Create Account

S66 SMJHL Championship Week

cw pass for gm

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 05:58 PM by Legend. Edited 2 times in total.)

Task #1

Either way, it’s nice having some “different” teams in the SMJHL Finals and as a neutral I hope it’ll be a great and long series. I do have to give the edge to Nevada though, as their playoff run and regular season surge has been quite impressive. Despite being on the other side of it at times. For our sake, I really do hope they drop a few games so we can enjoy a tense finish to end off Season 66.

Task #2

Very tough question, given the fact I don’t want to play on any other team besides Yukon. However, if I had to pick, it would be the Maine Timber. Not only does the current iteration roster some of the players I would love to share a locker room, but the franchise started in Halifax. I have fond memories of Halifax, being selected first by the franchise and also captained them during their inaugural season. My only regret was that I didn’t play there long enough, so if I had to pick it would be the Maine Timbers.

Speaking to their roster make up, there would be a need for my player as most of the defenceman are around or under the 350 TPE mark. I’d fit in nicely with the core of the team and hopefully extend their window for winning.

Lastly, their branding is on point. Who wouldn’t want to don the jersey of the Timber? Sleek colors, and a logo that I can see everyone in Maine getting a tattoo of. Yes, even the grandmothers.

Task #8

Season 66 in the SMJHL was a weird one. Yukon, and O’Connall came out of the gates blazing. The Malamutes were fighting near the top of the league the entire first half of the season and Shea O’Connall quickly found the back of the net, twice in fact, within the first three games. Not bad for a defenceman with a noodle shot. All in all, O’Connall finished the season at 9 goals, and 27 assists for 36 points which was good enough for second on the team for defenceman scoring. League wide it wasn’t enough to crack the top 10, but it’s a promising base to build upon. More impressively, Shea turned his +/- around, after being a minus in the first half of the year (the only one on his team as a matter of fact). By the end of the season, he was up to +15.
Playoffs were a different story. Contributing nothing offensively, O’Connall was a liability on the defensive side of the puck. That will have to change if he wants a future in the SHL or SMJHL.

Task #9

The Yukon Malamutes have a ton to look forward to next season. With a good chunk of the core returning, it’ll be a place that a rookie wants to get drafted to. Especially with the likes of Oles Kobliska and Billy Blazes coming back. Really the window for winning was just started this season, and we saw that it was possible with a strong regular season, before an untimely playoff exit. Isabella Bouchard will be relied upon next year as well, and the fans couldn’t be happier with a performance like that from the Regular Season. Past all of that, the Yukon Malamutes have one of the best Locker Rooms in the league and any rookie that gets drafted will be happy to partake in it next season. The team does need to make some strides if they want to translate that regular season success into playoff success, and how they do that remains to be seen. However with a more experienced forward core and defensive line, I’d wager they’re putting themselves in a position to succeed.

Task #12

A. Chad Nickelback, without questions. You can’t deny the greatness that is Nickleback as a Canadian Rock Icon, and combining Chad (the bet name ever) with the band is genius. It’s next level when you make the connection to Chad Kroger on top of it. Question is, does the player look just as good as Chad?

B. This truly is the SMJHL’s darkest timeline. Nevada and Quebec City deserve to be in the Finals and it’s quite clear. If this happened my only guess is the SMJHL has the same level of corruption that FIFA has. Nothing against those teams personally, but Nevada and QCC is where it’s at. So, to answer the question, I guess the bribing went right?

C. The answer is clear right? Paul Peterson dominated in the regular season and he dominated in the playoffs as well. A rookie comes into the league and puts down 72 points? Unheard of. With a blistering shooting percentage of 17.4%, Peterson found the back of the net very often. He’s the reason why Nevada had such a great year.

Task #13

Hardly a latecomer special with Nevada runs away with it, smashing the SMJHL playoffs to pieces and the Final series as well. The fact that their goaltending in Sauveterre was unbelievable posting a 1.43 GAA and .933 Sav % made things very easy for the offense to do their job, which they did in spades. Paul Peterson, the rookie sensation, led the charge with 20 points over those 12 games. Din Djarin and Chad Nickleback were right up there in scoring with a host of other names contributing as well. On top of that several players had shooting percentages over 20% with more than multiple goals. Manon Graves and Alexi Pisastri found the back of the net with such brutal efficiency it’s very scary. The fact they won the cup in style with an OT victory is something else as well. Of course, Paul Peterson would be the one to end it. I think we just witnessed a franchise legend being born. Hats off to this group and their amazing performance.

Task #15

Hats off to you Jay. I had no idea it was your first season and everything went as well as it could. So much so I assumed you’ve been doing this for seasons already. The PT’s were great, and overall everything felt smooth. To be honest I’m not sure what could be suggested for future rookies, but if I had to nitpick, maybe highlighting or making details bigger in the initial thread. For example most, or all, the information is usually at the top of the thread but to be honest people don’t read everything. Having the important things bolded, or highlighted and placed by themselves would make it easier for people to scan and avoid mistakes. Then again if people don’t read and miss the details, it’s also on them. Like I said, real nit picking!

Task #16
Milestones (Max +3 TPE)

Code:
Completed more Tasks for fun. Max 16 TPE

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 06:15 PM by Bruins10. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE
Interestingly enough, Quebec and Nevada were both eliminated in the semifinals last season. They both now meet to compete for the 4 Star Cup. Will Quebec win their first championship since S58? Or will first time finalists Nevada continue their dominant run through the playoffs?
Requirements: 50+ words.
Interestingly enough, I really think that Quebec City will beat Nevada. Yes, if you look at the standings you are going to say "Bruins, are you nuts?" but if you look closer, Quebec City has dominated the Battleborn all season. In fact, the 4 games they played against each other, Quebec City has won all 4.

