Create Account

S66 DFA Bounties #1 - The Past

Hello new players!

From the Trade Deadline to the posting of the first task completable for TPE, whether that be the Interested Prospects Threads, Early Bird PT, Mock Draft, etc., DFAs will be able to complete weekly DFA Bounties. These Bounties will function practically identically to PTs, but with money instead of TPE, and will be posted in this part of the forums. By writing 250 words or completing a graphic for a certain prompt, DFAs will earn $500,000 for their bank accounts, with a cap of 4 completed bounties ($2,000,000).

Since the trade deadline was last Monday, I am pleased to bring you the first S66 DFA Bounty:
Written Task: Only the best of the best make it into the SMJHL. Junior players from all over the world come to this league in the hopes of being drafted, becoming a successful SMJHL player and continuing that success in the SHL. But we all have a history too. What is your history? Where did you play? How did you do? How did your career look so far, and what aspects of your player in their pre-SMJHL career is going to make your player succeed? (250 word min.)

Graphic Task: Pictures say more than a thousand words. Show us a pic of the young you, playing hockey. Include your player name and a render of your younger self, and at least one statline.

Reward: $500,000

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S67 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S68) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, JAugust 14th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

The history of John Brown is one that many people might have questions about. After all, how did a radical abolitionist from Civil War era American History come to be a hockey player in the year..2033? Is that where we're at currently? Frankly, the past of John Brown as a player arises from originally way back when the prior Simulation Major Junior Hockey League Commissioner, BadWolf herself, was originally thinking of her new recreate. Back then, it was clear that BadWolf would need a relatively new player after how long Mika Mayfield (Spelling might be questionable) needed a new player. Back then, this raised a question for myself as to what I would do when I myself needed a new player. Although Joseph Weston was still holding strong for myself back then, I still would most likely need a new player when Weston kicked the bucket. This made me think about what was important for me, and after much deliberation, I thought of one of the few American heroes that I felt strongest about. John Brown was a hero who fought for abolition causes and believed in the destruction of slavery. As the modern day faces the evil and disgusting heads of neo-confederate views attempting to implant themselves as normal beliefs, I felt it was necessary to uphold the fervent abolitionist beliefs I've long held, to show that my player is ready to defend freedom and the goalie as necessary. I knew I wanted a defender after seeing how necessary they were amongst common trends with the most recent draft classes, and after much belief in the cause of abolishing slavery, I felt there to be no better role model than John Brown.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 01:24 AM by MrPrime. Edited 2 times in total.)

The son of Season 39's Challenge Cup Champion Sebastien, Bastien had the opportunity to fill his father's shoes by being a goalie but like his brother Jake, he was a natural as a forward which.

Bastien Primeau played his Triple A hockey in Montréal where he was under the banner of Longueuil Collège Français where he quickly developed his skills as a sniper, loving to score and having a knack for it. He was then selected by the Québec Rampart in the QMJHL where he played a few seasons, perfecting his offensive skills and working on his weaknesses. He was recently signed as a Draftable Free Agent with the Detroit Falcons, the team his father played his junior years with, for the last three games of the season where he had an assist despite a losing effort against Anchorage on February 25th. Not knowing where he would get drafted, young Bastien wanted to at least play a few games in the team his father brought to two Four Star Cup finals back in Season 38 and 40. Bastien believes his offensive abilities, his ability to position himself efficiently, and his skills at reading the play as it develops will be key to his success adding to it a little bit of physicality as he enjoys throwing the body from time to time.

Young Bastien hopes to be drafted by the Falcons in the upcoming draft to help the team through their rebuild phase and also try to add a bit more history to the Primeau name with the Season 65 Star Cup Champions. If not he would love to play for the Citadels although he will give his all to any team that will select him in the upcoming draft.

290 words

From a young age, hockey has always been a deeply rooted passion of mine.  Growing up close to the city of Pittsburgh without a local SHL or SMJHL team to cheer on, hockey was always a strong interest of mine, but one that was far from attainable.  I loved watching highly skilled players in the SHL from around the globe and the fast-paced nature of hockey really stuck out to me and energized me.  As a youngster, I didn't get a chance to learn how to skate at a young age and I was only able to play deck hockey within my local community.  Travel sports were out of the question given a multitude of factors, so I really started out behind the eight ball so to speak.  As a multi-sport athlete, I was able to develop my athleticism by excelling in a number of different sports.  Alongside hockey, baseball was my other strong passion, and I was very dedicated to it from a young age.  Consequently, I primarily became a dual sport athlete after I finally was convinced to learn to skate and try out ice hockey.  Around the age of 10, I was able to sign up for a local hockey program and began taking skating lessons.  At first, it was really difficult, as I was clearly behind many others just from the lack of skating ability.  Since I was thrown into the fire, I was forced to quickly make adjustments to the game.  Using my size, strength, and athleticism, I was able to hold my own while my skills slowly began to develop.  Collectively, this desire to make adjustments and continuously improve my game has spurred me on as I have developed into a legitimate hockey player.  Hard work has gotten me to where I am, and I believe that moving forward, my effort level off the ice and at both ends of the rink, along with my natural gifts will allow me to contribute to a successful organization in the SMJHL.

335 words

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

I grew up in Australia. Not a lot of hockey down there, but I stumbled across a game one night when I couldn't sleep. I was captured by the smooth flow of the players passing the puck up and down the ice and the speed. When my parents moved the family to England before I started secondary school, I was lucky enough to live near a youth ice hockey team. I tried out as soon as I was able to and managed to make the team as the backup keeper. I've always been a bigger kid, so I figured that I would be best in goal. I take up more of the net! Shortly before the season started, our number 1 went down with an injury, broke his leg in a car accident. I stepped up and we did pretty well, managed to win our fair share of games. I even pitched a few shutouts, but ultimately we didn't win the title. I went into the next year as the number 1. We did better, as I had more experience and I was able to do better, this time we were real title contenders, but still did not get there. Finally, after 2 years of being close, but not getting there, I was able to help lead the team to the title. I began to get people coming to watch me at games. I played some junior hockey while still in England when I was contacted about coming across the pond and joining the SHL and SMJHL. I saved up a bit and caught myself a plane over the Atlantic and officially started my journey to play fully professional hockey.

Code:
280 words

From a young age I have always been fascinated with hockey. I got my first pair of skates at 18 months old and started on my first hockey team at two years old. I grew up playing travel hockey in Latvia and then my parents and I moved to the U.S. where I lived in Illinois and played triple A hockey for the Chicago Mission. During my time with the Mission I lead the league in scoring for three years and was top 5 in points and goals every year. While with the Mission I was able to play in the playoffs multiple times and learned what it takes to be on a successful, competitive, winning team and I am hoping to bring that to whichever team drafts me in the upcoming season of the SMJHL. While playing at the triple A level I was able to perfect my craft as a goal scorer and a skater as well as a leader as I was named a captain in my last two seasons with the Mission. I feel that my skating and shooting abilities along with my hockey IQ will allow me to be a dominant player for years to come. Coming into the SMJHL I was able to sign as a DFA to the Kelowna Knights and was able to get a taste of what the SMJHL is like prior to the draft. Although in nine games I was only able to get two assists it was a fantastic learning experience to understand the style and pace of play in the SMJHL to know what I will need to work on this offseason prior to the draft. As far as the upcoming draft I have no preferences to where I get drafted. I just want to go to a team that wants me as a player and where I am able to show off my talents and hopefully lead my team to a championship.