Create Account

S66 mPT #5: Chaos

Rotating GMs and players. Every season the GMs rotate completely randomly around the league while there also is a system to redistribute players around the league, with a certain percentage of each roster (I would go with 33%) being randomly re-assigned each season.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Writing about your player and the league is no longer the way to earn TPE. In order to earn TPE now you must train in real life and submit videos of your workouts in order to gain TPE. The grading team can reject any exercises that they deem weren't done correctly.

[ 52 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 06:04 AM by tomtommen. Edit Reason: typing )

Your task: WITHOUT totally destroying the league or making the file completely unusable, how do you cause as much chaos as possible in the league? What player stats, settings, or rules do you change to upend the results as much as possible?

I would demote the four worst teams in the SHL to SMJHL so we could get 16 teams in each. All players on those teams would be eligible for the draft. Same with all inactive players that have not been retired. All players would get a team. All players not needed in the SHL can be dropped down to SMJHL and all players not needed there could be dropped down to a talent pool. And then I’d set it so only the three best teams in each division qualify for the play offs with division winners entering in the second round. I would also put injuries on.

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Well it's tempting to go in an edit all of the Argos stats ahead of the playoffs but that would be too obvious when they try to figure out who did it. Instead, I'd abolish the bank. Delete every file related to it. When the real commissioner logs back on he'll have to figure it all out but if he wants to bring the bank back, everyone's balance will be at $0. He'll be forced to come up with a new system for TPE distribution.

END THE FED

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

There's one very simple setting that can bring along a lot of chaos and frustration in the league. And that's turning on injuries. FMH's injuries can happen to any player at any time, even outside of a game. Are seemingly completely random, and can force someone's player to sit out for an entire season.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Simple: I would probably give Sir Devoir godlike stats so he can be the best goalie in the SHL and lead the Platoon to an eventual championship. Also I would give him unlimited Stamina if that is possible.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Everyone has to skate backwards and then make every one the max speed making everyone fly around backwards while trying to score. This would at least make things interesting and the games closer

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Its actually very simple.  If you want to introduce some chaos, you extend the attribute earning chart.   We in the SHL stop it at 20, simply because that's what's most "realistic", but attributes have been able to go all the way to 40 for some time.

Want things to go superhuman?  Let us go above 20.

Everyone has their attributes set to max aggression and fighting, and also has their aggression slider set to maximum. Everyone just fights all the time with the occasional goal being scored. (31 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

I would cause as much chaos as possible in the league without breaking it by having everyone having 20 hitting, 20 fighting and 20 aggressiveness ratings so the league become the old NHL video game “NHL Hitz”

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I think in order to cause complete chaos in the league is to pump max stats into Fighting and Aggression! Every team avoids these stats like the plague and all within reason but it would be a blast to watch a week of sims where every team is at each other's throats and just racking up penalty minutes. We might have a handful of fights a season, let's just go royal rumble for a week and see who's got the iron fists!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

It's no secret that goalie numbers are way down in FHM8, so the first thing that I would do would be to adjust the in game average goals slider to try to get goalie save percentages back above .900

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

To create chaos, I would put the speed to all player at 20. We love speed, but with this, I would boost the goalies too and add a +5 to reflexes and positionning to all of them.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Injuries are on, baby. If we spend all this time professing that we're a real player sim with real player things, we need those injuries on. That said, there's more that would need to come with that--for example, I think you'd need to completely rework regression as a system if you turned injuries on, but in general--

let's crack some skulls.

Code:
WC: 61

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

In order to introduce as much chaos as possible in the league, I would anonimize all teams, players and results until the final day of the regular season. People will just have to guess who is who and how theyre doing.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty