Create Account

Using DALLE to recreate SHL Logos: Eastern Conference

Hello SHL, a couple weeks ago I got access to DALLE-2, which if you dont know what it is. The TLDR is "DALL·E 2 is a new AI system that can create realistic images and art from a description in natural language". So you can put almost anything you can imagine into the thing, and with enough tweaking and playing around with it, you can get an image. I have been using it for the couple of weeks, and thought if it could create logos, so the fun thing to do is to see if I can "recreate" SHL and SMJHL Logos with it, for fun. The pictures im showing is only a small amount of different varients I tried to do, I just picked the ones I liked the best.

I think DALLE could be a tool to help inspire GMs or people who get expansion teams for different logos or what they are thinking in their head into something they can give to a real artist to recreate and improve upon it. For a lot of the pictures, at a glance it looks dope, and then the further you get into it, the jankier the image becomes. Also with DALLE, especially with logos. Logos with animals are way better and way more respnsive than logos without an animal. As well trying to include "in a circle" messes with it as well.

Without further ado, lets get into it
(PS: DALLE is terrible with words)

Atlanta Inferno

Prompt: An sleek phoenix emerging from ashes, named inferno, fire palette, sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.49.56_-_An_sleek_pho...vector.png]

I think this one is a good representation of an animal that DALLE cant really do, because lot of the references are from not a real animal, but I think it did the best it can. Probably with more tweaking it could be something cool, but I think this one was doable, and could have provided inspiration.

Baltimore Platoon

Prompt :An eagles head , maroon dark blue and white palette, sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.53.05_-_An_eagles_he...vector.png]

I think this one lookeed the best. Doesnt really go with the platoon look, but I thought I got the closest with this.

An interesting thing i learned with Baltimore, is if you go even to "An eagles head within a circle, maroon dark blue and white palette, sports logo vector": The image gets WAY more worse

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.51.35_-_An_eagles_he...vector.png]

Buffalo Stampede

Prompt: A buffalos head , green and yellow palette, sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.55.17_-_A_buffalos_h...vector.png]

This is one of the ones that was kinda fucked to begin with. I wanted to stay true to the pallete, but it wasnt giving me much. But I thought it was funny enough to include. A better one would be
https://labs.openai.com/s/KHpvj7fs7Dv7xVy870A2g3RE

but it looked too similar to Manhattans'

Hamilton Steelhawk

Prompt: A fierce looking steelhawk looking to the right , sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.40.18_-_A_fierce_loo...ector_.png]

This one is also a bit janky, as a steelhawk probably doesnt have a lot of good references, and the text is really funny

Manhattan Rage

Prompt: A fierce looking bulls head and horns looking to the right, red palette , sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.39.06_-_A_fierce_loo...ector_.png]

I actaulyl really like this one, I think that it could actually have potential for it to be an actual logo one day. Its crazy an AI did this

Fancy Squidward

Montreal Patriotes

Prompt: A Montreal Man's head based off of Le Vieux de '37 , maroon palette, sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_17.00.28_-_A_Montreal_M...vector.png]

THis one is truly terrible, it does not do a logo with a face too well, or I just didnt put in the right levers to crank or whatever. But I thought it was funny and cool enough to call it a day

New England Wolfpack

Prompt:A fierce looking wolf head looking to the right, green and white, sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.38.24_-_A_fierce_loo...ector_.png]

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.38.45_-_A_fierce_loo...ector_.png]

I get to include 2 of these because its my own team. I think they both a pretty cool, they look like a wolf.

https://labs.openai.com/s/qpNKtlGjvsbXl8FKYVaO4Vpn

that one is also funny as well

Philadelphia Forge

Prompt: An hammer shaped as the letter P surrounded by a shield, orange and red palette, sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_16.42.11_-_An_hammer_sh...vector.png]

This one is funny, but I dont know what else I could put into the machine to churn out anything like phillys. This one looks like a repair service. Like Phillips Repair Service. Obviously the AI is a lot better with animals than inanimate objects.

Tampa Bay Barracuda

Prompt: A fierce barracuda head, pink and ocean blue palette, sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_17.03.28_-_A_fierce_bar...vector.png]

Honestly a lot of the Barracuda logos are trash, it just couldnt get the fish aspect as much as it can with others. It just doenst look great,

Toronto North Stars

Prompt: CN Tower with a maple leaf behind it, surrounded by a circle, white and blue palette, sports logo vector

[Image: DALLE_2022-08-15_17.05.40_-_CN_Tower_wit...vector.png]

This one actually turned out better than I thought. The one circle logo that turned out well, I am suprised. It is just very basic

So thats really it. Western Conference and SMJHL Soon

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

fuck the Shalkhaws imo

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

BAFLLO BUFFFFO

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Looks better than our current logo though

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

That Barracuda logo is pretty rad as anything else except a logo for a team called Barracuda.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

The Forge one looks like it would be a cool kit for a soccer team.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Toronto is the clean one, but the Barracuda is scary lol

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]