Create Account

S67 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2022, 02:47 PM by Frenchie. Edited 1 time in total.)

SMJHL HO Questions

- Player Name: 

Derek Martin

- Position: 

LW

- Recreate or First-Gen? 

First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? 

Reddit

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): 

Frenchie#0328

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 

Around 5 for now. I still need to assess this sim and how much I can/should invest in it to have as much fun without it hindering other priorities.

SMJHL GM Questions

- Is water wet? 

I will not assume the wetness of water. Water knows if its wet.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?

I hope to have an environnement full of enjoyable teammates and staff to help me along in my SMJHL journey, from development as a player to development as an individual within the leagues. I hope my team to be competitive or have that hunger to win, no matter the circumstances, a no giving up attitude.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

I have no real expectations length wise as far as my junior career goes. I hope my career is successful in a sense that I can seamlessly progress towards the show, meaning I hope I spend just the right amount of time to develop my game enough to be able to properly contribute at the SHL level. That being said, I have the drive to become the best player I can, meaning that I hope to make good strides in as little time as possible and to end up as a highly touted prospect in the draft.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team?

If I can help a rebuild, I would be glad to do so. I have a strong work ethic and believe that everything is earned. Through work, commitment and teamplay, I hope to help the team as I can. I have a strong winning mentality and hope to bring this to the table.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

I had.

- How do you feel about walruses?

They seem like an animal that should not exist, yet they do. They're pretty cool and goofy, yet they scare me with their enormous teeth. They can also swim 34 kph which is crazy.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

In recent memory, the game winning goal in game 7 by Arturri Lekhonen that sent Montreal to the SCF.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?

Ski touring in the winter and bouldering in the summer.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)

Haute Démoltion by Jean-Philippe Baril Guérard (yes, I am French). Its a very interesting read into anxiety, depression and heartbreak centered around the stand-up comedy scene in quebec. Although I don't do standup, it gave meaningful insight into dealing with our emotions while providing comedic relief at times.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?

The interactions with people as well as the journey. Although results are cool and all, if you had fun along the way and enjoyed the process of becoming a good player and a good team, then results matter less.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?

Snorlax, because who does not like a big dude that sleeps.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

I am looking to create a smart play making winger with a high hockey IQ, great vision and a knack for feeding teammates and helping elevate their game. More offensively driven, I hope to not be a defensive liability.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

Samoyed, because fluff and cute and I am about to have one soon.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

- Player Name: Alexis Texas

- Position: Goalie

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? The Reddit posting on r/hockey

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): AlexisTexasRanger#1653

I'm a student currently so this varies by the week. Currently I have around 10+ but as the year moves on that number may fluctuate.

- Is water wet? 

No! Water is a fluid.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? 

I'm just looking for a new game to immerse myself into. I hope that any team that drafts me is welcoming and has a spot for me to play on their team.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? 

I'm in it for the long haul. I hope to one day make the big leagues and that will always be the goal, but I'm okay with working my way towards that. You'll have a dedicated player at your disposal in net.

Sure! I'm happy no matter where I land. 

Not really.

I don't know much about them, but tusks are cool I guess.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

Playing outdoors.

Chess!

The best book I've read is Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers. It was an incredibly interesting read on how it takes both opportunity through circumstance AND hard work to become ultra successful. (For any of the GMs that have read it, Alexis Texas is born in January so you can be assured I'll be a great hockey player Wink )

Getting to know your teammates so that you can easily talk about the league, team, strategy and life with each other

Has to be a Swellow. I used to destroy Gyms with my Swellow in Emerald.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

All offense all day baby! Joking aside I'd like to become a reliable option in net with excellent position and save skills.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

A corgi. They've got the juice.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

- Player Name: Lazos Otasrob / Updates Thread

- Position: Left Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? RL Brother of Rublic

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Arkonius#7504

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions): 

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) I'm on the computer 1-2 times a day

- Is water wet? Who or what isn't wet.

Great community and experience what the SMJHL is all about.

I am open to wherever my career takes me. Want it to be as organic as possible.

I am happy to play on any team that drafts me. Just here to experience the league for the first time.

Yup! Been there multiple times.

Reminds me of Andy Reid (KC Chiefs Head Coach)

Copied this from Rublic. Exactly this "Playing NHL video games growing up with my brother.  We would each make 3-5 players and put together a team with them then we would go through a season to see how many points our players got."

Fantasy Sports, Stock trading / research.

Probably the Wealthy Barber. Suggest it for any and everyone who wants to understand finances.

The community 100%

Ganger - Probably one of my favourite to have in Pokemon Red.

Offensive minder player with ok defense. Probably closest comparison would be PK Subban.

Black Lab, Retriever, Collie Cross. This is the dog I have who we rescued from a local animal shelter. His name is Arkonius (hence my name on here). He goes by Arko though.

- Player Name: Matiss Ozolinsh

- Position: RW

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player? N/A

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? My partner created a player last season so I learned about the site from them.

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): LampLighter#3844

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) I have a lot of free time

- Is water wet? Technically no, water makes things wet but water itself is not wet

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I hope to have a good experience and have a good time with my teammates

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I am just trying to be the best player I can be and do whatever my team needs of me. If that is a long career in juniors I will take it or if I play well enough to get called up early it will be even better.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? I will join whatever team wants to draft me

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Nope

- How do you feel about walruses? They are cool, not my favorite animal but have nothing against them.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. TJ Oshie Olympic Shootout

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Video games, fantasy football

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Perks of Being a Wallflower, has some good life lessons.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Building a good connection with my teammates and making new friends

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Charizard, seismic tossed Magmar into lava

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I am trying to create a high IQ, speedy winger who is able to handle the puck and score from anywhere on the ice

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Husky, fun playful dogs and have always liked them growing up.

- Player Name: Lester Oiduser

- Position: RD

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit

- Full Discord Username: SticK#1320

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? A couple most nights, but can usually check stuff all day

- Is water wet? Only if it is touching other water.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Fun place to hang out and help develop my player

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Develop into a useful top team player. Win the cup maybe
Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Probably will take a few years in junior, but doesn't matter

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Doesn't matter

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes

- How do you feel about walruses? Sun bathe on rocks all day? seems great

- What is your favorite hockey memory? Like 25 years ago I was at the Van/Col game, Jovonoski KOd Deadmarsh right in the corner I was sitting in. Amazing.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Board games, pc games, hockey

- What is the best book you have read and why? Wheel of Time series. Like the fantasy of it.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? People that are cool

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Charizard. OG starter into a flying fire dragon? count me in

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Shut down D man.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Golden Doodle. I have one and he's great, so I could chill with him.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Code:
- Player Name: Guinness O'Bigbers

- Position: LW

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Bas O'Bigbers

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Sopath#3166

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Not a tone I guess. 2 or 3.

- Is water wet? Is slime slime-y?

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? A good discord.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I'm probably only staying down 2 years. Good 2 years though.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? not really.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Absolutely not.

- How do you feel about walruses? I like them generally.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Avs winning the stanley cup was great but honestly my favorite memory might be from 3rd period game tying goal Mac scored to send the game to OT back in the Winter of 2017. I don't know why but I've never quite felt joy like that since.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Fantasy football, fantasy books, fantasy role playing.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Wheel of Time (Whole series) it's the best book series.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The friends.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? I don't like Pokemon.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I wanna score goals. Whatever helps me do that.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? A chiuaua because I'm short.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

- Player Name: Alexander Minaj

- Position: RD

- Recreate or First-Gen? 
First Gen

Reddit post

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):

minaj27#2064

5ish depending on the week

- Is water wet?

Depends on if you touch it

Looking to connect with a fun community and compete to win some chips!

I am looking to win it all in Juniors and set my player up for a successful pro career.

I would head to a rebuilding team as long as the community is great

Nope!

Those tusks would murder someone

Coached high school hockey kids and we won AZ state championships for the clubs first time and went to nationals with the team

Disc golfing!

Harry Potters and Hatchet ( I need to read some books as an adult)

Commrader 

Charizard is a classic but always loved Gengar

I am looking for a complete shutdown defenseman who excels at passing

German Shepards, I have grown up with 9 different GSDs and love the dogs. 

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

- Player Name: Marton Diehm

- Position: Left Wing

- Recreates: Who was your last player? n/a

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit post in r/hockey

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): FaraDian#0681

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions):

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): 2-3

- Is water wet? No, water makes things wet

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Some guidance in how to become the player I want to be

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Happy to spend a bit of time developing, as long as I'm getting reps and attention

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? That's totally fine

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Only that it's in BC

- How do you feel about walruses? Cool to think about, scary in person

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Going with my dad to watch Detroit beat Calgary 5-2 at the Joe in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? I'm a nerd who plays too much D&D

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) Siddhartha. I read it every five years and it hits different, since it covers a whole lifetime of figuring out who you are.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Feeling invested, like everyone is showing up to put in the effort to make it a good place.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Eevee, just for the variety of evolutions.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Looking to be a good two-way player who is annoying to play against. Just hassles opponents with a lot of commit and good stick skills. Create turnovers, draw penalties, and set up my teammates.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Probably a dachshund because sure, I'm supposed to work and can technically do it, but mostly I'm going to hang around and be weird.