Create Account

S66 PT #4: Just Wanna Have Fun

WSBL: https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/ind...entry41691

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Patches wears a red collar around his neck that was a long time memory that was handed down from his great grandfather, the bone on end is a replica of a tiny treat that used to be his favourite when he was looking for a snack, as I look back in my past and start to think about all the different times I’ve made either a great offensive or defensive play I remember giving my chain a cleaning the day of the game, some think it’s just great timing but I think this chain is more then just a life long gift in the family, as I started to realize I was playing better when I used to have a clean chain I grew more superstitious about it and now it is a must do thing on a game day, I’ve started to notice my overall play is getting better and really improving my self and the others around me!

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]

Creative Prompt -
This is a game my dad, as a coach, would sometimes play at the end of practices. He had some hockey socks bundled up and tied off, and would pick a couple of players to be "it". Those players would skate around, swinging the socks to try and get people out. The last one left was the winner. I never did particularly well as a goalie and not being all that fast, but it was a really fun drill. At the SHL level, the quality of players really brings this game up a notch. Players are bobbing and weaving and juking, they look more like running backs than they do hockey players. Practically, the fun drill helps players work on quick turns, avoiding contact, and sharp thinking. Mads McBride seemed to be the best at this drill, winning a couple times and just brutalizing the team when he had the sock in hand. It was a tossup between myself and Vertigo for worst, but hey, you can't expect much from the hunkering goalies. The team had fun, and is in terrific spirits heading into the playoffs. Go Pats!

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

What are some on-ice games or drills that your team likes to run for fun? (Don't just say scrimmage please) Does it have any practical applications to a game, or is it purely to blow off some steam? Where did the game come from? Who's the best on your team at it? Who's the worst? (150+ words)

The regular season has finally come to an end, which means the first practice of the playoffs has arrived. It was a tough, rugged, and mean practice, but it was well worth it. The coaches gave us the last 20 minutes to cool don and do whatever we wanted to finish it off. Some of the players worked on shooting, others on their passing. I always end up finding myself working on defensive skills hoping to be the difference between winning and losing. A few of us worked on trick plays and special skills. We all decided to put the pucks and sticks away and spend the last 10 minutes playing dodgeball on the ice. It was a great way to cap off a hard session of drills by the coaches and pulled the entire team closer together as we set our sights towards the end goal of a Championship. Hopefully we have more practices like this in the future.

For me, it's all about family. That's who first got me started in hockey and I try to remember them every time I go out on the ice. I wear a bracelet with the initials of my parents and immediate family for every game and just remind myself that this is a wonderful opportunity that I have to play this sport that I love so much. Yes, it's stressful and high stakes, but I cannot forget about the thing that first drew me into hockey in the first place - the fun! My dad always said to never forget that, no matter how tough the times get and that's something I really took to heart. Especially when things are going bad for us as a team and I sometimes get down, I immediately think of my family and it raises my spirits. I'm so fortunate to play this incredible game and it's an opportunity that very few other people have. It's certainly not always rainbows and unicorns, but at the end of the day this game is supposed to be fun and I cannot let myself get caught up in the stress and not think about that.

196 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

When you grow up a part of a legendary family of the SHL, you learn that ultimately there is only so much you can do to keep the spark alive. At some point, the spark dies and what keeps you going is your eternal hatred for everyone else you see.

That hatred burns pretty bright, and really, that's where you find the fun. Wanting to fight somebody. Wanting to hurt somebody. Wanting to make their life just as painful as yours. That sure can be fun sometimes.

It's a fleeting feeling, though. It isn't worth all the effort it would take. There will always be some people that you really carry that for -- I have at least one entire team worth. However, that's not every single game. Maybe you have to just enjoy the ride with the people in the room. It isn't always going to be the best, but it will be worth it more times than not.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Wsbl affiliate 
different forum username: basketballiscool 
https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/ind...st&p=41696

Written Player: Esa Parmborg is known for his love of chicken parm, so he has a little chicken parm sandwich embroidered on all his gear. He has it on the wrists of his jersey, the thumbs of his gloves, the instep of his skates and back of his hockey socks. He also has stickers on his helmet and cup, yes a chicken parm sticker on his cup, that's where the true parm power is kept. Granted he can't see a couple of these during the game but knowing they are there brings him a reminder of home and what he's all about. He is embowed with the power of parm, it runs in his veigns and he has reminders all over his uniform while he's on the ice. Other players have asked for the same thing but it's something special that the team only allows for Esa Parmborg, the nephew of the Parm King Esa Anrikkanen who blazed the trail for him.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

[Image: shutterstock_136427924.png]

Shoyo special gear is a Coors Light water bottle !

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

tommy westbrook but this time i upd wears a special little band around his wrist for every single simulation hockey games he plays. he calls it his special little good luck band and he simply can not go a single game without it sitting snuggly on his wrist. it sits on there nice and tight. tommy westbrook but this time i upd acquired this band from way back when during his childhood where he grew up on a farm surrounded by a lot of pigs. he loved pigs and he always chased them around the barn, luckily for the pigs they were really quick so tommy westbrook but this time i upd could not catch any of them, thought that did not stop him from trying. one day he went up to the big farm boss and said hey id like to acquire a pig. and the farm boss said sure here's one for you and ill even throw in a little band. and hes never taking it off since.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

The Aurora coach loves to help the team lighten up a bit in the last part of practice (except for after losses). Usually the team gets a chance to loosen up and work on their skating playing games like red rover and relay races. They also get to work on their reflexes playing games like ninja. It's a fun way for the team to not only work on their skills but improve their team building and just raise their morale a bit before they head off on long road trips or head into tough matchups. As the staff head off and it's just the players, some split up to work on specifics. Jones usually can be seen running the gauntlet, working on his ability to take contact and keep moving forward. Other players work on their set plays for special teams or just muck around shooting on the goalies. The team just tries to keep it loose until the time ends and they prepare for the next matchup.

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

Player Prompt

For Mikko, he used to always like to drop something down the shaft of his hockey stick during the season.  He can't remember when he started doing that, but ever since he can remember, he's always tossed a lego mini figure in the shaft of a new stick as he is taping it up for use.  Now, every single time Rashford taps his stick and here's a tiny little rattle from inside it, he remembers that is it just a game, and that he is ultimately here to have fun and give it his all.

Mikko also likes to add a little customization to his gloves, each glove has the name of one of his sons on it.  Mikko has been known to say that they are a huge motivation for him to keep playing, but also to make sure he's smart and doing what he needs to do to come home as a healthy father from the rink each night.  Every time before he heads home, the names on the gloves are one of the last things he sees in his player stall before seeing his family again.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

When we want to have some fun at practice we like to play a game called switch-a-roo. In this game everyone has their position swapped! The goalies become forwards, the forwards become defense, and the defense become goalies. After we do this for a best of seven series we then reverse it so that the goalies become defense, the defense becomes forwards, and the forwards become goalies. Not only is this fun and a great team building exercise, but it allows us to visualize what our teammate's are doing much better. See normally with the forwards I think they just go "oonga boonga shoot the puck" but now that I have played some forward I realize that there is a lot more nuance that goes into the position. The only thing that could make this drill better would be if our coaches laced up some skates and got out on the ice and some of us got to be the coach for the day.

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

When the New Orleans Specters want to have some fun on the ice after a practice, there’s only one thing that’s on the entire team’s minds: Sauce Across. It’s a play off of the old bean bag tossing game, Toss Across, where players would alternate throwing bean bags at a Tic Tac Toe board and having the tiles flip to an X or and O, as both players attempt to get three in a row. With Sauce Across, they do the same thing, but with, of course, passing pucks over bean bags. These games get INCREDIBLY competitive, but its all in good fun for New Orleans. They have a championship belt in the locker room and everything. Oddly enough, the player that is generally regarded as the “best” in this made up game is backup goalie Iorek Byrinson. Quite weird, but he’s won the title the most times. Vlastislav Malik, for all of his goal scoring prowess, is usually one of the worst players at the game. (167)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

PBE PT