Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #1 Muscle Beach
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2022, 01:49 PM by CptSquall. Edited 1 time in total.)

Zero goals in the last two games.... ZERO GOALS. Yes its bad that the whalers were shutout the last two games of the series, but you wanna know what is really bad? Zero goals on the entire season that is where Bojack is sitting (0g 9A 38GP) and I'm here to inform the dear readers how I intend to change this. Drastically. Bojack is already naturally strong, his musculature and physique are already at the league average in his Rookie season however by the time the Sophomore season starts he will be a hulking mass of Testosterone replacement Therapy and atlas like body physique, even approaching SHL player levels of fitness.

Strength as a physical trait at least as a defensemen is a priority right now among all the top scoring defenders, the value is tremendous and it effects not only Hitting and Checking results, but appears to have a large effect on offensive point generation. All the defensive scoring leaders Strength is their highest attribute, with the highest end players pairing it with the ability to get open. However there is an outlier and he is my own teammate.

Miroslav Ketil  Whalers  is the goal scoring leader at the end of the regular season despite being a petite in size, in comparison to the Nevada Battleborns  Battleborn  trio (Dan King, Seamus O'Slapahan and Chad Nickleback) on the goal scoring standings all being hulking massive beasts. Putting up a crazy combined goal scoring total of 51 regular season goals as a d-core..  So I have come to understand that my goal for the offseason is to procure the most TRT, Creatine and bull-shark testosterone that I possibly can, Yeah so what? most of the players also have higher than average puck handling and passing. I am sure that is just a fluke and after staring at Rod Cockers  Elk  disgusting huge heaving chest throwing bombs around I am thoroughly convinced that my chest measurements are inadequate.

Finally there is the special teams aspect, all the players mentioned get some form of powerplay time , it goes without saying that forwards generally need powerplay time as well but there is little reason to have your first line forwards not be on the powerplay. But there is some evidence  powerplay time is not as critical as once thought for defensemen. My partner Antonio Flusso  Whalers  (also a massive legged muscle head) had 11 more points than our top pairing defenseman with a majority of his production coming on the powerplay.  But.. then there is the smallest of the    trio, Dan King Battleborn , third in goal scoring on defense league wide (19g) with only one of those being on the powerplay. I am not really sure what to make of that and maybe someone with a little more league coaching experience can chime in.

With the offseason coming a little too early for some, I believe its come at just the right time for myself. Joining half-way through the season was hard, gaining my bearing and figuring out the general day-to-day of a SMJHL player. Taking a step back and realizing what I need to do as a player this offseason, and its getting absolutely shredded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: vj4u3El.png]

Not sorry for the shutouts, but never a bad idea to go to the gym Wink

Get those big muscles and see you on the ice next year.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Approved, +5 TPE to @dirtyboygrease

[Image: CptSquall.gif]