Create Account

(GRADED) A deep dive into "KILLowna" (Deep dive#2)
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2022, 06:26 PM by Opera_Phantom. Edited 1 time in total.)

The knights had a tough season this year, but has it always been this way? Well I did some "Deep diving" into the history of the Kelowna Knights and to be quite frank they have quite the decorated past and this season does not represent Kelowna's past. The Kelowna Knights are twelve-time champions, Twelve! That's an impressive number, and one could argue that is why they are in what we call the "Rebuild stage" Winning a championship in Seasons two, three, eleven, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-five, thirty-one, thirty-two, And completing a three-peat in seasons forty, forty-one and forty-two before winning their last championship in season fifty-nine. I truly believe that Kelowna with a bit of "elbow grease" Could easily come back to this winning habit, and it all starts now! Rebuilding isn't easy in this league, it's hard to put the weight of the organization not only on your general managers but also on the rookies you draft, which can be a make-it-or-break-it aspect for a team during its rebuild stages.
Kelowna currently finished dead last in the SMJHL, despite numerous efforts by the staff to build a high-calibre team, but it's not at any fault of the general managers, sometimes that's just how things work out, a lot is going to depend on how many players get called up this season to the SHL, if Kelowna sees a mass number of call ups it could be right back to the drawing board for them and yet it'll be another attempt at a rebuild. The best case scenario for Kelowna is the see some of their now veteran players stay and a successful draft in hopes to make a push for the playoffs.

Like I said before Kelowna is a team with history, being founded in Season two by "Koradek" it didn't take them long to get started on the right path. Coming out the gates like what one would say a "bat out of hell" Kelowna winning a championship in their inaugural season is not an easy feat but I'm sure it's one that is still discussed to this day in the SMJHL. Taking a look back at the inaugural season the Kelowna Knights first-ever draft pick in the first round was none other than "Ford Prefect" someone who would become drafted by the Jets sixth overall in the season three draft, just below his Kelowna teammate Trevor Smith who was drafted by the drafted Dragons. Trevor Smith is considered one of the main contributers to that inaugural season championship, Smith scoring the game-winning overtime goal in the championship game and winning the defensive forward of the year award. Smith would late become a GM for the Dragons

Now its all in the hands of "Kelowna's Futures" if Kelowna can really buckle down and cross their fingers this upcoming draft I think we could see them being another dominant force within the SMJHL. However I think if we revisit the possibilities of them losing a few of their veteran players, it could be a big setback for them, we all know the main goal is to make it to the SHL but does Kelowna have a few stars on their team that want to see the once great Kelowna raise the cup once again for the first time in over six seasons? I guess..we..will..have...to..wait...and...see. Thanks for reading.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

@TheHammer43 APPROVED! +5 TPE