Create Account

Playoff schedule
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 11:21 PM by CementHands. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hey all,

With the changes to no more test simming I feel like we are in a good spot as a league to discuss playoffs. I’ve not minced words in saying I think our playoffs are too long, so thinking of appropriate ways around that I’ve been thinking about the experience from other leagues.
PBE quick sims all games but elimination games in a series. Sometimes this means just one live game a series. Not frequently though. Teams have time between each game to change strategies and everything is done all at once.
Something like this adopted to SHL could look something like: Monday first round, Wednesday second round, Friday conference finals, Saturday challenge cup finals.
This allows playoffs to wrap up in 1 week, I feel like there is a lot less want for time between games to make changes and test because we can’t test any more.
What do smarter people than me think? Strategists if there is a agreed upon time those days would that be beneficial? Is 2 weeks better than one for playoffs?

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

1 week imo is way to short for the most important time In the shl. I think 2 weeks is more doable. Because let’s say that the finals is that Sunday, then the most available time for draft is still the next weekend. So might as well carry out the playoffs to end like that Thursday

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I like the PBE route

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Remove the league entirely, zero week seasons

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Also need to think about how this would impact Championship Week.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

08-13-2022, 09:45 PMSFresh3 Wrote: Also need to think about how this would impact Championship Week.

and LeBron's legacy

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

08-13-2022, 09:50 PMNJBadApple Wrote:
08-13-2022, 09:45 PMSFresh3 Wrote: Also need to think about how this would impact Championship Week.

and LeBron's legacy
His Mickey Mouse Ring has already done that for him.

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]