Create Account

A Post-Draft Thank You Letter (2x Double Draft Media)

Post Draft Thanks

As you guys may have noticed, this is my first player in the SHL, and the experience so far has been amazing, but I want to thank everyone who showed interest in me before the draft. I think the biggest thing this community has going for it,is allowing new players to feel like they are just another prospect. Even with established SHL Vets and Recreates, I never felt I was a step behind anyone, as long as I showed effort and did my PT’s, teams showed interest in me. Nothing is perfect however, I really wish I could have talked to more teams before the draft to see how everyone viewed their team, but I get that SHL scouting is a crazy process, and a lot of times GM’s might want to go with a known commodity over a first time player. I specifically want to thank New England Wolfpack , Edmonton Blizzard , Minnesota Monarchs , Baltimore Platoon , Los Angeles Panthers , and Texas  Renegades for doing their due diligence and scouting me before the draft, answering any questions I had before the draft and making me feel like I was a valued prospect on their draft boards. I want to obviously extend the most thanks to Hamilton  Steelhawks for drafting me 5th overall, it definitely showed me that my work so far was not wasted, and that a team valued who I am as a player, and they took a chance on me, even if I am, at the time of writing this post, tied for 4th in my draft class in TPE, I was worried I would fall because I was new and I’m glad they are taking a chance on me. I want to set out and prove Hamilton right for drafting me, and prove to all the other teams that did not scout me that they missed out on a future SHL All-Star. I hope to score goals against all of you! (Seriously though, thank you to everyone in the league who made me feel welcome, even if you didn’t scout me, and I appreciate the work you guys put in to keep the league running.)

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

I feel you! I was a newbie myself last season so it was kinda scary.
I was also in the top 5 tpe, but I was a goalie so that didn't help me, but Texas took a chance on me and they are not regretting it (hope so lol).
We were going for a D at 6th, but we hoped that you would still be available at 14th, but Hamilton takes you first, even before our first pick.
Renegades

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Bobby McG. Future SHL HOF

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]