Create Account

S67 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 08:53 PM by lore. Edited 2 times in total.)

4. PT Claim
5. Media Submission
6. Deep Dive #1
7. The second meeting between Anchorage and Quebec City on October 27, 2033 was an intense scrap between two winning programs. The first meeting earlier in the year saw the Armanda take home the win with a 4-1 victory. Playing in front of a sold-out arena, however, gave the Citadelles the energy needed to completely shut down a potent offense and secure a 3-0 victory tonight. The first period saw both teams playing cautiously with the puck however some anger was released from Nikolai from the previous meeting when he picked up an unsportsmanlike penalty late in the period. The penalties did not stop heading into the second period as both teams remained feisty, each picking up two penalties. However, Quebec City scored the first goal of the game, with Jack St Clair scoring at even strength towards the end. The referees gained control of the game in the final period with only one penalty being called. After holding off the constant attacking hockey from Anchorage to equalize the game, Quebec City was able to withstand the pressure and scored two late empty goals to claim victory. 

Previous Submission for Rookie Tasks

All tasks completed!

@minaj27 Graded! 4 tasks completed for $4 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 09:10 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 4: PT Claim

Task 6: SMJHL Deep Dive 1

Task 7: Stream

S67 SMJHL Regular Season Day 5

In the first game, Maine faced off against Detroit, who opened with an early first-period lead.  They extended their lead to 2-0 about halfway through the first period.  Detroit potted three more goals in the 2nd to put the rout on and extend their lead to 5 goals.  At the end of the game, Detroit emerged victorious by a score of 6-2.  In the second game, Regina visited Vancouver, where the Elk performed well on the road.  Sadly, Brass Bonanza only played once, as the Elk rolled to a 5-1 victory.  In game three, Yukon hosted Colorado and took home a 4-2 win.  Next, Newfoundland faced off against the Carolina Kraken at home.  In a hard-fought game, the Berserkers pulled off a win by a score of 5-3.  Anchorage and Quebec City starred next, as the first period ended with the score tied at zero.  With two empty net goals, the Citadels won by a score of 3-0.  In other games: Nevada defeated Great Falls in OT, Detroit defeated Newfoundland, Anchorage defeated St. Louis, and Vancouver beat Maine.

Bonus for completing all tasks: Tasks (1,2,3,5,8)

@jlutz14 Graded! 3 tasks completed for $3 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 07:55 AM by Frenchie. Edited 4 times in total.)

ROOKIE TASKS - Ekaterina Valieva

1. Create an update page: Done!
2. Claim an activity check: Check!
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players): Sure did!
5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread found: Not proud of it!
6. Write a Deep Dive: Here!
8. Complete the Rookie Survey: Did that!

7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube:

Had to drive 28 hours from Whitehorse to Vancouver, because, eh, rivalry and I wanted to cheer for our Malamute beauty God-chosen Bandit Heeler. Our team is doing great this year and Heeler has been one of the main reasons why we are doing so good. And I hate Vancouver. They had to paint their ice green  (WTF?!?). So glad they are at the bottom of the league right now. After 8 minutes, a weak shot between Heeler's legs, bang, 1-0 Vancouver.  Ok, 30 hours in a bus is pretty rough, I understand. Then, bang, bang. 3-0 after one period. ONE period!  7 shots... 3 goals?  What the hell, Heller?!? Second period, the game was much slower, but two more goals... 5-0?!?  Against Vancouver?!?  I drank my 9th Molson and hoped for the best. A little more than 5 minutes later, Kalberg and Patches forgot they had to stop the other team, and bang, 6-0. So glad I am not Heller's mother. I heard that they lost 7-0, could not keep watching the game, got back to my hotel before that.

Graded! 7 tasks completed for $7 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @MikeLiut - Frenchie

Left to do:

4. Complete a PT and claim it from the current SMJHL Claims Thread.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 09:22 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

4. Complete a PT & claim it

6. Deep Dive

7. Watch a Stream:

I watched the S67 Regular Season Day 7 SMJHL Stream, which featured quite a few games throughout the day. The Nevada Battleborn faced off against the Kelowna Knights in one of our games, which was a cool experience. The game started pretty quickly, and on a Power Play at 12:26 left in the 1st the Nevada Battleborn opened the scoring. The game would continue along pretty smoothly, with a lot of the Nevada forwards getting in on it as we scored again and then again, twice more, in the first. A great poke check away almost led to a breakaway goal, but the Knights goalie had it on lock and stopped it. In the 2nd period, about halfway through, a near-center ice snipe got Nevada the 4-0 win but KEL would respond with one of their own to make the score 4-1. KEL would get another before the end of the 2nd, making it a 4-2 game. Some clear cut passing would end the 2nd, but not without another goal. The 3rd would start with Nevada in control before conceding a penalty, which Kelowna would capitalize on for their 3rd goal. While KEL would get another Power Play near the end of the game, Nevada would hold on to close it out 4-3.

