Create Account

Hockey Nation

Hey all. I'd like to very briefly come back after 6 months of complete and total inactivity to tell you about Hockey Nation.

After the unfortunate closure of Hockey Dynasty, most of the active community made the jump to this reasonably similar hockey league simulator. For those who are looking to give it a random shot, it's a lot more accessible than the prior option; it's much faster paced and the budgeting system is very straight forward instead of requiring a third party spreadsheet to avoid accidental bankruptcy.

Among the features of this fine game,

-Your choice of leagues to join (fifteen leagues across four tiers),
-Three teams attached to your team (seniors, U21s, U17s), with the rookie draft occuring out of players in the U17 squads,
-Each team playing a game on 6 out of 7 days a week, with the full season from start to finish taking 2 months to complete,
-Live games playing out in your browser that you can follow (text based events over time),
-The ability to adjust tactics at both the entire team level, and also down to situational levels (i.e. "if my 1st line is on the ice against their 4th line in the 3rd period, fucking send it"),
-An international hockey championship made up of 24 nations over 4 tiers occurring during the course of each season, out of the best players for each nation in the league, with the national teams and selections being controlled by applying GMs selected at the start of each season,
-Further live events each season including the league drafts, free agent frenzy and the announcement of the international GMs,
-Individual player awards decided by the GMs voting in-game on the nominated players at the end of each season,
-A developer that is actively improving the game, fixing bugs when people find and report them to him, and picking features to work on next based on what the users want.

As of today, the regular season has just started, and it's a good time to give it a go. The game can be found here, the guide can be found here, and the discord can be found here.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

wait Hockey Dynasty is dead? I left the discord 2-3 months ago, perfectly timed lmao

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

09-14-2022, 10:02 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: wait Hockey Dynasty is dead? I left the discord 2-3 months ago, perfectly timed lmao
Arch pulled Hockey Dynasty down at the end of S8, he didn't think it was getting enough new people to be worth the effort. Wouldn't even sell it.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

It's fun, you should try it out reader

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Hockey Nation is a fun team management sim! In my opinion, it's a much more complete version of Hockey Dynasty with many additional features. The dev is very active and has a lot of great things on the roadmap that are coming soon.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[img=0x0]https://imgur.com/KOKeZZJ.png[/img]

Yeah, HD but better in every way. Recommended!

[Image: sulov.gif]

09-14-2022, 10:02 AMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: wait Hockey Dynasty is dead? I left the discord 2-3 months ago, perfectly timed lmao

SMH COA, you killed Hockey Dynasty

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Hi, Season 4 just started, perfect time to give it a try as the FA event is around the corner (in 2 days)  Wink

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

A bunch of the SFP crew joined mid season and its been a blast. Highly recommend joining now before the season starts!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Today is the best day possible to join! Doesn’t hurt you if you don’t, but the FA frenzy event is fun so get in there.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

It's pretty chill!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

4.4 East went from having 3 teams in it this morning. To being nearly full now, sponsored by the S68 draft class.

Teeech

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

11-06-2022, 02:39 PMTylar Wrote: Teeech
The player you got at 10 OA needs to Teeech

Season 4 has been incredible and by far my most successfull season.

- Won the Smekal sweepstakes in FA
- PRO won the presidents trophy and the Playoffs in tier 3
- PRO won the special December Cup
- PRO finished 3rd on the rankings
- U21 won the presidents trophy and the Playoffs in tier 1
- U21 finished 1st on the rankings
- I coached the Netherlands to 3rd place in tier 3 (WC, highest ever)
- I coached the Netherlands to 10th place in the first Olympics
- Finished the season as GM of the year
- Climbed to 1st place in the achievements ranking

Will be hard to repeat that in season 5, which starts in less than one hour Wink
My primary goal is to promote to tier 1 with my PRO team.