Create Account

S66 PT #5: Hot Take Hoedown

ISFL PT

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

I kinda picked this one because I liked how it sounded and giggled when I saw it. The cup is going to win dignity. I mean of course it is, it goes to the victor as the spoils. It also has earned dignity by being won by powerful and strong teams over 67 seasons across one continent and many states, cities, townships, towns and so on and so fourth. If the definition of dignity is to preserve honor and to maintain an air of strength in trying and difficult times then clearly the definition of dignity behooves the emphasis we place on the Challenge Cup. But the prompt says that the cup is going to win it, it being dignity. I know I am repeating myself at this point but I feel like whoever wrote this was just mad at a prompt or wanted to confuse the people that took this challenge on. If so, whomever you are, boo.

PLAYER PROMPT

Bnana NWaffles likes to take the Marshawn Lynch approach to aggressive media or toxic fans. Fans maybe not so much because like Marshawn he is love by fans but of course not all. Just tells the aggressive media "I am here so I don't get fined". Bnana NWaffles is not one to get into Twitter or any social media type fights with people and just continues to post when he is live on his stream or a new recipe or a work out, vacation, etc. One of the biggest aggressive media takes this offseason is definitely about how Detroit won it all last year and then couldn't even make the playoffs this season. Bnana NWaffles' response to all those takes is that he is proud of what his team accomplished this season, is having fun being carried by rookies, and is looking for an even greater next season, which the league should look out! SKREEE! Falcons

155 Words

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Quote:Written Task: Tell me about how your player deals with aggressive media or toxic fans. Are they the type to worry about what people say online? Or are they not on social media at all? Is your player constantly picking fights on Twitter and sniping at reporters in interviews? Or do you just shut all that stuff out and give "pucks in deep" style responses to reporters? (150+ words)

How does Aleksi Kettu deal with the hate and the aggression online? Well, its simple: he doesn't go online. The most Kettu spends online is the occasional xbox game while on the road during the season, watching Netflix or Hulu on the plane, or listening to his favorite artists on Spotify while working out. Kettu doesn't have a Twitter, he doesn't read any news site, he doesn't even check the scores of other sports teams he used to follow. Hell, Kettu doesn't even watch other sports anymore as he risks running into criticism on the various sports broadcasts. Kettu hired a sports psychologist once he was drafted to the Los Angeles Panthers, and that psychologist has been monumental in helping Kettu stay mentally focused on the task at hand both during the season and offseason. Sometimes it is difficult for Kettu as he used to have a Twitter and enjoy browsing sites like Reddit, but nowadays his primary and only focus is on his team's success.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 01:10 AM by blakec1414. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player prompt:

Kezia rejects the concept of the internet entirely. They reject the notion that supposed “deep sea wires” are capable of carrying information around the world. It’s simply a scam by the government to mind control people. Or something, idk. 
For real tho kezia is pretty chill, they probably aren’t too grumpy when being interviewed but if your dick to them, they’ll probably be a dick back. That dude who interviewed Leon Draisaitle and called him pissy would probably end up getting punched if he pulled that shit with kezia. It’s just rude. (96 words, I just don’t have it in me this week, sorry lmao)

[Image: kezia-elk4-smol.png]
sig by me (:

Kezia MacKenzie - LW - Regina Elk - Atlanta Inferno

Quote:Take 3: We see more upsets than ever before in the FHM era. Like 8+ rounds won by lower seeded teams.

Without really having known what has happened during the playoffs outside of the result of my own teams series, I will say that despite the changes we've seen as a result of the switch to FHM8, 8 upsets still seems like a pretty steep amount to me. While I do feel we have seen some more parity with the switch, 8 underdog wins feels like it would be a pretty big statistical anomaly. Especially when you consider that the top ranked teams play the lower ranked teams. For 8+ upsets the bottom ranked teams would have to practically dominate the higher tiered teams. I'm basically repeating myself here now but I'm too high to provide any solid analysis.

After checking the playoff tree for the first time since the 1st round, I believe my take to be pretty correct, as there were only 4 results I would consider 'upsets' by definition (although Philly came close, and obviously the playoffs are still going). But even with 4 upsets, I think that's a pretty solid amount anyways.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Billy blazes is a big hot head and as such when ever he sees a moron firing off hot takes on reddit or Twitter you best believe he's going after them. After he has a bad game he often sees the pundits on Twitter calling for his head and saying stuff like " Billy blazes is so trash, he's over payed garbage why the fuck is this man captain?" Now as he's been in the spotlight since he was young he is no stranger to criticism but occasionally he pops off in the comments. "you can say I'm overpaid and garbage all you want. That doesn't change the fact that I'm making millions in the bigs while you imagine living my life in video games." His anger isn't limited to fans too. After a disappointing playoff performance from the malamutes the press asker him "you guys were the higher seed what happened out there" and Billy responded with "sometimes shit happens out there, not that I'd expect you to know"

Player prompt:

Pablo Salvatici is an absolute menace to the media and the fans. This season in particular he has stepped his antics up tenfold to become one of the Simulation Hockey League's most volatile personalities. Atlanta media loves to pull up his social media and ask him questions about what he's up to online. The favourite has to be his goldmine of a twitter account where he spends his nights sniping at opposing fans, making fun of everything from their appearance to their spelling. Sometimes however, something good will pop up. Most recently this was a picture of Pablo attending a young Inferno fan's birthday party at the Georgia aquarium. Post game interviews from Pablo are always a treat to watch, as you never know if he will be respectful or if he will decide to take his frustration out on the reporters. His media scrum highlights include one word answers, a ten minute tangent on why his 3 month old nephew was a better journalist than an SHL beat writer, and a press conference after a loss where he answered every single question in Italian. You never really know what you'll get out of Pablo when you put him in front of the media, you just know that it will be entertaining.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Written Task: Tell me about how your player deals with aggressive media or toxic fans. Are they the type to worry about what people say online? Or are they not on social media at all? Is your player constantly picking fights on Twitter and sniping at reporters in interviews? Or do you just shut all that stuff out and give "pucks in deep" style responses to reporters? (150+ words)

My player doesnt care at all about toxic or aggro fans, he just goes out there and plays his game. In fact he welcomes all the bad or toxic fans. That just means he is doing something right. It's interesting however, the toxic fan culture. I think that players now have to deal with a bit more than ever before. I also think that most toxic fans are the rarity in sports. There is a lot of passion for sure, but I think when it comes right down to it, even a few boo birds aren't the problem. Most fans just want what is best for their team and the best out of the players. They use that to motivate the side. As for social media, that is a whole different beast. The anon nature of those platforms makes things a lot more vile. Matsmith stays off of those things. It's not his scene, so he pays them no mind.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way.

Going into this take and seeing this I instantly thought no and thought this was insanely hot of a take and had no idea how i was going to reach 150 words on just this prompt. Then i checked the standings and realized actually just how good of a season MTL had especially compared to the Montreal of past seasons and basically since their entrance into the league. Once i saw that i decided to look into it a bit more. I have no clue what MTL's tpe placement is within the league and just based on the standings alone would not be surprised at all to see them beat Toronto as they finished ahead of them, but I would not expect them to get past Buffalo and make the eastern conference finals, once i looked into it a bit more that belief became more firm as it seems like MTL had quite a fortunate season in terms of PDO with everyone 100 and above and a lower corsi than Buffalo. That being said it's still not the Montreal of old and although upsets arent common in FHM they do still happen and Montreal could beat Buffalo, not that i'd predict that.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Player Prompt:

Axel Foley is a bit of a cool cucumber. The toxic media members of the world don't make him think too hard. He's been around the league, had himself a good time, and knows what aggressive questions are all about.

WIth that being said, Tampa Bay doesn't carry that same toxic media associated with a city like Edmonton. Maybe it's because Tampa has been on a cup run and another good
finish in Foley's 2 seasons south of the border, or maybe it's because of the nice weather, who knows. All Foley knows is his response to any form of toxic media;

Feign ignorance
Clarify question
Answer genuinely
Stare uncomfortably
Ask for next

The classic FCASA acronym. It's sure to accomplish everything you want out of a response to a media member being mean and all that. To break it down further. You essentially just listen intently, nod along, and don't react to any kind of pointed language. Ask them to repeat the question, or clarify some part of it. Insult yourself but in a real earnest type way where it's super believable you're shittalking yourself, or say the team sucks. Stare at the question asker for about 5 seconds unwavering to really get in their head walls. Then you can continue the interview. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

pt pass

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)