@ACapitalChicago Graded! 3 tasks completed for $3 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2022, 09:40 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 6 deep dive

Task 7: watch a stream

SMJHL day 5 game between QCC and STL start at 19:55

First period was good if you like defensive hockey. Both team dont let space for the opposing attackers, and when they go trough, both goaltender are at the top of their form, and stop all hope of scoring. 2nd period was more intense, after only 48 sec, Alex Phaneuf bury one with a good pass across the ice from Baltisberger, its 1-0 STL. Quebec only need 3 mores minutes to bring back the game at a stall, with a goal from Nevek Kove. After 13:44 in the 2nd period, QCC take the lead for the first time in the game with a goal from Portgas, but the Scarecrows didnt say their last word, 45 sec after the lead goal, KC Brady tie the game with a beautiful wrap around, the game is 2-2 after 2 periods. The third period is all Quebec, their relentless, and the poor Dionne cant keep up. QCC will score 2 more goals, one from beaulieau and the second in the game from Portgas. Seamus Weaver will seel the deal with an empty net goal. Final score 5-2 for QCC.

Task 1,2,3,8
Task 4,5

All task done. +1 mil bonus

@SimmiZ Graded! 2 tasks completed for $2 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 07:57 AM by Frenchie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 6: Deep Dive

This is also 8/8 Done.
Links to other completed.
Task 1,2,3,8
Task 4,5
Task 7

Graded! 1 task completed for $1 million + $1 million bonus for completing all the taskes! - Frenchie

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 08:03 AM by Frenchie. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Create an update page

2. Claim an activity check

3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)

5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread found HERE

6. Write a Deep Dive

7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube

Oct 1, 2022 Stream
When I turned on the stream I was pretty devastated because as soon as I opened the stream we got shelled - Regina jumped to a quick 3-0 lead. However in true Maine fashion we crawled our way back to an epic comeback to take the win against the very tough Regina Elk 5-4! Talk about a sweet comeback baby!! Daniel Swift was the first star of the game and Maine rode a rested Isabella Bouchard to the victory. Rolling back to the beginning now:
I don't think it would be a true SMJHL sim without mentioning the absolutely horrendous Vancouver rink. I have told my GM that I will not accept a trade to Vancouver under any reasoning because of this eyesore. Anyway, Vancouver beat up on Newfoundland 5-0, which is something I don't mind from the years of abuse that I have suffered at their hands.
Carolina and Quebec had a figurative and literal shootout - finishing Overtime at 4-4. Lots of goals and an exciting match. A very low energy shootout though, with a lot of saves, only one player on Quebec scored.
Colorado faced off against Nevada next in a game that saw me cheering for Colorado to take them out. Unfortunately a late comeback was stalled as Nevada took the win in Overtime 3-2.
Great Falls against Anchorage next. I just want to take a minute to appreciate the Grizzly logo. I remember something similar popping up in a different expansion bid and loving that logo, so awesome to see it around. Also the earth colors get a big plus from me. Anyways Anchorage had a lead for most of the game and won 3-1.
Newfoundland vs Yukon. I hate cheering for NFLD, but here we are. They got to a 2-1 lead partway through the second. Heading into the third they held strong against a dominating offence from Yukon. They held the line and scored an open net goal to seal the game late! Huge upset, and great for Maine! Thanks Newfoundland!
Next is the Regina Maine game that I started with, so on to Kelowna vs Detroit. Kelowna got an early 1 goal lead, but Detroit quickly answered before Kelowna came back to lead 2-1 into the second. These are two Powerhouse teams from the S50s. No goals in the second. Detroit quickly ties it at 2 to open the third, but Kelowna presses and takes the lead with around 6 minutes to go. 4-2.
Next up is Maine vs Saint Louis. 2 very quick goals for maine at around the 10 minute mark. Some powerplays for St. Louis, but nothing. Maine got a goal with around 2 left in the second to make it 3-0, but St. Louis storms back to score right before the buzzer! Again with about 10 left to make it 3-2 and St. Louis didn't stop. Buzzing for the rest of the game it was all Maine could do to hold onto their lead as they were pummelled.
Code:
498 Words

8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)
    - As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead
Karl Krashwagen Update

Should be all 8.

Graded! 8 task completed for $8 million + $1 million bonus for completing all the tasks!- Frenchie

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 08:06 AM by Frenchie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 5 - Rookie Task Graphic
Task 6 - Deep Dive
Task 7 - Watch a stream, make a graphic

^I watched Day 12 of the S67 SMJHL season. Pictured is Vik celebrating his second goal of the night against NBB, where he got 1st star of the game and the team got a win. :D 

Bonus for completing all 8 tasks - Tasks 1,2,3,4,8

Graded! 3 task completed for $3 million + $1 million bonus for completing all the tasks! - Frenchie

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2022, 08:12 AM by Frenchie. Edited 1 time in total.)

Activity Check
First Training
Update Page
first PT task

Graded! 3 tasks completed for $3 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims. I could not include the "First PT task" yet as you have not claimed it from this PT Claim thread. If you need help understanding this, feel free to reach out on discord @Frenchie#0328! - Frenchie
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 02:45 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 4: Complete a Point Task

Graded! 1 task completed for $1 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @Atox - Lore
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 02:51 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

09-26-2022, 03:00 PMMikeLiut Wrote: ROOKIE TASKS - Ekaterina Valieva

1. Create an update page: Done!
2. Claim an activity check: Check!
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players): Sure did!
5. Create a graphic and post in the weekly submissions forum of the graphics thread found: Not proud of it!
6. Write a Deep Dive: Here!
8. Complete the Rookie Survey: Did that!

7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube:

Had to drive 28 hours from Whitehorse to Vancouver, because, eh, rivalry and I wanted to cheer for our Malamute beauty God-chosen Bandit Heeler. Our team is doing great this year and Heeler has been one of the main reasons why we are doing so good. And I hate Vancouver. They had to paint their ice green  (WTF?!?). So glad they are at the bottom of the league right now. After 8 minutes, a weak shot between Heeler's legs, bang, 1-0 Vancouver.  Ok, 30 hours in a bus is pretty rough, I understand. Then, bang, bang. 3-0 after one period. ONE period!  7 shots... 3 goals?  What the hell, Heller?!? Second period, the game was much slower, but two more goals... 5-0?!?  Against Vancouver?!?  I drank my 9th Molson and hoped for the best. A little more than 5 minutes later, Kalberg and Patches forgot they had to stop the other team, and bang, 6-0. So glad I am not Heller's mother. I heard that they lost 7-0, could not keep watching the game, got back to my hotel before that.

Graded! 7 tasks completed for $7 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @MikeLiut - Frenchie

Left to do:

Last task left (#4): Done! 

Thanks Frenchie!

@MikeLiut Graded! 1 tasks completed for $1 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 03:09 PM by lore. Edited 2 times in total.)

Task 1 Redd Savage Update Thread

Task 2 Activity Check 440

Task 3 Paid Training

Task 8 Rookie Survey

Task 4 Complete a PT and claim it from the current SMJHL Claims Thread

Graded @TonyW19! 4 tasks completed for $4 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims. I didn't include task 4, as you need to link to this thread on a post where your name is listed to be claimed. Feel free to reach out if you need help with that. :D - Lore

[Image: VNdHkGz.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 03:16 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 5
Task 6

Graded! 2 tasks completed for $2 million! Be sure to make a new post for any new claims @NYR73 - Lore

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2022, 12:16 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

Task 6: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=126946

Task 7:

During the games streamed on 10/12, there were a lot of high-power offenses in play against teams that just couldn't keep up. Of special note were the Carolina Kraken kicking off the stream with back-to-back victories, with a 7-2 win over Detroit and a 6-2 win over Great Falls. Next up were Maine, Quebec City and Detroit ALL winning by 3 goals in their respective games. The next night had a total of 35 goals scored over 4 games for an average of 8.75 goals PER GAME. Of special note were Nevada and Detroit, both scoring 8 goals, and Regina with 7. The smallest margin of victory was 'only' 3 goals with Vancouver's win over Carolina. The following night was special in that not a single game out of the 5 that occurred had LESS than a combined 7 goals. Rounding out the night were 5 games, with slightly lower goal totals, the lowest being Maine vs. Great Falls with only a combined 5 goals. The real question that comes out of all of this I guess is, who needs goalies when you can just score goals?

@downer Graded! 2 tasks completed for $1 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2022, 12:21 PM by lore. Edited 1 time in total.)

4 - Link to the first combined claim
6 - Link to my deep dive
7-  Starting off taking a look at the stream from regular season day 23. Vancouver played against the nevada battleborn. Having not watched a whole lot of J streams in my time, I was surprised to see that the entire Vancouver rink was green. Taking an early Lead, Vanouver was up 4 to 1 halfway through the second period. Nevada did their best to rebound but shortly after making it a 2-4 game, Vancouver returned the favor making it 5-2 and keeping it a three goal game. Only a few minutes later it was 6-2 to start the third. Nevada started their offensive stream just a minute in making it a three goal game once again. Nevada really turned up the heat and was peppering vancouver with a ton of shots for the first 13 minutes of the period. Vancouver turned that momentum around and put another one by Nevada's goaltender Dexter harrison. Dexter gave up 6 goals on 29 shots for a total GR of 25 before being pulled. It was a rough game for Nevada this sim.

@Rangerjase Graded! 3 tasks completed for $3 million + $1 million bonus coming your way for completing all tasks! - Lore

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]