Create Account

The (lesser) FHM(8) cheat sheet
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 05:59 PM by JURT. Edited 2 times in total.)

I did some stuff with FHM8 data but NJ's is cooler and more reliable. I'm still going to throw my results out here, because I need that money for more packs. I'm even gooing to share the sheets with y'all because why not. Just make your own copy and mess around!

SHL - Skaters
SHL - Forwards only
SHL - Defense only

SMJHL - Skaters
SMJHL - Forwards Only
SMJHL - Defense only

I do hope I can get to goalies soon, but right now it's all about the skaters, sorry goalies.

But what exactly is this? Well, it's fairly simple. I took the stats from last season and the attributes from everyone's final builds, and I made graphs. Actually, only one graph that puts your selected attribute and selected stat in relation, and gives you a trend line's curve and R². To those unfamiliar with statistics, high slope = a higher attribute results in a higher stat (i.e. more Shooting Accuracy results in more goals scored). Slope with a negative value means a higher attribute will result in a lower stat (i.e. higher fighting results in fewer points). The R² is the correlation coefficient and ranges from 0 to 1. The closer it is to 1, the more the stat and attribute are linked.

Then I made charts of curves and R² for every single Stat/Attribute combination. It's pretty cool, a bit too much information to analyze everything and also not very reliable because the R² are low. Which is good, if a single attribute had a very high correlation to the number of goals scored, we'd see a meta that's even more meta than the meta we're currently meta-ing.

Here's the charts for those too lazy to open the links

SHL
Skaters
Slope
[Image: unknown.png]

Forwards
Slope

Defense
Slope

SMJHL
Skaters
Slope

Forwards
Slope

Defense
Slope

CONCLUSIONS
Nothing makes sense except Shot Blocking always resulting in more Shots Blocked and being without fail the highest correlation, Shooting Accuracy helps you score goals but also give the puck away a lot. There seem to be no correlation whatsoever between any attribute and the Hits statistic for Defense, except in the J where a higher Faceoff attribute means a defense will get more hits (what?).

That last point goes to show how this data is far from enough to make a proper analysis and there's so many outside factors like lines, tactics, roles, and just the fact that having a high score in one attribute doesn't mean anything if the rest of the build doesn't make sense.

Still fun to look at and play with the interactive graphs tho. Enjoy and discuss at will, make your own conclusions I'm not your boss (except everyone in Regina and Finland and the Events Department).

Some words + charts and stuff ready for grading

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 06:01 PM by Wally. Edited 1 time in total.)

Fanciest way I’ve ever seen someone say Go elk tbh…

Elk

[Image: Wally.png]

you heard it here kids, if you wanna be the big bad hit machine you better drill those faceoffs

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

@Rangerjase is gonna give us stats on screening as a J dman

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

09-16-2022, 07:55 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: @Rangerjase is gonna give us stats on screening as a J dman

I screen the forwards so they can't see the net. It works every time

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Nothing you ever do is lesser. Don't talk like that or I'll fight you

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Nice work!

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER