Create Account

S66 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 10:48 PM by Steelhead77. Edited 2 times in total.)

1 Trivia: Verification word - Parm

2. Written Grab Bag: A) I think both Atlanta and Seattle deserve to be in the finals, both had good seasons and are new names in the finals which is great for the league. Both are capable of winning but I'd have to say Atlanta has the edge. Their GM Hotdog has been around a while and I know has been working hard for this, I think he capitalizes and brings it home for Atlanta but it's going to be a tight series. Seattle could take it, but I think Atlanta has a few more intangibles that will help them take it home in the end.

3. Written, 3 TPE: To promote the S66 playoffs I would start an add campaign showing the past SHL superstars that won the cup with their incredibly hot wives. We all know star hockey players get the hottest women, so why not capitalize on this for our mainly male audience. Sure this is not all-encompassing but it's just for fun. I'd show highlight videos of the stars who won the cup celebrating with the cup an their incredible hot wives. Not anything distasteful or anything just scenes that show a superstar SHL athlete at the top of his game both on the ice and off. The slogan would be "The Ultimate Goal-Reap the Rewards" or something along those lines. I'm spitballing here so don't judge me lol. But yeah you get the point, who doesn't appreciate beautiful women, now couple that with the stanley cup and you have an ad campaign that gets people talking and paying attention.

4. Written, 3 TPE: The question of what SMJHL team could beat an SHL team in a 7 game series is certainly an interesting one. I'm sure there's been some super high tpe SMJHL teams with a lot of send downs in the FHM era because things work differently now than in the old days, but I'm going back to the SHL era for this one. The S23 Detroit Falcons of the SMJHL could beat that Tampa Bay team from the early S50's that went 0-50 and only scored like 40 goals all season. That was a really terrible SHL team, even worse than this past seasons Edmonton Blizzard. The S23 Detroit Falcons, a team that I GM'd won the championship that season and the presidents trophy and boasted some all time great SHL players like Big Manius and Alex Mack among others, it was a really great roster and we had some now high profile members who were just getting their starts back then. I don't know if this was the greatest SMJHL team ever, probably not, but it was certainly a great team who could do some serious damage.

5. Written, 3 TPE: Calgary always find a way to get a competitive edge over their opponents and this coming season will be no different! In the past it has been PEP's (Performance Enhancing Parms) but they have since been banned and there's now strict testing, but Calgary has other means to gain an edge. This coming season they are introducing a special bikini section behind the opposing players bench right against the glass and also directly across from the opposing players bench in direct sight line when sitting on the bench. This will completely derail their opponents as they will have boobs on the brain and not be able to focus on hockey. Every man knows his distracting boobs are and a bunch of hot women in bikinis everytime you come off the ice is going to derail them. It's a virtual gaurantee and I would not be surprised to see Calgary go 33-0 at home next season.

21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE:
The incredibly valuable object based on the Calgary Dragons would have to be a Golden Chicken Parm! They have a rich history around the chicken parm and their arena is named The BIG Parm with a giant parm at center ice so this is an easy choice! The Golden Chicken Parm would a 6 foot chicken parm sub made of 24k gold. It would be held in the dungeon of The BIG Parm arena protected by a mechanical dragon that breaths flaming hot tomato sauce on any intruders. There would also be a mote of flaming hot tomato sauce lava and piping hot mozzarella cheese dripping from the ceiling. These elements would protect the Golden Chicken Parm and if somehow you got past these you'd then have to fight all-time SHL great Esa Anrikkanen in a cage match to the death. This is probably the safest relic of all-time and obviously the most coveted object in SHL lore and history.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

1. Yuh
7. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3259205

Germany Elk Aurora [Image: vKrOFwy.png] [Image: VbtOVyg.png] Aurora Elk Germany

[Image: Thunder39.gif]

PBE CW +3 TPE

S66 Milestones +3 TPE

Task 1 Trivia +3 TPE
Verification Word: yeet
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 11:48 PM by juniped. Edited 5 times in total.)

Trivia
Kappa

2b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

Honestly Goalies are super volatile. I would make sure to not get in in the way of any of the superstitions that the Golie has. Don’t get into his routing and don’t mess with any of his pre-game rituals. If you’re atlanta, perhaps the best way to beat the Goalie is to cripple his defense. If you manage to make him off balance with a lack of defense maybe you stand a chance

2c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

If you’re atlanta It’s obvious. The clear goal to knock out the offense is to take your biggest, strongest player and have them target the best defensive players on Seattle. If you manage to knock them out for a simple fight or even injure them in a way to knock them out for the rest of the tournament, then it’s super simple to win.

8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Highlight Reel
https://i.imgur.com/VLzz9kP.png

9. Graphic, 3 TPE, Motivational
https://i.imgur.com/CRkPP3A.png

10. Graphic, 3 TPE, Mulligan
https://i.imgur.com/MjEZi1E.png

13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
https://i.imgur.com/SaEgo3F.jpg

Milestones: (2 TPE)

Defensemen
Hits: 82 or more (143)
Give Aways (GvA): 7 or fewer (6)

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 12:11 AM by Nike. Edited 5 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Nike

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?
Atlanta is probably going to win it all. They have been a force pretty much all season and have had no problems running through their conference for the balance of almost the entire year. While Seattle has had quite the run this offseason, this is likely where the buck stops for those guys and gals. It has been a really incredible SHL Challenge Cup Playoffs and this seems like the year that Atlanta gets to take home their cup.

Code:
b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?
Seattle really has to be focusing on keeping Atlanta out of the danger areas to keep Miller successful here in the finals. Atlanta has been great putting the puck in the net all season and will not be a tough out here in the cup finals. I would expect that Willie is going to have to stand on his head a few times to give Seattle a chance to take the cup back to the pacific northwest.

Code:
c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?
Depth is the most important attribute in all of playoff hockey. Top end talent wins regular season games. Depth filled teams are the ones that are successful when the games matter most. The differences felt when you have deep lines like Atlanta are numerous. Seattle is going to have to dig deep to keep up with the stacked lineup that Atlanta is icing this post season.

Code:
d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?
Staying out of the box is always important. And Seattle has shown this post season that a single trip to the box can be an absolute dagger to a team trying to make their way to the Cup finals. If Atlanta wants to take home the title, they are going to have to stay out of the box and win the special teams game. 5 on 5 hockey will be important in this series, but it feels like the special teams game even more so important given Seattle's playoff performance on the powerplay.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Secret Weapon (150 words min)
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.
When you have a roster as old as we have in Chicago, there are no magic tricks. There's just good old fashion effort and drive. Getting a competitive edge next season starts the minute that the conference finals ended for our roster. While some of our players are getting older in age, they are also some of the most effective and efficient physical fitness gurus that you have ever seen. Guys will be spending loads of time this offseason in the gym. And I would expect that even more of our roster will be focusing their efforts into on ice work to ensure that the Syndicate have one of the most talented and prepared rosters on opening night of next season. I expect you will also see some moves from the front office that will help fill some of the gaps from players that choose not to come back to Chicago. I expect that the fellas in Chicago are going to be right back in contention with another strong offseason under our belts.

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3259213

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animal Rescue (150 words min.)
Your player has been asked to use some of their immense pro-athlete wealth to open up an animal rescue! Lucky for you, the type of animal was not specified, so it’s your call! What kind of animal does your player want to protect and why? Is it something you find cute? Something that actually needs help? Or do you just want a herd of llamas on hand to threaten your enemies with? As a graphic task, show me your player hard at work tending to whatever animals you’ve chosen.
One of the most challenging parts of living in Chicago for me is being away from the ocean. Sure, the great lakes are nearby, but they just don't have that same feeling as the ocean. One of the things that is so incredible about the ocean is its wildlife. And I am partial to one of the worlds most majestic creatures, the sea turtle. With an opportunity to impact the lives of animals due to my generational wealth from being a professional hockey player, I have decided to open up Chicago's first sea turtle rehabilitation center. Sea turtles will be transported from anywhere in the United States that they cannot receive first class treatment to get their rehab in Chicago. The facility will be equipped with the best tanks for turtles to come and learn to swim. It will have access to the best medical minds in veterinary medicine and we will employ tons of oceanographers to help us understand how we can best serve these magnificent creatures. Its a privilege to be able to impact the lives of animals that would otherwise have no chance in the great wild ocean.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 12:54 AM by Kylrad. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

past

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

I think Atlanta wins it all, they've been a good team for a while now and that was without being near the top in tpe and they went even further in recent seasons with a finals loss and are only getting better. They finished 1st in the regular season and historically I think one of the top 2 regular season teams have often won in fhm

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

I guess the cliche hockey answer of get bodies to the net is the best one, get some screens maybe slash him maybe even injure him that could work, keep shooting from anywhere and everywhere and eventually it will go in. Atlantas the better team I think so as long as they keep up the pressure it should eventually pay off.

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

In these situations when you're the team with the weaker depth I think its important to try and play your top players as much as possible as long as they're as good and hopefully better then the other teams top players, if their depth is spread out and the other team can stack a line to try and take advantage of it and hopefully get an opportunity somewhere.

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

I think its a good thing for both teams as having a good powerplay is always a nice thing but having reliable even strength scoring is also great, i'd personally rather be the team with the consistent even strength scoring that doens't have to rely on their powerplay as you never know what kind of calls you might get or not get.

4. Written, 3 TPE, League vs. League (150 words min.)
Could any SMJHL team in history (if they were NOT capped at their usual 350/425 builds) have beaten any SHL team in history a 7 game series? Why or why not? What historical teams do you think are good candidates for this trial? Who do you think is the best team in SMJHL history and the worst team in SHL history? Would the J team have a chance? Make your case!

I'll only stick to fhm history for this since remembering all the way back in league history would be a pain and also probably less likely in terms of players didnt stay down as long and bank as much tpe in the SMJHL compared to now. But on the other hand an upset in STHS is more likely than fhm so maybe that could even it up again. I think SHL wise the team that comes to mind would be the famous 0-50 Tampa Bay Barracuda, I think this seasons Edmonton team also seems to have one of the lowest average tpe teams I can remember, theres probably some other good candidates. As for SMJHL its tough since I don't remember exactly which teams had tons of high banked players as a top team that won in the smjhl could simply have had a bunch of 425s but not 900's in this uncapped world. I imagine any of the Newfoundland teams with their insane regular season records would have a good chance, maybe the one around that s53 s54 core, the same could be said for that Detroit team in the first season of FHM, especially if they could have a build advantage over other SHL teams at the time. Theres probably some good anchorage teams too that could do it.

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
milestones +1

16. Written, 2 TPE, Top Line (100 words min.)
Create the best line you can using real life or SHL hockey players from your player’s home country. Give me 3F, 2D and a G– and a short description of why you chose who you did!

Now this is is an easy one for Team Korea or Japan with SHL hockey players. Daniel Smeb, Kit Smeb, Chico Smeb, Khan Smeb and Parker Smeb would make up the elite top 5 skaters of the team, and since most of them are exceptionally talented they could fill in every position as seen by Parker playing both forward and defense in the SHL and even winning some Stevens. All the Smeb's obviousally have pre existing synergy from their many years playing together, and Daniel, Kit and Parker even have cup winning experience together to provide that veteran leadership. Khan Smeb was pushed out of the SHL for attitude reasons but is still quite a force, and Chico is a great team mascot. We can't forget the most important position of goalie led by steve craig smeb, this team will be unstoppable.

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

I don't think there was much surprising in this playoffs at all, even less than usual it seems by FHM standards, seems like every series went as most would predict with the exception of Seattles run to the finals going through all of SFP, LAP and CHI, but even then its not like SEA was some slouch of a team, so i guess them beating them all is the main surprising thing rather than winning 1 or even 2 of them. I also expected the Winnipeg, New Orleans series to be closer but its always hard to tell if the series score actually represents how the series went.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 01:31 AM by dogwoodmaple. Edited 5 times in total.)

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
dogwood

When it comes to getting a competitive edge this offseason, the name of the game in Toronto is physical fitness.  I'm not just talking about working consistent gym visits, but a laser focus on getting in the best possible shape.  We want to play at a really fast pace this coming season and having the best athletic attributes as well as the best endurance in the league will serve us well.  While other teams have their hands on their knees and are barely able to continue skating, we'll be in tip-top shape and absolutely firing on all cylinders.  That's why this offseason is so important.  We can potentially get a huge edge without even talking about our actual hockey skills, which will be among the league's best.  When everyone else is sleeping in or just doing normal training, we'll be up at the crack of dawn and working hard until the sun goes down.  We will be the most physically fit roster in all of hockey and it will have a direct correlation with success.  We'll outskate you, outwork you, and have more left in the tank - go North Stars!
(190 words)

6. Written, 3 TPE, Curse (150 words min.)
If I could invent a curse, it would be two-fold.  First, the team who scored the most goals in the preceding season would be required to score 10% fewer goals in the next season.  That means that once they hit their mandated allotment, they are forbidden to score a goal the rest of the regular season.  Talk about something that will help parity!  The other part would impact the individual leading goal scorer, who would be required to have a lower shooting percentage and score fewer goals than the year before.  In a similar manner, when that player's shooting percentage gets too high, they will automatically miss any shot until it gets lower than last year and once they score one fewer goal than the previous season, they are not allowed to score again in the regular season.  This would not only add much needed parity, but it would result in some bittersweet awards.  If a player wins MVP thanks to their scoring prowess, they could be in for a huge step back the next season due to the Curse.  It would definitely add a nice wrinkle!
(187 words)

7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (+3 TPE)
Milestones link

18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
One of the big things that stuck out to me in the playoffs was the sheer number of blowout series.  There were a trio of sweeps in the first round with another pair of matchups that only went to five games. In the second round, three of the four series were sweeps, not to mention that the semis and finals never went beyond six games.  I don't know if it was the new engine, a lack of playoff parity, or just unfortunate luck, but it was very much a boring postseason from a competitive balance perspective.  I hope we get more back and forth matchups this coming season and I think we definitely will with everyone having more experience with the new sim.
(123 words)

23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
This one is near and dear to my heart - all of my goals, dreams, and aspirations revolve around my family and what I hope for them.  We're all incredibly close and I truly take joy in their successes.  That's why my number one goal, dream, etc. would be for my family to find success in whatever it is they're doing.  I was fortunate enough to grow up really close to a lot of my extended family and just about all of us have a great relationship with one another.  Plus, my immediate family are definitely my biggest supporters and I wouldn't have near the amount of success in life without them, so I'd love to see that get repaid.
(119 words)

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 01:42 AM by Symmetrik. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

sadness

Code:
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can run this one again!. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  
LINK: https://www.craiyon.com/

[Image: unknown.png?width=885&height=670]

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)
Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!

For the Winnipeg Aurora, I had a pretty short list of 2 word names, none of which made any particular sense. But into the 3 word names, well, that's where some things caught my attention. Scrolling through, after a while of looking through the A's, I got to the first word being Europa. DING! I've played more than enough Destiny 2. Europa, a moon of Jupiter. Well, given the PBE just put a team on our moon, why not reach further into the galaxy? A perfect pick. The team name then, didn't really leave me with a whole lot of options. But I did have a few words, so I chose, Rain Wing. The Europa Rain Wing. I don't really know what that means, but it feels like it would be a logo of a bird or something. I don't know all that much about Europa, I don't really think there's much life there. But like an ice rain bird? Sounds like a pretty cool logo. Just imagine like a more angry looking Articuno or something.

Quote:176 words

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Treasure Trove (150 words min.)
If you had to create an incredibly valuable object based on your team, what would it be? Think “the kind of thing that Indiana Jones would be trying to get his grimy little mitts on”. Give me a description and come up with some fun team brand related traps or tricks you could use to protect it from all those people with grimy little mitts. As a graphic task, show me what this object looks like, and depict some of its security around it.

For Winnipeg, we of course would have to go with something based on outer space. The Aurora is named for the Aurora Borealis, the Northern Lights, which is an astronomical phenomenon. I think we could go with some kind of space rock based thing. A meteor of some sort that carries with it some kind of magical properties. It would be like a Pokemon evolution stone, but for like, energy. It's like this super charged rock that brings the powers of space magic to make massive upgrades to the efficiency, renewability, and capabilities of existing energy infrastructure. The Aurora use the space rock to power their arena, hiding the rock deep below the arena, protected by "black hole" traps which are really just big holes but it's dark so they're black and there is no coming back from them. There's also the resident robot bear, powered by the rock that patrols the depth of the arena and keeps out unwanted guests.

Quote:161 words

Code:
22. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Animal Rescue (150 words min.)
Your player has been asked to use some of their immense pro-athlete wealth to open up an animal rescue! Lucky for you, the type of animal was not specified, so it’s your call! What kind of animal does your player want to protect and why? Is it something you find cute? Something that actually needs help? Or do you just want a herd of llamas on hand to threaten your enemies with? As a graphic task, show me your player hard at work tending to whatever animals you’ve chosen.

Christian Kinsinger loves animals. They are all so cute and adorable and he wishes he could save every animal. He can only pick one for this rescue though, and what Kinsinger would choose is wolves. Wolves are beautiful creatures, but not only are they cute and gorgeous, but incredibly intelligent creatures. Kinsinger has always loved wolves, so the chance to help any wolves that need rescuing was an easy decision. If the SHL schedule wasn't so demanding, Kinsginer would absolutely own a huskie just because of the resemblance. Of course, helping the wolves is priority number one, but if Kinsinger's enemies ever wanted to get carried away, having a pack of wolves behind you is something interesting. Earning the trust of the wolves in need of help, you could build your own pack. Wolves are incredible and I can only imagine how god damn cool it would be to help a wolf enough that it considers you part of it's pack.

Quote:161 words

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

trivia: hello

3. I think that the next big add campaign will be “Who’s got next?” It will be a massive multimedia campaign. Billboards will feature huge images of the Challenge Cup with big block letters of the slogan. TV ads will feature highlight reels of top teams of both past and present. It will show fans reactions to heartbreaking losses each time accompanied by the ad campaign’ slogan. We also will go all out on licensing deals and many ad efforts will also be accompanied by “welcome to the jungle”. The theme will center around the struggle and pure grit required to both make and win the playoffs. Challenging each team to take the next spot as the new SHL Champions. We will also use the usual channels with sponsorships for content creators, sports channels, radio spots and as many creative avenues as possible to get the hype up the playoffs and the league and attract new fans.

5. The newest way to ensure victory is magnets. Every heard the phrase, “the post is a goalie’s best friend?” Well by putting magnets in goal post of which ever side we are defending it will ensure that the opposition’s shots will hit the post more than ever. Now, you may ask, won’t that only work for 2 periods since you will switch goals, or won’t magnets not be strong enough? These are legitimate concerns. However, this won’t matter since we will be using electromagnets which can be turned on and off at will and are much stronger than usual fridge magnets. Placed in both goals we can turn them on and off as it benefits our team. We can also turn it off so when the opposition shoots it will actually bounce instead of just sticking to the post. It is a perfect plan because it is easily hidden and will benefit us at home just enough to make sure we win the home games at least.

6. We at Regina had a curse once. The curse of McLavish the back-up goal tender. He was a 150 TPE goalie who would regularly replace Regina’s greatest starters if the GM wasn’t paying attention. Even the highest paid goalie in the SMJHL was commonly usurped by this highly charismatic devil. He wasn’t a very good goalie but his good looks and convincing words somehow kept him in the league and starting way more often than we ever should. He would occasionally win some games, but he kept many a Regina from being great. Eventually, we signed an actual player to be the new BUG but he will forever be remembered as a warning sign for all GMs to be aware of their lines and make sure they are playing the optimal players and not just the sweet talking best looking ones otherwise all of your players will be replaced with generic hockey guys who might play in your beer league.

SMJHL Milestones +2: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....id32592474

14/16

[Image: BtI4G9Q.png]

16/16

SHL/SMJHL Finals

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)
There’s been some great Stanley Cup Playoff marketing campaigns over the years. Lots of us probably know the “Because it’s the Cup” series of commercials, for example. Well for the S66 playoffs we’ve really turned on the money faucet and we want YOU to give us the next great playoff ad campaign. Tell me how you’d go about promoting the S66 SHL playoffs in a way that will have people talking about it for years to come.

For this playoff series, we just directly rip off Game of Thrones marketting with spliced up between seasons.  Seattle will be portrayed by the Greyjoys and the Velaryons.  We'll just put the Argonaut logo over their house crests and edit some jerseys on them.  Atlanta will be portrayed by the Targaryens from both.  Again, we'll replace the logo and add jerseys, but we'll also add a ton of flaming feathers to the dragons to make them look like phoenixes.

We will also cut in some icy north footage where the white walkers are referees and they send people into the penalty box... violently.  The cup will be imposed over the iron throne and we'll make up some really shoddy footage of members of each team seizing the cup throne.

Everything we save from filming we will spend in copyright fees.  And everything we don't spend will go straight into my pocket.  If we go over budget (no way, this is Hollywood), then I am nowhere to be found.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, League vs. League (150 words min.)
Could any SMJHL team in history (if they were NOT capped at their usual 350/425 builds) have beaten any SHL team in history a 7 game series? Why or why not? What historical teams do you think are good candidates for this trial? Who do you think is the best team in SMJHL history and the worst team in SHL history? Would the J team have a chance? Make your case!

I have two teams in mind and I was on both of them.  Our crow dynasty from S44 to S46 was untouchable although I'm not about to dig up a ton of stats.  To be specific, we will pull the S45 team when we still had most of the gang together and I was a little more established (also I was the captain).  We finished 28-21-1 but pulled out a 4-2 series win over the first place Detroit (31-17-2 on the season).

On the other hand, I rode through some very low points on the Winnipeg Jets / Aurora.  Let's cherry-pick S60 when we went 17-44-5 on the season and finished in second to last place.  On that squad, I finished with a cool -45 and only a single goal.

Many of the S45 crows did fizzle out their careers and some of the S66 Aurora went on to have a lot of success elsewhere.  However, a team that proved itself in at least 9 straight series (including many against higher seeds) vs a bottom feeder in the FHM era... I take my glory days on this one.

Code:
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

The secret training sauce will be following the Slip McScruff approach to longevity.  He will share all his tips for sneaking more minutes (or hours) of sleep while the coach expects you to be at practice.  He has tips about not working too hard to preserve your fragile body.  He has even more tips about diet and excercise, and how to avoid all the inconvenient aspects of them.

The goal is not a strong victory, but instead a very slow decline.  Eventually, everyone you have played with will retire and you will have the last laugh.  You will play with their children and their children's children.  We will have a squad of players that make you say "huh, they are still alive".  In that moment, you have won.

Also, maybe a bit of nepotism to get them training money.  The extra shift at arena concessions, the cushy no show job as a parking attendant, the "media promotion tours".  All these ways to inject money in their veins will give the team the extra edge in lasting longer where it counts.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Curse (150 words min.)
We’ve heard of the “President’s Trophy Curse” in which the top team of the regular season has a very hard time closing the deal in the playoffs and often ends up losing. If you could invent a curse and attach it to any other league event– what would it be and why? No Challenge Cup winner shall ever repeat? Anyone who wins the goal scoring title is doomed to 4% shooting next season? Get creative and give your curse a fun name!

The curse is going to be a physical curse in real life.  It is based on the drinking game Thunderstruck.  In this game, everyone gathers in a circle and one person starts to drink.  Every time they say "thunder" in the song, that person stops and the next starts up.  There are a few times where someone is left holding the bag until the chant starts back up.

This curse is like that, but transmitted based on hits in game.  Everytime a hit is registered, the curse passes on to the skater being hit.  Once the curse holder plays their last game of the season / post-season, they are stuck holding the bag until they play again.  If they retire, it reverts back to the most recent, active curse holder.

The curse entails annoying bad luck wherein they are more likely to get static shocked in their daily life.  It's still just called Thunderstruck because it's electricity and they have been struck to receive the curse.

Code:

+2 - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3259237

Beyond Prompts

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

I am still stuck on my urbanism bender.  Specifically, I read all of Strong Towns this past weekend and it prompts a lot of thought about where municipalities are investing their money.  I'm hoping for my city to take a strong stance against exclusionary zoning and that I can participate by purchasing a reasonsibly dense unit.  It is a tricky line to walk because people with the means exclude themselves from the densification which forces more radical density on those without the means.  Rather than forcing all density into huge towers, I want the opportunity to buy into a gentler density multiplex in the uptown near where I live now.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]