Create Account

S67 PT #0: Advice

plyr prompt

This season is going to be kind of an adaptation season for myself because I've come to a new level and it's new for me, apart from those couple of times and training camps that have already gone to the Toronto unit. But I, too, have some knifes and secrets that could be given to other players to better fit in. Definitely the best way to make friends with your teammates is to have joint activities, it can be a team dinner as well as a variety of athletic activities and the main thing is to show an initiative on how to organise it and I think the rest of your teammates will definitely appreciate it. You have to get involved in team-built activities, although maybe it's something that knocks out of the comfort zone. I've helped a lot of young players into the youth team myself and the result was brought by shared activities and pursuits.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

Wow, your name is Crab Camaro? And you're dealing with this situation? That is very on the nose, Crab. Now, Crab, to deal with this problem, you will have to listen to me extremely carefully. You can't miss a word of what I'm about to say. First off, this car is dead to you. You will have to become Crab Honda or something. It's over. But you can't just leave this car where it is, or sell it, can you? No. Or maybe you can? Hop on craigslist and say "Wow! Camaro for sale! You can have this Camaro for a very cheap price! Then, when they get there, you have to try to get them to buy it without ever going inside. However, if they insist on seeing the inside of the car, this is good for you. Say, aw dang, I forgot the key at home, let me go get it, and then run and NEVER look back.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

For the second straight season the New Orleans Specters will be going through quite a bit of change. The end of season 66 saw the retirement of a top line defenseman (Arsene Leclerc) and the trade of a third line winger (Ville Kurri). Season 67 will see the return of former Specter Zakkira Diporov as well as the debut of prospect forwards JR Frankenstero and Mikael Jakobsen. For Frankenstero and Jakobsen, it’s a big leap from the minors to the SHL There will be several challenges they will need to navigate in their rookie seasons, including adapting to the new surroundings.

As a veteran Specter going into my fourth season, I can recall the challenges of the leap from the SMJHL to the SHL. My first piece of advice, and something that these guys can use throughout their careers, is not to be too hard on yourself when you run into the inevitable rough patches during the season. It’s going to happen and you will get past it sooner or later. The more you let it bother you, the harder it’s going to be to turn things around. My second piece of advice is to keep up the hard work that has led you to this point. Everyone is constantly looking for ways to improve. The only way to get better is to do the same yourself. As far as your peers go, don’t think too much about Giannis Kroustis’s Hamilton conspiracy theories. Lastly, don’t get in the middle of an argument between Malik and Kauppinen. It’s pointless.

[258 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

PBE PT

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 09:26 AM by The__Y-man__100.)

Yukon drafted quite a few Americans to the team this year. This big city boys are crying in fear after the first day of training camp because they were not ready for the wildness that is in Yukon's area. Training with wolves definitely scared a lot of the prospects and even had one black out due to fear and anxiety. It was center Bowie Benning. Bowie knows that eventually as the years go on he will have to replace Oles as the #1 center, so in a moment of weakness Bowie comes to Oles and asks him about talking to coach to change the practice routines.

Oles looks Bowie in the eyes and says "real men don't back down from a challenge, become the wolves' master and they will fear you" he then continued with "wolves have no issue eating dead meat, so maybe don't pass out next time" with a smirk on his face.

Oles is notoriously known for his work ethic, which is why as a 350 tpe forward he lead the league in points. although many have criticized his workout routine for being unethical

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Creative Prompt:

Dear Crab Camaro,

Horseshoe crabs are absolutely terrifying and I feel for your plight. If you have tried to initiate contact and only ended up with a red nose, then I would immediately cease all diplomatic methods. Now, if you cannot reason with them then I see only two options here. Option 1 is operation Godzilla; you need to find a large delicious-looking pile of crab food. I hear that they are not unlike spiders and eat small insect-like water creatures. Worms, algae, and small fishes would be what I would gather. Place the food close enough that they can find it but not so close that they can get it and get back to the car quickly; there are two sub-plans you need here, if they all leave the car then you need to be ready to run into it and drive it off. If they only send some scouts out, you need to capture them in nets and rinse and repeat until you have dwindled their forces.

Option 2 is operation Father Time. Horseshoe crabs live approximately 20 years. You will need to buy a second vehicle and drive that for about twenty years or until all the crabs pass away from old age. I don't love this plan as I'm fairly confident that they will reproduce inside of your beloved Camaro and produce and an endless supply of Crabmaro soldiers.

Best of luck

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

Okay I'm taking this prompt to be discord locker room and not SHL locker room because I don't know the names of any of the players on the team except mine and @James Truong. Anyway. The locker room is definitely one of those that you might feel nervous by, because we have our moments of loud and a lil bit of chaos, especially when we're hyped on games, (or literally anything else positive that happens. Get a job? hype. get a new significant other? hype. need hype because you're sad? mega hype). but also, Chicago might be filled with the most absolute caring people I have ever met. There's not a lot of negativity or anything that happens, even if someone is feeling down, the attitude is still trying to build them up and remind them how incredible they are. Corey and JNH have built something truly magical, and it's been really nice to become a part of it. Literally from the moment they started trying to sign me in free agency, the whole LR was super welcoming and hyped about me just experiencing it, let alone when I actually joined. I love you chicago.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Player Prompt:
Yannick Svoboda is far from a veteran on the team. In fact, he was the youngest player on the team last season, but that won't stop him from giving some advice to future callups!

One thing he'll have you know is that the SHL is a tough grind, and every win has to be earned. Given that there are 20 teams in the league, all competing for the same trophy, you shouldn't expect to win it quickly, especially not in the first season. Okay so maybe that happened to Svoboda, but definitely don't take that as an example! You definitely don't just "end up" on the best team in the league that quickly, you have to work for it. Okay so maybe Svoboda got lucky there.

The other thing is that you have to work really hard to gain promotions in this league. It's a tough grind that takes a lot of work, and if you want a management position or to move up in the line up you have to truly earn it. Okay so yes, Svoboda was handed the co-GM position in his first season, after not having accomplished much of anything, but don't take that as an example!

For real though, everyone has a different trajectory in this league, and some people are more lucky than others in that regard. But as long as you continue to put in the effort you'll eventually always get to where you want to be. Or you could just get really lucky like me and end up there more quickly.

259 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 10:09 AM by goldenglutes. Edited 1 time in total.)

creative prompt

well wow dear reader thank you so much for your submission to the advice column of our local news paper and now that is what i would definitely call a problem in need of some advice and definitely in need of a solution that works. you know what you should do in the situation where you have a lot of crabs in your 09 camaro that refuse to let you open the door and shoo them out? i personally think you should tow the car south to a place that is extremely hot and then leave the car out in the sun for a few hours so that the crabs all get cooked in the car and you can have a big delicious feast afterwards! make sure you lock the car before driving though or the crabs might escape and end up becoming invasive species in the areas where you are driving that would definitely be no good in my opinion! anyway good luck dear reader and i hope my advice is useful!

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Some advice for new players coming up eh? First of all, Minnesota is cold, we're not one of those nice and sunny teams, so be prepared for that. Also, we're basically Canada, so be get ready to hear lots of "Oop didn't see ya there" and "Let me squeeze right by ya" as well as the ever classic "Sorry" no matter who is at fault. As far as players to steer clear of, I really can't give any info on that yet as the players so far seem very accommodating. Maybe someone is just hiding their dark side, but so far, this team seems like a great group of guys and girls. Other then that, I would just say don't let the big league intimidate you. So many players go from being a big fish in a small pond and get frustrated playing up against bigger and better players. Don't let it get to you, just keep on grinding and you'll end up being a big shot.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Written Task: Tell me what advice your player would give to someone new to your locker room! Do they need to know what players to steer clear of? Maybe a secret way to get the best snacks in your break room? What knowledge would your player have that could help out the people around you? Whether you're a grizzled vet or a brand new call up, you've definitely got something you can help people out with. Even if it isn't hockey related! (150+ words)

Whenever a new rookie comes to the team, Grogu is always happy to introduce themselves and give them a little tour around the Big Parm. Obviously the kitchen is a big draw because there's so much awesome food and you try to steal a little before chef Vilde smack you with his spatula. After that I would show them the Lounge and mention that it's ok to run a tab with Linda the Hostess but if you don't pay it off then old man Batsbak might give a bat to the bak of your head! It's always fun to go try to find the Parm Pigeon in the rafters as well, so that can be a fun game! Most importantly though is to make sure they know they are 100% welcome and part ofthe team and not to get too stressed about anything! We are all here to help each other have some fun and try to have a bit of success as well - but in the end it's just a game and the real Challenge Cup Championship is the friends we make along the way, or something cheesy to that effect.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Player Prompt - 150 words

So, for the Winnipeg Aurora, we had surprisingly little roster turnover. The biggest change is the departure of alternate captain Stan Din’desque in a move to clear some cap space with a first and second round draft selection coming back to Winnipeg in return. In order to fill the void left in the roster, the Aurora acquired winger Rob Wright from Baltimore. It’s a net-loss in TPE, but the rest of Winnipeg’s young roster took a big step forward in TPE earnings that more than made the difference in this change from Din’desque to Wright and the regression the older players on the squad faced. Something my player would tell Rob Wright is to just play his game, get out there and make the plays that he knows he can make, and the rest of the team will do their jobs as well and the team will do just fine.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Creative Prompt

ok for crab problem, i think the first thing is how the hell there's a crab in your car? really how can? not just 1 but 60+...... ok so i have couple of idea how to make the crabs out. First one gonna be let the car out in the shiny sun, i know that you live in place that really hot right? so let the crab itself cooked in there, first you can have your car back, second you have 60+ cooked crabs so really a nice bonus for you right? you can just eat it or sell it.
ok my second idea gonna be let them be, once i read that crustaceans feel anxiety in a way that's very similar to humans. So yeah crab do feel stress too, just like human, let them stay there until they feel stress in the car and go outside by themself.

But i recommended the first one cause you can get good food or good money ahahha

Player Prompt:

the most important piece of advice for a new rookie entering the Montreal locker room for the first time is simply: your SHL career is a marathon, not a sprint. You'll have down seasons and bad games but the only thing that matters is that you stick with it, keep coming to practice, and show up for your team. The results will come, and things will come together in time.

The second most important piece of advice is: if you want to score goals, watch Kriss Darzins. That dusty old Latvian mummy is somehow laughing in the face of regression and continuing to put up monster point totals and score goals at an offensive rate.

Beyond that, expect a lot of public pressure playing in a Canadian market, but enjoy the game and have fun. We all want our young players to be put in the best position to succeed so ask questions, be honest with your feedback, and put in the work.

[Image: banes.png]