Create Account

S66 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 01:47 PM by tweedledunn. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
zero

Code:
13. Graphic, 1 TPE, crAIyon? More like CWaiyon!
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can run this one again!. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun!  
LINK: https://www.craiyon.com/
[Image: s9v1BuY.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 04:51 PM by Briedaqueduc. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
jhajJwrjWAJ

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?
a. It is very interesting that this happened, but realistically the Atlanta Inferno is definitely the front runners. They were better in the regular season, and unlike Seattle they have been in the finals already previously, with somewhat the same roster, so they have the experience edge over them. There is not really anything favouring Seattle here unfortunately for them, they will need a miracle.
64 words

b. Atlanta has to shoot as much as they can to destabilize Wille Miller. Eventually, it will go in and it will break his mental. Feeling like the opposite team is consistently testing you can really take a toll on you, and it is tough to stay focused in these times. Seattle has to get their defensive core to block some of those to help the mental of the goalkeeper, and they have to keep the turnovers down to stay in the game.
82 words.

c. As the Seattle Argonauts you just need to play possession and keep turnovers down as much as possible, to not let the opponent play with the puck. You also need to not go in every shit giving your 100 percent, or you'll be too tired to face the depth of the Atlanta Inferno. As Atlanta, you need your lines to get the other team tired so your other lines can go in and make goals on a tired team.
79 words.

d. If Seattle traps Atlanta into taking penalties, it could be very good for them. But Atlanta is smart and they will know this, and they know that all they need to do is get the strong players tired, and then their better depth will take care of it. They just need to stay cool and win later on in the game. 
61 words

Code:
7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
3 Milestones

Code:
In the spirit of the insanely easy ring task that stayed around forever, we can run this one again!. Try using OpenAI’s DALL E Mini (now known as crAIyon) to generate a Challenge Cup related image. It could be a championship ring, your player lifting the cup, a locker room celebration. Go nuts as long as you’re attempting to make it SHL related! The results will be weird, but it’s fun! 
this is new england wolfpack hockey team winning the cup
[Image: unknown.png]

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

Honestly these playoffs went mostly as people thought, besides Seattle being the team in the finals, I think most people saw the Chicago Syndicate as the finalists and we would have had a redo of the finals from a couple seasons ago. Atlanta being the winners is definitely something that was coming though, with them being the best team in regular season. Honestly I am even surprised they got a game off of the Inferno, it did not look like they ever had a chance. The engine switch looked pretty good to me, visually it is a little clunky but it seems like its fixable for the most part.

109 words

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)
Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!
With the New England Wolfpack, I was able to do the Fowl Pack. Pretty similar, but very different animal. Fowl is like the group that chickens belong to, along with some other birds that are similar to it. If we ever wanted to expand the Simulation Hockey League Market into Africa, we could make a team in eastern Africa, where the Guinea Fowl are natives. They have black feathers, but their heads are feather less and blue. So the uniforms could be entirely black, and the helmet blue, to mimic the animal. It would definitely be a weird branding but it would be original.
With my Junior team, the Anchorage Armada, I can do the Aachen Armada Org (org for organization of course). It is not really that much different, I know, but it is the best I could do and it would bring the Simulation Hockey League to Europe, which would be cool. I guess you are stuck with the whole boat thing still, but I would go with colors that is reminiscent of Germany, even though it does not have much to do with boats.

187 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. I'm not sure many people would have seen this coming. Two teams that joined the league at the same time, both making the finals and competing against each other for their franchise-first cup. So... who do think wins it all? The first time to the Challenge Cup Seattle Argonauts, that have been dismantling higher seeded teams through their entire playoff run? Or the President's Trophy winning Atlanta Inferno that are back with a vengeance after a S64 Challenge Cup defeat?

b. You can't talk about Seattle's run without talking about the dominant performance of starting goaltender Willie Miller, who has posted a .935 SV% heading into the finals. If your Atlanta, how do you solve this brick wall? If your Seattle, what do you do to make sure your guy stays hot?

c. Atlanta's big storyline is their incredible depth. They have eleven players that have logged 10 or more points so far in the playoffs. If you're Seattle, how do you try to contain three lines of unending offensive pressure? If you're Atlanta, how do you ensure everyone is able to continue to contribute against such a stellar defense?

d. Seattle's powerplay has been on fire contributing 14 goals up to this point, which comes out to almost 30% of their goals scored (50G total) in these playoffs. Atlanta on the other hand have managed just 5 power play goals, which is only 5% of their scoring (59G total). In your opinion-- is this a good thing for Seattle, or a good thing for Atlanta? Maybe a good thing for both? Do you think a dynamic team like Seattle that can capitalize on so many of their PP chances will lead to Atlanta playing scared-- worried about what might happen if they enter the box? Do you think a relentless Atlanta team that is so flush with even strength scoring is going to be too much for Seattle to take?

