Create Account

S66 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 11:19 AM by NONAME. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 2 - I am extremely lucky to be playing for the St. Louis Scarecrows and I wouldn't change that, however, if I had to pick another team it would be the Colorado Raptors. I am a huge fan of a legend that played on that team, Bo Kane. The guy is exactly the type of dynamic offensive threat I want to become. Heck, he's got a trophy named after him for the Raptors. That's amazing to have for your legacy. The team itself is very strong and has a complete lineup. I honestly don't think I would add much to make that team more threatening at this point in my career. Carl Ray Jetson would be the guy I would replace but we had pretty similar years. We'll have to keep an eye out on him and see if I can surpass him productive wise going forward. Going to be interesting to follow!

Task 7 -
Centre: Oles Kobliska - I mean... this is a pretty obvious pick right? The guy just lead the league in points with 88, was a force on the face-off dot, a takeaway machine, and an overall reliable two-way machine. These types of players don't just grow on trees.
Left Wing: Diablo Rose - I mean... this is pretty obvious too right? The coolest name in the league by far... Yeah that's about all I got going for me. I would definitely be carried on this line-up, however, I think it would be incredible for my growth as a player to be playing with such an insane level of talent. There would be so much to learn from these guys.
Right Wing: Evan Winter - 36 goals, 49 assists, 85 points... another elite offensive talent in the league. He also has a crazy +42 and plays a significant amount of PK time. He's another all-around talent.
Left Defender: Tam Bunnings - The top scoring defender on the left side in the league. Are you getting the trend here? We are going for an all out offensive line-up here that would just dominate the opposition.
Right Defender: Seamus O'Slapahan - and once again, the top scoring right sided defender in the league.
Goalie: Valérian Sauveterre - The Four Star Cup winner right here baby. Can't get more elite than that.

Task 8 - First season is officially in the books and I could not be happier with the way it went. As a team, I think we went above the expectations and played phenomenal. Making it to the conference finals is no joke in this league. Next year the expectations are going to be very high. For my own personal game I was very impressed too. I played a more defensive role throughout the season which is very unorthodox for my play style but it helped me grow as a player. I also put up 18 goals and 37 points in my rookie year with no powerplay time and playing on the 3rd line... I can't complain about that at all. I definitely progressed as a player throughout the year which is the most important aspect. Next year I am going to come back 100 times better and I'm excited. My goal is to reach the 25 goal mark and 50 points.

Task 9 - We have A LOT to be excited for when it comes to next season. I believe we surpassed the expectations we had this season and we aren't taking much significant loses over the off-season player wise. We finished 1st in our division and also made it all the way to the conference finals so any improvement on that is going to be a challenge but it's going to be a lot of us younger guys progressing which is going to result in a very deep team. I believe we head into next season as a top 5 favourite to win it all. That is saying a lot because the SMJHL is full of very talented and deep teams. It's going to be a grind but as a team we are collectively ready for that challenge and looking forward to it. Good luck everyone next year, we are gunning for you!

Task 12 A - It was a tough choice between Chad Nickelback and Boom Stick but I ultimately decided to go with Chad Nickelback. By the way, anyone who hates on Nickelback as a band are just being haters. Super talented band with some crazy bangers that still get played during parties. Rock on!

Task 16 - +3 TPE - Milestones 3/3

16/16

[Image: O8HREwL.png]

Raptors Canada pride
Player Page - Update Page

Task #16: Milestones + 3 TPE
ISFL affiliate + 3 TPE
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 07:28 PM by bk1689. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE
Interestingly enough, Quebec and Nevada were both eliminated in the semifinals last season. They both now meet to compete for the 4 Star Cup. Will Quebec win their first championship since S58? Or will first time finalists Nevada continue their dominant run through the playoffs? 
Requirements: 50+ words.

