Create Account

All of my Fellow GM's (IIHF/WJC/SMJHL/SHL. All of you)

I originally was going to post this as a thunderdome directed towards all of the hostility and toxicity that seems to exist around those of us who voluntarily take up the mantle as "GM" or "Co-GM".  Instead I decided to direct that energy in a more positive spin.   As such, here we are.

While this site absolutely wouldn't exist without the activity of its players, it truly is an amazing thing to want to take on the added pressure of being a leader among those players.  As managers we are responsible for maintaining order and discipline within the confines of the rules as well as the boundaries of our own morale compass to ensure that those players...those individuals who are in our charge are able to enjoy the day in, and day out here in the SHL without fear or concern of being ostracized, bullied or oppressed.

We do this all while recognizing that, to an extent, we are expected to be perfect.  The penalties for breaking rules is far stricter and more abundant for management than there are for players.  Yes.  There are definitely times where we blink and miss something.  We duck instead of dive and goof up and in turn get a penalty for it.  There are often times, yes, even when its talked about how GM's will try to "screw" over others via trades, free agent acquisitions or other nonsense and it can be true when the feeling of competitiveness is at its high points (important drafts, playoff windows, etc)...but overall in the end we are all the same.

We spend our extra hours of personal time studying player earnings, looking at upcoming drafts, reviewing team history with our staffs, reading....and re-reading...and re-reading the rulebooks because we want to make sure we haven't missed something (and as mentioned before it still happens), and looking at tactics and how we can improve our lines during the daily sims.

It is hard.  It is hard mentally and it is definitely hard physically to go through the grind of it every single day.  Its no doubt, over time that eventually it can build up too much and weigh especially heavy on mental health...and by proxy, physical health.  We've all seen it an increase lately while, as a community, we've become more open and understanding that mental health is a definite thing to not be ignored.  My friends in SMJHL HO I'm sure can recall, in private, back in March my own small breakdown that I'm not ashamed to admit here when things were getting particularly tough and overbearing.

Despite all this, we continue and we encourage others to take up this position.  My fellow GM's (past and present), I just want to say that in the simplest form of everything, you are ALL AMAZING and the SHL is fortunate to have such a talented group of selfless individuals.

That's all. 

Heart

Dammit @Chevy you're supposed to add fuel to the fire, not remind us of all the good things.

❤️

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Well said. You're doing the Lord's work (fitted)

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Well said and appreciated @Chevy

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Heck you...

...for making me tear up at work, you bastard

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Good to see some love this time Smile

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

thx

-honorably discharged lethbridge lions co gm

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

Gross…positivity? Cringe.

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

This is very well said.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 05:39 PM by spooked.)

We all stupid tbh, the fact that we put ourselves in the cross fire is proof enough

Ban Wonderdome!

Really, thank you to all the GM's. I've never been a GM here because I understand the commitment required just to do the bare minimum let alone succeed. I appreciate all of the work and the effort to help keep your team (and league) running.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

defund the wonderdome chevy is trying to make me cry

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

@Ace tries to screw me every off-season.

<3 this post

[Image: Wally.png]

<3

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

USA! USA! USA!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]