Create Account

S66 PT #4: Just Wanna Have Fun

P1

Jaska Seppala of the Buffalo Stampede is all about having fun on the ice with his teammates of the Buffalo Stampede because Jaska Seppala sees it as a good team bonding experience and will make the team play better. One game that Jaska Seppala introduced to the Buffalo Stampede is duck duck goose on the ice. It works really well on the ice as there is a good chance when someone gets goosed they will get up super quickly and generally fall hard onto the ice because it is difficult to get up off the ice. We all have a good time playing that game.

Jaska seppala also introduced a drill for the team that the Buffalo Stampede seem to really enjoy. It is called check the baby. The team puts out a bunch of baby dolls all over the ice and it is the players goal to check as many of the babies as possible before time runs out. We all have a great time playing that

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Creative Prompt

The team has spent a lot of their free time looking at trick shot videos around the internet so for the last 20 minutes of practice, the team has set up an internal tournament where the players attempt different types of trick shots. The players try to attempt a lacrosse goal (otherwise known as the Michigan) both from a stationary position behind the net and with speed coming in from the corners. They also attempt to Zorro-deke the defense from the blue line, which means they try and keep the puck on the stick while stickhandling from side to side in the air. The third trick shot is trying to hit the crossbar from different distances from the goal, the hashmarks, the blue line, the red line, the opposite blue line and finally the goal line on the entire other end of the ice. The last couple of distances usually are the ones that takes the longest time so each player is only given one attempt for each practice.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

PBE Affiliation

If Hamilton knows one thing in this game, its how to have fun. Some have called us the funnest men in league history, why is that? Because we know how to get down and boogie. Hamilton is going to have a super special big time blowout dance party after practice! All of the guys will be doing their favorite dance moves, like the worm, the dance, the salsa, or any other moves we can dream up. There will also be some food for us to have after practice, maybe some good food that we like to eat when we're tired. Burgers or something to that effect, maybe some pizza also. Gooney loves pizza, nour loves fries from this place in onatrio, I love foie gras. We all eat good foods. Hallsy loves costco food and butter chicken. Just so many options for the hamilton boys to eat and dance after their long practice. Others can come and eat and drink and dance our food. Please come and have a blast with the bird boys.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Dwayne likes to watch old videos of himself playing hockey as a child. It reminds him of why he fell in love with the game. As a young lad, Dwayne's mother would fill the bathtub with crushed ice, strap skates onto him, and literally push him around the tub. In Dwayne's hometown, everyone played hockey, but not everyone enjoyed it. But like a fish to water, Gretzky learned to excel at the game. With his talent came his enjoyment of the sport. He wasn't just going through the motions like many of the other kids. Dwayne was determined to be great. So, when he watches these videos, he reminisces about all of the hard work and dedication he put into the sport of hockey. He is so worried about taking it for granted that he likes to watch those old clips as a constant reminder of why he still puts his body through the torture on a daily basis. He is an amazing ambassador for this wonderful sport.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

PBE Affiliation

The most fun set of practices that the Citadelles go through is something akin to a private skills competition. It's usually on slower days, but the team will break up into groups and run through time trial racing drills, accuracy drills, as well as shootouts with an emphasis on style and fancy stickwork over pure success -- no just skating down and taking a wrist-shot here. It isn't the most effective way to practice for the game as it all amounts to what is, in effect, glorified showboating. But, it does have a bit of a psychological use for the team: by letting the best players show off, they set a standard for other players to try to ascend to. It's friendly competition with an emphasis on getting players to try new things and see their own progression by keeping records for players to look back on. When your time was a little lacking at the start of training camp, and then midway through the season you've improved by a full two seconds, it can be an encouraging milestone.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

Player Prompt

Being a hockey player can lead to getting caught up in the game and not remembering why you started playing in the first place. The one thing that always grounds me is fan interactions and volunteering! Being able to go out to a school, volunteer and help the kids learn the sport of hockey. Seeing people learn the game for the first time is truly an inspiring and humbling experience. Another activity that grounds me is volunteering at the children's hospital, these kids truly appreciate the game they get to watch and the players on the ice are their super hero's. If we can take time out of our days to bring joy to their day I believe it is the very least we can do as professionals. Sometimes these kids will give us drawings or pendants to take home as a gift, I have many of these items in my locker at the rink which I get to use as motivation for every game! 160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