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.
I mean, with the previous statement, I would go along with the Quebec City Citadelles. With the season I had as a rookie, I think I would slot in fairly well with their much talented roster of experienced Junior players. I think they would not only be able to prepare me for the upcoming draft and the future in the SHL locker rooms, but they would also be able to improve my game. With players like Shylo Moxii who would be able to show me the ropes on how to score goals or even learn how to assist a player like that on the ice is super beneficial for my development. I would slot into their roster as the 6th best point getter, slotting myself in the top 6, and also as the 3rd best winger according to points. I think adding that stability on the wings for a team that is built down the middle gives their coaches and management another angle on how to win games and be dominant on the ice.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
I think on the first game of the season, the Anchorage sales team should give the supporters and fans a hat. Somewhat similar to the cheesehead hat that the Green Bay Packers fans have, but a hat that is mixed with a couple of things. So we can have some hats that are huge foam boats, and others that are huge captain hats. Maybe do like half the arena gets one and half the arena gets the other. Incorporated into this, we can have some things going on during the game where only the people with the Boat hats get up and dance, and then the next will be the captains get up and dance. Would be cool to have that European Football type of ambiance in the arena, would also make the sell outs more memorable and get more kids involved to grow the game.

Code:
Task #5 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
I think we have an exciting finals with 2 top goal scorers in the matchup, one on either team. As mentioned before, the regular season goal scorer Shylo Moxii for the Citadelles and then Din Djarin for the Nevada Battleborn, both looking to win the cup for their team with a game winning goal. Both players are peppering the other teams goaltenders by shooting the puck as much as possible and really making it difficult for the other teams to contain them. Whoever ends up scoring the most goals in the league in the playoffs will definitely be playing on the team that brings home the Four Star Cup. The question is, is the cup making its way to the Desert in the United States of America. or is it coming up to the True North in Quebec City, where poutine will get eaten out of it?

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
As someone who is lucky enough to play hockey, i remember growing up and learning to play from the best coaches I can remember. And that is how I love giving back to the community. It is the offseason so a lot of leagues back home are all done, but there are a lot of little tournaments going on and those AAA seasons or the 3 on 3 little games going on. Whether it is coaching the little kids or even just showing my face as an excitement for the kids is great. Seen as an idol and an inspiration for a few of these kids, they will be able to play infront of one of their inspirations. I am no Wayne Gretkzy thats forsure, but I know his father goes around to tournaments all year around and talks to the kids and inspires them to go out there and have fun and put in the effort and all that. So I can do that and hopefully push them to try harder and be better versions of themselves.

Code:
Task #10 - 2 TPE
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 100+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.
Requirements: 100+ words.
There is a lot of conversations goin on with many GMs in the SHL for Bruno Tooyo. The fact that I am not going to be at the top makes it a little more interesting for me because a lot of teams will have a chance to grab me in the draft. More due diligence being done by GMs means more conversations for myself and my agent. The off season seems like more of a prep for the draft and making sure that my team interviews and tests are going as planned. And lastly, have to get a nice suit to wear to this crawlspace draft. Maybe just get something from Zara or H&M since I am not that rich and because the event does not seem to lavish.

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE - COMING SOON

Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3257121

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 04:29 PM by PremierBromanov. Edited 1 time in total.)

+2 TPE - Milestones

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE
Interestingly enough, Quebec and Nevada were both eliminated in the semifinals last season. They both now meet to compete for the 4 Star Cup. Will Quebec win their first championship since S58? Or will first time finalists Nevada continue their dominant run through the playoffs?

I dont really know since I dont follow either team very closely, but I'll say this for free: While it may not seem that an owl can take down a goat, birds of prey have been known to throw rams off of cliffs OR perch on their backs and tear their flesh out slowly, which sounds worse to me. I gotta give it to the Quebec owl cities (has anyone made that joke yet?) (74 words)

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?

The obvious answer here is the Carolina Kraken, for two reasons. One, they're my alma mater and two, they just reverse swept us in the playoffs so it would be great to keep playing in the playoffs a little longer. Carolina was my first team ever on this site, ran by Trella and Fuzz, both of whom started with nothing and built a friendly and active locker room, which is not easy to do. Both went on to have great GM careers and help architect successful teams. Sliding intro the roster would be simple, as Fitted knows from his father exactly how the culture of the locker room is and where the booze is stashed. As a rookie, Fitted cant be super helpful, but has more than proven himself in Vancouver with a 28 point rookie season playing 17 minutes a night. He also has a tremendous amount of hits and take-aways for a rookie. (155 words)

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:

One of the things that is always on my heart is the homeless. At the best of times, the homeless are down on their luck. At the worst of times, they can be a safety hazard to themselves and others, unable to integrate with even the best of societies. I'm a firm believer that the #1 thing homeless people need is cash. Means testing is a waste of time and money, and being selective about the way we help homeless removes agency and dignity from them. Studies show an infusion of cash to the recently unhoused can get them financially stable quickly and prevent them from falling into homelessness again. There's merit to the parable of "teach a man to fish", but sometimes a man just needs a fish. Sometimes a man knows how to fish, but doesnt have access to a place where fish are, or a pole, or whatever you want in this metaphor. Just give em the fish.
That is why Nichael is proud to parter with Foundations for Social Change in vancouver, an Actual Real Life organization, and the their New Leaf project, which gives $7,500 to the recently homeless in vancouver (in real life). Using his connections and fame, Nichael runs a charity event in a park somewhere. The event is a fair of sorts, with lots of food and drinks all donated for the cause. Food and drinks cost tickets and 100% of the sales from the tickets go to the new leaf project. There are games and competitions as well, even a dunk tank for the mayor. The priority of this event is two-fold. 1) Funnel money into the homeless to help provide them with cash and housing and 2) create an inclusive event that is fun for the community at all ages. Police are not allowed. (307 words)

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?
Requirements: 150+ words.

I had no expectations for Nichael Fitted. I knew i wanted to make a power forward of sorts, but that is difficult with a rookie season. Also, with the removal of the 4th line, i wasn't sure what kind of performance I would be looking at anyway. I knew that Vancouver wouldnt likely deploy me in the top 2 lines, so at the very least I expected to have low time on ice. And I did. However, I had over 100 hits which is more than I thought I would AND i eclipsed Tom Fiddler's rookie season with carolina, again due to the nature of 3rd vs 4th lines. I scored a lot, which i was hoping I could be able to do. Tom Fiddler was more of a playmaker two-way guy, but I wanted to make a low defense winger instead. I am hopeful that my next season will see even more goals and hits than before, even if our possession is so good that hits are scarce. (163 words)

Code:
Task #10 - 2 TPE
It's almost officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make it past the first round of the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 100+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

As noted before, Nichael has a big load (contain yourselves) with the New Leaf project event thingy. It takes a lot of time to put together such an event. But mostly, he'll be trying a new age workout routine. Nichael has been watching a LOT of tiktok and one of things he's stumbled across is those strong men with the hammer workouts and germanic chanting in the background to make it seem more manly. These guys are almost certainly all white supremacists, the bald head is a dead give-away. Despite that, a broken clock can be right twice a day so Nichael has been swinging hammers around. It seems a much more practical workout because he'll be swinging his stick at other players. (123 words)

Code:
Task #15 - Feedback - 2 TPE
With the conclusion of S66, this will be my first full season as SMJHL PT Head. How did you think I did? Could anything be better for future rookies? Are there any areas for improvement when it comes to SMJHL PTs? All feedback is welcome and appreciated!
Ill be honest with you i haven't been paying close attention. The fact that I cant remember is at least a good thing, since most people only remember prompts they don't like. I think everyone typically likes creative prompts BUT i think what most people want is the freedom to write about whatever they want. The idea that a PT MUST adhere to a certain prompt is silly, since no one benefits from it being on or off target. The prompts can and should be suggestive, but in reality if anyone writes 150 SHL related words, they ought to be given the TPE they've earned. Of course we want to keep PTs, it's a driving factor of engagement in this site. But I'd rather see 1 or 2 suggestions every PT, but allow users to write whatever they please. (139 words)

+16

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 08:42 PM by Merica. Edited 6 times in total.)

Task #2: +3 TPE
- I love the Anchorage Armada, always been a dream to play with/for my boy Ragnar, so definitely wouldn’t trade out this experience for any other team, but gun to my head, I would say Carolina Kraken. When I created McKeil, there wasn’t a ton of interest in signing him, but one of the teams was Carolina which came as a shock since seven and I haven’t been very cordial in the past, so I would definitely choose Carolina. I definitely would have made a big impact, McKeil had a solid first season and was a beast in the faceoff circle, so I think going to a rebuilding team like Carolina there would be some instant impact there. I think I would have slotted in 1st/2nd line with the Kraken. Would I improve their cup chances? No, Carolina is a work in progress and my presence alone wouldn’t have changed anything unfortunately, but alas we will never know!
WORD COUNT: 158

Task #6: +3 TPE

- Giving back. Regardless of where you are at in your life, rich, poor, whatever, you should always be looking to help out other team, it’s simply the right thing to do and if more people did our world would be a better place. Connor McKeil decided to donate $2 million to the Mission 22 foundation, an organization that helps out our veteRans and provides them essential services to prevent suicide. As the name implies, 22 veterans commit suicide each day, a staggering number, and it’s groups like Mission 22 that aim to prevent this and just give them someone to talk to if nothing else.

In addition to that, McKeil also hosted an event with the Mission 22 foundation, signing autographs and spending as much time as possible with the real heroes, the ones who allow us to play this game we love so much by protecting everyone and giving us the freedom we so enjoy without a second thought.
WORD COUNT: 161

TASK #10: +2 TPE
Draft time is arguably my favorite time of the year in the SHL. Whether you're an older or newer player it just has a certain element of excitement no matter what because you really don't know whats going to happen this time around. McKeil is definitely spending his time preparing for the draft, putting all his energy into the gym and getting as marketable as possible for potential suitors. McKeil is a solid two-way player with excellent face off skills and while he isn't quite the grinder as some other draftees, he is pretty consistent, so will be interesting to see where he goes.
WORD COUNT: 104

TASK #12: +2 TPE
A. This is an EASY one right here, the only and I mean only choice is BOOM STICK, like what a fucking great name, imagine being the broadcaster and calling out that name anytime he lays down the proverbial BOOM STICK. A+ job there buddy, keep laying down the boom stick. WORD COUNT: 51

C. The key player for the Nevada Battleborn hockey franchise in the Simulation Junior Hockey League is easily Paul Peterson. The centerman put out an impressive 72 points this season, leading the team in points and posting a very impressive shot percentage of 17.4%. Without Peterson it's unlikely they do so well in the regular season. WORD COUNT: 55

TASK #15: +2 TPE
I will say you've done a phenomenal job as point task director, I've had my share of disagreements in the past but you've really done a great job. I cant say I really have any recommendations other than to keep doing what you've been doing. I would even go as far to say you're possibly the best point task director in chief that I've seen in an extremely long time. Shit just runs smooth and the whole PT team seems to be on point on getting things graded and claims out, which is really all you can ask for. Keep it up.
WORD COUNT: 102

TASK #16:
+3 TPE - S66 Milestones

TPE: 16/16

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2022, 09:26 PM by Massive Coiler. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE

Nevada is quite possibly unbeatable. Perfect record in the playoffs so far for a 10 game win streak. This team is unstoppable, as proven by the final stretch of the regular season and opening two series for them in the playoffs. Everyone else might as well just pack up and go home. QCC is good, but I just don’t think they can hang.

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE
If you weren't playing for your current team, which team would you most like to be playing for in the playoffs.  Explain why you chose that team and how you think you'd slot into their roster.  Would your player make a big impact on the team?  Would you improve their chances of winning a cup?
Requirements:  150+ words.

I would have to put some serious thought into it if I were actually going to make a change, because I’m quite content with where I am. I have some buddies around the league, so maybe it’d be cool to play with some of them. Regina comes to mind, with Rod Cocker on LD, we could link up and form a formidable pair. Or Great Falls has Bobby McGinnis on forward and Nino Di Giusseppe on LD, so in that case I would not only get to play D with a buddy of mine, but also have another one playing forward on the same team. I think I would be the biggest help to Great Falls, as I would play pretty high in the lineup, and help in all areas on the ice. Though, I don’t think I would improve their chances to win the cup as they had a very poor season and are currently rebuilding. But adding a higher end dman who can play power play, penalty kill, 5 on 5, any role they want would definitely have helped them at least a little.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

I think the best commemorative item would be the figurine of B Jobin standing on his head for the past season. Goalies were getting hosed, and this team went from the bottom of the league to third thanks to this guy doing so much heavy lifting. Fast tracked a rebuild into contention overnight, this upside down figure “balances” on a stand, manufactured upside down intentionally and given away at a loss (free) to the fans; this item will make the Christmas Eve game the hottest ticket of the year. It should be noted that if you drop it, it will break, as the small head glued to the base is the only thing holding it together with the giant heavy goalie pads weighing it down and throwing off the balance. The Christmas Eve game was chosen both due to the spirit of giving and the fact that the game after the holiday break will smell horrific due to the annual holiday fumigation.

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Professional hockey players are very fortunate, as stated in the question, and I believe one aspect of that needs to be addressed. The cost of playing hockey for a child is extraordinary. It’s unreasonable to ask parents to pay that much for equipment, ice time, everything that goes along with it. Hockey is so hard to get into with this barrier. So Antonio Flusso uses every connection he can get to gather as much equipment as he can and give it back to the Vancouver community. He tries to get everything needed for any player, and has set up a “trade-in” where young players getting bigger can trade in their old equipment for new stuff that fits. Open skates on weekends for kids (paid for by Flusso) to get some practice in, personally buying gear, everything imaginable. Hopefully one day he’ll be able to form a full organization, country wide to
help alleviate some of these costs. Until then, it’s just him and his team.

Code:
Task #10 - 2 TPE

The Vancouver Whalers came out of a rebuild flying. Finishing third in the league was surprising even to management. Their rookies were all contributing heavily and their veterans were making huge jumps. Goaltending went a long way and the team got goal support to match. Everything is pointing in the right direction, because next season the whole team will still be together, having a full season of training and improvement under their belts. The next season or two will probably be the window for this team as they develop and attempt to make that next jump from a great regular season team to a dominant playoff contender. Keep an eye on the rookies and what they do in this draft, because this next season could be something special.

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Antonio Flusso laces up the skates and gives 110% every time he hits the ice. Whether it’s a playoff game, or a practice by himself. He is a well rounded player, good vision, skating, and puck skills. As a rookie he made a huge impact on his junior team, scoring 15 goals for a total of 43 points, without sacrificing anything on the defensive side of things. The complete package in juniors, and nowhere to go but up. He’s believed to be a highly sought after prospect, with several unknown teams expressing interest. The player works hard and plays harder. Right now his greatest strength is his versatility. An all around defenceman who is capable of scoring goals and preventing them. His only knock might be that he doesn’t truly excel at any one aspect, though it could be overlooked as he is currently developing in all areas. He would probably be considered a low floor player, a can’t miss prospect whose ceiling is currently to be determined.

Milestones:

+3 TPE - Milestone

16/16 TPE

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 11:08 AM by BarnabasCollins. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE
  Don't think Nevada can be stopped. Only question is will they do the octopus thing and not lose a game in the playoffs. Sauveterre has been absolutely lights freakin out in goal and though goalies don't get any love in FHM he should probably be the favorite for playoff MVP in my mind. Nickelback and King are also lighting up the lamp from the back end as well, So with great goaltending and offense coming from the back end I can't see Nevada losing this series in any way shape or form.

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Requirements:

The Armada have great love for their fans and as such will be handing out a special gift at the first game of the playoffs. Everyone will receive a wooden ship with one of the Armada players being at the wheel as the captain of the vessel. There is a crazy woodcarving guy living in the deep woods near Anchorage who always shows up at the games with a giant wooden boat featuring all of the Armada players on it. He is a tad smelly in the animal skins he wears but the detail on the boat is simply amazing so the Armada thought to honor him and hand out mini versions of his boat with a single player on each. One potential difficulty however is the boat was designed with a long pointed figurehead sticking out. With no mascot per se it's just a long spear jutting out in front. Hopefully the fans won't start stabbing the opponents fans or each other with it if the game doesn't go the Armada's way.

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Requirements:

Of course Armada player Dusty Rhodes is a popular member of the community and is deeply involved in charitable causes in the Anchorage area. The Anchorage Children's hospital is very near and dear to him and when the team is in town he can always be found there entertaining the sick kids. Through his polka dot foundation Rhodes has given quite a sizable chunk of money to help fund the programs that make it easier for those kids. So Dusty decided to bring his pro wrestling buddies to Anchorage for a charity wrestling event featuring several top names. Since Anchorage is rarely on the wrestling tours this event should generate alot of interest and raise a ton of money for the hospital. The main event will be rookie Rhodes taking on legendary Calgary Dragon Kata Vilde with special guest referee the former Renegades great Vladimir Lidstrom. He also managed to persuade the members of degeneration X to show up and take on the members of the NWO in a special battle royal. It should be a special night and raise a ton of money for a great cause.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Dusty Rhodes had a very interesting first season for the Armada. Drafted to be an enforcer for the team and protect the top guys, Rhodes was able to manage a bit of offense and chip in with 36 points this season. Not too shabby from a third line bruiser. What is interesting however is he was also one of the least penalized players on the squad and didn't even get into a single fight. One has to wonder if the element of fear played a part in this. Were the players in the J so scared of the physical stature and reputation of Rhodes that they simply stayed away from him and allowed him to roam untouched, giving him the ability to generate some offense? Or was Rhodes so scared in his rookie season of his coach benching him for being overly aggressive that he simply never found the timing right to drop the gloves so as not to penalize his team? I'd prefer to think it's the former, that Rhode's reputation has the entire SMJHL so scared of getting their asses handed to them that they just simply stayed away from him.

Code:
Task #10 - 2 TPE

Dusty Rhodes will be spending his offseason on a food tour of the states. A huge Guy Fieri fan, Rhodes is always watching Diners,Drive Ins and Dives every chance he gets. Finding it too difficult to try and make the recipes on his own, Rhodes has listed his favorite episodes and has mapped out a road trip to visit all these places and try the food first hand. Not being comfortable in a small car like Fieri's convertible, Rhodes will be driving his custom polka dot Cadillac DeVille from town to town as he goes on what promises to be an epic culinary adventure. The team has already warned him about not being out of shape coming into camp next season so the last month of the offseason will be spent at the WWE performance center trying to get back into fighting shape for the upcoming Armada season.

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S66 SHL draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Dusty Rhodes is a bruising winger for the Anchorage Armada. Drafted as an enforcer, teams in the SMJHL were very hesitant to draft Rhodes and he was finally taken in the 4th round by the Armada. Rhodes has been a pleasant surprise for the Armada in that he was able to show some offensive talent and contribute to the team with 36 points in his rookie season. So Rhodes is far from the one trick pony many thought when looking at his fighting abilities. In fact Rhodes appears to be very careful in choosing his moments and was actually one of the least penalized players on the Armada. It's pretty much expected that Rhodes will be an afterthought in the SHL draft as well since typically SHL GMs are notoriously short sighted when it comes to player's specific abilities. This despite the fact that Rhodes has outworked many of those drafted ahead of him in the SHL draft. Still being an enforcer teams are expected to shy away from Rhodes. A forward thinking GM such as perhaps Calgary's Muerto may decide to give the big forward a shot in the big league since Rhodes has shown he has a bit of offense in him. Either way Rhodes will show up and grind away for whoever decides to utilize the big man's unique skill set.

Code:

Like with the SHL, you will have the opportunity to cover up to 3/16 TPE with milestones relating to your player's performance/accolades during the season. Link your post in the Milestones thread and post your comment in your CW reply to claim.

+2 TPE - SMJHL Milestones

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Code:
Task #1 - 1 TPE

I had Nevada winning it all just like I knew the Falcons would win it all last season. The power of the 1st seed is quite strong I think. Always seems to be in these hockey games sadly. Makes it a tad boring. But they had a well built team so I am not surprised they pulled it off. QCC were a forward and 2 very specific defenders away from winning it I feel :smirk:

[75 words]

Code:
Task #2 - 3 TPE

I mean I have no real idea. I have a small connection to the Vancouver Whalers and I technically would've helped them like i did years back and I have a connection to the Detroit Falcons as well from last year who I did not help whatsoever to a ring. They sadly lost too much from last season to be able for my player to help them past a couple of extra points or stop a handful of extra goals, who knows.

I think my low TPE ass would have been great depth for a few teams, maybe even QCC or Nevada but I was never joining them so honestly no point in ever thinking about that. I live rent free for them not the other way around.
Maybe Yukon would not have been upset earlier on in the playoffs if they had me but I do not really know much about the team to know if they even needed an extra D for depths.

Honestly I am happy on the Raptors and I do not need to even think about joining any other team going forwards.

[187 words]

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE

I mean this season went way better than my original rookie season as a 4th line forward that got like 8 points. So the fact as a defender I got 25 points is insane to me how much more useful I was on attack yet alone defending.

I just really wanted to enjoy the minors again after the Whalers cucked me and I am 100% happy with everything that has happened. It may not have ended how everyone would have wanted since a few did want to make the finals and win but what can you do. Sim will sim. I do not really care about championships cause I have so bloody many over all the sim leagues but I am really happy with the journey that we had and that I could introduce it to Aneeq and I think we've all enjoyed the locker room.

I hope the future seasons are not as painful as Jon's career was and overall it is just a more pleasant and chill experience.

[170 words]

Code:
Task #9 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Quite honestly I am looking forward to next season more than cause I will be at maximum TPE for the minors and will be more of a brick wall than I already have been. Plus if the 2 semi finalist of the season us Falcons won I am looking very forward doing the same next season as we are having quite a lot of us stay down so it will be fun to dominate the season again. I think running into the team I did pick to win it all in predictions is better than losing in the finals and gaining false hope so I cannot wait to have fun with my friends and hopefully become a Colorado Raptors legend with my good friends. Aneeq and Pau and Nate have all enjoyed being on the Raptors and hopefully we will on the Swiss when they finally bloody pick us for a tournament. The future looks so bright for us from here so it will be fun to see what actually happens next season.

[173 words]

Code:
Task #12 - 1-3 TPE
Answer up to 3 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B.  You're in another timeline where Colorado and St. Louis are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's playoffs compared to ours where they lost in the semi finals?
C. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped get our finalists into the playoffs. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A - Okay this is an easy one as the owl based team from Quebec City have Evok's player on it. Nevek Kone is the best name of both teams and she honestly beats most other teams so honestly I think I might not be the only one that answers this. If I am shame on them, It just rolls off the tongue.

[59 words]

B - Well in that timeline I think Aneeq's character. The defender from Colorado Raptors with the surname Zopf was not a bozo and showed up and went bigger on his minutes rather than just cuck his team when we needed him most. I assume he played but it is fun to blame Aneeq and usually it works out for us.

[60 words]

C - Once again I must mention Nevek Kone as even though she is a rookie she is blessed and really, really good. If we had made the finals I would have said the same for Pau Adrian's rookie instead cause he had quite the regular season so maybe it is a low tpe new engine sort of thing but they made a difference in a lot of games so they count.

[70 words]

Code:

Milestones + 3

Total 16

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2022, 05:21 PM by JustAnotherHockeyFan. Edited 4 times in total.)

Task #16 +3 TPE - SMJHL Milestones

Task #2 +3 TPE
If I were to play for another team in the juniors, I would have probably been playing for Nevada. My reasoning for this being, they were the team I felt had the best conversations with prior to the draft. We went back and forth a bit, and thought maybe was going to be drafted by them. It didn't work out that way, though I am ecstatic to be playing in Detroit. I definitely would be slotting in as a bottom 6 forward. Whether it was on the wing or up the middle at the center role. They only have one natural center in Nevada, but that doesn't stop them from putting some wingers in. It is hard to say that I would improve the Battleborn roster, as they just swept their way into a championship. That being said I definitely think I would help their roster, as I had a fairly strong season myself.

Task #6 - 3 TPE
Giving back to our fan base/city is huge in Detroit. We are often found helping out in soup kitchens, and even walking around town providing the less fortunate with blankets and sleeping bags etc. Though my favorite way I give back is with a program here. We help teach people with special needs how to play hockey. This program is inclusive of people of all ages. We have three different levels, junior, intermediate, and seniors. You are placed into a group depending on your abilities. The junior group is one on one pairing. I had the privilege of working with this young girl this season. She has down syndrome, and though she is a half decent skater. Getting her to pay attention can be tough. I created a few games with her, and by the end of our first session the parents had come over thanking me. They said they have never seen their daughter skate so much in one ice time. This is the kind of stuff a community needs to come together for.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
This rookie season was a blast for me. I enjoyed everything from the draft, right up until the final buzzer of the regular season. Wanted to thank Vaxlare for all the help he gave me during these times! I feel I probably overperformed this season if anything! I lead our team in goals this season with 27. As a rookie first generation player that was an exciting feat to accomplish. I also had a large number of hits which shocked me this season. I thought my player was going to be offensive minded, and not go into the corners. I was quite shocked to see my hit numbers when I finally figured out how to check stats. I'll be honest, I had zero expectations going into this season. I wasn't really sure what I was getting myself into, but once I got more comfortable it all started to make sense. So I feel I exceeded any expectations I might have had, and thoroughly enjoyed my first ever sim league season. I would like to improve on my power play points next season. I only put up a handful of powerplay points considering I lead the team in goals. Special teams are crucial for a teams success so I feel that is an area I can be a big help with.

Task #9 - 3 TPE
Detroit was definitely in their first season of rebuild this year. They won the season prior, and their big core players moved onto the big leagues. We were not expected to win by any means, and I feel we did well considering how some other teams truly were. Our star goalie Toms Zile moves onto the big leagues this year. That leaves a big spot to fill for our goaltending going forward. That said, we have quite a few young S66 & S67 players coming up that will be exciting to watch. I think Detroit's core will be fun to watch come S69 where we will be a dominate team in the league. This year don't be surprised for us to make a push into the playoffs, and maybe upset a team or two. We have Bnana Waffles and Julian Florisch who will have their TPE cap raised going into their third season. That will be huge for their first line minutes. Look for them to lead the team the next two years. S67 Bohdan Jarovsky will be TPE capped for the regular season before it even begins. That in itself should be exciting for their future as well.

Task #10 - 2 TPE
Well I got an early start to the off season, as Detroit did not make the playoffs this year. After our last game this year, I had already made arrangements to head back home. I paid a newly found friend to watch over my dog in Detroit while I headed back home to the Czech. It was amazing to see my family again, they had a little celebration for me at the airport. I treated this summer, as if I was coming back from school and enjoying my summer vacation. Relaxed a lot, went for bike rides with friends, hung out a bunch, played a lot of SHL 67. It was crazy to think I would potentially be drafted into the SHL this season coming up. My friends, and family did a good job helping me take that stress off my mind. Once we got closer to the season, I started getting back into my training regiment. Lots of practice stick handling around the rural areas on my roller blades. Going to the gym to try and put some muscle on. Got to stop myself from getting knocked off the puck! On my final night, we had a large party. The entire neighbourhood was invited. Lots of music, and food for all. It was one of my favourite moments in my life to date. I miss home, but I will make them proud this season.

TPE Total 17/16
TPE to claim 16/16

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 09:17 AM by CrazyMojito. Edited 1 time in total.)

Quote:Task #7 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:

F: Shylo Moxii – How could I not choose the centre from my line and the leading goal scorer in the league. My dream team is meant to win games and you win games by scoring more goals than the other team. Shylo is also a leader on and off the ice for QCC so more reasons why this is a no brainer.

F: Paul Peterson -  Probably the top candidate to win rookie of the year for the J this season. Led Nevada in scoring despite being a first year player.

F: Din Djarin – Come on, this guy is the Mandalorian. How do I not put him on my dream team. Also a point per game player last season, he’d fit in well with the type of dream team I'm trying to create.

D: Nevek Kove – First year player with 58 Takeaways and also an amazing person. Couldn’t imagine not having them on the backend for my dream team

D: Seamus O’Slapahan – Speaking of takeaways, this guy had 93 of them while blocking 74 shots and laying 133 hits. Pairing them with Kove is going to leave our goalie feeling pretty bored in the crease

G: Justin Time – Greatest goalie in the league and the only person I want guarding my crease. I don’t think any more needs to be said for RAmen and his player. (226 words)

Quote:Task #8 - 3 TPE

I can’t be anything less than thrilled about my players debut season in the SMJHL. For a player who is all about passing and not about scoring at all, St. Clair was able to hit 11 goals on the season and added 32 assists for 43 total points. I won’t lie though with the opportunity to play on the 1st line of what was supposed to be the best team in the league, at least on paper, I thought he could have done better. Unfortunately things didn’t go as we all hoped it would in QCC and saw my players role reduced slightly and getting the lowest ice time on the team and near the bottom of the league. I understood that though, team needed to win games things needed to be done to make that happen.

Next season with a lot of the team graduating to the SHL St. Clair should be taking on a larger role and moving back to his natural position as a centre. Improving some awareness and working on skating and offensive traits should see St. Clair become the dynamic centre I am aiming for him to be. (193 words)

Quote:Task #10 - 2 TPE

Well, I didn’t win the cup, but we did make it further than the 1st round. Having lost to Nevada in the finals, I’m left with bittersweet feelings heading into the draft and the offseason. One positive takeaway from it though is the offseason is shorter and the next season is just right around the corner. Until then though its time to head back to Halifax and start training as there is a large opportunity awaiting me next season in Quebec City and I want to make sure I am ready to deliver. Also while growing up in Halifax I was surrounded by many people who spoke French, it was never a language I took the time to fully learn and understand. So time to take some French lessons so I can really connect with Citadelles fans and the community there. (141 words)

Quote:Task #11 - 3 TPE

Jack St. Clair – Centre – Quebec Citadelles

Jack is top end prospect who has all the tools to be an elite centre in the SHL. His ability to find open ice and carry the puck is already exceptional and as he continues to grow those abilities are only going to get better. He is very good in his own end and working on his positioning will make him a real two way threat. Despite being one of the more heavy hitters in the league in his rookie season at the junior level, that’s not really his game and more a result of his determination, and his size and strength. Call it an added bonus. As his body grows and matures so to will his strength, balance, and stamina and will be a real bull on the puck and should have no problems competing in the SHL when the time comes for his rookie season.

