Create Account

Calling it Quits

After a career I had only dreamed of as a young boy playing hockey in the Netherlands, featuring MVPs across both the junior and senior circuits, somehow holding the record for most goals in a season once, and winning four Challenge Cups, I feel it's time to pack it in and say goodbye after this season. I think I'm at the point in my career where I can't help a team on the ice as much as I want to. I'd always known that I was nearing the end of my career as recently as S62, and I think at this point, I know that I've accomplished all that I have wanted to in the SHL. Sixteen seasons ago, I entered the SMJHL as an immature rookie who thought everything was going to be handed to him. I think I leave the SHL now as a far more mature adult, having grown wise to the ways of the league. But it wouldn't be a goodbye without thanking those who have helped me become the player and person I've grown into across my time in the SHL.

Anchorage. Where would I be without you? Initially I didn't even want to be there, and my first day was not the best to say the least. But, thanks to the great leadership of @Ascolap and a great LR with folks like @hotdog, @honkerrs, @Ferda, @goldenglutes, @Gwdjohnson, @ml002, @Weretarantula, @Wearingabear, @Jepox, and so many more. Without you, I probably wouldn't have become as active as I was for most of my career, eventually somehow worked my way into becoming the co-GM of the team alongside the awesome @Ragnar, and have been able to be around even more cool people like @HighStickKing, @MementoMori, @Vulfzilla, @breidaqueduc, and @jeffie43, as well as others. Seriously, there have been so many great people I've met due to being on the Armada and eventually becoming a member of the front office that I'm most definitely forgetting some, and I'm sorry if I am.

I was drafted by New Orleans, and even though it didn't last very long, I'm grateful for the chance to have started my SHL career there. You're welcome for the cup-winning goal.

The trade to New England shocked me, but I had always wanted to play there, and when I'd told New Orleans management that I was going to walk as soon as I could, the Wolfpack were arguably THE destination for me. It goes without saying that I truly enjoyed my time getting to play for one of the most historic franchises in SHL history, and playing with great people such as @kenvald, @bbjygm, @Zema, @JaytheGreat, @bilbo, @Zomp, and of course the goat (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn. The biggest regret of my entire SHL tenure is the incredibly poor way I handled my exit from New England and the sheer immaturity I displayed throughout it all, and I do feel that it impacted the organization's opinion of me in the worst way possible, for which I'm truly sorry. But I won't let that cloud the fact that I got to spend most of my formative SHL years as part of a legendary organization and play with some awesome people.

Hamilton is a one of a kind place. It always will be. Without the support of people like @Hallsy, @RotticusScott, @aaronwilson, and @nour, I in no way would have had the career that I somehow ended up having. With them and great teammates like Gabe, GA, @JSS, @JSS331, @dmills3, @HanTheMan_, @dogwoodmaple, @jtam, and more, we became one of the greatest teams in league history, winning three Challenge Cups (and making the finals more times than I could count). I still talk in the LR to this day, and while most probably have the perception of the Steelhawks as reclusive cheaters trying to game the system (probably not anymore since the Steelhawks have been worse as of late, but I'm sure that perception still persists), I see them as a huge family. Guys who haven't played on the team for years like Waters and JP are still integral parts of the locker room, and while it may seem hard (and it sure was for me when I first was traded there) as someone just coming into the team to assimilate, you'll soon find that the Steelhawks are a welcoming bunch. Hammy, I owe you so much. Thanks for letting me be a part of the ride.

It was a hard choice to leave Hamilton, but I knew my career was winding down and my ice time there would be better used for a younger player. I almost went back to New England, which has an incredibly bright future ahead of them, but for me, being from South Jersey, there was always one place I wanted to end my career with: Philadelphia. Getting to be around guys from Anchorage and Hamilton like Ass, Gabe, GA, and Bear was always going to be alluring, and through Philly I've gotten to meet some great people. I'd already known @Drokeep from my time on the SMJHL Awards Committee, was teammates with @slothfacekilla on New Orleans, and I'd had positive interactions with guys like @gurbs and @KaleSalad, but meeting legends like @EvilAllBran, @Aleris, @.simo, @.Laser, and @Thelastheraclid has been awesome. Philadelphia, like Hamilton, is an incredibly tight-knit group, and while I haven't been as active in the LR as I've wanted to be, I truly love the Forge and can't wait to spend my last season with them.

And how could I forget Switzerland? @Segi is one of the greats, and he's built a great group of guys and gals. I had the privilege of being his co-head for a while, and I got to know the people there real well. Guys like @Mutedfaith, @MrFinland @Toivo, @Mediocre_Fred, @By-Tor, @CountChocula, @FinnRhys, @gaby, @Retu (who's done a fantastic job as Anchorage co; you're doing way better than I did), and @Rancidbudgie (as well as even more I'm 100% forgetting; sorry about that) were part of the core that helped Switzerland win two silvers before finally breaking through for our first gold. That gold win meant so much to me as a player who's been on every Swiss team since S51, and I can't wait to help them win more medals in the future. There's no other IIHF federation I could see myself playing for.

I end my career as part of the Triple Gold Club and on course to break the 800 point threshold by the end of next season, as well as the accolades I mentioned at the very beginning. Without the people I've thanked here, and many more, I would have never had the career I ended up enjoying. Mitchell started when I was about to start my sophomore year in high school; now, I'm about to start my freshman year of college. I'd like to think I've matured a lot since then, with the teams I've played for helping me with that along the way. Thank you so much.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Congrats on the great career yo

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Congrats on amazing career bloosy. Here’s to another legendary player

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

YOU'RE MY BOY BLUE

Absolute legend, loved getting to play with you mate!

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Was always an honor sharing a LR. All the way back to those S35 Crows.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Thank you for carrying me in fantasy legend

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

What an amazing career, congrats on all you've done

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Congrats on a helluva career, Bloos, and good luck in college!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Heck yea man was a great career glad you joined us in Philly to end your career!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Franchise cornerstone for the Birds, bloos. You were nothing but a great teammate, great friend, and someone I wish could've been on the team forever!

[Image: rotti.gif]

Congrats on the great career bloos

[Image: Jepox.gif]

wow a ping

What a great career! Hope, we can see your next player match those successes!

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

<3

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

Congrats dude! Good luck in college

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]