Create Account

3k posts, Wagner traded, 13th season of GMing, AMA
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2022, 07:51 PM by sve7en. Edited 4 times in total.)

[READY FOR GRADING]

Been a bit since we did one of these yeah? Season's starting up though, I'm pretty jazzed. 

Some things wildly different, it's weird seeing Seattle branding on everything... 
[Image: ITLvSdp.png]
(Sulo a god btw)

Some things still the same after two years, firing back up for the season in Carolina. Got a big class last season, 4 stud first gens this season, ready to rock and roll.

AMA presser about anything related to SEA-EDM-LAP (or SEA-EDM-MTL if you're tig), getting traded from a team you were strongly affiliated with, GMing (and doing that for so long), time on the site, etc.

Preemptive "HTT when?"
Probably sooner rather than later, we've talked about wanting to do it again somewhat regularly. Gonna require current commitments to calm down and then we'll see.

What are the top 3 qualities you look for in a new create J draftee?
Locker room fit, are they going to enjoy themselves surrounded by the people we have, are they going to rub current people the wrong way, etc.
Interest in the league, which ranges from asking questions about what they're doing to taking initiative and creating content or seeking out opportunities.
Level of engagement, who seems eager to talk and likes to hold conversations rather than just answer questions, who's comfortable talking about how overwhelming the process is

Whats poppin' in Seattle?
Seattle is pretty cool overall. A lot of the guys the leadership that started that team are guys that I have a lot of respect for like Tig, Grok, Reid, and trips. It's nice having those guys around as well as guys I know from Carolina and LA in Retu and Fest. Since Carolina and Los Angeles overlap a good bit, the locker rooms have similar feels and structures, so it's a nice change of pace to get a slightly different process for interacting with a team.

Thoughts on the NHL Kraken?
I guess being the Kraken GM and playing for Seattle, I kinda have to be a fan, no? Climate Pledge Arena and Bezos is lame as hell, the branding is good, but also not a lot of dudes on the roster I'm super familiar with that aren't from the CBJ/NSH/COL/TOR groups I know.

Use this question slot to talk about something you've accomplished (SHL or IRL) that you're proud of
coming soon

Poutine v popcorn chicken loser leaves town match who you taking?
Blasphemous on a hockey site maybe, but I'm gonna dump poutine. Good poutine is good, but it's not my favorite way to have most of those ingredients. Popcorn chicken with some dips is solid, but it really takes the cake for how you can use it as a component in things.

Who is ur fav simmer and why is it HoltzFan10?
Holtz has to clean up the file work mess and is a pleasure to work with every time. He has no dirt on me whatsoever.

Is it true that your new goalie and teammate Willie Miller keeps dead fish in his skates when he's not wearing them?
False, his feet just smell that bad.

What percentage of the Carolina organization is funded by the OnlyFans?
Not much, it's good income but we've got a lot of revenue streams.

How do you approach trades (your own and your team’s) - is it from a player perspective, a user perspective, or something else?
From the GM side, its a bit weird. The SMJHL is so much about making sure the users are on teams that they want to be on and will be happy with because the point is to get them to the SHL. Outside of that, I consider the locker room to be the most valuable aspect of a team, and players having limited careers in the J makes it tricky to balance valuing a user and player vs the future. Sometimes this means letting people go who would have value to the roster, and sometimes that means having to pass on opportunities to bring in really great people because you can't justify mortgaging the future for a single person.

As a player, it was also weird. I had changed teams in the SSL and WSBL a few times now, but wasn't really active in either. I had been a career player in the ISFL with Chicago over the last 10 seasons there, and was very much the face of LAP at the end of Wasty's and beginning of Fuzz's tenures. This is really the first instance of not participating in a locker room to the same level as I had at one point, and the first instance of not being involved in the war room of a team I play on on this site. I wanted Los Angeles to succeed, it's a reflection of the work and decisions I made two years ago, and I had told Fuzz months ago that if it had to happen for the good of the organization I would be on board with it as much as it would personally suck.

Thoughts on Bluetooth speaker light bulbs? Have you used any?
I haven't used any personally, home gadgetry isn't really a big thing of mine. I do like the idea of intra-home sound, especially that follows the individual, but I've generally only lived in smaller apartments. If I had to pick one I'd pick the GE ones because I'm inherently wary of reproductions and low quality products on Amazon.

Which J team (or GM) is your favorite to trade with?

Faelax is the easiest to work with, which is honestly unfair to a lot of the other J GMs just because they don't have a history of knowing each other. I've known him for something like 6 years and we're super tight, so it's easy for us to lay everything on the table and be completely open with each other. Talking trades turns into a cooperative measure more than anything else.

Which trade has felt like the biggest win for you?
This is a hard question not gonna lie. I do a lot of trades (27 since taking over as head GM), and I'll arrogantly consider it part of my ability as a GM that so few stand out as big losses and few stand above the rest that I generally just make efficient deals. The singular trades that I'm happiest about are probably trading out of 23oa in S56 to pick up Canadice in the following draft, and when I jumped up from 28 to 25 in S59 to secure Roddy B. STL had messed up and accidentally posted his name while Maine was on the clock ahead of them and I gave up a few picks to jump them and bring in someone that would end up being captain, helping in the war room, and becoming coGM of his SHL team.

The best chain or tree was probably when Gordie asked to be moved back to STL back in S56. In that situation you're looking to keep the player happy but not lose out too much. Through some good drafting and trades, I feel we came out slightly ahead. That trade net me a S57 2nd (the next draft) and a 2nd in S60. The 2nd in the next draft was 21oa and I moved it to QCC for 25oa where I took r0tzbua (one of the biggest behind the scenes contributors in the league) and a S58 3rd. The S58 3rd I moved with a 4th to get wumaduce, who would go on to lead CAR at one point, spent time in J HO, and won a cup in LAP. The S60 from STL became 5urreal, one of the top earners of the class and another CAR leader.

[Image: unknown.png]

What's more pittsburgh
Me? Or my dad? Also who is my real dad?
Fitted is the most Pittsburgh. Impossible for your dad to be more Pitt if we don't know who your dad is.

What if you were in a group call with the guy on his phone he has never heard anything yet and he said he’s going on a trip now so I’m not going anywhere else to do that on the site and we can just park on our way back out here in the woods I have to do so I have a few minutes of sleep so we are still on our team team so I will have them all day tomorrow?
Yes. But only if the phone call has never happened in left case. Otherwise it's hard to imagine the scenario when our team is the phone call.

What is your favorite thing that's ever happened to you on this website?
Favorite anecdote: Nour's date hitting him with the podcast intro.
Favorite off-ice: CAR voice chats in the playoffs
Favorite on-ice: Seeing LAP's rebuild complete and then winning the cup the next season.

Which user would you think you could beat in a bar fight?
Most. Probably not Ragnar or Retu, definitely the rest of HTT.

What’s your opinion on pineapples on pizza?
Down with it, and fuck anyone who has a "that's not valid pizza" take.

Any teams that could be a hidden cup contender?
LAP/SFP are still sneaky good, the west is loaded though. TOR might feast on a weak division, but idk if it's their time.

Is a taco a hotdog?
absolutely.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

What are the top 3 qualities you look for in a new create J draftee?
Whats poppin in Seattle?
Thoughts on the NHL Kraken?
Use this question slot to talk about something you've accomplished (SHL or IRL) that you're proud of
Poutine v popcorn chicken loser leaves town match who you taking?

[Image: banes.png]

Who is ur fav simmer and why is it HoltzFan10?

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

HTT wen

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Is it true that your new goalie and teammate Willie Miller (@Sebster )keeps dead fish in his skates when he's not wearing them?

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

Htt when

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

What percentage of the Carolina organization is funded by the OF?

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

09-18-2022, 01:12 PMFaelax Wrote: HTT wen

bump

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

how do you approach trades (your own and your team’s) - is it from a player perspective, a user perspective, or something else?

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Thoughts on Bluetooth speaker light bulbs? Have you used any?

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

09-18-2022, 01:29 PMSburbine Wrote: What percentage of the Carolina organization is funded by the OF?

Way more than he'll admit to.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

HTT when?

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Which J team (or GM) is your favorite to trade with?

Which trade has felt like the biggest win for you?

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

What's more pittsburgh
Me?
Or my dad?
Also who is my real dad?

Also gib

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

What if you were in a group call with the guy on his phone he has never heard anything yet and he said he’s going on a trip now so I’m not going anywhere else to do that on the site and we can just park on our way back out here in the woods I have to do so I have a few minutes of sleep so we are still on our team team so I will have them all day tomorrow?

What is your favorite thing that's ever happened to you on this website?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .