Create Account

The Wheels on the bus go round and round!

For those who don't know me, I'm a bit of a free thinker, which more often than not gets me into trouble. I've learned the hard way that most people don't like free thought. Most are far more comfortable with conventional thought. That is, the type of thinking that fits a preestablished pattern, where no sacred ideas or cherished beliefs are being challenged. Most people want to put your thinking into a box where they can neatly label it and not have to face the discomfort of not knowing what this strange new concept might mean.

We all like things that are familiar, we gravitate toward them and we pull back from anything we perceive as a threat. For some reason most folks can't let you just be you because your foreign thought is somehow construed as a threat to the security of their own thought process. Hence, anything strange must be attacked and eradicated. Failure to do so would risk having our own comfortable thoughts disrupted. 

Normally I'm quite aware of this phenomenon. Every once in a while however, in the midst of having fun, I get too complacent and I forget I'm not in a safe environment. Not in a place that will allow you to post a different opinion without incurring wrath and recrimination. As a result of who I am, I don't usually do well in places like this. Partially because there's a bit of a piling on gang mentality where people feel compelled to align against you, not even on the basis of a point of discussion, but merely because so and so wears the same colors as me.

If this is the world people choose to live in, that's fine, I can't change that, but I can choose to not partake of it. Kindly consider whether you truly believe in an inclusive community where there's room for people who don't all think alike. Or whether they're merely vermin that need to be exterminated.

There's a lot of good things about this site, and I have been enjoying my time here. I like how the community all works together on common interests. How so many get directly involved to help facilitate the enjoyment of others. These are all very admirable qualities, and as a result I found myself hoping this would be a worthwhile place, well worth the investment of my time.

Who knows, perhaps it may yet be, though I suspect some will feel compelled to lash out at me for having uttered these preceding words. If you try hard enough, you can always find fault in anything, and I have little doubt even well intentioned peaceful words shall not be spared. So I leave you with this thought, if and when this does occur, kindly consider from which direction the hostility emanates.

Positive vibes for everyone who reads! Heart

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

PenKnight is that you?

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

09-10-2022, 08:40 AMAcsolap Wrote: PenKnight is that you?
Please don't put that evil into the world!

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

[Image: 85719800.jpg]

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2022, 12:35 PM by boom. Edited 1 time in total.)

The monarchy (I assume this is the context for this post after the other thread) has complicated (and often negative) legacies in many places, and these often arise after generations of trauma from colonization. There’s a gap between opinions that differ (e.g. pineapple belonging on pizza) and opinions that can cause harm to marginalized groups (admonishing them for making their true feelings about QE2 dying/the media coverage of it known). This situation is not one where everyone is going to hold hands and sing “Kumbaya” around the campfire, and it’s best not to treat it like one.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Fool: *says dumb offensive thing*

Community: *expected outrage happens*

Fool: Gee golly no one agrees with me I must be the only smart one!

Community: bruh

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

A quick reminder from the Media Grading team. The SHL and SMJHL Media subforums are for discussions about the leagues, their players, and sim-related content. We have dedicated spaces for general discussion and the airing of grievances outside of this subforum.

Additionally, remember that personal attacks and inflammatory remarks are frowned upon in the Media subforum. the Media Grading team has authority to close media threads, delete replies, invalidate media submissions, and report posts for supplementary discipline if needed.

tl;dr to everyone here quit shitting on my lawn, complain about each other in the thunderdome where it isn't my problem, and if you want to make it my problem I will make it your problem.