PBE PT

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

After a super hard, long practice Bnana NWaffles would suggest to his teammates to get some water and just sit and relax on the ice. Kept hydrated and just think, just like when your in the shower and you do your best thinking kind of thinking. Kind of a meditation session and to really clear the mind. Of course those that don't feel like don't have to, but it is encouraged as a team bounding exercise. After the meditation session, a nice good stretching session to make sure that no one goes hurt after the hard session of drills and skating. After the stretching session, Bnana NWaffles will suggest to play either mini goal hockey or something like sharks in minnows or elephant tag. Of course not everyone has to participate but then players will hit the showers and go out for a drink and/or dinner as a team, family invited as well and always a nice restaurant, so that this body receives all the hard work and stress but on it easier lol.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

creative prompt

As a team, the Regina Elk as a whole agree that a very important trait for a player to have is injury resistance. If a player is injured, they could potentially miss many games, and perform at a lower level when they get back - and if the injury is bad, they may never regain their previous form. Ankles are an especially important body part in hockey - the ankle is crucial for a player's ability to skate properly, and ankle injuries can potentially permanently nerf a player's skating abilities (just look at Erik Karlsson). To help mitigate this as much as possible, the players came up with a great game to train their ankles to become more injury resistant - "whack the ankle". It's simple - the players skate around, trying to whack each other's ankles with their sticks as hard as possible, the winner is the last one standing. Literally, the winner is the last one who can still stand. We keep some wooden sticks around just for this reason, they elevate the game to a higher level - the carbon fiber ones that we get slashed with in actual games feel like foam noodles in comparison. I mean, it clearly works too, since we haven't had a single ankle injury since we started doing this (ignore the fact that we didn't have any before, either)

CREATIVE PROMPT

Slip McScruff's favorite on-ice drill is helping the arena crew swap out the hockey setup for a concert or basketball game.  He was first convinced by the crew that it was an on-ice activity because it literally happens on the ice but he eventually got invested in it for the workout.  Now, he's part of the union and sometimes has to bail on road games to help convert the home arena.

One time, he actually got roped into helping a road crew because they were understaffed and had a huge all-day stadium show the next day.  He came off the ice after scoring 0 goals in 18 minutes of ice time and changed into his work boots to start hauling flooring segments.  Turns out, the home crew has been pranking him because this road crew has actual heavy machinery to haul the pieces into place.  Honestly, that wasn't quite as good of a work out, so they are clearly missing out.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

creative prawmpt
well you see since i am a five point one year long veteran of the united states coast gaurd i am well versed in the special forces training modules and am always injecting some of my raw talent into teaching my team how to step up and not back down first we start with learning how to drive a boat because common sense in the state of florida indicates that in order to master the elements we must become one with the elements and in order to be a great player on the ice you must be a great player on the water because water when frozen turns into ice but ice is really hard to come by in florida so we just use water so first we get in the water in our full hockey gear and try and juggle the puck before it sinks to the bottom of daves locker then once we are back on the ice your super water skills will easily translate in the frozen arena good luck

My player absolutely loved their time in Quebec City as a member of the Citadelles. If their career ended tomorrow there is no doubt they would be applying for a job with that franchise to give back after getting so much love on the way to the show. To that end, my player incorporates the QCC logo into some of their gear in some way. For example, the back of their tag on their Edmonton jersey has the QCC logo on it for luck. Their stick has a QCC owl head on the top of the stick and so on. It reminds him of where he has come from and all of the people that have helped him to be better or something like that. In reality, being a member of Quebec City was one of the most enjoyable moments of my career here in the league and I am taking part of this time to just say, Hoot Hoot to my friends Smile

Written Task: What are some on-ice games or drills that your team likes to run for fun? (Don't just say scrimmage please) Does it have any practical applications to a game, or is it purely to blow off some steam? Where did the game come from? Who's the best on your team at it? Who's the worst? (150+ words)

There is a lot of drills that the New England Wolfpack like to do for fun, mostly because they do not bring much to the regular season games but it is very entertaining and distracting and it let's player cool down between games and reset their mentals to be ready for the next game (very important when you are not on a team that wins a lot of games, you can get easily discouraged and not want to give your 100 percent every game) . The Wolfpack likes to do this drill where they start a massive brawl and shut the lights of the arena. Very important in today's game to be able to fight for yourself, so having all the players friendly fight each other without being able to see who they are fighting is very useful. After that, usually they will light up a blunt (this drill was first discovered by Towelie) and they just play high. It helps you play under weird situation where you do not have total control of yourself.

174 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]