 minutes was 4 which was good for top 20 in the league. His dynamic offense game also helps Malmutes keep the puck out of their own net. Kobliska had a goals against per 60 of 1.9, which was tied for 13th. Shiny Shuckle also has to be in consideration. Shuckle was a force in net for the Colorado Raptors, leading his team to 40 wins. This good for second amongst all goalies. The most impressive stat for Shuckle was his Goals Saved Above Average of 38.16. This was not only a league leading stat but also a league dominating stat. Shuckle led all other goaltenders by 10pts. .He also had a 906 Save percentage which is good for 3rd amongst all goalies.The Raptors finished second in the league and Shuckle was a huge part of their success. As for other dominating offense generators, Shylo Moxii puts the puck in the net better than anyone else in the league. Moxii led the league in goals with 48. This was eight more than any other player in the league. Moxii was also top seven in points with 82. There was no other Citadelles in the top ten as Moxii led them by over 10 points. Without Moxii, the Citadelles may not have been the top team in the Pacific conference. As for others, Seamus O'Slapahan has a ridiculous number of assists, points, and takeaways for the Battleborn. Winters for Colorado also has to be in consideration as their all-around play is hard to beat, being top 3 in points, top 8 in goals, and a league leading 6 short-handed goals.