Create Account

S66 DFA Bounties #3 - The Future
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2022, 05:20 PM by Jayba1t. Edited 2 times in total.)

We are in the final round of the POs, and we're at our third DFA bounty of the season:
With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..
Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual success, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success? (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.
Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above
Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S67 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S68) are eligible for this bounty.
There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.
Deadline: Sunday, August 28th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

As I look forward to the start of my SMJHL and future SHL career, I have a few goals in mind that I would like to meet.  First, I want to be a successful junior player, beginning my career with a bang.  I want to have a strong rookie season, potentially challenging for rookie of the year and positioning myself as a top prospect for the S68 SHL entry draft.  To this extent, I would like to contribute in all facets of the game - I want to set up teammates, put pucks in the back of the net, play a physical game in front of the net and along the boards, and shut it down in the defensive end.  By contributing in these ways, I believe that I can be a leader on a strong team, hopefully guiding our team to a juniors title.  On the international level, it would also be awesome to one day compete for my home nation, the United States, in the WJC (and later IIHF worlds) and bring home a title.  Moving on to longer career goals, I would also love to enjoy success in the SHL.  Obviously, the biggest success would be to bring home a championship, possibly even a few.  It would be amazing to play for a single franchise for my entire career, slowing becoming a franchise icon.  Again, I always will want to be successful - I want to put up points and win individual awards, but I don't want it to be at the expense of team success.  This is why I value my physical two-way game so, so strongly.  Finally, I have another bold goal in mind: I want to be one of the best American players of all-time.

289 words

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 05:59 PM by MrPrime. Edited 1 time in total.)

To quote the great Macho Man ''I am... The cream. The Cream of the crop!''

Short terms will be to work on myself while helping the team that picks me in the upcoming SMJHL draft to win games, make it to the playoffs, and challenge for the Four Star Cup.  I realize it's not an easy feat but I have big goals for myself and big aspirations.

My father, Sebastien, made it to two Four Stars Cup finals with the Detroit Falcons during Season 38 and 40, I seek to do better and bring at least one cup to wherever I end up. My man also won Goalie of the Year one season ( 40), I seek to win at least one award during my time in the juniors. When playing pro, my father won a Challenge Cup during Season 39 as a back-up goalie with the Minnesota Chiefs, my goal is to win at least one with an aim at several more I would enjoy at least two but who knows what might happen. I want to win awards on the pro level which my father didn't get, to make him proud and to further the good Primeau name. On the international level, playing with Sweden my old man won Gold once during Season 48 following a victory against USA in a game no one expected them to win, I seek to do the same and more as a member of the British Isles. I wish at least one gold medal with medal round participations throughout my career. I know the British Isles is not a powerhouse in terms of hockey compared to Canada and the United States but with the right players anything can happen! 

I hope for a spot in the Hall of Fame when my career is over.
So basically if I am to wrap this up in a short sentence: I want to do better than my father.

Honestly? I have to say that I'm not really sure. It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that I'd be making a new player, after all I specifically rewrote the J rule book to require that the commissioner has an active player. Gotta set a good standard and all that. But I've never really considered my goals in the league despite how I started out with my last player. I think the idea behind John Brown who was the have a player of exceptional defensive quality. Sure, that means I've got to bump up some of my utility offensive position ratings like passing and puck handling, but ideally I want to be in contention for the best defensive defenseman. The only downside of that is it seems like most people really want two-way or offensive defenseman in your teams and that can leave me kind of out in the dust. I hope that really I just end up being wanted, and that people view me as a good influence to have in their locker room. I don't really need any fancy awards, sure winning championships is nice, but I just want to end up in a good spot that's new and gives me some nice insight into some places I've never been before. This is a brand new experience for me I've never made a recreate and I want to experience it fully. So as long as I come out with some good stories with John Brown, I think we can very much consider that a victory for everybody.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

For short term goal, and with the SMJHL draft on sight, I would like to get drafted in 1st round, by whoever. I know this goal could be difficult, because right now I have a very defensive player with some lack in offense, and team would probably prefer to draft a defenseman who is decent in offense and defense. With that in mind, I will train my offense a bit to be more attractive to my future team. In the end, I still want to be the guy you want when your team is down a man.

For the mid term goal, after an hopefully good career in the SMJHL, I want to transfer that success in the big league, and make a good impact in the team in my first year.

For long term goal, my ultimate one would be to win at least one championship before I retire. I want to be a positive asset to any team, and be the big tower you want to clear the front of the net and deliver big hit to forward who dare to enter on my side. With time, I would love to be a veteran in a team, and help younger player in their career. I also would want to represent my country in future tournament and bring back a medal for them.

In conclusion, I want a good and long career in the league. I am a team player before anything else, and do whatever my team want from me to achieve success, and help us win game and championship.

262 words

My goals in the SHL are simple. I'd like to be considered one of the greatest goalies to play in the league. This is obviously long term, requiring me to play at a high level for a long period of time. This includes winning, not only cups, but also individual awards and maybe breaking a few records that are there. I want people to look at Bandit Heeler and think "He was a good one."

A good mid-term goal for me would be to go ahead and win a cup in the J. Now, technically, I've already done that, as I signed with the Battleborn as a UDFA for the Playoff run, but that doesn't count for the actual goal for me because I did not actually play in any games for them. Not only would I like to win the cup, I want to be the starting goalie for the team that does it. Does this mean I probably need to win more than 1 cup during my time in the J? Yes, it probably does, but I want to be that man on the ice between the pipes when the final buzzer sounds.

Short-term, I just want to get the draft over with and I'd love to actually be able to go ahead and get myself into a team where I can play more than the minimum number of games for a backup. Now that second part isn't a mandatory goal, but I'd love to be able to do it to show that I'm capable of doing more than what is just the minimum required.

267 words

My goals for the SHL simply are to be active in the league and improve my build by earning near max level.  That's been the same with my interactions in other league like ISFL and WSBL.  For my build in particular, I made a large and physical defenseman and currently wish to improve this build in that respect.  I know this build and playstyle will not come with large point totals, which are the sexy or highly sought after statistics for most skaters.  I hope my player can be a defensive anchor and help keep the opponent off the board.  One goal in particular would be to not fall to the 4th round in the SHL draft after next season like I did in the ISFL, despite being a max earner in the ISFL example.  
Another goal that I have is to try and make Team United States for the World Juniors instead of being a loan onto another team like the UK/Ireland team that I am on currently.  No disrespect to those other teams like the British Isles or other World Junior teams as I assume the GMs and players for them are great, wonderful people, but obviously I would like to play for my host nation and would signify me as near the top of my draft class being selected by Team USA.
Long-term/career goals I don't know in particular beyond excelling in the playstyle I lined out before.  I just hope to have fun at the end of the day with this league

My short term goal for my player is to be able to come in day one and contribute to help the team that drafts me be successful and make the playoffs. I am hoping to join a team that has good chemistry both on and off the ice. I think having a good locker room mentality and togetherness leads to being a strong team on the ice. If you can not trust your teammates in the locker room and off the ice then how will you trust them on the ice? I am hoping the team I join will have good chemistry and team dynamic. My mid term goal for my player is to be on a contending championship caliber team in the SHL. While I am on that team I am hoping to be a successful player and contribute in any way that I can but to me it is all about team success and I will do whatever my team needs from me both on and off the ice. My long term goal in the league is to win as many championships as I can in the leagues and if the individual success comes with that then I will be even happier. In general I am a team first player who will do what I need to for the team but as I play I hope to gain some individual success as well like breaking scoring and point records in the leagues. At the end of my career I hope to be a multi time champion and end up in the HOF.