Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

While the knights may have missed the postseason this year the team has their sights set on next season. After a few days of rest and healing the team was right back in the rink making sure we don't lose a step. While these skates are not full speed they are still helpful to keep the legs loose. With his down time, Potential Spam traveled to Nigeria to visit with old friends, one of which is a dethroned prince, whose family was dethroned and is now cut off from their families fortune. While abroad Potential worked to help his friends regain their throne through an extensive letter writing campaign but so far has been unsuccessful. A mental break from the league was necessary as the disappointment from missing the playoffs weighed heavily on the defense man. He checks in every now and then to see how the playoffs are playing out but doesn't watch. Instead he records the games so that he can review them right before the season starts for inspiration.

Vancouver, running into the playoffs after a very good season, was planning on taking some time off to RNR before a tough playoff bracket, unfortunately this is because they didn't know the playoff format had them playing in round 1 despite being better than other teams that got byes, oops. But the plan changed very quickly to one that mainly focused on long runs, lifting weight, and canoeing during a trip out to a cabin. It was very fun and the team was able to get fully prepped for the so-far successful playoffs well, and also improve our team bonding to hopefully battle even harder against the top teams in the league late into the playoff bracket matchups. If the Vancouver Whalers do end up winning the four star cup this season, surely this preparation will be something we do again next year, maybe sneak in a few less fun nights if we don't hehe.

PBE - https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=490883

isfl offseason task

Since the Knights did not make the playoffs, Finn will return to Germany to see his family for the first part of the off season. In Germany, he will train with a personal trainer and a skills coach to continue to better himself for the upcoming season. This will include two workouts and an on ice skill session. There isn't one part of his game that he isn't looking to improve. Finn is looking forward to playing in the World Juniors Championship for the British Isles. Not only will he get to play with some other great players, it will be a good chance for him to show case his progress this off season before the draft. Finn cannot wait for the draft to finally get here. He's a bit nervous but looking forward to living out his dream by having his name called. His parents and sister will accompany him to the draft. After the draft, Finn will come to North America and participate in some additional training with his teammates before training camps open.

To prepare for playoffs, we do what every other team in the world do, we train fucking hard and we chew bubble gum. When we are out of bubble gum, we got train even more. It's a bit weird to think about training for playoffs however, because with the complication of how the playoffs are going in the shl, we aren't even sure who we will be facing at any time. At one point i might be able to figure it out. So to prepare for every situation, QCC trains for any possible opponent. We even prepare for Kelowna and Detroit just to have some fun as well. We know we cant face them, but at that point man, i just want to be sure we get things ready. The fun thing though, is that as we had Seed 4, we should not be facing Seed 1 or Seed 2, thanks to the playoff format, so we have a great chance to make it to the finals in my opinion.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

In Regina, there's not a lot of way to train for the finals. We have the on ice training, of course, which is done with the whole team, but we also want to get some good off ice training. However, the Gym is very overrated in the big forest of Saskatchewan, where over half the province is covered by trees. To get in to the spirit of representing to Elks on the ice, the management decided to make us do squats lifting the biggest one they could find. Not a lot of us managed to do it, but it was a fun exercise to try. We were facing the Great Fall Grizzlies in the first round, so we had some one-one wrestling match with some black bear, as they are the one most found around. After this, we were facing the Quebec City Citadelles so we just went to hunt some Short-eared owls for the fun of it since they are harder to see than snowy owls.

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

Well I believe in getting ready for the next step and the team did just that without much concern about the post season since we were pretty much last, obviously if we had a match up we'd be more than ready but for now it's piling up the TPE as rookies so we can come into next season even stronger and maybe fight for a top spot in the process. The coach has us on diets, steadily lifting weights and we've plenty of time studying the board lately, a few of my teammates have even started a gaming event to bring everybody even closer. In my free time I relax and do yoga mostly.. Thinking success into existence! I have seen a few restaurants here in Carolina I've been meaning to visit so if I can catch a break before the first puck drops I'll be hitting one of them up!! (don't tell my coach)

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

PBE affiliate

[Image: lZacrUG.png]