Create Account

S67 PT #0: Advice

Sean Davies only has one J season under his belt, so it’s a little early for them to be giving a ton of advice, but here are a few tips and tricks they have for surviving the J.
1) Take care of your body. This may seem obvious, but you have to do the little things. Stretching, icing, and muscle rolling will go a long way to keeping you at the top of your game. And remember to stay hydrated. Cramps are the worst.
2) Learn how the team functions. If you don’t know ask. Being confused isn’t going to help you. Ask the vets where things are and how the team runs things. You don’t want to be the guy people are laughing at because you thought you knew better.
3) Ask why. This is similar to the last point, but with a twist. When I say ask why I don’t mean argue and ask why you must do something. I mean learn why you’re doing it. It’s one thing to just follow orders, but it’s another to know why. If you’re doing a certain drill one way, ask the thought process behind why. If you’re doing a workout one way, ask how it benefits. Knowledge is power and learning the reason you’re doing things will help you perform more effectively.
4) Thank the fans. They’re the one’s paying your salary and they look up to you. Return the favor.
5) Above all have fun. You’re incredibly fortunate to have the opportunity to play hockey for a living. Yes it is your job, but it’s still a game. Enjoy it.

Being brand new to Seattle, Jimmy Wagner wasn't in much of a place to give advice to any newcomers. He was brought back as part of a veteran presence to speak with the new callups at a rookie symposium though. He spoke about the importance of saving your money, not wasting paychecks on silly things such as trading cards and gambling, the value of peaking in the playoffs, mental health, and the importance of staying humble in such a privileged position. Some of those Wagner was more qualified to talk on than others, but the league as a whole has noticed a trend of young players getting sucked into the trading card and gambling money sinks and are pulling out all the stops to protect their stars of the future from throwing away their talents. Wagner secretly is a fan of both, but has subsidized his income with enough media cameos to subsidize the habits.

156 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

ISFL Affiliate

ISFL: 37thchamber

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

Player Prompt

It is a weird feeling for Marco Barengrub to be all of a sudden a veteran on his team, the Tampa Bay Barracuda. For 5 straight seasons since his call up, he was the youngest player in the line up. That changed last season with Brendan joining the club and two new rookies are about to make their debut this season. Marco had great leaders to look up to, he's not sure he can be good at it. He doesn't say much in the locker room and doesn't have the charisma of a Michael Fitted to rally the troops. The old cliché leading by example could apply though, he's one of the hardest working player in the league. The cudas are getting old, he would advise the young players to stay positive when the results aren't there, they are the core for the next generation. It is sad to see all those legends Barengrub played with gone or about to retire, he would tell the young ins time flies fast, they will soon be the vets.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 01:50 PM by Finch. Edited 1 time in total.)

My advice for the newcomers is ask a lot of questions, don't worry about needing to guess on anything, someone is both able to answer, and happy to do so. We're like one big dysfunctional family, everyone has eachothers backs. May aswell all be best besties to be quite honest. With forum tasks also, as a veteran presence in the simulation hockey league, again, I would suggest to new comers, get creative with filling your word count, even referencing your word count during the task, to help complete the minimum amount of words needed in the task. Sometimes, perhaps even often times, the creative juices aren't flowing yet. Also @Big Newff is literally the most helpful person in SHL that I have come across.

Advice #2, do your prompts, get comfortable with an update schedule and the SHL is literally an oyster. And you are the pearl of it's mouth.

tryna make a change

CREATIVE PROMPT

There are two ways to look at this.  Clearly Slip McScruff wrote this Crab Camaro letter in to the newspaper himself.  Did he do this as a devious way to generate engaging content that drives up his value to the paper?  Or is he becoming senile in his old age and writing in letters that he doesn’t remember sending? Either way, his response would be something like this:

Quote:”Hey Mr Camaro, or can I call you Crab?  How is the weather in Concord?  It’s probably kind of hot right now (or maybe it’s already cold) but give it a few months and it will probably get too cold for crabs to think as a group (or maybe it will still be hot).  If you can stand to wait for 3-8 months before reclaiming your Camaro, this problem will solve itself.  Just take a look in the winter time and enjoy some frozen crab legs.

Now, if you cannot wait until the first snow, then consider propaganda.  If you put up a screen alternating between The Little Mermaid and House of the Dragon, the crab collective will tear itself apart.  Some crabs will want to be singing Disney stars.  Some crabs will want to be swashbuckling pirates.  Some crabs just want to pinch noses.  Give it a weekend (crabs think faster than humans) and take a look.  They will be divided and weak, you can then pick a side and help them take over control.  Then just share the car with them until they die of old age (or maybe you first, I don’t know how long crabs live).  Personally, I would go with the pirate crabs, that sounds like fun.“

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Player prompt

1. Get to know your teammates and build relationships with them. The better your relationships are, the more comfortable you'll be in the locker room and the more likely you'll be to succeed on the ice.

2. Be a good listener. Pay attention to what the veterans and coaches are saying. They have a lot of experience and know what it takes to win.

3. Work hard in practice. The more you put in, the better you'll play.

4. Be mentally strong. This game is demanding and there will be ups and downs. Staying positive and keeping your confidence high is key to success.

5. Have fun. This is a game and you should enjoy playing it. If you're not having fun, it's not worth it.

Also remember there is definitely cute pets watching the games, like Nashy, but he becomes rookie this season, so would be fun to see how Nash perform!

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 02:44 PM by vbottas17.)

There was a lot of excitement at training camp for the Minnesota Monarchs. There's a lot of young players who probably won't see any action for the Monarchs this season, but training camp is a great opportunity to get to know some of the veterans on the current roster and bond with your future teammates. The veterans were excited to see so many promising prospects and were quick to help out the rookies, filling us in on the areas best restaurants, places to see while we were in Minnesota, and most importantly what it takes to train to compete at the SHL level. There's an excitement among the Monarchs prospects and everyone is always encouraging each other to improve their games. These early training camps can be crucial to developing chemistry among the teams future players. Of course everybody would like to play in the SHL, but that doesn't make a lot of sense for the Monarchs this season. The coaching staff has to be excited about the teams future with the talent on display at camp.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

There are a bunch of new faces in the Seattle locker room, including some of the best players in the league. After an offseason where the Argonauts added reigning point and goal scoring leader Luukas Lilja, 3rd leading scorer Anton Mihailov, and the reigning Stevens winner Jonas Kahnwald (and who could forget everyone's favourite Jimmy Wagner), there's been a massive influx of talent to the team, all of whom have won cups in recent seasons. Kermit Murphy's advice to these guys is not to worry too much about adapting to a new environment, and to continue playing the game that made them successful with their previous teams. These guys were acquired for a reason, and it was because they provide something the team didn't already have. Keeping the focus on maintaining their strengths and just playing the way they know how will ease the adjustment and allow them to hit the ground running, which will help the team get started on the road to hopefully winning a championship.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Creative prompt

I am going to be really honest with you, you are not taking this the wrong way. There are no crabs in your car. You are trying to steal the habitat of these crabs, they have claimed it as rightfully theirs. Crabs are a superior species in every aspect and we must treat them with the respect they deserve as such. I suggest you quickly move on from what used to be "your car". It belongs to your new crab overlord. You should start looking into a new way of transportation. Maybe try to find something that could accomodate both you and all your new friends. A huge vehicle where you can host them in the drunk but still drive around to do what you have to do, or alternatively leave them in the car and get yourself a bike which is not as accomodating for crabs. It is also better for the environment so everybody wins!

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Crab Camaro, you sure do seem to have found yourself in a bit of a pickle with those little buggers. And while it sounds like they are giving you a run for your money, there’s one surefire way that I can think of to get those crabs out of that camaro. Do you, by chance, happen to have a sunroof on your Camaro? I’d suggest finding a way to prop that open.

Once we’ve got that out of the way. Fill that sucker to the brim with water. Crabs aren’t creatures of the land, they are creatures of the sea! Putting them back in their natural habitat might make them a bit more amenable to a trip back where they came from. And if floating and swimming doesn’t make those little guys more friendly and willing to accommodate you, then just drop a crab trap baited up real well in through the sunroof overnight. They’ll be gone in no-time. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

ISFL Afflilaite

[Image: gill.png]

There is really not that much to know about what to do in the locker room to fit in, but you definitely should avoid too much of Pavel Jeziak. He can really bring you down with his negative attitude of leaving the team or retiring. But Agnes McPipe makes up for it with his positivity and no toxic chants all over the locker. You would think that we have a duck as mascot, but you are wrong. This duck is a player, not really anything to wonder about. In fact, that duck is one of the best defenders in the league, don't get into its way. Not to wonder, there is a hotdog as general manager. Also, a duck is not enough, we also brought in an eel now, let's see how this one goes. And we have a fan that loves to write peoms, big shout out to Taylor! That's what probably brought us the cup win last season.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

Creative Prompt:

Dear Crab Camaro,

It looks like you'll just have to buy a new Camaro. Based on my understanding of horseshoe crabs and the laws of society, they have named and claimed your car. It is their property now. If you want to try and get it back from the horseshoe crabs you might want to try and feed them to get on their good side. I hear the like worms and clams so maybe start with that. If you need human help I have nothing to do clearly since I'm writing in an advice column so pay me a few hundred bucks and I'll try to negotiate with the crabs to get your car back. That might be fun. But yeah back to my original point your probably out of luck. Horseshoe crabs are set in their ways and have been since their creation, they haven't done anything from an evolution perspective, what makes you think they'd be willing to change their minds and give you your car back. So yeah buy a new car, respect the crabs personal space and all hail your new crab king.

Buck, Former SHL player

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]