A. Even though I know Atlanta already won its hard to stop a team punching above its weight. That's been Seattle's mindset for a long time, its in a tough western division so it is used to hitting hard and fast. Atlanta is in a traditionally weaker division so they have always had a better tuned schedule to when their hot over when Seattle is. I would have picked Seattle to win it all, just on strength of character.

B. You beat a hot goaltender by rolling a strong 3rd and 4th line but since we don't have that, you put your best grinders and front loaded D men right in his face all night and screen and keep him on his toes. Nothing from the point, just shooting from the slot or from behind the net. Keep him occupied.

C. If you are Atlanta, you play your game. What you are doing is working so you roll with it until it suddenly isn't. If you are Seattle, you look to take away the wings and cut their passing down, they can't get the puck forward then they can't get into those scoring zones.

D. Kinda a trick question here but I don't think it would cause Atlanta to play scared. Its going to cause them to back off maybe but not play scared. Maybe it benefits Seattle if their able to force Atlanta to draw penalties against themselves but its not like either team is flush with guys who take penalties.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)
There’s been some great Stanley Cup Playoff marketing campaigns over the years. Lots of us probably know the “Because it’s the Cup” series of commercials, for example. Well for the S66 playoffs we’ve really turned on the money faucet and we want YOU to give us the next great playoff ad campaign. Tell me how you’d go about promoting the S66 SHL playoffs in a way that will have people talking about it for years to come.

I really liked Toronto's 'Stand Witness' campaign during their centennial and I think that would have been an amazing ad campaign for the league as well. My dream ad campaign would start out with the origins of hockey and players playing it on a frozen lake in the 1890s, lifting the first challenge cup, celebrating with their fans and family and have it slowly fade in to today. Super imposed with the many Challenge Cup Champions over the years, showing the progression of time as each Captain lifts the cup while fans at home listen on the radio, watch on TV in front of a store, in their living room or in a bar. The voiceover actor saying something like "Time may pass, but the Champions are never forgotten." The end screen fades to black except for an outline of the Challenge Cup and the date of game one of the playoffs in white under it.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE, Secret Weapon (150 words min)
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

When you finish dead last in the league and then take stock on how bad you did, of course the first thing you're gonna think about is how to make the opponent's lives a living nightmare. The first is obvious, we can't make them play in Edmonton in winter, that is already our nightmare. So what we have in store is much more evil and that is we are going to hire ninjas who will break into the visiting team's locker room and remove their skate grinding wheel. Just the wheel, and replace it with a harder stone. What this will do is chip the skates of the opponent just enough to cause them skating issues and playing issues. They more than likely will not have packed a replacement sharpening stone for their machine and we certainly won't have a spare on hand for the opposing team. Its just cruel enough and petty enough to work.

Quote:7. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+2 TPE for Milestones

Quote:18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator! Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

I think its time I let the league in on a secret, I don't think I have ever watched or been really interested in the playoffs for any team other than my own since I joined. The engine switch doesn't bother me, though I do miss STHS. Atlanta and Seattle being in the finals, that surprised me a little but not really because having been a member of Seattle I knew it was a matter of time, their a great run team. Atlanta too, they were on the cusp last year and it was great to see them come back and strike while their iron was hot.

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)
Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?

Honestly right now I am dreaming about not being in pain. I am a large gentleman so I am in pain a lot from that, its a great motivator for folks who think their getting fat, it sucks. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I am also dealing with a roommate who is having issues with no outlet so it all get dumped on me. I hope it gets better for him so that he gets a healthier outlet for his issues. My dreams are depressing I know and I apologize for that. I have just learned that aiming high sees you cut down and I am tired of trying.

Task 1 - 3 TPE
Verification Word: Gibson

Task 5 - 3 TPE

So for the Chigargo Syndicates secret weapon to really push the team that extra hard and back to the promise land, they are going to go with their roots and bring in the Syndicate that’s currently resides in the city of Chigargo. 

Now as being a syndicate what they will do isn’t always known or decided. Things that they might do to teams are normally related to the small pranks on the opposing team or thier locker room. One of the previous little competitive edge pranks that the cyndicate have made on opposing teams, they have modified the drink supply to the opposing teams locker room to contains a small supply of carbonated water. This little bit of carbonated water will cause a slight stomach upset and posssibke result in the opposing teams requiring more swaps for loo breaks 
Hopefully those extra line changes will give Chigargo that extra edge and result in a extra win or so. 

Task 6 - 3 TPE

So a new SHL curse, this is going to be exciting. So I think this has got to be related to face offs. It would be exiting if rather than what is almost a fifty fifty coin flip. If there was a curse where you chance of winning the next face off you are part of reduced with every successive win. Now clearly we are a statically based game, and this we can have a lot of fun with the mathematical model behind it. So as we have a face off skill the simplest model can be as your stats in that attribute increas the percentage reduction decrease Lee with every successive win. Another layer to the model that can be added can be a season percentage, the higher the percentage the greater the reduction becomes. 

Now for a name, why don’t we call this the “Ugly Face” curse, that should be an apt name for the curse. 

Task 7 - 3 TPE

Milestone Task

Task 22 - 3 TPE

So I’m from a small countryside village in the middle of England. The village is no bigger than two or three thousand people. The village is home to a historic private schoo. The school was founded in 1557 yes that long ago. The school outdates America as a country and even a colony before that. So the school will be celebrating 500 years of intakes. 

On top of that the village is seconds away from the countryside. This is such a wonderful place as the having this on the back doorstep is perfect for the winter training on the bike. 

As the village is so small that really about it. Very few buisness exist, there is a small butcher that does the most amazing sausages and pies. There’s a small supermarkets that stocks the basics that anyone would need to from day to day. But the best part of the shops are the pubs. The village is home to 3 amazing pubs. The best being the red lion with its fantastic homemade pizzas. 

Task 23 - 2 TPE

So my person dreams are to continue to improve my understanding of my current career path. I’m fortunete that I really enjoy my job, I’ve been able to travel the world with the job forever learning new skill throughout each and every trip. For me I’d love to make the step up to the pinicle of my sport and reach F1 in some form of capacity. 

Failing that I would be fantastic to be part of a management for a race team in any motosport. Ideally in the Sportcar, endurance area of motosport. Hopefully I’ll be able to look back on my career with pride and know that I’ve achieved what I set out for. 

[Image: gill.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 04:37 PM by Allegiant. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
(3 tpe)

alleyalleyalley

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)
There’s been some great Stanley Cup Playoff marketing campaigns over the years. Lots of us probably know the “Because it’s the Cup” series of commercials, for example. Well for the S66 playoffs we’ve really turned on the money faucet and we want YOU to give us the next great playoff ad campaign. Tell me how you’d go about promoting the S66 SHL playoffs in a way that will have people talking about it for years to come.
(6 tpe)

When it comes to making the most bang for your buck on advertising, there are a lot of different theories. Some might suggest you should go for the highest volume of eyes possible, possibly through advertising during a major media event. However, when left to the devices of Tommy Thompson, the SHL's media budget is instead spent on a mass billboard campaign across the United States and Canada. Until the completion of the Challenge Cup finals, every bench, bus, billboard, public bulletin board, and more will be emblazoned with a bright and gaudy advertisement for the finals.

This may not be the most glamorous way to advertise. In fact, it may even draw mockery from other leagues. But, Tommy Thompson is someone who has taken each and everyone of those 'your ad here' marketing stunts to heart, and intends to make sure that those ads are entirely replaced by images of the Challenge Cup, and the players facing off to compete for it. After all, everyone watching sports is already going to know it's happening -- why not target everyone else?

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 06:53 PM by Asked Madden. Edited 5 times in total.)

1. Gleeba 3TPE

7. Milestones 2TPE

20. 3TPE

Aspen Cone Wrestlers
You heard that right. The Specters up and rebranded and relocated. Gone are the days of the spooky ghost men. Now are the days of the roid taking, oil splashing, tank top wearing, steel chair throwing, girl stealing, mom kissing, feathered hair having wrassling sons of a gone. Except they're fighting cones or some shit?
I don't really get it
Are they cones who wrestle?
Are they beefed up big boys who fight off traffic cones?
Who fucking knows this is a dumbass idea.
But it would definitely lead to some great mascot shenanigans. A big over the top Warrior, clearly very coked up doing the whole warrior schtick. Charging around the arena running after a giant fucking traffic cone who's stealing all of the crowds food, beers, pucks and everything else you can imagine. The wrassler fights the cone and manages to fuck up the cone. I don't know

21. 3TPE
The new Orleans Specters have a deep dark secret. It belongs in a museum!
The long dead founder of the New Orleans Hockey team the New Orleans Shrimp passed away in strange circumstances. His death was never given a cause but he was found under a layer of ice beneath the goal section of the ice.
Rather than do the proper thing and burry the man the team instead decided to rebrand and make sure they displayed the body for the rest of time. Strange eerie things started happening around the rink and people began to think the arena was haunted with people reportedly seeing the gruesome corpse high in the rafters during game time.
Due to all the spooky goings on the New Orleans Shrimp rebranded as the new Orleans Specters and started to really ham up the apparent haunting. This led to the team we know and love today

22. 3TPE
Friedensreich Hundertwasser fucking loved koalas.
Given the task of ensuring the protection of one animal in the world he would choose koalas hands down.
You may think you understand why! They're cute, theyre fluffy they hug trees and eat eucalyptus and sleep. They're adorable.
Hundertwasser doesn't think the same way however. When he looks at koala he sees some mean looking mother fuckers. Have you seen the state of these claws? If a koala wanted to mess you up it absolutely could. They're quick across the ground and make some terrible noises when they want to. And as everyone knows the species is riddled with Chlamydia.
No, Hundertwasser wants to breed koalas. Turn them into something more... Sinister. He wants an army of drop bears. Everyone knows the drop bear is loosely related to the koalla, Hundertwasser will create an army of drop bears ready to take on all comers and enemies.

23. 2TPE
Well this is a wholesome prompt.
My dream for this world is pretty much onefold. I dream for my daughter to be able to grow up in a world filled with people wanting to make the earth better.
I want all of this tribal politics banished. I want the earth to be a place where people can live without worrying about where they are getting their next meal or drink. One where news is news and isn't marred by political discourse. Somewhere where obscene wealth isn't a goal, healthcare is a right, insurance isn't a scam and wars are a thing of the past. 
I'm not asking for much.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 05:46 PM by Punk42AE. Edited 3 times in total.)

ISFL Affiliation 
+3 TPE

Milestones
+3 TPE

Trivia - Frankenstero
+3 TPE

Quote:20. Written, 3 TPE, Jumble Up (150 words min.)

Take your SHL/SMJHL team’s name and enter it into an anagram generator (like this one: https://ingesanagram.com/) and generate a new team name! Choose one of the mixed-up results and tell me why it would be a fun choice for your franchise to rebrand to! Give me some jersey and logo ideas as well!
In a shocking turn of events the New Orleans Specters have been renamed to the 'Entrances Powerless' as a slight to all of the other teams entering the stadium.  This will be a crazy new part of rebranding for the Ghost team, but they will still be keeping the Black and Purple colors, and also the old mascot will be their backup mascot.  But the new Jerseys will say "POWERLESS" across the front as a mental image for the opposing team that will demoralize and bring all of the wins to the team.  Some say it's kind of an unorthodox team name, but when it comes to the psychological warfare during the games, it should actually help out.  The best part of the whole new team name is that as the other team performs the "Entrances", the entirety of the fan base will just keep pointing at the exits and pumping their arms.  POWERLESS IS HERE!
Code:
156 Words
+3 TPE

Quote:21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Treasure Trove (150 words min.)

If you had to create an incredibly valuable object based on your team, what would it be? Think “the kind of thing that Indiana Jones would be trying to get his grimy little mitts on”. Give me a description and come up with some fun team brand related traps or tricks you could use to protect it from all those people with grimy little mitts. As a graphic task, show me what this object looks like, and depict some of its security around it.
The newest addition to the Specters arena is the special 24k solid gold 2 foot tall Specter statue that is behind a giant glass cube at the main entrance by concourse C.  This was commissioned by the team by the Immortal designer Spencar De'Lacane, and took 24 months, and cost almost 24 million american dollars to accomplish.  This is now the greatest statue that is in the entire SHL league home arenas.  Something that New Orleans has been trying to accomplish for a few seasons after the Atlanta Inferno introduced the "Wall of Flame" five seasons ago.  The guiness book of records is close to announcing that this is the biggest Solid Gold statue in all of sports, but there has been some questions after an English league Soccer team is trying to say they claim the record in meters.  This is truly a crazy time with how much money teams are spending on gold alone for their home stadiums.
Code:
160 Words
+3 TPE

Quote:23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)

Sticking with the “last prompt is just letting people write about themselves” idea, here we go! I’m curious to know what sort of things you hope for in the world! What are your dreams? Maybe that’s a dream job, a dream house, an opportunity for your kids. I don’t know! Whatever you want to write about. What do you hope for in the future?
My honest hope for the future is that people just stop being so hateful and hurting other people for no reason at all.  Everyone should be able to co-exist in this life and to just be someone that causes chaos and hate should not be acceptable by anyone.  If you don't like someone, then don't interact with them, but to be a petty little person that would rather start fights and just be a straight trash person because you don't like someone is not acceptable or something that people should be allowed to do. The key to life that most people should take to heart is..."Say less".
Code:
107 Words
+2 TPE

+1 TPE Milestones: Claim

+3 TPE Trivia: VW - whoot

+3 TPE Prompt 3:
The S66 SHL playoffs knew they needed to make a memorable marketing campaign to really cement the legacy into a new era and attract new fans as well. That is why they decided to launch the fresh new partnership with subway called the Subway Hot Lineup. The Subway Hot Lineup is a series of hot sub sandwiches designed around players on each of the teams. Some of the stand outs are the Jalapeno Hot Dog, The Frog Leg and Fish, The Tiger Blood Tipper, The Vaseline Calzone, and the Puddle o Duck Panini. Each Sandwich will also come with a commemorative drink glass featuring the player your sub sandwich was named for. They also announced a worldwide competition for collecting every single player on either team. The winner will receive a lifetime supply of tuna subs from Subway as well as being flown out on Allegient airlines to the 1st game of the series where they will sit in the nosebleeds and think about what lead them there.

+3 TPE Prompt 5
As Collin Gibbles prepares to enter his 20th season in the SHL, he knows that he will have to put a lot more effort into making sure he is ready to play all 66 games in the upcoming season. Gibbles prepares before every practice and game with an extended soak in his own hot tub inside the team locker room. After all these years he finds it helps loosen up his muscles and joints so he can try and emulate how graceful he once was on the ice. After the extended soak, Gibbles then eats his pre-workout meal of chicken alfredo and garlic bread. Having the right fuel to keep him going all game is important after all. After eating Gibbles begins a methodical routine of getting dressed and preparing his equipment. Gibbles insists on wrapping his own hockey sticks before hitting the ice as he says it gives him to stop and reflect on how lucky he has been to make the SHL his career.

+3 TPE Prompt 17
Collin Gibbles hails from the northern part of the United States of America. Gibbles was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan and started playing hockey there at a young age. Grand Rapids is the 2nd largest city in the state of Michigan and has a rich cultural history dating back hundreds of years. Grand Rapids is now more known for the large brewing community that has been built up over the past few decades. Almost any small town in the area will have it's own brewery or two, with the city hosting a wide range of options. From tiki bars to irish pubs, from modern gastropubs to dive bars, Grand Rapids has a place for you to imbibe no matter your preferences. Grand Rapids is also home to the Grand Rapids Griffins, West Michigan White Caps, and Grand Rapids Gold sports teams that feed into their respective major leagues. Along with drinks, Grand Rapids is also home of the wet burrito.

+3 TPE Prompt 22
When approached to open an animal rescue, Collin Gibbles knew there would only be one choice in his heart. Gibbles immediately decided to fund and open the Gibbles Labrador Sanctuary and Haven. Gibbles has always had at least one Labrador as a part of his family, even when he was just a young player on the Anaheim Outlaws. Gibbles purchased a sizeable plot of land located just south of the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul as the first of many locations. Gibbles spared no expense to outfit the 10 acre facility with the latest tools, toys, and housing options for the Labradors that would be brought in. Gibbles also chose to subsidize the adoption of the animals to a low sum of $5 after a brief interview to determine that the dogs would go to a good home. Gibbles family can often be found at one of the shelters, helping out and playing with the puppies.

16/16

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Code:

word: Latvija

Code:

Milestones link +3tpe

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, League vs. League (150 words min.)
Could any SMJHL team in history (if they were NOT capped at their usual 350/425 builds) have beaten any SHL team in history a 7 game series? Why or why not? What historical teams do you think are good candidates for this trial? Who do you think is the best team in SMJHL history and the worst team in SHL history? Would the J team have a chance? Make your case!

That would be an interesting challenge. But for me to judge that way, I would need more knowledge of the SHL teams because I've actually stayed in the youth system at the moment. But if that's fair, then I think our Detroit team, who were last season's champions, would be able to make good competition for the adult team as well. It's realistically a good format that could be served in test games to test junior teams "readiness for next season. And then we too would be able to assess in more detail the outcomes of games like this. I think such a thought should be realized in life in itself, it would certainly appeal to a lot of youth players as well, as well as making the adult level tremble so that only they don't fall out against juniors. But when it comes to last season's lineup, I'd definitely like to highlight all the lines, we had a lot more experienced force who moved into adult hockey already this season, which logically left a gap in our team.

Code:
15. Written, 3 TPE, IICAN See the Future (150 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Last season we had a lot of surprise finishes that shook up the groups quite a bit this time around. Do you think last year’s top teams will stay there? Was that an anomaly? Why or why not?

The group tournament is already over when I write this, but my predictions were pretty similar. As always, I believe the lower teams will struggle and be able to do big things because they have a great desire to get on and fight for medals. I can mention the Norwegian, Latvian and Austrian teams as big surprises. These teams did a tremendous job of being able to beat themselves, which in the end also succeeded. I certainly have great pleasure in the Latvian team because after a break of almost 20 seasons, I was able to qualify for play-off games. I had predicted before the tournament that the Swiss team would be able to keep up and defend self-cynical gold, but that ended up being the wrong step. The Ireland team also failed to convince as much this season as before, which gave big places for new surprises. Everything has actually happened as predicted, except for the three teams I mentioned early on.

Earned 12/16

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 06:50 PM by Gooney. Edited 1 time in total.)

verification: simongavemetheanswers

3. Written, 3 TPE, It Gets the People Going! (150 words min.)

You know the nhl does a lot of things right, espicially promoting the game of hockey. so i think it is a brilliant idea to look at the nhl and maybe we can learn a thing a two from them because they do it better than anybody (except the nba and the nfl and the mlb and mls). I would create a cool commercial campaign with the slogan "hey man are you doing enough" and then it would have cool clips of players doing crazy things that no other sport players would do, because hockey as we all know is the toughest greatest sport in the world. So like the commercial would be like your team losing and then someone comes in goes "what would you do?" and then it cuts to a cool clip of that team doing a sick clip like maybe blocking a shot with there teeth because hockey players are crazy.

4. Written, 3 TPE, League vs. League (150 words min.)
Could any SMJHL team in history (if they were NOT capped at their usual 350/425 builds) have beaten any SHL team in history a 7 game series? Why or why not? What historical teams do you think are good candidates for this trial? Who do you think is the best team in SMJHL history and the worst team in SHL history? Would the J team have a chance? Make your case!

Uhhh i dont know. Let me open franchise hockey manage and run some test sims. oh wait i can not do that. What kind of stupid question is this? like i dont know man. I can't test sim. i do not know the ins and outs of the sim. let me go tag aaron wilson and ask. no but for real though i do not know. we'rent goalies like pretty good capped at a 420 build. like goalies do not matter. so maybe one time out of a million one of those little junior goalies stands on there head and the junior team gets a lucky goal. i guess maybe in that scenario in fantasy land yeah a junior team can win a game. but not a 7 game series. lets be real here guys. but honestly i do not know i am not a computer and apparently i am not allowed to test sim.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Secret Weapon (150 words min)
It’s never too early to start thinking about how you’re going to gain a competitive edge next season! How is your team going to go the extra mile to get wins next season? Is it a secret training regimen? Sneaky equipment modifications? Booby trapping the visiting teams’ locker room? Anything goes.

The real question for tommy westbrook (but this time i upd isnt what is he gonna do, it is what is he not going to do? He is willing to anything to win a simulaiton hockey championship (except running test sims because apparently that is illegal now lol). he will put down some crazy little traps in the visistor locker room. stuff like bear traps so when they walk in they hurt their legs and then they can not play hockey. (or maybe they can because hockey players can play through anything because hockey players are the toughest people in the world.)  and then i will poision them in their gatorade so when they sip the gatorade they die (in game). and then hamilton will win the game. no but for real though tommy westbrook (but this time i upd will skate really hard and shoot pucks at the net. and maybe skate with some sand bags.

6. Written, 3 TPE, Curse (150 words min.)
We’ve heard of the “President’s Trophy Curse” in which the top team of the regular season has a very hard time closing the deal in the playoffs and often ends up losing. If you could invent a curse and attach it to any other league event– what would it be and why? No Challenge Cup winner shall ever repeat? Anyone who wins the goal scoring title is doomed to 4% shooting next season? Get creative and give your curse a fun name!

Oh no there is a scary new curse going around and honestly, its kind of scary beacause let me tell you. this is one curse you do not want to catch. the person who scores the first goal of the season gets attacked by this scary curse. they forever have bad wrists and can no longer ever score aagain. the curse wil be called. the curse of the man whos scores the first goal of the season. and it is horrible because then they can no longer shoot big wrist shots and score goales. this leads to league wide changes in the way the games are played because everyone is scared to first goal of the season and it turns into a really crazy game of cat and mouse ( or shall i say, cat and try not score mouse) anyways this is a scary curse so make sure you do not get caught up in it.

[Image: craiyon_184929_hockey_team_with_bird_log...oonies.png]

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

1 + 2 + 5 + 7 + 18
3 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 = 17 TPE (16 MAX)

Code:

DAD

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A. Even if the Finals are done, I’m pretty proud of Seattle. They will always have a special place in my heart as they were the first team that gave me a real chance in the SHL. They gave all they could, but Atlanta was too strong. Their season was almost perfect and they destroyed everything during the playoffs. Before writing those lines, I would have say that Seattle would be the champions, but GGs to everyone!

B. If I’m Atlanta, I try to disturb Willie’s sleeping time every night. For example, pulling the fire alarm at 1 AM at the hotel or by giving Willie a room with no bed. If I’m Seattle, I try my best to treat Willie as perfect as possible. If he’s hot like that, it has to be because of a drink, a special one like the Looney Tunes in Space Jam. I just give him all he wants so he can stay hot every game.

C. Seattle has Willie in net. According to his performances, it is sure he can deny Atlanta’s big offensive guys. No one saw that coming and they also have big guys in defense who can crush their opponents easily. If I’m Atlanta, I’m not changing anything. They had an incredible playoffs run with an almost perfect record. Their strategy is, per default, almost perfect so I don’t think they need to change anything.

D. In my opinion, the best offense is the best defense. A great offense will always be better than a good offense. Atlanta’s PK units have what it takes to take down Seattle PP units. I’m not saying that Seattle will not be able to score some PP goals, but Atlanta’s defense will unfortunately be better than that. So it’s more benefit for Atlanta to have a big PK.

Code:

In Regina, we're pretty pissed that we lost against QCC in the second round of the S66 Playoffs. Regina's GM has no clue on how to beat QCC next season, as they managed to stop the team pretty much every time they faced each other.  As a Captain, DAD wants to get more involved in the team's trainings, so the team can finally pass the second round next season and win the cup. After a long talk with the GM, DAD came up with the idea to create a micro device that would be implanted in every player's hockey stick. As a matter of fact, this device will duplicate every player's accuracy and power, as the puck would be shot at 100 mph for a wrist shot and 150 mph for a slap shot. The device also helps the player on where to place his stick so their accuracy is also duplicate. This device was created at the same time as the Regina Elk came to the SMJHL and it took 6 years to be perfect. It will be the perfect weapon for the Elk and nobody will see anything.

Code:

S66 SMJHL Milestones 3 TPE

Code:
18. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Congratulations, procrastinator!  Through your terrible time management skills, you’ve unlocked a special task! [TEAM] has won it all! Were the playoffs as you expected this year, or were there some surprises? Did anything stand out to you about this season’s final series? Did the engine switch make a difference for you?

