Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

I'd like to appeal the appeals committee's decision

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

09-20-2022, 06:41 PMspooked Wrote: Can a GM tell a returning IA that they will sign them if they void their contract? Genuinely curious if we are expecting returning IAs to blindly void their contracts or if they can actually plan the move before voiding themselves so they don't just end up not playing anywhere.

I almost did that with Veccelli when I was signed as an IFA by Minny lol. I was IA but I still looked at the site and I kind of preferred to pick my destination, but I think by that point it was too late. I wasn't tagged in the IFA signing so I didn't see it. If it was at the start of FA I would have opted out blind and been a regular FA.

I think the point of it is so you can go through regular FA process, which in itself is still going in blind. You could also go back to the team you opt out of.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

09-21-2022, 11:16 AMSymmetrik Wrote:
09-20-2022, 06:41 PMspooked Wrote: Can a GM tell a returning IA that they will sign them if they void their contract? Genuinely curious if we are expecting returning IAs to blindly void their contracts or if they can actually plan the move before voiding themselves so they don't just end up not playing anywhere.

I almost did that with Veccelli when I was signed as an IFA by Minny lol. I was IA but I still looked at the site and I kind of preferred to pick my destination, but I think by that point it was too late. I wasn't tagged in the IFA signing so I didn't see it. If it was at the start of FA I would have opted out blind and been a regular FA.

I think the point of it is so you can go through regular FA process, which in itself is still going in blind. You could also go back to the team you opt out of.

I would like to think most teams would take a returning user over an IFA, but the cap is very awkward imo so depending on the situation you could be at risk of getting no offers and the team having filled your spot by the time you go back to them.

You might also lose money too I guess? But its a bit weird.

I think from a GM perspective I just want to know if we are even allowed to say anything if someone on an IFA contract asks us if we would be interested in them or not.

09-21-2022, 03:03 PMspooked Wrote:
09-21-2022, 11:16 AMSymmetrik Wrote: I almost did that with Veccelli when I was signed as an IFA by Minny lol. I was IA but I still looked at the site and I kind of preferred to pick my destination, but I think by that point it was too late. I wasn't tagged in the IFA signing so I didn't see it. If it was at the start of FA I would have opted out blind and been a regular FA.

I would like to think most teams would take a returning user over an IFA, but the cap is very awkward imo so depending on the situation you could be at risk of getting no offers and the team having filled your spot by the time you go back to them.

You might also lose money too I guess? But its a bit weird.

I think from a GM perspective I just want to know if we are even allowed to say anything if someone on an IFA contract asks us if we would be interested in them or not.

You can treat that the same way you would if a player on any other contract came to you and asked that question. Refer them to their GM, or ask somebody in HO for guidance if you're really worried about it. If they're within the opt-out period, the other GM really can't say no or the player can just opt out and be a normal free agent, and at that point it becomes a question of player agency (which is the whole idea behind the IA opt-out window in the first place), rather than a GM actively going and engineering the departure of a player from another team's roster. The risk of not making your mind up fast enough and having a potential spot filled is a risk in any free agency situation, not just for returning IAs.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

fire tomen

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

09-20-2022, 06:58 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: Just an observation but it seems like every appeal on this site is favorable to the one being punished. At what point do the rules even matter to the degree they are outlined?

I don't have a strong opinion on the appeal on question

my personal ideology on the purpose of our group is to reduce or uphold. we have a pretty good hammer but at the end of the day it's a hammer, so when you divorce our decisions from the context we set meticulous precedent of providing to every decision it leads that everything would look like a nail.

as a direct response to the claim we're being favorable to people violating site rules, i have two arguments. first, we have a robust history of upholding most to all of a HO decision. we upheld the mike izzy punishment in full, upheld all of the gm and team facing penalties in the EDM sopath punishment, and upheld everything but the "first strike" in the GFG early signing punishment. thats three of our five committee actions since february upheld or mostly upheld, on top of this decision being upheld nearly entirely.

second, our decisions in context provide clear places where we found the rulebook wasn't working. in the sopath regression, we found the user did the best they could to fix their mistake and lessened their individual suspension. we made that decision to support the user experience and focus the punitive action at the general manager. in the GFG early signing, we agreed the issue was a clerical error and opted to show some leniency in the smjhl's new "strike" system. we made that decision based on intent, something the rulebook can't identify on its own.

i'm not accusing you or anyone of arguing in bad faith or being shitty or anything. criticism is good because it allows us to interrogate ourselves and make sure our actions and behaviors are resilient to public opinion. but i pretty firmly disagree with your framing of the appeals committee as delegitimizing to the rulebook. our job is to provide context and a human element to a rulebook that is inherently incapable of seeing infractions in shades of gray, and i think we're doing the best we can with it and providing more insight into our decisions and process than the league has ever gotten.

all that said, if you or anyone else has constructive thoughts on how the appeals committee can operate more effectively, my DMs are always open.

Who was the narc

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

09-21-2022, 06:51 PMMerica Wrote: Who was the narc

It was a two piece puzzle but by golly we pieced it together

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]