Create Account

S66 PT #5: Hot Take Hoedown

Player Prompt

Seamus is ready for the harsh criticism that comes with being on top of the league. Fans of all the other teams look to drag you down while a select few look at your play with an analytical eye and try to guess how you will perform in the ultimate showdown of teams. Throughout it all, Seamus is still trying to learn how to control his inner zen. It's easy to forget that you are a young guy when everyone is putting a spotlight on you. There hasn't been much time to develop a thick skin. Seamus gets above it all by doing two things. One - he tries to avoid social media when at all possible. It is just not worth it if he is not promoting his side business. He has no time to fight with online trolls because hes too busy making sure his books are balanced. Two - When reporters come for him at the end of games he answers their questions with ridiculous answers. he would rather never respond in first place, but when you are captain of the team you do not really get a choice.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Bonus Take: "The cup is gonna win dignity" (Director's note: I have no idea what this means but maybe someone wants to figure it out.)

Since the dawn of time, man has wanted for one thing. Cups. Cave paintings depict tribes slaughtering each other for a chance to drink from the fabled bone cup. Ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics, all littered with symbols of Pharaohs building shrines for a small edge in capturing the elusive cup of the sun god Ra. Medieval kingdoms fighting and dying for the Holy Grail. Thomas Edison inventing flying machines to soar above the rest and finally capture the cup. Ben Franklin did some lightning shit too and I think might have had an orgy idk. And now, 16 teams battle it out, some better than others, but all looking for the cup. But let's back track a bit shall we? Has the cup ever had dignity? Well if we look at the teams that won it, the answer is pretty clear. Winnipeg Jets? Texas Renegades? Chicago Syndicate? None of these teams bring dignity to the cup. None of the names inscribed inspire awe or respect in any way, and certainly not dignity. Worse, the Buffalo Stampeed and ******* S****h*wks have also had their share of the cup, furthering its trip away from dignity at speeds not yet calculable by human arithmetic. There were glimpses in the S40's and S50's where it seemed the cup would almost lead to dignity, but more often than not it would end up in the wrong hands and end the stretch of any hope the cup had of winning anything other than shame and hairy balls. Yes, you read that right. Hairy balls in the cup. Look it up. I'll wait. Now if we briefly entertain the idea of the thought of what dignity could mean to the cup, a couple things may come to mind. For me personally, the first thing is the time old phrase: 'esta leche es demasiado picante, ¿puedo tomar un poco de hielo para enfriarla?' This is actually ancient Latin, but the phrase has been passed down through generations of Italians to come to roughly translate to: 'with great dignity, one must always take the first step before the last, else one will walk backwards.' This might be confusing to some, but I have a degree in ancient Latin turned Italian so I can explain this one. In order to walk, you must step once, and then step again. This is why they're called steps. But if you were to step both feet at once, you'd fall over, unless you have great balance but this expression is about the average Italian man and not the Italians with great balance so ignore that one. But stepping both feet is not an option for most Italians, so the point stands, one foot must go, then the other. It would be impossible for the second step to come before the first step, since we are counting up, so whatever step comes second is the one after first, even if the third step was farther than the first two combined. Imagine a graph, where the x-axis is how many steps you take, and the y-axis is Italian-ness. At any point in this graph, up to infinite steps, or infinite+1, no matter the level of Italian on the y-axis, the next step must come after the previous, unless it is further back, but you should not go backwards because that would go further away from where you want to go, which is obviously the end of the graph. So if we equate this to our Ancient Roman saying, we can surmise that the correct interpretation is that the last step must always come after the first, and you cannot hop, as long as you are an average Italian with average Italian balance. What does this have to do with dignity or the cup you might ask? Well the cup is not Italian nor does it have exceptional balance, you can tip it over quite easily by sitting on the edge, or maybe placing some weights distributed un-evenly along the edge or inside the cup. So to step towards dignity, one must put one foot in front of the other. The cup has hypothetical feet in this situation, because the cup cannot actually step physically but in a hypothetical sense there are steps it could take. I'd wager the cup would have a size 12 shoe, pretty large, so it could take large steps. I have a size 10.5 which is also fairly large but the cup could easily out pace me if not for my fast strides and exceptional stamina for long distance running. I could likely win in a race against the cup, but it would be close with me being behind until the very end when a second wind of energy gives me the edge to pass the cup in the final moments of the race. But the shoe size of the cup matters not, but the direction in which it is stepping. And the cup has stepping in the wrong order, falling over, time and time again. So how can it win? Well there is one way the cup CAN win dignity here this season, and that's what I'm here to discuss. The prompt claims the cup will win dignity, but I majored in math language as well as Italic Roman translationisms, and I can tell you the odds of the cup winning dignity are not likely. There are 16 teams in the playoffs, and while one team has the clear edge in looks and skill, anything can happen in the new sim. Just look at the little guys with the hockey sticks, those weren't there before, which proves my point that change is inevitable, but is it time for the cup to finally change direction, stopping stepping with two feet and finally win dignity? Only time will tell.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Prompt 1

Quote: Wrote:Take 1: More than half of the first round will be decided by sweeps.

Patya am not agree with this. Patya am this season seeing much more compete of teams. This making Patya think sweeps am not happening as often as before. New engine is make for more excite so far and Patya am expecting for this continuing onward.

Quote: Wrote:Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way. 

Patya am also not agreeing with this. Patya thinking maybe Montreal am beat Toronto but am not be able for beat Buffalo. Buffalo many strongs team and Patya am think they am being one of final four teams in playoffs.

Quote: Wrote:Take 3: We see more upsets than ever before in the FHM era. Like 8+ rounds won by lower seeded teams.

Patya not saying this impossible, but is unlikely. Patya am still see clear division between haves and have nots. Patya think this divide still show in playoffs, even if more teams am having compete.

Quote: Wrote:Take 4: Hamilton will go further than Los Angeles. 

Patya am knowing how good Hamilton am being in past, but thinking Los Angeles still much good team probably head for finals. So, Patya am thinking this take also wrong.

Quote: Wrote:Take 5: Manhattan has a good chance to represent the East in the Challenge Cup final.

This maybe least hottest take in Patya mind but still not thinking is possible. Manhattan much good now after many improving but is not yet becoming ready for this. Patya disagree.

Quote: Wrote:Bonus Take: "The cup is gonna win dignity" (Director's note: I have no idea what this means but maybe someone wants to figure it out.)

Please help Patya. What means this? Patya not knowing.

(All responses together is around 187 words, sorry for whoever had to grade this.)

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Take 1: More than half of the first round will be decided by sweeps.

I feel like this might be true. Even though we changed sims and that brought a new set of rules regarding testing (or lack off lol), the stronger teams are still getting the results they normally had during the regular season. This means that the first round of the playoffs will still have more than a few games with powerhouses facing rebuilding or average teams, which undoubtedly will bring a few sweeps. I do not have the data regarding the percentage of sweeps from past seasons on the old version of the sim, but i would go and risk it saying that we are going to get at least the same sweeps as we averaged before.
Now, i am not saying that the same teams will win, so we might have a few surprises here and there, but some teams will definitely stay a zero playoff wins on the new sim.
Maybe next year they will get better, who knows.

(160 words)

HOCKEY PROMPT:

Quote:Take 1: More than half of the first round will be decided by sweeps.

Disagree. I think the league has enough parity this season to prevent this from happening. I still expect some sweep to happen, but I only see three happenings in the best-case or worst-case scenario, depending on which side you are on. Only four teams who have made the playoffs have a negative goal differential which shows that the team in the playoff are close to each other. The league also had only one team who was able to reach 100 points this season. Outside of Atlanta because they finished first, every team this year was able to sneak a couple of wins against teams that were better than the team and I expect this to repeat during the first round of the playoffs. I don’t see any series between a second and a third-place team in the division finishing in four games. As for first place team, I don’t see a scenario in which Buffalo, who only had 86 points, could sweep Philadelphia which means I expect less than half of the first-round series will be decided by a sweep.

180 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 01:16 AM by Muerto. Edited 2 times in total.)

Quote:
Take 1: More than half of the first round will be decided by sweeps.

I disagree with this take for a couple of reasons. First off, there are only 8 series being played. So for more than half to be sweeps, there would have to be 5 of them. I don't see there being that big a discrepancy between many teams playing against each other right now. WPG/NOLA and SEA/SFP in the West seem like pretty even matches that should go 6 or 7 games, while in the East you have MTL/TOR and MAN/TBB facing each other, and none of those teams seem like they should be easy sweeps. Even in some of the other matches, Texas, Calgary, Hamilton, and Philadelphia might be facing tough opponents, but they all had good stretches during the season where they got some wins against the upper tier. On top of that, there does seem to be a definite home ice advantage so I can see a real possibility that some teams will be able to win a game or two at home even in series where they will probably ultimately lose.

(Slight add here since I didn't post this until after the first 4 playoff games - there were actually 3 sweeps in total: Unsurprisingly, Atlanta took out Hamilton and Chicago swept Texas, but there was also one surprising sweep which was Tampa Bay knocking out Manhattan in 4. Calgary managed to avoid the sweep by winning game 4 at home.)

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way.

False. Toronto has not yet performed to their level and might surprise Montreal with being a very tough opponent. Harry Carpet still has some life in him yet, and can provide excellent goaltending in big games. Some of the past-their-prime players that are on these teams seem to show up during playoffs so underestimating an opponent like that will not be a good thing for Montreal to do as it might lead to their demise instead. Buffalo is also another team to not be taken lightly - their regular season performance have proven that they still yet have some life left in them, and for some reason, in FHM more experienced teams seem to have an edge over the younger teams. Whether it is due to chemistry or some unexplained back end voodoo, FHM likes the chances for these old guys to make an impact in the post season.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Player Prompt

Like many players in the SHL, Ryosuke Sato has to deal with the tough analysts and the hecklers on hockey Twitter. Similarly, like many other players in the SHL, the negativity of not playing as well as people hope can really get to Sato from time to time, especially when he thinks he himself is playing poorly. As a result, to "handle" the analysts, Ryosuke has distanced himself from the toxic hockey twitter. As for tough analysts and interviewers, Ryosuke gives the most straight, forward, PR friendly answer that he can think of. For example, "Yes, I would agree my play is not up to par with what I have hoped as of late, but I am working closely with the trainers and coaching staff and I believe I can get back into being a prominent role on the ice". Just rinse and repeat this answer whenever the questions are not going your way and you are set!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 07:36 PM by WithTheMoose. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hockey Prompt
Take 5: Manhattan has a good chance to represent the East in the Challenge Cup final.

I disagree with this only because Atlanta looks like the strongest team in the league and I'm not sure Manhattan is close. Atlanta looks poised to take this whole thing home, so I struggle to see a world in which a new player in the playoffs even takes them to a game seven, much less takes them down. That said, I do think the time is coming from Manhattan. I think they're about one season from really rolling into their prime and while I don't think they could really upset a juggernaut like Atlanta to make the finals this season, I think next season they're going to be a true threat. They're a young team with a ton of up and coming talent and I think that is their weakness as much as it'll be their strength next season. They're too young to take on the big dogs for now. Do I see them taking a series in this playoffs? Absolutely. They have some weaker teams to face off against and I think it'll snowball them into next season if they do. Dreams are too big for this season though.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Code:
Hockey Prompt
Take 2: Montreal blows past Toronto and pushes for an Eastern Conference Finals appearance with only an aging Buffalo in their way.

Montreal has been punching above their weight all season, what's to stop them from doing that in the playoffs too? Montreal ended up in third in their conference with a whole 5 more points than Toronto giving them home ice advantage, shouldn't be too hard to blow past them in the their first round match-up. After that no way Buffalo makes it past Philly and Atlanta blows past the low TPE Hamilton and Montreal should be able to easily get pasted that old folks home. On the other side of the conference, Manhattan should easily beat Tampa Bay after playing so well in the regular season and ending up with 9 more points than them, after that Manhattan should be able to get past Atlanta since they've dominated the high TPE  Inferno all season long, not dropping a single game. That leads to a Montreal vs. Manhattan Eastern Conference Final where unfortunately the low forward TPE on Montreal catches up with them and Manhattan takes the Eastern Conference final (and then gets dominated by whoever wins the western conference because they're way better)

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Hockey Prompt – Take 3
Old White Hockey Dude #1: So I’m telling you there Jerry, there’s no way those top seeds just run wild like they usually do!
Old White Hockey Dude #2: No way Larry, the top seeds are the top seeds for the reason. They score the best and save the best!
Old White Hockey Dude #1: But everyone’s scoring the best this year, offensive is up by eleven billion percent this year! The run and gun will create all the chances! ALL OF THEM!
Old White Hockey Dude #2: OFFENSE SCMOFFENSE! THE HIGHER SEED TEAMS HAVE GRIT AND TENACITY! NONE OF THAT FANCY STATS MUMBO JUMBO. I know field reporter Evgeni Petrov will agree with me.
The camera feed cuts to Evgeni Petrov in the woods. He is wearing a kilt and a deer head on his head. He starts screaming in Russian before the feed cuts back.
Old White Hockey Dude #2: And just like that we’re banned, just like how lower seeds are banned from upsetting upper seeds!
Old White Hockey Dude #1: THAT’S IT JERRY I’LL FINISH YOU

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Player prompt – Written task

I was never known for my patience. In fact, you could say that I have a tendency to let my short temper get the better of me. In consequence, I tend to react poorly to aggressive reporters and trolls.

I’ve shared my opinion and response to critics many times on social media. In fact, I tend to lose a lot of time trying to answer to my critics and to trolls. On different occasions, I’ve even been asked by the team PR staff to take it easy on my social media presence for a time. They even tried to teach me how to manage my social media presence, but it wasn’t really successful because I still do things the same as I always did.

In the press room, I’m even worse. I tend to give polarising answers during interviews, so the reporters really like to try to get answers from me. If we win, I’m gonna say that the other team suck’s and that we are bond to win it all. If we are on a losing streak, I might say that it is because of a poor performance by the refs or because I’m not doing enough for the team. From time to time, when I get asked questions that really get on my nerves, I might even storm off the room while shooting at the reporters that they are a bunch of jerks and that they can’t do their jobs right.

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]

Hockey prompt

I'm just gonna go ahead and give short responses to each of the takes and judge their heat level.
Take 1: Judging by six out of the eight first round matchups being 2-0 so far, I can definitely see it, but it can honestly go either way, this take seems lukewarm.
Take 2: Montreal is ahead of Toronto in the standings and in goal differential so them winning the series wouldn't be an upset at all. They also finished only three points behind Buffalo so the idea of them maybe giving them a run for their money doesn't seem too farfetched. Cold take.
Take 3: I don't see this happening but then again we haven't seen what FHM 8 is truly capable of yet. Hot take.
Take 4: Even though it never feels like a hot take to say that Hamilton will go further than they should in the playoffs, the idea of LAP not making at least the conference finals and Hamilton getting past the 2nd round this season does seem like it should be very unlikely. Warm take.
Take 5: I can definitely see this happening a couple of seasons down the road, I like the direction that team is headed in, but right now I can't see them beating out Buffalo let alone Atlanta. Again though, who knows what will happen in the FHM 8 playoffs. Hot take
Take 6: I have no idea where to even begin. Now that's a spicy meatball.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Affiliate PBE PT

Toxic fans is not really something Rebecca Montagne has experienced yet. She wouldn't worry much about it, but she might be vengefull when she encounters them in real life. She did not get the nickname 'Becca The Wrecka' for nothing, so while she says she doesn't care, she will just take revenge later and by using her strength she know she can hurt the toxic fans more physically as that she could do online with words. Sometimes words can hurt, but with these fans it doesn't always work, so better to get physical then and show them she can not be messed with. Luckily her reputation exceeds her and she has not needed to do this in real life, but despite being a goalie, she might be one of the toughest fighters on the Aurora, so i would not advise testing this out as a fan. And with the low amount of toxicity received, I think the fans got the message.

Words: 164

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)