There is absolutely no chance Quebec wins this. Nevada is a team built to win the cup and I honestly wouldnt even be surprised to see a sweep here. In fact, I am going to call a Nevada sweep right now. Nevada steamrolled through the playoffs to this point and will not slow down.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

The Newfoundland Berserkers have a fan appreciation night on every opening game of the season. They give each Zerks fan a bottle of Screech and a legitimate broadsword. What could go wrong? Surprisngly a lot, the league fights Newfoundland every year on this tradition as the local hospitals see quite an uptick in drunken sword violence. Newfoundland swears it's part of their culture and refuses to give it up. There's something to be said about being chased down George Street by a Newfie swinging a sword, chugging a bottle of Screech and yelling some kind of gibberish you can't understand. Quite a sight to see, and the Zerks look to not be giving it up for anyone.

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

C - Paul Peterson - NBB - Peterson is an absolute monster and will centre this dream line that will heavily feature the Battleborn.

RW - Din Djarin - NBB - You can't have Peterson without Djarin, just like peanut butter and jelly, these 2 have gone together all year and will continue to light it up as a part of my lineup.

LW - Shylo Moxii - QCC - Converting a centre to a left wing, we see Moxii coming onto this top line and looking to add some offensive prowess to the mix.

LD - Chad Nickelback - NBB - Chad is the quarterback of this line and will be a cornerstone on the blueline.

RD - Louise St. Martin - QCC - St. Martin will put up some offensive numbers while being helped out a bit by Nickelbacks strength on both offensive and defensive sides of the puck.

G - Valérian Sauveterre - NBB - Literally the only correct answer for this position.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

I think I did extremely well this first season of my career. Scoring 25 goals and 15 assists while playing on one of the weaker teams in the league is quite good for anyone, especially a rookie. 40 points is a great debut and is something that should be looked at with quite a bit of hopefulness for the future of this young snipers career. I had a set a goal of 20 goals and 30 points as I wanted to be a scoring minded skater, and I passed both. To top it off, I didn't see getting over 100 hits, but I hit that as well. So playing a physical game, while not what was a goal of mine building this player, looks to be a solid aspect of his game. He will likely expand on that a bit in this upcoming off season is the word on the street.

Code:
Task #12 - 1-3 TPE
Answer up to 3 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B.  You're in another timeline where Colorado and St. Louis are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
C. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Seamus O'Slapahan is without a doubt the best name in the series. What other good classic Irish name screams hockey then this? O'Slapahan was born to play hockey and that is all he does (besides drinking oh so heavily). No one else even comes close to best name in the series, every other answer should be graded as wrong.

Code:
Task #13 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

Nevada had a clean sweep on Quebec and I think it can be attributed to 3 main things. Offense, defense and goaltending, shocking eh?

Offense - Led by a top line that had 2 of the highest scorers in playoffs, Peterson and Djarin, Nevada had no problem finding the back of the net at the oppurtune time. And that time seemed to be always when these 2 were on the ice.

Defense - The back end was led by left D, Chad Nickelback, who came 3rd in scoring in the playoffs and led all defensemen. He ate plenty of minutes in the post season for the Battleborn, where he really shone was the giveaway/takeaway aspect of the game. 10 takeaways and only 1 giveaway, Nickelback could do no wrong any time he was on the ice.

Goaltending - Valérian Sauveterre, that's all I need is those 2 words. 11 games played, 11 wins, a GAA of 1.43, 2 shutouts and a save percentage of .933. Need I say more?

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE - COMING SOON

Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

S66 Milestones

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.

I am gonna stick with the champions week theme here and pick the Quebec Citadels. Now make no mistake, August Von Hecht would not likely play at all in the playoffs. Justin Time is the undisputed starter for La Belle Province and August, as a rookie from Germany, is not really likely to take that spot. Not that he faired poorly for Anchorage, just the difference for the roster spot.

The big impact I could make? High moral and reckless optimism! Its no secret in the SHL community that my draft stock is largely inflated by my being a prized locker room guy. With that in mind, to cheer people on quite nicely and work everyone up into a cup running fantasies that will become realities. Does this improve their chances? Well as someone who has been involved in GMing in all three sim engines the SHL has used, i am someone who could provide some small insight into how to structure our team and, perhaps, how to beat the opponent's system. Its no guarantee, but even one more win in the finals may have mattered.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

I know it sounds boring, but because it sounds so boring not many people are actually going to talk about it. I don't hear much about towel power in the SHL much less the SMJHL. These are juniors teams after all and, with revenues being theoretically lower, rally towels are going to be a quick, easy, recognizable item to hand on out. Physiologically one would do this for the playoffs as the barn may not have such a thing and the atmosphere change from the regular season to the playoffs would be massive.

Definitely want a building that feels painfully loud to play against for other teams and one big way is going to whip out a nice visual to go with the absolutely loud, cold, probably liberally boozed Anchorage faithful.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

There were a lot of ups and downs for me over the course of the season. There were difficult stretches where I didn't know why i was struggling, nor why the team was. Other weeks would see us going on runs of wins and gave me hope. In the end, I was very content with netting 29 wins as a rookie starter on a team that struggled last season and found overall, that we improved vastly across the board.

As for the direction for improvement going forward, I do have a solid plan for a build I wish to pursue. Goalies are certainly an interesting beast when it comes to FHM and it is quite difficult to source out how to build one that is the most effective as it is the one position on the ice that is the MOST volatile as it is affected the most by the overall team performance.

Code:
Task #9 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

The Anchorage Armada are on the upswing when it comes to our builds and overall TPE gains. We may lose the odd player or two as we work our way up, but we are a young team that has been earning lots. We also have some fantastic earning rookies who are going to give us a massive boost and new rookies coming in the soon to come J draft. S67 is really going to be the start of where the Boat Gang can find themselves sailing into the cup finals or even winning it all.

With one season of FHM8 under our belt too, we have lots of data to be able to pour through and tinker with lineups, tactics, roles, and the structure of the team over the course of the season. We do have a great group of people who want to have a look into all the players and where they can sit. It is its own sort of fun trying to find how to build the best out of your team.

Code:
Task #10 - 2 TPE
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 100+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 100+ words.

August Von Hecht has spent most of his offseason training for the World Juniors as he is set to split the net for team DACH. Otherwise, trying to travel and fish in his newfound home of Anchorage, Alaska. Fishing out massive salmon and arctic char whilst seeing the awe inspiring sights of the Pacific Northwest. There is also all of the House Music August listens to. Turning his apartment into a small rave where he can fills the long, Alaskan nights. Young and loving life out in a good time of hockey and travel. It's his first offseason, so it is a bit crazy but free.

Code:
Task #12 - 1-3 TPE
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B.  You're in another timeline where Colorado and St. Louis are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
C. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A: Justin Time as a goalie is absolutely perfect for a name. Honestly, this is exactly the type of thing that makes awesome names. There are honorable mentions on Quebec like Tres Sombreros and Portgas D Ace (One Piece for the win). For Nevada, Boom Stick is in that same category.

B: For the Colorado Raptors, it just seems like Nevada had their number all season long. Never suffering a loss to the Dino boys. I think if Colorado found a way to win at least one game, they could have pushed harder than the sweep they fell into. For St. Louis, they were mostly close things. Those games were tight and one more win would see that reality that they are into the finals.

C: For Nevada i have to go with two. Paul Peterson was the regular season leading scorer with 72 points. He added another 20 in 12 playoff games to lead the Battleborn to that cup. Whilst Valérian Sauveterre split the net during the regular season, you HAVE to look at and praise the goalie who won 12 straight games with 2 shutouts on route to the cup.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 10:54 PM by Evok. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task #1 - 1 TPE
Well I did my CW after the playoffs concluded, so i clearly know what actually happened. Well, what I thought anyway aligned with what happened. Nevada won the cup with an impressive display of ability, steamrolling the playoffs to an effortless cup. This means that both S55 expansion teams now finally have a cup under their belt. It’s going to be exciting to see who get a 2nd first.
69 nice

Task #2 - 3 TPE
The choice is very easy for me if I wasn't playing for Quebec City. I would just not be there, because QCC is my baby and I can't fathom myself playing for anyone else. But if I really had no choice to pick someone else, I think I would go for the Regina Elk. First of all, having another French Canadian at the helm of the team is a big plus, like the Swiss flag, but also, it’s just way more fun. Second, I think I would fit really well in their team and could have helped them reach further and have a great career there overall. One main reason is that I am building my player to fit perfectly in a pairing with one of their players, Brendan Laroux. Due to that, it’s kinda easy to know I would fit well, helping protect the goal while Laroux does his stuff. Also, they have a lot of great people on their team so it's just an overall fun that could be, while making fun of the team name cause I definitely don't hear Regina first when someone mentions it.

Task #6 - 3 TPE
One of the first things Nevek did when joining the Quebec City Citadelles was asking them to volunteer and be an ambassador of their youth program. Kove had spent seasons before joining the league participating in these camps, basically being one of the first subscribed every season as he was on the edge on his seat in front of the family computer with his father every summer, awaiting dreadfully that the sign up started. He spent most of his summer here, and he wanted to give back and help run the camp, being one of those players that take the time to teach youngling some hockey with the help of the coach. Nevek knew he wasn’t a gold mind in terms of being able to explain to kids how to play hockey, but since they had coaches with them, he could just be the fun player that is always available for the kids and make them dream that everything was possible.

Task #11 - 3 TPE
Nevek Kove, local wonder of the Quebec City Citadelles. Drafted late in the 2nd round, the Citadelles managed quite a steal in the draft, webbing their draft around quite a few successful players before being able to draft Nevek Kove. Sliding all that way through the end of the second round had been a surprise for Nevek Kove, as he had always been rated to go early in the 2nd, for the last few years. Many scouts started to point out his lack of scoring ability as a liability. However, Kove put on a great display during the season with the Citadelles, managing to be one of the most responsible players defensively on the ice for them and making sure he was able to get the puck back from the other team. There’s already rumor that the young defenseman could end up as the fabled first overall selection in the most recent draft, making his way to the Minessota Monarch as a solid stay at home defenseman.

Task #12 - 3 TPE
A. Nevek Kove and Tam Kove have the best names in the series. Both are named after long-lasting Quebec City Citadelles superstars @Keven and @Matteo. I had toyed with the idea of naming my player Nevek for a while, mostly as a joke to Keven, and I'm not sure he actually believed I'd do it, but I had always been serious. Hordle just followed me and it is GREAT. (69 nice)
B. For Colorado, what they would have needed is the whole Nevada team to shut down, which is a big ask, but would have been the only way to not be steamrolled like every other team in the playoffs. For St. Louis, honestly, a lucky bounce is all they would have needed to pass Quebec City. (55)
C. On the Quebec side, Shylo Moxii and Sophie Bordeleau were the clear force behind Quebec strength. Both forwards put up impressive numbers, Moxii even noching the scoring title. In Nevada, it’s Paul Peterson and Dominik Froste that clearly led the Battleborn through the season, considering Peterson is a rookie, it was quite an impressive display of abilities. (57)

Task #16 - Milestones - 3 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3257071

16/16

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE
Interestingly enough, Quebec and Nevada were both eliminated in the semifinals last season. They both now meet to compete for the 4 Star Cup. Will Quebec win their first championship since S58? Or will first time finalists Nevada continue their dominant run through the playoffs? 

For some reason I have this weirdly dominant sense that Nevada Battleborn will come out on top. Firstly, they have already won the finals with a sweep, which is very strong evidence that they will win. Secondly, Quebec has never won a S66 finals game especially against the Battleborn, so that strongly supports a S66 finals win by Nevada.

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.

If Hodor wasn't playing for Regina Elk, he'd probably play for Yukon Malamutes for several reasons:
- Dogs are cute and Hodor likes cute things. He could have a bunch of malamutes drag him around on a sled and have the most fun of any team.
- The Yukon is fairly reminiscent of Winterfell with all the snow and cold winters and mountains. All that's missing are ice zombies.
- The acronym for Yukon Malamutes is YUM, implying good food is a regular resource available to the team. Hodor is a big fan of good food and though he never actually says "yum," the ensuing "hodor..."'s after taking delicious bites evoke very satisfied feelings from those around him.
- The Yukon has the Northern Lights, which are very pretty and fun to look at. Hodor loves pretty lights, sometimes to the point that he gets distracted in the middle of hockey games by just staring at the lights above.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

The Regina Elk are a very supportive team. They nurture their rookies with the same care a mother elk provides its baby elk-ling. If someone needs some milk, you will not find a single member of the team not willing to whip out a nipple to feed them. Because of this, the special commemorative item of the Elk is a back harness for carrying crippled children designed by none other than Peter Dinklage himself. It represents the spirit of Regina to always help those in need and to lift each other up. It even comes pre-soiled with Hodor's sweat from carrying around each teammate for one game of regular season hockey.

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Hodor is all about charity. In fact, he hosted his own charity event called "Hodor Helps." There were several charitable acts provided to those who showed up:
- Dor hod-ing: Hodor held doors for everyone who came into the event's venue. What better way to be charitable than to help those in need to get to the charity in the first place?
- Piggy-back rides: Hodor loves to carry people around, so he decided to offer rides on his back to locations of choice. If it takes more than 5 minutes to get there, you will receive an IOU voucher for a one-way or round-trip ride to the desired location. Disclaimer: if you choose a different continent please take into account ferry and airplane transportation travel times.
- Translation services: come to Hodor with any translation services you may need. Though he speaks only one language, he understands many and will likely be able to understand what is trying to be said, though you may need some help understanding Hodor when he repeats it to you.

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Hodor is a well known holder of doorway hardware. He comes from the coveted House Stark, born of the capitol of Winterfell. His jersey is 1 since that's likely the highest he knows how to count to. He's a tall, chonky guy at 7 foot 2 inches and 400 pounds. At the beginning of his career, he was not exactly an offensive kind of guy, choosing first and foremost to protect his team rather than to score for them. However, as his season has progressed he's worked with trainers to help him see that although he's physically protecting his team, he's fully capable of figuratively protecting his team's place in the standings and emotionally protecting his team's egos by contributing to their efforts in making playoffs and earning the 4-star cup. Since these revelations, Hodor's been steadily improving his offensive capabilities while reinforcing his defense, striking an imposing figure on both ends of the ice and keeping his team mates safe the best he can.

Code:
Task #12 - 1-3 TPE

A. Boom Stick: Hodor's a big fan of bright lights and loud noises, and none of the eligible names suggest that better than Boom Stick. The name evokes imagery of a blunderbuss spewing forth noise and sparks to deafen and blind the weak minds of curious victims, but Hodor is not weak and enjoys the discharge.

B. First of all, what went right for Colorado and St. Louis is that they didn't lose so that they could make it to the finals. Second, they scored more goals than their opponents for at least 4 games out of 7. Last, they sacrifices a couple goats before each game to pay tribute to the hockey gods.

C. I'd argue that Shylo Moxii is a key player for Quebec to get them to the playoff finals. The top players of Nevada Battleborn are closer together as far as points go so they each had a more equal contribution, but Moxii was at least 15% higher in points than the second on their team, which makes a more solid case to claim one player as a major contributor.

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE - COMING SOON

Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

+1 TPE

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 12:22 AM by diacope. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task #1 - 1 TPE

>> "I was part of the Nevada roster before on my last character 10 seasons ago and to see them dominate the league is spectacular, obviously I'm going to be rooting for them but honestly think Quebec will upset them in the end. Hard to pick a favorite when I like much about both franchises."

Task #2 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs. Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster. Would your player make a big impact on the team? Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

>> "If I was picking another team to be part of I got to go with the Nevada Battleborn for sure, by the sounds of it they are a dynasty right now and if I could rejoin that franchise again with my new player I'd be just as blessed as I am playing for the Carolina Kraken. I think I could help give a little more straight offense whenever it's needed and give some of the top players a break, don't think I'd make a huge splash but you never know what could happen.. Most likely in a depth position though. Do I think I would be improving chances? Yeah I'd say so, my player is built for the right situation and think I could provide a late game winner that would shock the opposing teams goaltender who might not be ready for a flying Rabinov shooting a crazy shot in the slot."

Task #4 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

>> "A food item I've always liked to purchase during games are tacos, they are delicious and get you through the stressful times by providing pure bliss. For my special commemorative item I'm going to go with the meaty shell but add a little twist, instead of adding meat we will be adding squid! If that isn't something the kids wants we'll do hamburger but dye it orange, with the tasty snack which is at a special low price I may also add is a special sauce nobody in the game has tried and let me tell you it is expensive to make!! Coming to you soon Smile All donations go to local junior hockey programs in the area."

Task #8 - 3 TPE

>> "I think I performed very well in my first season and that's not just my many statistics collected during the regular season.. I think I had a good impression in our locker room as well and gained some popularity with the Kraken fans in the stands and off the ice. Now if we are talking about expectations overall everything was blown out of the water for me, joining again after 10 seasons out of play from the forum as a member didn't change a thing like I thought it would! If I'm looking at stuff that needs to be worked on next season I'll have to ask the coach because he's been helping me along the way every step of my journey, I feel like all my skills need to be improved though in the end if I want to make it into the SHL one day with the Battalion."

Task #9 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

>> "Last season the Carolina Kraken didn't have a very good veteran core of players and now with a bunch of loyal rookies turning into stars we'll be all over the place, keep the other team busy most of the game, the best advice I could give my team right now is to be patient and roll with the punches early on.. Eventually we'll find our groove and get going but if things start off hot the league shouldn't be surprised. Again like my own player I think everybody needs to improve overall really. That being said there's too much to be excited about with so much going on, I just hope I don't get lost in the crowd while trying to perform xD. Do we have a shot at the 4 star cup? I think so, maybe we wont be a top contender but the playoffs are definitely in reach I think"

Task #10 - 2 TPE
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 100+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 100+ words.

>> "A common spot I like to retreat to after a long season of grueling hockey or constant practice is my home and speaking of that the best spot to visit is family, that's how I've been spending my offseason and have done in the past. Board games, tons of great meals and old television series with my brother has only boosted my motivation to grind even more for next season. On my own I've been sleeping more and have continued to stretch my limits in the gym, kind of boring but that's the life of a hockey player I guess."

Task #11 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

>> "Well I'm an honest person and it's been so long since I hit the since the last time in the SHL, I'm a little dusty with earning points, I have a great work ethic though and will try my best to get all the TPE I can get and have only been getting better I think, another thing would be my players build.. I have no clue really what I'm doing and especially with the new system xD. Along with my great work ethic I also enjoy having conversations with my team and pumping up others to be better, in the end it only makes things better for me too. My skating is good also but again I'm not sure about builds and if that will even help, haha this is probably the worst draft review ever. At least my final point is I'm willing to train skills that my team needs!"

Task #12 - 1-3 TPE

>> "Nikolai Skovgaard, I'm a huge fan of realistic names and have always been an even bigger fan of European players so whenever I can get a chance to play with one of these elusive players it's a joy. Nikolai is strong and popular, Skovgaard is unique and I like how it sounds :p"

B. You're in another timeline where Colorado and St. Louis are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?

>> "I think that both teams won their close games, easy as that. St. Louis and Colorado both held down the fort and the goaltenders were huge for them, shutting out the opposition a few times along the way to advance themselves into the 4 star cup finals, whose defense will perform better?!"

>> "I think that Shylo Moxii has been a threat every on the ice and without his presence in the Quebec Citadels lineup they wouldn't be where they are today, a lot of times it's a team effort or an all star like Moxii that improves others around him and he did just that."

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 12:58 AM by peskypenguin. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task #8 - 3 TPE
Finn was excited to start his career with the Kelowna Knights but it didn’t go as he expected it to go. The team didn’t perform well in the statistic that’s most important to Finn and that’s wins. Finn loves to win and anything else is not really acceptable. He is proud that his team preserved through the season and got better as time went on. As for his individual expectations, he felt okay about his defensive play but his offensive production was lacking. After reviewing game tape, Finn felt that he was mostly doing the right thing in the offensive zone and the production would just come with time. In the off-season, he plans on working on his offensive skills and carrying the puck even more. He also wants to work on his skating as he feels like that is a skill that can always improve. Now that he was drafted in the SHL, Finn is hoping to workout with some of the older German players to play against some better competition in the off-season than he was used to. He’s hoping to pick up some good tips and tricks as well so he can help the Knight’s make the playoff next year.

Task #9 - 3 TPE
The Kelowna Knights season didn’t go as Finn expected it to go as they were the worst team in the league. This was expected by many of the sport’s writers and talk show hosts as the Knight’s had many rookies on their roster. The future should be bright for the Knight’s as they should return three of their top defenseman in Potential Spam, Finn Brandt, and Graj Virrok. These three should not only be good on the defensive side of the puck but should also be able to provide varying levels of offensive production.

On the offensive side of the puck, Sash Sharnaz led the team in points and hits. Biemans improved on his season 65 point total by scoring fourteen more points. Jaques Hammer was another rookie bright spot for the Knights. The 4th overall pick scored thirty points and also enjoyed throwing his body around. There’s a lot to be looking forward to for Knight’s fans as there is lots of young talent ready to take their game to the next level.

Task #10 - 2 TPE
Since the Knights did not make the playoffs, Finn will return to Germany to see his family for the first part of the off season. In Germany, he will train with a personal trainer and a skills coach to continue to better himself for the upcoming season. This will include two workouts and an on ice skill session. There isn't one part of his game that he isn't looking to improve. Finn is looking forward to playing in the World Juniors Championship for the British Isles. Not only will he get to play with some other great players, it will be a good chance for him to showcase his progress this off season before the draft. Finn cannot wait for the draft to finally get here. He's a bit nervous but looking forward to living out his dream by having his name called. His parents and sister will accompany him to the draft. After the draft, Finn will come to North America and participate in some additional training with his teammates before training camps open.

Task #11 - 3 TPE
Brandt is a two-way defenseman with good size for his age. He played a lot of minutes on a bad Kelowna team that had many rookies. Finn has many strengths on both sides of the puck. He is a plus skater who can stop most of the league's speedier forwards from blowing by him. The young defenseman has a very active stick to poke check opposing forwards. He also isn’t afraid to use his body to knock opponents off the puck or out of the crease. This is where he took a few penalties this year. Despite the very few goals, Brandt has an above average shot and is not afraid to use it. He put a lot of his shot attempts on net this year, even if it didn’t go in the net. When getting the puck in the defensive zone, Finn wants to quickly transition up the ice. He is able to use his skating and outstanding puck handling to beat the F1. His passing is also above average. After making a pass, Brandt is already looking up the ice to join the rush if it’s safe. Overall, Brandt projects to be a top four with top pair potential defenseman who can play both on the powerplay and penalty kill. He will eat a lot of minutes for the team lucky enough to draft him.

Task #12 - 2 TPE
A. The best name has to be Seamus O’Slapahan. It’s the best fit as Seamus is Irish and has one of the best slap shots in the league. My next favorite would have to be Boom Stick. I don’t think it fits as well as O’Slapahan but it makes me laugh. Another honorable mention to Ben Der for also cracking me up.
B.  For Colorado to have moved on, I feel like a lot had to go right considering how dominant the Battleborn were in that series. I would imagine that Shiny Shuckle would have had to stand on his head. I also think Colorado would need more goals from their star players as 3 games with one or less goals was not gonna win them the series. For St. Louis, I think that their series versus the Citadelles could have gone either way since the series went seven games. I think it would have been beneficial for them to control the puck more and take more shots as there was a pretty big shot differential in game seven.

Task #16 - 3 TPE
Milestones

Total: 16 TPE