Create Account

S67 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

It was a little bit more warming than the previous season for Raiya Rabinov in the Carolina Kraken dressing room and with a few friends still on the team they tried their best to welcome every new player that walked through the door like the leaders before them who helped Rabinov learn the ropes, of course Raiya got greeted with hugs and handshakes from everyone including the coaching staff beforehand but seeing fresh pictures on the lockers and a new scent from the previous season they knew it was time to have a big season and it seemed like the whole squad was agreed to a lot of the same goals, unifying a plan and chanting "KRAKEN KRAKEN KRAKEN" in a huddle immediately after the first practice, in behind the team the coaching staff smiled on knowing that they had a very young group with a ton of potential to make a huge splash in the SMHJL next season.

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

After being drafted to the Detroit Falcons of the Simulation Major Junior hockey league at second overall I was greeted with quite a warm welcome from all of the current players, alumni and the general manager staff. There was something familiar about being in Detroit but I couldn't quite place it. Being the good natured Pomeranian mix that I am, I received lots of great pets from all of my teammates. Walking into the locker room i quickly found my bowl of water in my locker stall, and a jersey that fit me perfectly. I barked in excitement. We were lucky enough to have a whole dinner with the team so we could get acquainted with everyone around the locker room. I was most appreciative for the delicious coffee that they were serving in detroit. Only the best for all of our teammates. I am super happy with how this draft turned out and I can't wait to get my paws back out on the ice.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Diehm-ed Inapproriate (rookie blog of Marton Diehm)

Since I only became eligible on the day of the draft, I thought I'd be up past midnight if heard my name called at all. A lot of GMs reached out to me, but I know I'm not the flashiest guy out there and not even sure if anyone outside of Germany had really seen me play. But then Carolina takes a flyer on me in the second round?!

Next thing I know, I'm getting off the plane in Charlotte and then walking into the locker room at Spectrum. Everybody's been so damn friendly, acting like we all belong and have been brothers forever. I'm itching for camp to start, because I know I have a lot to prove. Am I worried about adjusting to the North American ice? Yea, of course I am. But I've never been one to back down from a challenge. So show me the weight room, toss me a practice jersey, cause I cannot wait to get my skates back on! 

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 09:14 PM by Loosh. Edited 1 time in total.)

My stomach churns as I take my last few steps toward the Great Falls Grizzlies' training facility. I hardly know what to expect - it's my first time meeting my new team in the SMJHL, a day I've looked forward to for quite some time now. My palms are sweating so badly that my stick is beginning to slip, but I don't care. This is MY time, this is Loosh O'Sullivan's big moment. I timidly open the door to the facility and as I take my first step through into my new "home away from home" I realize... that it's just a corridor. After that little incident, my palms are a bit sweatier out of embarrassment but at least I feel a little more at ease. It wasn't so bad, right? I can handle this. After walking down a few of the wrong hallways, I finally find my way to the actual locker room and walk in to see none other than Bobby McGinnis waiting there to greet me, sporting a bright smile that I can't ignore. In that moment, though, I feel conflicted. I have all this excitement walking into the locker room for the first time, and I'm greeted by the one guy my dear friend Bojack Calhoun warned me about. Conflicted, I shake his hand and head to find my locker, excited for the growth that awaits me here in Great Falls.

The rookies were all gathered together in the media room for "rookie day". We were told it would be a chance to check out the facilities in our small group, get to know each other and form a bond. From the meet and greet in the media room, the rookies all went on a tour of the city before returning to the arena, where they saw the training facilities for the first time. Upon entering the locker room they were greeted with names quickly scratched on very temporary looking place cards placed on upside down garbage bins in the front - middle of the room. The message was clear: welcome to the big leagues rooks, now is the time to earn your spot on the bench. Looking at the place cards Nathaniel noticed a new card that he didn't expect, it read O’Bigbers. Curious he thought to himself, taking care to note that it was placed right beside Barca and sitting on it was a steaming piece of toast.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

It actually happened...Lazos not only got drafted into the SMJHL, but he gets drafted on the same team as his older brother Davos. It was a surreal moment for Lazos as he entered the Armada dressing room. All his hard work and dedication of changing his style of play and the mental preparation has paid off. Lazos knew he finally made it.

The first thing Lazos notices was the logo  Armada in the centre of the dressing room floor. It gave him the feeling of belonging. It was no more about his own personal journey, but now he has a crew, a brotherhood, all looking to achieve the same goal. He quickly scans the room to see any familiar faces, but notices something else. A bottle of signature whiskey placed in everyone's locker, and this brought a smile to Lazos' face. Davos and his god damn whiskey he thought to himself. He steps up to the locker that reads Lazos Otasrob #46 and sees his new Anchorage Armada Jersey. He touches the logo and mutters something under his breath. "Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room." -Dwayne the Rock Johnson 

It was time to meet the team as Davos stepped into the locker room. They both just looked at each other and nodded. They knew this was only the beginning...

Letsss Goooooo Armadaaaa!!!! 
Armada Armada Armada

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: sobchak.png]

PBE affiliation

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 08:33 PM by AlexisTexasRanger. Edited 1 time in total.)

The outside air was a brisk 3 degrees when I walked inside the Brandt Center, but inside it felt warm. The locker room, adorned with the Wheat Gold, the Wood Lily Orange, and the Wild Purple of the Elk felt like home. Team captain David-Arturri Donskoi gave me his signature wave and welcomed me, and I made my way through the building in awe. To walk the same halls that M'Baku Olubori, Gordie Goodenough, Mars Stanton, San-Sam Emerson and others had walked in junior had me left with not much to say. Once I did gather myself, I knew that only one thing mattered: to remember that I was a proud member of the Texas family of Belfast. Playing overseas for the first time in such an incredible atmosphere wouldn't be daunting; it would be inspiring. 

To earn the respect of my teammates. To entertain the fans in Regina. To make my family proud.

I am a Regina Elk  Elk

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

Being unsure of where I would go in the draft I was determined to stay up watching the draft until I heard my name called. The first few rounds came and went and I started to wonder if I was going to be drafted at all. Then all of a sudden I got a message on my phone that said Welcome to Newfoundland, I read the message and got a huge smile on my face and I could not have been happier to have gotten drafted. I quickly packed my things and headed out to Newfoundland as fast as I could. Walking into the Newfoundland locker was a surreal feeling knowing that I had finally made it. Upon arrival my teammates greeted me to the berserker family and made me feel right at home. I know it can be a scary situation walking into a locker room full of new faces but my teammates made me feel very welcome. Getting to know my teammates has been a very fun, eventful experience, and I have been learning a lot from the veterans on the team and from my GMs about getting acclimated to the league experience. Now that I have settled in a little bit I am very excited for the upcoming season. Berserkers

PBE Affiliate

Edvin Kalberg just traded one rocky, frozen near-wasteland for another. Moving from Norway to Yukon is a lot like moving from Norway to Sweden: they're basically the same place, minus some language differences and other cultural stuff. Nothing too crazy, really, just an entirely different place halfway across the globe... kind of? I mean, if you go north of Norway, you'll hit Canada, so not really. As Kalberg walked into the locker room at the Malamutes' home rink, he was greeted with nothing but warm faces and smiles in the frigid, frozen territory. Once he was there, it was straight to business for the hulking Norwegian hockey man. Personally, he hit the gym almost straight away, in order to work on his strength and conditioning - something that is absolutely needed of him as a bruising shutdown defender. After that, he did some chemistry exercises with some teammates, particularly those whom he was told he was most likely going to be playing with.  Eventually, the day was over, and it was time to head home - not. At the end of their main night, the boys headed out for some brews. Unfortunately, Kalberg was accused of having a fake ID and was not allowed to grab a drink with his pals.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Being that Guinness is the little brother of former Newfoundland Berserker, Bas O'Bigbers, he was actually gifted with his older brother's jock strap as some kind of odd practical joke. His older brother was a captain and his mark has been left on the team forever and Guinness is just happy to be in the place that Bas once called home. Guinness and Bas' career will be seperated by nearly a decade but Guinness can actually recall attending some games in NL back when he was kid watching his brother play. The way the fans cheered in S59 when Bas became a captain really is what inspired Guinness to try to become the best hockey player he can be. But after the joke he had a lovely evening out with his new teammates and front office. Some where even present when Bas was playing over a decade ago. In a way it feels like home for O'Bigbers. Oh and of course his teammates gifted him with a pint of Guinness.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

When I entered the Detroit Falcons LR server I didn't realize that Vaxlare was the GM of the team and was surprised to see him (teammate in Berlin in ISFL).  Vax as well as other made a welcome rookies message with some basic information pertaining to the team and to the SMJHL in particular.  This was when I also realized that Jase (Nash Topalo) was drafted to Detroit as well, someone who ACap Chicago talked about as some really well known user. After the initial greeting I looked at the different channels in the server, which had TPE alerts, boxscores, as well as off topic channels for things such as music and politics.  One in particular was build advice, where I asked what would be a good build for a 350 TPE capped SMJHL players as I don't know what exact skills are useful for my particular preference (defensive defenseman.)

Its always been a  dream of mine to finally make it to a real team. Hearing my name get called during the draft was celebration enough but to actually make it into the locker room is something completely different. The whole place was super clean and extremely cool and rich looking, this franchise is clearly very tasteful and whoever designed the room is a genius. Showing up with my jersey waiting for me was like I was making myself in NHL be a pro all over again. Just like my be a pro I’m sure I will be scoring at better than gretzky levels soon enough. In all seriousness I am so grateful to be playing with the raptors and cant wait to see the amazing things we can accomplish during my career. This team is built for success and the GMs have brought together such a solid dedicated group that has the potential to translate their skills to the game and come out with a cup win.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]