St. Clair will continue to work on his passing to compliment his unbelievable vision and any wingers paired with him on a line can expect a big boost to their goal totals. He will also continue to work on his skating so when he starts wheeling the puck he will fly from end to end evading defenders and dishing the puck off creating offensive chances every time he steps on to the ice.

Look for St. Clair to go very early in the draft. (237 words)

Quote:Task #15 - Feedback - 2 TPE
With the conclusion of S66, this will be my first full season as SMJHL PT Head. How did you think I did? Could anything be better for future rookies? Are there any areas for improvement when it comes to SMJHL PTs? All feedback is welcome and appreciated!

First off, congratulations on being PT head! I wasn’t aware this was your first season which isn’t much a surprise since I’ve been so out of touch with J for the past 10 seasons. This isn’t meant as any criticism aimed at Leviadan as I think he is doing a fantastic job too, but I was really struggling to write PTs the past couple seasons. Not sure if it was regression killing my motivation or just found it hard to come up with 150 words sometimes. This past season I can’t remember really struggling at all and some of the PTs were actually fun to write about. I’m sorry I can’t think of any ways for you to improve, but definitely keep up the good work! (126 words)

Quote:Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE - COMING SOON

S66 SMJHL Milestone Link

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 10:05 AM by Andy. Edited 1 time in total.)

I think Nevada for me was the clear favorite to win. As seeing that they won. I don't think it was going to be close. I felt that going into the season that QCC was never going to be as strong as seen by my initial season predictions. I think it was finally their time to win it

I would definitely have to say Nevada. During the pre draft process their GMs really impressed me. I had great talks with both of them and had a lot in common with them. I definitely think familiarity would have been a plus with going there. The other part of the question is where my player would have fit in on the team. Most likely would have been a third liner hoping for power play time. With so many good capped players, it would have been very difficult to crack top playing time. Definitely being a depth forward contributing occasionally would have been a good experience for me winning wise. I think I would have helped solidify their cup win. I did rack up 40 points this season so giving even most of that contribution to Nevada could have helped. I think I probably would have had 25 total points in Nevada during the regular season and maybe just 5 during the playoffs

Honestly I enjoyed the PT's this season. I definitely think its always about recycling ideas and trying to keep it fresh. I honestly really have no complaints. I do sometimes wish there was more versions of predictions that we could do but I don't really see that as viable. I definitely think the team representation was good in all of the preictions from the 3 vs 3 as well as the individual game predictions. I think what made predictions more fun this time as well is that GM's couldn't test sim so you didn't have to pick something. It was much more about Gut reaction then it was anything else. Great job!

SMJHL Milestone Link +3

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Task #1 - 1 TPE
As much as I would love to see Quebec pull off an upset or at least make this a series, I just can’t bring myself to say that there is even a small chance for them. Nevada has just been looking far too strong coming out of the regular season and have been sweeping their way to the finals.

Task #2 - 3 TPE
If I got to choose a team to play for in the playoffs it would definitely have to be the Nevada Battleborn. Honestly this is mostly just because I would really like to win a cup in juniors and they are easily my favorite to win it all. If I was on the roster I would easily be able to slot in on either the second or third pairings. Adding me to the third pairing would allow Dan King to move to his natural position as a forward. Alternatively, one of Chamai Malachi or Tanner Aittokallio can come out of the second pairing. In the case of Aittokallio, I am younger which would add some youth to the team too. I have also out-performed both second pairing dmen on both ends of the ice and I am a more physical force as well. Really though, which team wouldn’t love to add an all-star rookie defenseman to their lineup?

Task #16 - 3 TPE
Milestones

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png]  [Image: zmWhIQu.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 09:59 PM by Shmurph. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Task #4 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.
[Image: lZyPDtM.png]

Code:
Task #5 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

[Image: Mf2tfyz.png]

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

[Image: fgKhOC9.png]

Code:
Task #7 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the two teams in the four star cup finals (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

[Image: Gswmyti.png]

Code:
Task #13 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

[Image: WDtbrjZ.png]

Code:
Task #16 - Milestones - Up to 3 TPE
Only 3 TPE

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

Task 1 (1 TPE)
As much as I love the Quebec City Citadelles and what their star player, Shylo Moxii was able to do this season, I have to go with the Nevada Battleborn to be the Four-Star Champion this season. They are currently sitting at 12-0 during this postseason run and none of the games have even seemed close. I think they will be able to cement themselves as one of the best SMJHL teams ever by going undefeated this postseason.

Task 4 (2 TPE)
In order to give back to the fans the Great Fall Grizzlies gave out Bobby McGinnis wearing a spider-man suit bobblehead. The bobblehead will depict the classic scene from Toby McGuire’s spider-man, which spider man hanging upside down waiting for a kiss. Only on this bobble head, instead of Maryjane, it will be Nino Di Giuseppe. This bobblehead will actually feature two different bobbling heads and would be given out when the Grizzlies play against the Vancouver Whalers since Bojack Calhoun will want to add one of these bobbleheads to his collect. Bobby is a known spider-man fan and this will be a celebration for his All-Star selection.

Task 6 (3 TPE)
With his Italian heritage, Nino Di Giuseppe took some time during this offseason to try to help expand the game of hockey to the Southern European country. Italy is more known for their soccer, or football, prestige but wherever there can be ice, there can be hockey. Di Giuseppe donated some of his salary from this season in order to fund the development of a hockey program in the northern regions of Italy. This is something that is close to Di Giuseppe’s heart as he wants to give back to his community as well as let people in Italy know that hockey is something that you can make a living from, even if you’re from a country that’s not a traditional hockey market. Nino Di Giuseppe then spent 2 weeks holding  and coaching a team in a tournament for kids that are between the ages of 9 – 14, which would include the age groups of Atom, Pee Wee, and Bantam.

Task 10 (2 TPE)
Nino Di Giuseppe is spending his offseason by taking a little vacation until the playoffs end. He went back to his home country of Switzerland to enjoy the nice weather. However, once the playoffs are finished Di Giuseppe started his intense training regime of running up and down stairs while listening to “Eye of the Tiger” on a Bluetooth speaker. While preparing for the SHL draft, Nino Di Giuseppe also joined the training camp for his local Swiss league team, the Ticino Rockets. After realizing that the competion wasn’t up to his standards, Di Giuseppe joined the Italian National Team for their Summer training, in hopes of learning how to make great lasagna.

Task 11 (3 TPE)
Nino Di Giuseppe is an average height that has great offensive potential. Most scouts would call Di Giuseppe a mix between a playmaking defenseman and a two-way defenseman. He is not one to be out of position often, as he knows when to pinch and when to let his forwards handle the offense. His shot is still developing and may be a big reason why he could get some powerplay one time in the upcoming season. Di Giuseppe does have the build to be fast-tracked into the SHL, with great possession numbers on a less than great team. However, he would benefit greatly from an increase in ice time in the SMJHL before being called up. Nino is projected to go in the later rounds of this upcoming SHL draft and could be a great value pick and can provide some great stability to the back end of any team.

Task 13 (3 TPE)
Congratulations to the Nevada Battleborn on winning the Four-Star Championship. Nevada went on an absolute tear this postseason, not losing a single game and going 12-0. The team had star forwards Paul Peterson (20 points in 12 games play) and Din Djarin (16 points in 12 games played). However, this wasn’t a team that was built only by the offense. Defensemen like Michael Byfuglin lead the way with a Corsi For Percentage of 68%. In fact, every player on the Battleborn was above 58% corsi making the team almost unstoppable at even strength. A team that worked together so well was also backed up by elite goaltending. Valerian Sauveterre played 11 of the games for the Battleborn and only let in 17 goals for a 1.43 GAA and a 0.933 SV%. This put him in serious conversation for the series MVP. He averaged a 77 game rating throughout the entire playoffs. Dexter Harrison also played one game and only let in 1 goal on 18 shots to get his team the win with a 0.944 sv%.

Task 15 (2 TPE)
This was my first season in the SMJHL back after taking a long break and I have to say that this is the most invested that I have been. I think that you did a fantastic job and there really isn’t anything I have to say to improve on for you personally. Even the SMJHL PTs were fun to do and didn’t take up too much time which let me be able to accomplish them. I personally like a couple of smaller ones rather than doing large essays in order to get the TPE to upgrade my character. I’m looking forward to next season and hope that it goes just as well, if not better.

[Image: ADOQcvG.png]
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: wu5MVvy.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Task #4 – 2 TPE

This season lucky fans that come out for fan appreciation day will be the lucky recipients of a one-of-a-kind collectible. The item this year is truly unique knights action figure that features some of your favorite knights. Each of these figurines has a unique action. Some will drop their gloves, some will lose teeth and some will celly. This is the second batch of these collectables as the first few had major production defects. These will also be available for purchase at the event. Of course all these figurines will be made from wood, cloth, and straw, as a nod to the knights medieval origins.

Task #6 - 3 TPE

Potential spam is a strong proponent of community engagement and does his best to give back whenever there is an opportunity. In fact, Potential runs a series of nonprofits in his spare time. These organizations missions range from restoring foreign monarchs to education the public on automobile warranties. This particular event was a fundraiser aimed at securing funding to lobby for lower fracking regulations. Most of the turnout for the event were wealthy oil tycoons that were very willing to invest in such an endeavor. The only downside of this is that the actual organization hosting the event does not technically exist and their donations may have been accidentally wired to several bank accounts in the Caymans. The guests do get to go home with some pretty great party favors so they certainly don’t go home empty handed. Potential made sure to donate a good bit of cash as well to avoid some suspicion as this isn’t his first rodeo.

Task #8 - 3 TPE
I feel like this season went a little different than I had anticipated for neither better nor worse. Going into the league I had intended to build a solid two way defenseman that would be able to move the puck effectively from defense to offense. This did not really pan out this season as Potential Spam did not contribute a ton of assists but did generate a ton of shots from the blue line. Not many of these actually went in but shockingly four of them came in one game. I feel like a natural hattrick as a rookie defenseman isn’t too shabby. Other than that I spent a lot more time in the box than I intended going into the season. However the turnover to giveaway ratio was strong so at the end of the day that’s all I really wanted. Maybe next season it will lead to a cup.

Task #9 - 3 TPE
So your team got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?
Kelowna may have had a rough season this year but we’ve got a lot of good things coming our way next season. The way it looks right now we should have at least 4 members of this past s67 draft class at or close to the tpe cap by the midway point of the season. As far as I know we won’t be losing anyone to the SHL so the vets will still be around to anchor the team. I think this will definitely contribute to an improved d line and defensive play overall that was an issue this past season, as our poor goaltender was consistently shelled by shots for 60 minutes per game. I’m sure this will also help some offensive production as we couldn’t seem to score some games. With the addition of some new blood in the upcoming draft I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel that is this rebuild.

Task #11 - 3 TPE
Potential Spam comes into the draft after a below average season in Kelowna where penalty minutes vastly outnumbered points. That being said this young defenseman is brimming with potential, pun intended. Potential is a well balanced defenseman that exceled this past season at puck protection, only coughing up turnovers an handful of times while generating a good number of turnovers himself. Potential is able to make good decisions both in the offensive and defensive ends and has some of the best hockey iq and instincts among the other defenseman in his draft class. While his speed is nothing to right home about Potential Spam’s strong position play helps keep him in the play. If he wants to make an impact in the league he will likely have to address this lack of foot speed and has got to hit the weight room hard this offseason. Overall I think teams should be excited about this puck moving, defenseman.

Milestones = +2 tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3258340