Create Account

S67 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

From the very moment I stepped in the locker room, I was greeted with nothing but overwhelming support from the team, both players and staff. I knew making the transition from Germany to Colorado would be difficult, but the culture inside of the locker room will make it as seamless of a transition as it can be. It has been made clear that there is a well-knit community in the locker room, and I am very excited to become a part of it.  When I found the jersey with my name on it hanging up in the locker room and put it over my head for the first time, that is when I realized I finally made it. Now is when the work really begins. This team wants to win, and I am prepared do everything that I can to make that a reality for me and my fellow teammates.

Liam Logger was starry eyed, he walked into the dressing room and got an extremely warm welcome from his new teammates on the Carolina Kraken. as he soaked in the room and the atmosphere he realized he was very glad to have been drafted to such a good organization. As he sat at his locker and stared at the beautiful logo in the middle of the room on the carpet, he knew he wanted to help this team win. With such Great teammates and not to mention some of his fellow draftees, Liam Logger decided to hit the ice for his first practice! What a surreal day indeed, skating around the logo on centre ice and shooting pucks at the team goalie, most of them being stopped, but he intended to change that as soon as he could. When Liam Logger went home that night he had many dream about scoring big goals for the Carolina Kraken.

[Image: zFE0mSA.png]      [Image: HKi05IH.png]     [Image: KS8UYv9.png]

Wow, what a whirlwind of a night! Watching the draft live was exciting as I waited to hear my name get called. Then the Quebec City Citadelles traded for the 11th pick in the first round. My heart skipped a beat because that was his favorite team after all the GM interviews, and the thought crossed my mind that maybe just maybe, they traded up for me. But why would they trade away so much capital for this prospect? Waiting with bated breath for the pick to be announced, my phone began to blow up dozens of messages. Each message was replaced with another before I could even read them thoroughly. I knew what this meant, however, and excitement rushed over me. I was heading to the Great White North! Entering the locker room for the Citadelles was a special moment as every member welcomed me with open arms. Instantly I was accepted into the organization. They put their trust in me to select this new prospect as their first-round pick, and now its time to justify that selection with hard work. We are coming for the Cup this year Citadelles

[Image: MMCPaEg.png]

[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png][Image: eP8F2Ne.png]

Taking the first steps into the locker room was definitely a surreal feeling. I have never played on a stage as big as this before, so seeing the size of the arena was definitely intimidating at first. I always like to get to the rink early before practice to relax a bit and get ready but there was no relaxing here yet. I was on edge as soon as I got there. The rest of the team started showing up slowly, they were nice and introduced themselves but I could tell I was one of the new guys. Didn't really fit in right away, but that changed as soon as we stepped on the ice. With the ice beneath my skates I was back to myself, all my nerves were gone and I could just play the game that I loved. I fell right into stride with the rest of the team and really felt at home from that point on. After practice the whole team went out to grab a drink. One drink turned into a whole night out, we were having so much fun we all lost track of time. I am definitely excited for my time in Kelowna and couldn't have asked for better teammates to spend my time with.

Foil Up Boys

Walking into the Armada dressing room for the first time came with an odd feeling of déjà vu. It was similar and different at the same time. It provided a sort of comfort as I wheeled in my bar cart. It had appeared I had arrived early as the locker room was empty. I then began placing a bottle of my signature whisk(e)y in everyone’s locker as kind of a it’s nice to meet you gift for all my new team mates. This also came with some nerves as this will be my home for the next few years and the Armada of all teams. BOAT (B)est (O)f (A)ll (T)ime. That’s why I am here… to prove I can be just that. As I place the final bottle at the Gm’s desk I notice the rest of the rookies walking in, my brother Lazos included and I could hear the rest of the team in the hallway as they just finished up practice. The team was incredibly welcoming and became extra friendly once the bottles of whisk(e)y started to be open. I can see myself here for a while. It feels like home already. Lets show the SMJHL what it means to be apart of the ARMADA!!!

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

Quickly pushing open the doors of the Kelowna locker room, my new teammates greeted me with a cheer and congratulations all around.  I was one of the last draftees to enter the locker room; fellow picks Pete Aleman, Adam Liebold, and others had already walked in.  Walking around the room, I proceeded to introduce myself to each and every teammate with a warm, heartfelt smile.  I was genuinely excited to meet everyone and ready to get moving on my journey toward the SHL.  After greetings, I walked over and opened my locker, revealing a large mound of popcorn that quickly spilled out onto the floor.  After turning and smirking at my teammates, I chuckled and smiled at my teammates who were all laughing it up.  Unknown to me, my other teammates were also pranked in the same way, but I did not witness it, so I was not expecting it at all.  One of the older guys on the team walked up to me and said, "Welcome to the team, rook, we're happy to have you here."  At ease, I quickly knew I was in for a good ride.

189 words

[Image: lutz-first-sig-shl.png]

When he first entered the Great Falls locker room, Chris really didn't know what to expect. Would the other players on the team accept him with open arms? Maybe even celebrate his arrival? Would they take a little bit to warm up? Or would it really be a struggle to be come accepted by the group that was already there? All of those worries melted away as soon as he pushed open those doors. Already in the room were several of the other new additions to the Grizzlies roster, along with the rest of the team and several members of management. Instead of feeling like some odd High School formal dance where everyone was afraid to be the first to speak, this was more like a reunion of brothers that had known each other their entire lives. Chris knew that he was where was supposed to be at that moment, and couldn't wait to lace up his skates to get out on the ice with the rest of the team.

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

It's been a literal whirlwind. My availability to the teams came in super close to the draft, and I'm talking in hours. Not days! Hours. The interview requests came in all at once, and the day got away from me pretty quickly. I was answering questions right up to the start time, and while the conversations were all good (...I think), I was pretty confident that I'd be a late round pick. I had already accepted that as fact even before the questions came rolling in. No one in their right mind uses their top picks on an unknown, and that's pretty much what I was. And that was okay! I knew what I had to offer, and no draft position would change that. I've always been more of a show versus tell kind of guy anyway.

But then wouldn't you know it, up rolls QCC with pick #13 and it's my name that gets called. I'm usually a pretty quiet guy, but that version of Viktor went flying right out of the window. Once the utter shock of it all subsided, the whirlwind resumed. Lots of handshakes, congratulatory slaps on the back, and a snazzy new baseball cap were eventually followed by an infinitely more nerve-wracking entrance into the locker room. I really didn't need to be so anxious. Everyone welcomed me in like I'd already long been a member of the Citadelles, and had just returned from a long stint on the IR. The excitement, wherever and whomever it came from, was contagious. It didn't take long before the other draftees and I were being chased around the room with demands for pet pictures and, as goofy as it sounds, that was when I knew I was exactly where I was supposed to be. Were all the in-jokes flying straight over my head? Yes. Did that do anything to affect the giant smile on my face and the excitement for what was to come? Not even a little.

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Isfl affiliate

[Image: lazer2.png]

Bandit and the other Yukon Puppers hanging out in the LR[Image: yukonlr.png]

Philip was nervous, but excited, when he swung that door open for the first time.  This was his opportunity to finally make his dreams come true and be a part of professional hockey.  He was a bit disappointed when he didn't hear his name called in the draft.  Due to scheduling issues, and with no help form his agent, Philip had missed the deadline to become eligible to be drafted.  He didn't let himself become discouraged and used the experience to remind himself what was at stake.  He got his name out there and made sure to present his talents for all of the GMs to see hoping to catch on in free agency.  His perseverance paid off.  He learned that he would indeed be be playing hockey and would end up being the number one waiver pick.  To add to this excitement he quickly discovered that the Newfoundland Berserkers wanted him badly enough to make a trade for him to be apart of their team.

Upon opening that door all nerves quickly subsided.  Teammate after teammate showered him with greetings and made him feel at home.  He knew right then and there this was the team, and his teammates, for him.  He found his home and pledged that he will work his ass off to make sure that the Newfoundland Berserkers received every ounce of his blood sweat and tears.

After being contacted through unknown means, as know one actually know where he lives, that Deemed Inappropriate was drafted in the 3rd round, 30th overall, in the Season 67 Simulation Major Junior Hockey Leauge Entry Draft by the Detroit Falcons, Mr. Inappropriate showed up in Detroit on the eve of training camp. He wasn't sure what to expect walking into the locker room the next morning but he was pleasantly surprised. Everything at the Detroit facility was the best of the best and in pristine condition. From the weight room to practice rink and everything in between was the nicest he had ever seen. As he ended the locker rooms he had noticed that all the Detroit rookies had almost no equipment in their stalls! Just a pair of skates and a cup. Apparently it's tradition for Detroit rookies to take to their first morning skate with the team wearing nothing but a cup. Deemed was hesitant to this kind of rookies hazing but after seeing fellow rookies strip down and hit the ice he opened up to the well natured fun and started his Falcons career with a smile.

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Walking into the Maine Locker room for the first time felt like a familiar yet foreign place. On one hand he has been in the hockey locker rooms most his life but this time it just felt different. Arriving in Maine being the 8th overall pick he knew the expectations were high. But looking at the teammates around him he realized just how competitive this team planned on being this season. Much to Cale’s delight he would be joining some old friends from his junior days playing along side Barca, and now with the trade acquisition of O’Bigbers, Cale felt that Maine was already home. To top it all off Barca and Salad would be roommates during this rookie campaign. These two go way back and have been inseparable most their hockey careers it seems fitting that they would end up on the same SMJHL team now as well. For the rest of the team meeting them was a mix of excitement and nerves as it will take some time to get familiar with one another.

WC:178

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

It was odd for Seamus Weaver walking into the Quebec locker room. Not only was he over the pond for the first time in his lifetime, he was in the one place that didn't speak a language he knew. He was nervous stepping into the room, the history of the team was now felt upon his shoulders, especially with the team coming off of a tough playoff loss.
He walked into the doors and was greater by his new teammates, his new coaches, and the upper management. Smiles all around they greeted Seamus with open arms and warm words. Seamus walked around the room, and found his locker. It was surreal for him to see his name already etched into a bronze plaque. Seamus felt a sense of pride in seeing his name etched in metal, and yet it was bittersweet that his family could not have been there to see him.
Seamus had found his new home, and his spot in hockey.

Yknow that feeling when you’re in a desert, and you’ve been going at it for a while, and you finally get to an oasis? Picture that, but, like, a million times bigger.

Vancouver was a shock to Derrick Prince. The Jersey kid had spent nearly all his life bouncing around in the Garden State, even getting in the hockey team for Rutgers University. He completely expected nothing more than a 4th rounder - 3rd at best. But to come up in the second round was almost like a fever dream - and to the Whalers as well? What a shock.

The Oasis of Ontario (it’s actually in BC but whatever) was amazing to him. A bunch of rookies, like himself, walked into the locker room and saw A-lister treatment that would make Arnold cry. Banners of all the rookies hung above their lockers, a gift basket was placed inside them (he especially liked the stuffed knight in his - a trinket of Rutgers), and a commemorative Polaroid was taken with the team that was placed on the wall alongside a whole bunch of other rookie classes from the past. Locker room leaders such as Alek Iskandrov and Benson Fiorentini had one-on-one convos with the gang to gauge their opinions and concerns, and the GMs and coaches talked with everyone. It was a massive culture shock, but it was like taking a step into heaven for Prince.

[Image: UtBNLUh.jpg]