Create Account

S67 PT #1: Media Mogul Due: September 25th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

I have to say I don't do a bunch of hockey or sports media unless it is the super in-depth analysis kind. I enjoy the deep dive into what the number mean, the trends and how those numbers are telling of the potential, or lack there of, a team has. The same old fluff pieces on how a team is bad, how they need to get better by executing and then talking about how under the previous staff they achieved xyz is so boring to read over and over, especially if you are a fan of that team and already know their past. One of my current favorites is Will Miles from Read and Reaction who covers the Florida Gators football team. He talked in-depth about certain stats, how they predict trends and even goes as far as to show video clips of those things in action. It makes the read so much more enjoyable and engaging.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]

PLAYER PROMPT 

Despite being a bit of a private person when it comes to his family, Sir Devoir is surprised by how much he enjoys being in front of the camera. While he does not have a TikTok because he is not much of a short meme video guy, he does often post meditation and self-help videos on his YouTube and Instagram. As for his Twitter, he usually reserves that for various selfies and nature pictures he takes of the wooden areas near his home. So when it comes time for him to be on camera to discuss various things like his opinion on what has been going on in the league, he usually handles it pretty well.

Sir Devoir also loves coming up with goofy posts for his Twitter, which usually involves him taking goofy selfies with the team and fans. He also loves fan pictures, and will often be glad to take various pictures with the fans when he is able to. The only thing he does not like about social media is anyone interrupting his family time, which he is very protective of.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Hockey Prompt
I love reading hockey media to know what happen in the hockey world. Not only in the NHL, but also in Europe and in junior leagues. I like a little gossip about the life of the players, but not too much personnal stuff.
I want to know what are the rumors from the different teams in the leagues, who are the players that can be traded, coachs fired and most importantly for me, who are the next generation of star players.
Bob Mckenzie is a reference to me because he talked to a lot of scouts and even if he's still retired, he continue to post his mock draft and he's 100% in the last 10 years to predict the first pick overall.
I live in Quebec so I have a lot of information available about the Canadiens, but I want to know more about the other teams. So I look other than RDS and TVA Sports who cover mostly the Canadiens, and more on some king of blog where we can find news about the entire league.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 10:31 AM by WithTheMoose. Edited 1 time in total.)

Pengu is all about social media. In fact of all of his friends in Chicago, Pengu easily has the biggest following. He puts a ton of investment in it as he follows all of the trends you can imagine. Seeing a cute little pengu9n busting a move on camera or eat8ng things he probably shouldn't is huge for the likes and clicks. As such, when his name is called for the team media, it is always a big day. The team obviously wants to capitalize on Pengu's popularity and so they really let him go wild. In the most recent YouTube day, he was asked to teach the kids how to griddy. It had several million views in just a couple days. He has done everything from flossing to the cha-cha. He loves dancing and showing off in equal amounts and so it makes him happy to be able to help the team in such an easy way. After all, he'd be promoting his own social media as the dancing penguin either way!

ISFL: IsaStarcrossed

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Written Task

Honestly, I'm fairly happy with the options I have available when it comes to hockey media. I mainly use Twitter for my news, along with a few local blogs for the teams I follow, and those have been an excellent resource for getting relevant news in a timely manner. I'm a Pittsburgh fan so I follow Pensburgh for articles and analysis (tied into SB Nation) and then have a few Twitter folks followed to get additional information. I've thought about getting an Athletic subscription since they always seem to have high quality articles/stories, but I don't see enough unique pieces from them to justify a purchase just for specific teams.

In terms of improvement, I'd probably like if there was more competition for blogs/news sites since sometimes I feel like Pensburgh can be slacking or their points get stale, or I just feel like I want a different perspective. Pensburgh is really the only prominent news source I know other than the direct PR folks for the Pens, who obviously aren't giving further insight.

Player Prompt: Lias actually loves all of the social media stuff. He's kind of a showoff, always has been, and he has a big personality, so he tends to volunteer for the stuff that gets his face out there and lets him display his own opinions and sense of humor. He is definitely a person who's never been a fan of the way hockey has frowned upon players showing an excess of personality, so he likes to take the opportunity to show people that he is a person and not just a small dot on the ice with a stick held potentially in the wrong hand making very weird decisions and very clearly being offsides all the time despite never being called for it. He also has some social issues that are near and dear to his heart, so any time there is a pride event or something else that gives him the opportunity to make a difference in the world, he jumps on all of that.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Hockey Prompt

Wow another point task. It seems i did the last one yesterday. Anyway, this time we have to talk about media. To be honest i am not an addict when it comes to following media, but occasionally i do follow some interesting ones. Most of them, if not all, are related to my favorite NHL team, the Detroit Red Wings. In particular, i like to watch and listen to Steve Yzerman’s press interviews, which he does very frequently. Mostly during key dates in the NHL season, like the trade deadline, the entry draft, the end of season talk and free agency. What i like the most about Steve’s interview, is that you really you get an idea about what direction the team is heading too. It is fun hearing Steve talk, trying to answer the questions as depth as possible without giving away too many secrets. Another media i visit regularly is mlive, short articles written by Ansar Khan. As a fan, those media pieces really helps me up to date with the development of the team, which players are new, who signed a new contract, some speculation about team needs, match results, etc.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

HOCKEY PROMPT

I feel like an outlier when it comes to consuming hockey-related content, or perhaps hockey media just isn't aimed at a consumer such as myself.

Almost the entirety of what I consume are the games themselves, and the media based directly off of the games (i.e. the NHL's Youtube channel, with condensed games/game highlights, and weekly top goals and save, among other things).

There's just something about listening to people's opinions that is such a turn off to me, even in a broadcast I hate just about anything the commentator has to say about a goalie or their play, as so often it feels to me that they demonstrate a poor understanding about goaltending and the psyches involved.

Nevertheless, I realize opinion-based and talk media isn't the only things out there, but another big class of content that is often hit or miss with me is behind-the-scenes type stuff. The Winter Classic and playoff series that the NHL does specifically have never captured my interest before, and yet similar productions in esports I watch have. I don't know what it is precisely, I think the NHL's productions feel more fake as they delve into the player's lives outside of hockey for whatever reason.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Code:
Player Prompt

Benny is part of an increasing trend in sports media where current players take on the world of podcasting--that is to say, spending time discussing at length the sport in leagues *other* than the SHL and its junior affiliates. Talking about the tactical side of the sport has always been a favorite pastime, and so it should come as no shock that he's ready and willing for his turn on the team youtube channel, or on the team tiktok account. Of course, who really wants to watch some nothing twenty-something talk about the details of tactics and game setup, especially when other guys are cracking jokes or doing lives and hopping on the latest tiktok trends? If anything, the fans are maybe the least excited when Flower gets announced as the next guy to take on the team's socials. Not that he cares--if only a hundred people want to tune in to listen to him get into the weeds about the Xs and Os of the sport, he's still happy about it.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Player prompt

When the time came for Shea O'Connall to take over the team TikTok for Yukon, things got a bit... weird. Firstly, the Irish lad showed up looking like he was Julian from the Trailer Park Boys. Drink in hand, slotted at a perfect 90 degrees as he walked into the Dressing Room and sat down, looking confused to why he was here. Finally the social media team explained enough that O'Connall was ready to go, and he was eager to cut his first promo. Staring into the camera he starts off, "How's she cutting ye Chiselers? Hope you aren't bunk off and taking the black stuff boyos. Crack on don't be a dosser and take the Jo maxi to the game tonight!"

Without a single word, and what felt like a lifetime after O'Connall ended the social media team finally just sighed and looked around disheartened. "Well, let's see if we can get Billy Blazes today instead". With that they walked out, leaving O'Connall standing there with a grin slowing fading from his face. Finally he shrugs and down's the rest of the drink. "Well, since I'm here I might as well hit the coaches stash" O'Connall says out loud before making his way over to the coaches room.

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Hockey prompt

I've never been big into the hockey media world, most of what I see or read is just people's opinion or pure speculation which gets old after awhile, and I prefer to hear my friends' opinions and speculate with them rather than read what some random guy has to say. Of course every rule does come with a few exceptions though. First off, I did enjoy watching The Hockey Guy's videos for awhile, he's a very level headed and unbiased fan who you can tell just loves to be able to make the content he wants to make and talk hockey. Eventually though I did stop watching, I'm not sure if it was me getting bored of the format or what, but I can't recommend this channel enough especially for people who are just getting into the sport. The other thing I've enjoyed watching recently is the Wally and Methot show, a podcast made by former TSN reporter Brent Wallace, former Ottawa Senator Marc Methot, and former Ottawa Senators social media guy Craig Medaglia. The biggest draw for me here is being able to see the personalities of my favourite players on the Sens shine through in a way I don't really see in any other media, with Methot being able to relate to these guys and create a casual conversational atmosphere while Wallace asks good questions that fans want to hear about. This is the perfect formula to get memorable clips like Chris Neil trashing Guy Boucher as a coach or stories of Daniel Alfredsson participating in illegal underground Ping Pong tournaments.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

PT Pass

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

I'm always a hockey media freak. I love the transactions media and rumors specifically on twitter. I believe it's a crucial part of hockey and it partly helps the game grow. I like guys like Pierre Lebrun, and Elliotte Friedman. He's probably my favorite, he runs 32 thoughts on the athletic and it could possibly be about anything you can think of GM hire/fire, coaching hire/fire. Player signings, player trades, different players beef with teams. I almost think he has the inside on everything. He's probably most influential especially on ESPN and TSN hockey night in Canada which is by far superior to the ESPN version no questions about it. If I made a hockey media empire it would be based on 5 pillars. Free Agency, The Entry Draft. Regular Season, Playoffs, and Trade Deadline. Critical parts of any media. I would definitely change some of the wild out there narratives including politics being involved in sports I'd probably take out all of the completely bogus and phantom rumors that are made especially by Toronto media no offense to Maple Leafs fans.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

I guess she's also a show-off eh?
[Image: VidelSICover.jpg]

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Player Prompt:
Bobby McGinnis embraces the spotlight on the ice and in the locker room, but in the age of social media, he tries to find a balance in his personal and professional life. As an Assistant Captain of the Great Falls Grizzlies, he has a duty to the team and to the fans that he gets out there in his community and makes sure the community can thrive. Bobby definitely is open to the goofier sides of social media, and I think he would go with the flow for social media ideas, as long as it’s not too far out there, he does want to be seen as funny, not cringy, after all. I think his biggest hurdle would be embracing his OWN brand outside of team based social media, like he would be an active participant in team YouTube videos, but I think maybe he wouldn’t lean towards the TikTok related content, he’d leave that for Nino Di Giuseppe.

[Image: oSSXgpz.png]

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]