Well I'm pretty surprised that my old and lovely team (when RART was still a player in the league) Seattle went that far in the playoffs. I'm also so happy for them and Tig that their efforts finally paid off for them. Willie was an absolute monster in net and it is not a big surprise for me as I know that he would become an insane goalie in the SHL. They beat SFP as I thought they would be kicked off the first round. Atlanta was sure no surprise for me, as they won the President Trophy (AND FINALLY BEAT THE CURSE!) and crushed everyone. I had SFP more further than the 1st round and it kinda surprised me a lot, but hey, Seattle won and I'm still happy with that.

Code:
23. Written, 2 TPE, Dreams (100 words min.)

I'm not a big dreamer, but I sure have some goals in life. As I am a father of a 6 months old boy, all I wish is for him to have the best life possible. Being a father is something really special and the emotions are indescriptible. I'm proud to be a father and I will do everything I can so my son will have a wonderful life. I also have a wonderful wife-to-be and she's the perfect mother I could ever asked for my son. I wish that one day, once I'll graduate, that we will build our own dream house. I also wish that I'll be able to graduate as a high school sciences teacher in 3 years from now. I know it will be difficult because I have a kid at home and I need to work hard for him, but I know that I will be able to achieve my goals thanks to my friends and my family as they were always helpful.

[Image: dad.png]

David-Arturri Donskoi
Regina Elk
Hey I'm DAD can I adopt you?

1. tea
2a. Prior to the finals ending, I would have gone with the Atlanta as the one to go through either way considering how well they have consistently performed in the regular season and carrying that over all the way into the playoffs as well. Seattle's run has largely been on the back of Willie Miller, and while goalies can easily swing a series, seeing it continue even further when there were signs of it faltering with Chicago seems unlikely.
2b. If it were possible to target specific areas that could be considered the weakness then it would still be impossible to truly figure out a specific way to prey on Willie Miller's incredible play this season. His balanced ability shows no significant area of weakness in any area. If anything it appears to be a very typical SHL goalie that priorities both their positioning and reflexes and having an all around solid game in terms of saving abilities. The only area could be considered anything involving puck movement which wouldn't be a goalie saving skill.
2c. Natural options would be just relying hard on your top end players and minimizing the ice time of those who you might consider the greatest liability. There is a limit to how much you can play a single line or pairing but it would be a decision between the min/maxing options as opposed to having a similar balanced attempt, at the cost of relative weakness more consistently. I don't believe there is a optimal option one way or another but I would personally lean to the former over the latter.

4. There is natural bias from me of all people but any number of the repeating Four Star Cup winning Newfoundland Berserkers in the S60s era could easily be a dominant force as comparable to the likes of the Buffalo/Hamilton monsters in the past, or the recent unrelenting depth of the Los Angeles Panthers and Atlanta Inferno. The greatest strength of the Berserkers as part of why they were so dominant was both the extreme depth that existed throughout the entire roster top to bottom, but also the high end (relative to the juniors) skill. Imagining an entire team that was 80% nearly 2K players would be just ridiculous to consider, yet largely equivalent of what Newfoundland brought upon the league. Naturally, having a team like the 0-50 Tampa Bay Barracuda would be unfair to as a team that carried arguably juniors levels players. So even without the juniors cap as part of the consideration, there would be a natural inclination to think that there would be a competitive 7 game series.

7. +3

18. Unfortunately I was not as familiar with the rosters going into the season. That being said, the controllable element that can be easily reviewed is the amount of TPE a team would have. As a result, it is not surprising to see the team that has the most be one of the most successful. Yet when considering the change of the sim engine, I think all in all that it was a positive move. There are certainly a lot of anomalies when it comes to the amount of scoring so far, as well as adjusting to the relative randomness compared to the consistent FHM6 experience we had before. However, seeing how much of a range there can be now certainly makes it a more enjoyable experience for the 'middle class' teams. Personally I believe that to be required for the better of the site as that means a greater number of users who find some more enjoyment whether personally for their player or with their team even if it is a win or two in playoffs series that they may not have been able to expect before.

23. Being somebody who lives in the moment more often than not, trying to consider and hope for the future feels more difficult than not. I would say just for now, looking forward to finding stability in a career path would be the dream at the moment, especially considering how stagnant the last several years have felt. Whether that is a change of career field or simply finding the opportunity to progress and be successful in a way that would allow myself to be more independent and free, that sense of progression would be the ideal. Realistically, I am sure that once I get that, there will be the next thing to dream towards but that is part of the ongoing drive in the day-to-day and ensuring that one enjoys their journey.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Code:

vw: pablo

Code:

PABLO MILESTONES

Code:

The Atlanta Inferno are always looking to gain a competitive advantage over their opponents and next season will be no exception. The team brass has decided to take it to the next level however. Someone from the team staff will break into the visiting team's locker room while they're not there and douse their gear in lighter fluid. Once the players are ready to go on the ice someone will throw a lit match down the tunnel and send the players up in flames. Either they will miss the start of the game trying to put the flames out, or all their equipment will burn up and force them to forfeit. Atlanta will never lose a game again, partly because the opponents are all being treated for major burns, and partly because the entire team will be suspended after this happens just one time. Arrests might be made as well. Worth it for that extra chance (guarantee) of a win.

160 words

Code:

[Image: unknown.png?width=613&height=663]

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE, Curse (150 words min.)
We’ve heard of the “President’s Trophy Curse” in which the top team of the regular season has a very hard time closing the deal in the playoffs and often ends up losing. If you could invent a curse and attach it to any other league event– what would it be and why? No Challenge Cup winner shall ever repeat? Anyone who wins the goal scoring title is doomed to 4% shooting next season? Get creative and give your curse a fun name!

If I could invent a curse to put on the players of the Simulation Hockey League I would choose to put a joint one on the regular season and playoff most valuable players. I would name this curse the MVPU curse, as it would make the two MVPs stink the next season. The hockey gods would make it so the maximum amount of points that one could score the next season is half of the MVP's point total minus the playoff MVP's playoff point total. For example, say the MVP had 100 points that season and the playoff MVP had 25 points in the playoffs. That would mean the maximum amount of points the two players could score next season would be 25. Maybe this would make people try their hardest not to win the MVP awards, and have GMs try and tank their player's performances in the last games of the season.

153 words

Code:
21. Written / Graphic, 3 TPE, Treasure Trove (150 words min.)
If you had to create an incredibly valuable object based on your team, what would it be? Think “the kind of thing that Indiana Jones would be trying to get his grimy little mitts on”. Give me a description and come up with some fun team brand related traps or tricks you could use to protect it from all those people with grimy little mitts. As a graphic task, show me what this object looks like, and depict some of its security around it.

I would create an incredibly valuable bright red gem that shines like fire because we're the Atlanta Inferno. This is just the kind of thing that Indiana Jones would risk his life for as it would be very expensive and very cool looking. We would hide this gem in the depths of the arena with tons of Atlanta Inferno related traps to keep Indiana's grubby little hands off it. First up we'd have a wall of fire. Classic, to the point, an easy deterrent for the timid adventurer who just wants to poke around the basement. If they somehow manage to put this wall of fire out, then there will be launchers that send beak-shaped spikes at dick and eye level. Neither would be a good place for this spike to wind up so watch out for those tripwires! Finally, we have recruited rapper and gangster Gunna to eat whoever makes it past the spikes. He's been recording lots of music in the basement and he's really really hungry and you look like a great light snack for him. Watch out if you want to try and steal this cool little gem!

192 words

16/16

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Simmer pass

PBE Affiliate

Task 1:
Obrigado

Task 3:

Honestly, I think that if there is any way that could get a new horde of fans interested within the SHL, it would be utilising the fact that we have the two S56 expansion teams involved in this finals. That is some free advertising material in terms of making use of new blood causing upheval in the land of the established realm. We are not watching the cup being passed btween your Syndicates, your Renegades, Silverhawks or Stampedes. No, now we have someone entirely new taking the cup for themselves. This could be the spark that many could see as an entryway into the SHL. Just like the Vegas Golden Knights captured the hearts of an entire city and many others when they made their mad run to the finals (me included in the fanbased that joined), this finals can see not just a city, but so many around the world gaining interest in these new teams.

Overall, the slogan for this finals should be: "Welcome to the new Chapter."

Task 7:
+1 TPE - SHL Milestones

Task 17:

RESO:
Yeah, I was sorta dreadding this sort of question since my circumstance is a case of loophole abuse set upon me by my family. See, they really like Japan, but they also wanted me to have the full advantages of being a British citizen, so they begged and begged the British Embassy in Japan to allow for this..........and that's how I was born there. As for the two homes I claim as home, there is Asahikawa, where I met a baseball player called Honda Shigeno, decided that the sunglasses were to remain a permanent part of my attire and enjoyed the winter festival that popped up. Oh, and the Hokkaido Ramen, so damn good, missed it when I moved to Sheffield. However, the Steel City of UK has been so reassuring to me. They hold among the biggest fans of british ice hockey, all decking in the orange of the Sheffield Steelers.

Task 22:

RESO:
I believe that its well known that my family loves to support anything that is air based. Emeka holds a Private Pilot's License and has a love of falcons. As for me, my fondness lies within the hummingbird. These small birds are more a contradiction to my big body size, but they equally personify my ideal playstyle: Fast, agile and making you all second guess where my player will be. The speed and trickery that they can pull is spellbounding, and they are just as beautiful as well. Their shimmering colours can leave a multicoloured blur in your eyes, and they can just as easily pull insane turns through the smallest of holes. I wish to perfect my playstyle to match them, but alas, my time is running short and I don't think I can play like I used to. But no matter, I can open a rescue shop for these daredevils, if so that I can see more of them show just how beautiful they are in the air.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle