Create Account

S66 PT #5: Hot Take Hoedown

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

HOCKEY PROMPT - This is an old PT I haven't seen done in quite a while and I think it's a lot of fun! Since the playoffs are beginning tomorrow I thought I'd reach out to a variety of users from around the league and get some anonymous hot takes! Spicy!

Written Task: Take any of the below hot takes and respond to them! Do you agree? Disagree? Why or why not? Provide a counter-take if you disagree. (150+ words)

Quote:Take 1: More than half of the first round will be decided by sweeps.

Quote:Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way. 

Quote:Take 3: We see more upsets than ever before in the FHM era. Like 8+ rounds won by lower seeded teams.

Quote:Take 4: Hamilton will go further than Los Angeles. 

Quote:Take 5: Manhattan has a good chance to represent the East in the Challenge Cup final.

Quote:Bonus Take: "The cup is gonna win dignity" (Director's note: I have no idea what this means but maybe someone wants to figure it out.)

Graphic Task: Take any of the quotes and show them being said in a round-table style hockey discussion show. Include a response from another person on the show. 

PLAYER PROMPT- Whether you made the playoffs or just reached the end of your season, there's a ton of media noise at this time of year for professional athletes. Did you perform well enough? Will you be able to step up in the playoffs? Why didn't you play well enough to make the playoffs? It's never ending. 

Written Task:  Tell me about how your player deals with aggressive media or toxic fans. Are they the type to worry about what people say online? Or are they not on social media at all? Is your player constantly picking fights on Twitter and sniping at reporters in interviews? Or do you just shut all that stuff out and give "pucks in deep" style responses to reporters? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player during a pre-playoffs or locker cleanout day interview. Include a speech bubble so we know what they're talking about.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, August 21st at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 12:06 AM by JamesT. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way.

As one of the original S60 picks for the Montreal [Image: Patriotesnew.png] I'm super ecstatic to have seen them played so well during the regular season. An expansion franchise does take time to flourish and grow into a contending team, so them making the playoffs is a right step in that direction. Also hopefully they have stable management because in the past the management team has had an interesting path to say the least.

After playing in MTL for 2 seasons and being one of the bottom teams in the league during my time there, it's nice to see Montreal playing well and making it to the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.

I did pick Montreal to beat Toronto and if they do so, I can see them making a run during the S66 playoffs.

In the past if MTL and BUF faced each other, I'm sure everyone would have BUF demolishing MTL, but this season is a different story and I could easily see this potential series going 7 games with MTL being victorious at the end. 

(179 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

PT pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

Caleb Hayden has dealt with people all the time making fun of him. When he was just a little kid in elementary school, he always got made fun of for what he loved to do. It still happens to this day. He handles it how he would normally do, just stay calm and cool. He has been through this so many times that he knows if he doesn't ignite the flame even more, it will just die down. Caleb definitely is not the type of person to fight on social media, but he does love reading about the drama around him, being the SHL or off-ice shenanigans, he loves reading anything like that. Caleb always shuts out all the toxic from the fans. Whenever he is on the ice he is just there to play, not to pay attention to all the people booing him in the crowd for making a huge save for his team.

156 Words

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

pt pass

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Quote:
Take 5: Manhattan has a good chance to represent the East in the Challenge Cup final.
Oooooh, I like this supposedly hot take, and you know what? I do not disagree with it at all. The main threat in the East is obviously the powerhouse Atlanta Inferno, who have been there before. That said, even though their first round opponent Hamilton Steelhawks were not particularly good this season, I think we have all been warned by now to not count out Steelhawk voodoo magic (especially when Meeka Keprosoft is putting up 30.17 goals saved above average). They have a gamebreaker up top in Lev Lebedev, and some hungry other pieces like Aksel Fiske, Tomas Lind, and Jesper Aittokallio in the attack, and Teylora Petrov on the back end was an absolute beast for me in fantasy. Throw in a really strong 'keeper in Name Redacted, and you've got a good balance everywhere in the squad. While I don't think Manhattan will MAKE the Challenge Cup final, never underestimate the power of youthful energy to make a surprise run.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Quote:

Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way. 

Montreal is coming in to the post season absolutely red hot. Their final game was a blowout. Montreal has a top 10 goaltender in Brick Wall and probably the best top 6 in the east. Until they run in to a team with outstanding goaltending and a solid blue line, Montreal will likely be able to score their way around their own weaknesses - visions of Edmonton in the Playoffs this just recently past season.

Quote:

Bonus Take: "The cup is gonna win dignity" (Director's note: I have no idea what this means but maybe someone wants to figure it out.)

this one takes some pondering. My best guess is that with the transition to FHM8, the most advanced simulator yet, and with the elimination of sim-testing and the contract adjustment and rebalancing rules the stage was set for this season to be more 'fair' than in the past. The winners of S66 is going to be fairly indisputable. However, there have been some surprising games this season, and we could see something silly happen. Regardless, it's an exciting time, and i am feeling optimistic and excited for the FHM8 era dawning.

[Image: banes.png]

Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way.

I don't know where they got this one from. Disagree. We've seen how well the managed to "blow past" Toronto in the regular season. Montreal even managed to lose some games against Toronto's backup goalie which they probably thought they would win for sure, so this definitely isn't going to happen in the playoffs either. I'm not saying it will be over in 4 games that all end up in shutouts for Toronto (one could still dream, okay?), it might even go to OT here and there, but don't sleep on the North Stars. Toronto has been trying to repeat what they did in S58 for a while now and they will finally make it past Buffalo this time, should they meet later in the playoffs. The team is hungry for some success they've never had in FHM and now is the time. At least there is some hope that Atlanta will take out Hamilton early so nobody will have to deal with them later.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Take 3: Malik vehemently disagrees with this! We will likely see more upsets than before, but not 8+! Firstly, Malik does not even want to consider the fact that his NOLA might get upset by anyone! So consider us out of it! Secondly, is test simming THAT important? Sure, you can't sit there spending hours of your life running sims and tinkering with tactics, counter tactics, and so on and so forth. But, what's stopping GMs or Coaches from spending hours coming up with some way to understand tactics and counter them from looking at the various statistics that FHM offers. Or is that not allowed as well? Also, keep in mind that neither team, whether top seed or underdog, has access to test simming. Now, if we only allowed the lower seeds to test sim, THAT would be interesting. Would teams tank to finish in the lower half to have that advantage throughout playoffs? Someone get that to the HO, I'm liking this idea!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Hockey Prompt Take 5

Of all the hot takes listed here, I can easily see this one coming true. Manhattan's route to the Challenge cup final starts against the Tampa Bay Barracuda. This matchup should be close, but since Manhattan is the higher seeded team and won more games against the Barracuda during the regular season, it's not much of a hot take to see Manhattan reach the second round. Assuming they meet the Atlanta Inferno in the second round, this is where the heat of the take begins. Atlanta had a monstrous season, racking up a full 50 wins. However, of their 16 losses, 6 came against the Rage. For those counting that's every single game of their season series. If any team can stand in the way of Atlanta during these playoffs it will probably be Manhattan. If the series goes the way of the Rage, then the only team left to face to get to the finals would be one of the four North East teams who are all beatable. If the rage continue to play specifically well against the same teams, they can absolutely reach the Challenge Cup finals.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Quote:Written Task: Tell me about how your player deals with aggressive media or toxic fans. Are they the type to worry about what people say online? Or are they not on social media at all? Is your player constantly picking fights on Twitter and sniping at reporters in interviews? Or do you just shut all that stuff out and give "pucks in deep" style responses to reporters? (150+ words)

Spack Jarrow has always been pretty oblivious to the noise around him as he has always been laser focussed on whatever is his current desire. So he isn't aware of the trends and what's being said on social media. That isn't to say that he wouldn't respond should he happen to come across any kind of criticism or incorrect information. Most of Jarrow's responses would likely be misguided at best, in the same way Kevin Durant would clap back, Jarrow would also throw his own form of shade but it would most likely come off strange since Jarrow doesn't understand how social media really works. If it was something directed at him in an interview, his likely response would be something like "Who do you think you are?!? I am!" and then end the interview abruptly. In the end, he'd end up making it much worse than had he just remained oblivious to the controversy or statement.

[ 164 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

PLAYER PROMPT- Whether you made the playoffs or just reached the end of your season, there's a ton of media noise at this time of year for professional athletes. Did you perform well enough? Will you be able to step up in the playoffs? Why didn't you play well enough to make the playoffs? It's never ending. 

Written Task:  Tell me about how your player deals with aggressive media or toxic fans. Are they the type to worry about what people say online? Or are they not on social media at all? Is your player constantly picking fights on Twitter and sniping at reporters in interviews? Or do you just shut all that stuff out and give "pucks in deep" style responses to reporters? (150+ words)

Tom Pedersen always answers all questions. Trying to really be friendly, honest and including towards all fans and journalists. Of course there are people ready to help out if things get out of hand or if Tom needs to make a quick exit due to other circumstances. However, Tom does not tolerate smug assholes and will deliver a blow to those that deserve it. If a troublesome journalist asks what Tom thinks of said journalist the answer will probably be in the “you are a wanker” region. It is important to be honest. No need to sugarcoat then you only get the same treatment more often. If a fan gets frisky and tries to touch some private parts then a fist in the solar plexus or jugulum will be considered as a fair response. Behaving journalists and fans will always be welcome no matter what. Stupid ones will pay the price and be on an eternal shitlist.

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 08:54 AM by WildfireMicro.)

PLAYER PROMPT 

Sir Devoir is on Twitter, but honestly rarely uses it. He prefers talking to fans face to face, and when it comes to toxic or aggressive fans he tries his best to tune them out. He doesn't want his mouth writing checks that in the end his performance on the ice cannot cash, so he let's his actions speak louder then words. However, when he is forced to do an interview that includes toxic fans or aggressive reporters, he tries his absolute best to stay polite and professional like he has been raised to do. He tends to not let the opinions of the few determine his views of the many.

That being said, he can be surprisingly quick witted when he is dealing with fans or reporters who catch him on a bad day. For example, he once had this to say to a reporter who usually covers American football:

"Funny how a man who has never put on pads and moved and a puck and has also rarely watched this sport is telling me how to do my job"
Code:
181 words

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

[Image: biWfqsx.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs